PDA

View Full Version : Fire KW thread...post OU-NU

the_sooners_abide
11/7/2009, 10:31 PM
I'm first!

colleyvillesooner
11/7/2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, those plays he draws up for Landry to overthrow the open reciever are bull****. ;)

budbarrybob
11/7/2009, 11:05 PM
let me see... besides the fact that NO ONE except demarco and broyles can do anything offensively. O-line can't block. Stache is Way off. Tress Way can't kick his own *** with his heel. The people who are supposed to be the receiving corp should just be called down field runners. This is actually the most pathetic that I can remember the offense playing since Hybl was QB. Before that it was the john blake era... so yeah fire BW... moron.

jkjsooner
11/7/2009, 11:08 PM
What exactly to you want KW to do? In other threads I see things like, "Why aren't we throwing over the middle?" Don't you think we've seen our answer to that?

Guys, our players are simply not giving KW much to call. We can't protect. We can't throw. We can't catch.

bluesmagoo
11/7/2009, 11:35 PM
Aren't these supposed to be some of the best players in the country? What's the problem? Pathetic.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2009, 11:41 PM
nm

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2009, 11:41 PM
We tried everything. Down field, over the middle, screens, shovels... they shut down everything. It isn't KW that's the problem. We made too many mistakes and Nebraska may have put on the best defensive effort I have seen in a long time (other than our own effort, which was even better).

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2009, 11:43 PM
We tried everything. Down field, over the middle, screens, shovels... they shut down everything. It isn't KW that's the problem. We made too many mistakes and Nebraska may have put on the best defensive effort I have seen in a long time (other than our own effort, which was even better).

dwschoon
11/7/2009, 11:47 PM
Find a juco qb or recruit someone for god's sake. Landry needs to go.

JLEW1818
11/7/2009, 11:49 PM
we don't have the personnel to run the no huddle

last year team had maturity. and 2 mature WRs

tulsaoilerfan
11/7/2009, 11:53 PM
we don't have the personnel to run the no huddle

last year team had maturity. and 2 mature WRs

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner; the no huddle we are attempting to run this season has caused numerous false starts, too many TO's cause the play clock is running down, and a QB that gets in too big of a hurry at times because we either go too fast or take too long to get the damn play in; this team simply can't execute this offense, and the fault for that is on KW for attempting to do this

SoonerObsession
11/7/2009, 11:54 PM
KW called a really good game tonight. Landry had a bad night and is capable of much better. It just happens sometimes. I'm more concerned with the stupid penalties at the most inopportune times.

soonerborn45
11/7/2009, 11:56 PM

Come on really though. He had a terrible game yeah but it was the first time all year he has looked like a freshman... give him a break.

misplaced_sooner
11/8/2009, 12:01 AM

LOL

The kids what 5th start and he "needs to go".....give me a break.

tulsaoilerfan
11/8/2009, 12:04 AM
KW called a really good game tonight. Landry had a bad night and is capable of much better. It just happens sometimes. I'm more concerned with the stupid penalties at the most inopportune times.

How many of the penalties were false starts? Stupid personal fouls at the end of the play? I'm not sure how good a game Wilson called tonight, but the end result of 3 points and 4(or was it 5) int's by the QB fall at the feet of the man responsible for this cluster**** of an offense we have this season

Hot Rod
11/8/2009, 12:07 AM
When your 1st down play is so predictable, that you might as well get ready for 2nd and more than 10, it's your play calling. Why on every 1st down do we run it? Why not throw a PA pass or something into the mix. Instead, we dig a hole, we can't get out of, and 3 plays later, we're punting. FACT!

ocsooner
11/8/2009, 12:14 AM

KW called good plays for LAST YEAR'S OFFENSE. This offense is not suited to run those plays at that tempo. A good OC is one who can change his scheme to match the talent he has. That is why KW should be doing something else...

boomerborn79
11/8/2009, 12:16 AM
You have o-line men playing positions they haven't played. You have a freshman QB. New wr's, this aint the offense to run. When i can watch football all day and see teams with no offensive weapons score time after time on good defenses. Then watch this fake *** hurry up get set, no wait change the play, ok, no wait do this, hurry hurry play clock, **** false start. over and over again I have nothing else to say other than KW you got to go...Tell me this, 2 penalties for late hits... those o-line men want to block. They can't because the play calling has them backing up every play. last thing, first half we run side to side, second we run counter which slowed down the LB's all the sudden middle opens up, running game looks good then we abandon it until 3rd and 5 draw to force 4th and 4. I don't know how many times I said Thats your play call. Slow the game down for Landry and the rest of the newcomers. D-fense hats off great game. Landry I dont blame you, yes you were off but at some point the O-coord has to adjust to you.

