PDA

View Full Version : Mark This Down

PLaw
11/7/2009, 01:28 PM
God forbid and texas goes on to win the MNC, those 6 Big XII championships aren't going to mean much. Fail in Dallas next year and the pressure cooker that Bob sits in will go to high fire in short order.

At the end of the day, at OU, conference championships are the expected norm and the goal is to bring home the MNC. In the category that counts, should texas win out, Brown will show to be the better coach.

Here's to hoping that Bob starts winning "big" games again and sooner than later.

BOOMER

Breadburner
11/7/2009, 01:38 PM
Yawnnnnn....!!

Curly Bill
11/7/2009, 01:50 PM
I agree that if the whorns win the NC Macky will leap past Bob.

...not that I think Mack is the better coach (he does have a better coaching staff), but 2 NC's trump 1 NC every time.

I, for the record, do not think the whorns can win the NC game.

jumperstop
11/7/2009, 01:53 PM
Play better against CFU and maybe I might think for a second they have a chance to win the MNC.

JLEW1818
11/7/2009, 01:53 PM
they are just not very good

and the big 12 in just not very good

(this year)

the way i see it

ouduckhunter
11/7/2009, 02:02 PM
they are just not very good

and the big 12 in just not very good

(this year)

the way i see it

That's how I see it too! Cheers!

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2009, 02:09 PM
If UT loses the NC game the Big XII will never live it down.

JLEW1818
11/7/2009, 02:13 PM
If UT loses the NC game the Big XII will never live it down.

well... get ready for it

mightysooner
11/7/2009, 02:34 PM
For a team that's not very good they sure do keep winning.

tm250
11/7/2009, 02:39 PM
God forbid and texas goes on to win the MNC, those 6 Big XII championships aren't going to mean much. Fail in Dallas next year and the pressure cooker that Bob sits in will go to high fire in short order.

At the end of the day, at OU, conference championships are the expected norm and the goal is to bring home the MNC. In the category that counts, should texas win out, Brown will show to be the better coach.

Here's to hoping that Bob starts winning "big" games again and sooner than later.

BOOMER

Mack is a helluva coach... so good, that only one coach in the Big 12 has a winning record against him...

1890MilesToNorman
11/7/2009, 02:46 PM
Mack's purdy good wiff 2 numbers but when you put 3 numbers together he gets confused.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/7/2009, 03:18 PM
Go Florida. Then watch that program deteriorate after the mass exodus to the NFL draft. And watch Tennessee and Alabama start to take over in the SEC.

Okie35
11/7/2009, 03:35 PM
For a team that's not very good they sure