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2009, 12:20 AM
First half: 8 rushes, 9 passes
Second half: 9 rushes, 11 passes

Yeah, real predictable

Petro-Sooner
11/8/2009, 12:21 AM
Is it basketball season yet?

Hunyock
11/8/2009, 12:23 AM
At least your offense could move the ball. Ours seemed stuck in neutral all night. I say we just call this a great game by both defenses.

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2009, 12:45 AM
Getting up early by 7 points was the key. It put OU into a position of having to throw, while the Huskers could just run safe plays all night.

Soonerus
11/8/2009, 12:51 AM
I have been in denial about our o-line...

mehip
11/8/2009, 12:55 AM
I more concerned about the effort/talent of the o-line. I don't think the wheels are coming off the bus but, can we march this same group out next year and expect anything better?

GrapevineSooner
11/8/2009, 12:58 AM
Color me firmly in the 'It's not the coach, it's the lack of players' camp.

O-line played it's worst game of the year tonight, Broyles is the ONLY playmaker in the WR corps, and Landry, bless him, simply isn't Sam Bradford.

He may turn out to be a nice QB in time, ala ENA. But he has his limitations right now. It's just the perfect storm.

Curly Bill
11/8/2009, 01:00 AM
I'm blaming the coaches, because even if it is the players, it's the coaches that recruited and "prepared" them, so bottom line is: it's the coaches.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:03 AM
When your 1st down play is so predictable, that you might as well get ready for 2nd and more than 10, it's your play calling. Why on every 1st down do we run it? Why not throw a PA pass or something into the mix. Instead, we dig a hole, we can't get out of, and 3 plays later, we're punting. FACT!
What the HELL are you talking about?

22 passes vs 17 runs on first down.

Seriously, get a clue. FACT!

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:08 AM
He may turn out to be a nice QB in time, ala ENA. But he has his limitations right now. It's just the perfect storm.
"In time" you think he'll reach Thompson's level? Come on. LOL

He's probably already as good. Bad game. If Thompson had this line, he'd been terrible at times too.

boomerborn79
11/8/2009, 01:12 AM
It's the O scheme, We should be a running team that passes out of the run formations. Tight bunches, slow tempo, easy on the qb, less incompetant wr's on the field at the same time. Tell me what makes more sense someone who cant catch a ball, or a big *** blocking TE Murray and Brown can run behind on the field. scrap this offense dumb it down to the basics. its too much for these guys to do, there all too young. 2005 we had the same problems, the difference, we dumbed it down made it simple and the line became better through the year. 2005 O > than 2009. I HATE THE NO HUDDLE its gimmic just like texas tech.

TXBOOMER
11/8/2009, 01:16 AM
I more concerned about the effort/talent of the o-line. I don't think the wheels are coming off the bus but, can we march this same group out next year and expect anything better?

I have the same concerns. Neither Eldridge (who went out early tonight) or Williams will be back next year(although he was not good for a large part of the game tonight). I think the wheels are off of the O-Line especially when we play a talented defense. Our D won't be as good next year either. I don't see how we can be much better than average next year.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:16 AM
It's the O scheme, We should be a running team that passes out of the run formations. Tight bunches, slow tempo, easy on the qb, less incompetant wr's on the field at the same time. Tell me what makes more sense someone who cant catch a ball, or a big *** blocking TE Murray and Brown can run behind on the field. scrap this offense dumb it down to the basics. its too much for these guys to do, there all too young. 2005 we had the same problems, the difference, we dumbed it down made it simple and the line became better through the year. 2005 O > than 2009. I HATE THE NO HUDDLE its gimmic just like texas tech.

The O-line isn't good enough to play that style (like we did in 2006). They get whipped at the line of scrimmage. The only way they have a chance is to spread it out and throw.

MyT Oklahoma
11/8/2009, 01:17 AM
"In time" you think he'll reach Thompson's level? Come on. LOL

Maybe.. maybe not. But even on an off night I bet at least he's better than your best effort on your best night.

He's only 19 years old. How great were you at 19 years old?

Leroy Lizard
11/8/2009, 01:21 AM
You're assuming he's older than 19. Based on his logic?

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:25 AM
I have the same concerns. Neither Eldridge (who went out early tonight) or Williams will be back next year(although he was not good for a large part of the game tonight). I think the wheels are off of the O-Line especially when we play a talented defense. Our D won't be as good next year either. I don't see how we can be much better than average next year.

How come the 2006 o-line was so much better than the 2005 o-line?

After all they lost davin joseph and chris chester to the NFL?

OKC-SLC

No. This group is extremely soft. If it's not vaginitis that they have, it's something real close.

batonrougesooner
I think Wilson is doing the best he can with what he has.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:26 AM
Maybe.. maybe not. But even on an off night I bet at least he's better than your best effort on your best night.

He's only 19 years old. How great were you at 19 years old?

Uhhh, sarcasm.

I was suggesting he's probably already as good as Thompson was, and just a year and a half into the program.

MyT Oklahoma
11/8/2009, 01:28 AM
I assume most redshirt freshmen quarterbacks are 19 year olds as in 18 plus 1.

boomerborn79
11/8/2009, 01:32 AM
The O-line isn't good enough to play that style (like we did in 2006). They get whipped at the line of scrimmage. The only way they have a chance is to spread it out and throw.

2005 all freshman line men, They all graduated last year, terrible against TCU got better and beat 10-2 oregon. If your gonna quote me get it right. Run blocking is easier than pass blocking, tight bunches slows D's down. spread allows blitz's and bull rushes to pressure qb's. why do you think no one in the SEC uses spread. Go ahead say Florida, not a spread. Olemiss maybe, but look what there doin.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 01:41 AM
2005 all freshman line men, They all graduated last year, terrible against TCU got better and beat 10-2 oregon. If your gonna quote me get it right. Run blocking is easier than pass blocking, tight bunches slows D's down. spread allows blitz's and bull rushes to pressure qb's. why do you think no one in the SEC uses spread. Go ahead say Florida, not a spread. Olemiss maybe, but look what there doin.

not quite!

senior davin joseph, senior chris chester. both high draft picks.

also included senior chris bush and junior chris messner.

TJKDone
11/8/2009, 01:48 AM
Wow. One season removed from having one of the best offenses in the history of CFB and Wilson needs to go?

You need to judge him when the hand he has is competitive with those he is playing.

I was under the impression that he was the one causing the defections from the program on the OL, but posters here assure me it is the strength coach. It is the cause for the lack of depth on the OL that needs to get the hook. That is the one thing that is totally unacceptable for a program the caliber of OU.

Hook'em

westcoast_sooner
11/8/2009, 01:51 AM

OK - this is the same no huddle we ran last year and scored a record number of points. Were you complaining then? But did you see Suh get winded by the pace of play several times this evening. When he was off the field, we were able to make some plays. DeMarco could run a little, there was less pass rush, overall we were just more successful. Yes, this team is young, and doesn't execute with the precision it had last year. But overall, the no huddle has helped this young offense, more than hurt it, IMO.

boomerborn79
11/8/2009, 01:52 AM
not quite!

senior davin joseph, senior chris chester. both high draft picks.

also included senior chris bush and junior chris messner.

Your right. Sorry for ?? your fanhood. Still my arguement is the same neb didnt spread us, if you set the mentality of running the ball its easier on your qb and o-line. We force Landry into mistakes.

Curly Bill
11/8/2009, 01:53 AM
Yeah boy! I sure am glad we run that no huddle...

....without it we don't get those whopping 3 points we scored tonight! :rolleyes:

westcoast_sooner
11/8/2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah boy! I sure am glad we run that no huddle...

....without it we don't get those whopping 3 points we scored tonight! :rolleyes:
Sorry, but I can't agree. Only scoring a "whopping 3 points" as you put it was more of a function of Landry throwing 5 picks than anything. We win the turnover margin and we win the game, IMO. Landry's play was awful. Should we bench him? I don't think so. He's the best option at QB we have at the moment, and he's played well until tonight. Remember Sam struggled on the road his freshman year, too.

boomerborn79
11/8/2009, 02:01 AM
OK - this is the same no huddle we ran last year and scored a record number of points. Were you complaining then? But did you see Suh get winded by the pace of play several times this evening. When he was off the field, we were able to make some plays. DeMarco could run a little, there was less pass rush, overall we were just more successful. Yes, this team is young, and doesn't execute with the precision it had last year. But overall, the no huddle has helped this young offense, more than hurt it, IMO.

How we make the same mistakes now as we did against BYU. I loved it last year, we had experience running it. This offense is not capable of running it. How can you say its helped WE DID NOT SCORE. Look in Landry's eyes he is confused, slow the game down for him. Tell me is it easier to block on 50 plays or 80. The O needs to huddle, slow the game down, give the D more of a break in between our 1 min offense posession.

IronSooner
11/8/2009, 02:12 AM
Maybe it's time we went back to running the '99/'00 offense. None of those guys played another down after leaving OU and they did alright. Run a gimmick offense if it gets you points. What we're doing now doesn't get us much of anything.

True, KW doesn't have the players this year. We've lost nearly everyone on O. So change the O to account for what you do have. We changed the offense for AD, why not change again based on who we have and what we can do now? Nothing to play for now but self-respect anyway

Curly Bill
11/8/2009, 02:12 AM
Right now our scheme and the offensive genius that is responsible for it is doing nothing to help our young line, or our young QB. It's either arrogance, incompetence, stubborness, or all three.

westcoast_sooner
11/8/2009, 02:13 AM
How we make the same mistakes now as we did against BYU. I loved it last year, we had experience running it. This offense is not capable of running it. How can you say its helped WE DID NOT SCORE. Look in Landry's eyes he is confused, slow the game down for him. Tell me is it easier to block on 50 plays or 80. The O needs to huddle, slow the game down, give the D more of a break in between our 1 min offense posession.
Read my post above. I'll agree with you that Landry was confused tonight. Nebraska was likely showing him things he hadn't seen before - thus the reason for 5 INTs. Then look at the overall game stats. In every meaningful statistic, OU wins. We got more total yards, more passing yards, more first downs, fewer penalties than Nebraska, yet still managed 3 points in a loss. If your remove 3 of the INTs, I say we win 17-10.

Nebraska's D Line is probably the 2nd best we'll face all year with Suh and Crick. Plus, don't know if you heard, but we were banged up and had to make more changes on the OL tonight. That means less cohesion in the unit, more confusion by the line and the QB.

Like I said - getting Suh off the field by using our no-huddle tempo helped us move the ball. The turnovers simply killed everything.

Curly Bill
11/8/2009, 02:15 AM
If moving the ball and total yards and all that other crap counted for anything other than talking points we might all be happy right now.

Instead they have these things called points, and we had a grand total of 3 of them. Nothing else really matters one damn bit.

boomerborn79
11/8/2009, 02:17 AM
Right now our scheme and the offensive genius that is responsible for it is doing nothing to help our young line, or our young QB. It's either arrogance, incompetence, stubborness, or all three.

^^^^^This. What sucks is we'll go roll up 50 on t a&m and everything will be fixed again till the bowl game when a half decent D makes a fool of us. But we be even better next year says KW we add a few wrinkles.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 02:21 AM
until we play at Lubbock in 2 weeks

not looking forward to that, at this point...

we lost in 05 and 07

what makes ya think we will win this time?

5thYearSooner
11/8/2009, 02:22 AM
I dont think KW needs to go. This is a routine. Happens every 4 years. remember 2005 when our OL couldnt protect that chicken. Dont worry! Landry isnt gonna take money from car delaers, he is going to be our QB next year.
We will end up in holiday bowl like 2005 and win it. yeah that was the last time we won bowl game. So look forward to beating the hell outta ducks or SUC.
GO SOONERS!

Curly Bill
11/8/2009, 02:23 AM
until we play at Lubbock in 2 weeks

not looking forward to that, at this point...

we lost in 05 and 07

what makes ya think we will win this time?

Absolutely nothing. :(

boomerborn79
11/8/2009, 02:30 AM
Read my post above. I'll agree with you that Landry was confused tonight. Nebraska was likely showing him things he hadn't seen before - thus the reason for 5 INTs. Then look at the overall game stats. In every meaningful statistic, OU wins. We got more total yards, more passing yards, more first downs, fewer penalties than Nebraska, yet still managed 3 points in a loss. If your remove 3 of the INTs, I say we win 17-10.

Nebraska's D Line is probably the 2nd best we'll face all year with Suh and Crick. Plus, don't know if you heard, but we were banged up and had to make more changes on the OL tonight. That means less cohesion in the unit, more confusion by the line and the QB.

Like I said - getting Suh off the field by using our no-huddle tempo helped us move the ball. The turnovers simply killed everything.

Which is three more reasons why we should slow it down. Look I all im saying is we look the same now as the BYU game, and the seasons almost over. I can't believe I am actually looking forward to Basketball. After tonight and the tension I had all night KNowing we were better and the frustration. Right now is the first time in the Bob Stoops era I am not looking forward to next week, at lubbuck, and I am worried about OSU now if we can't score that could get ugly on our home field. I hope the slow it down. Look my fellow sooner friend. BOOMER fu**in SOONER sleep well see ya next week at the game. Im out like 5 int's

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 02:40 AM
I am worried about OSU now if we can't score that could get ugly on our home field
I have a hunch we will score similar to last weeks KSU game.

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 02:41 AM
we aint losing at home

SoonerLB
11/8/2009, 09:59 AM

BINGO!!!!!

soonerborn45
11/8/2009, 11:07 AM

What about when we take 20 seconds to get the play and let the defense catch their breath, have to waste a timeout, and have our chances increasing of a false start because they are in their stance for longer than they need to be. In this offense when you get up to the line and then turn around twice to get a play then that is a fricking huddle just get the guys in the huddle with the qb, less false starts and less wasted timeouts

Soonerman08
11/9/2009, 10:26 AM

You don't seem to understand the concept of what works for one team doesn't necessarily work for another team. It is painfully obvious that the scheme doesn't work for this group of youngsters.

goingoneight
11/11/2009, 12:57 PM
Ditch the system so we can march to Holiday Bowl happiness?

Gotta love our chances in the future with that mentality.

BoulderSooner79
11/11/2009, 01:40 PM
Ditch the system so we can march to Holiday Bowl happiness?

Gotta love our chances in the future with that mentality.

^This. It's difficult to make major scheme changes during the season - that has to be done with both spring and fall camps available to make the transition. This season was planned with Bradford at QB and the belief that Jones could handle the same scheme. The coaches could try major changes now and not worry about the final 3 games and making a minor bowl, but I don't see that as being that helpful for next year. We could certainly make minor changes like calling the plays in a huddle. Maybe that would cut down on false starts or missed assignments. The biggest thing that could be adjusted this late would be the play selection and just running what the team executes best in practice - could be we are already doing that. There is no way we could switch to a run oriented offense or something that drastic and expect any positive results with 3 games left.

soonerborn30
11/11/2009, 02:12 PM
I keep hearing about this "bowl". Which team are we going to beat to get to a bowl?

sooner ngintunr
11/11/2009, 02:31 PM
I keep hearing about this "bowl". Which team are we going to beat to get to a bowl?

All 3 ya dumas.:D

MamaMia
11/22/2009, 02:20 AM
I keep hearing about this "bowl". Which team are we going to beat to get to a bowl? Why oSu silly. Then we could go to the Pokie Stomp Bowl.

I know, that was pretty bad. :O

Collier11
11/24/2009, 02:22 AM
2005 all freshman line men, They all graduated last year, terrible against TCU got better and beat 10-2 oregon.

Not true at all

If your gonna quote me get it right. Run blocking is easier than pass blocking, tight bunches slows D's down. spread allows blitz's and bull rushes to pressure qb's. why do you think no one in the SEC uses spread. Go ahead say Florida, not a spread. Olemiss maybe, but look what there doin.

Pass blocking is far easier...you cant just say stuff and make it true

Collier11
11/24/2009, 02:23 AM
Which is three more reasons why we should slow it down.

I do agree with this, against Neb is a perfect example, they have a really good D, we have a fresh QB who has struggled on the road, we should not have thrown the ball 58 times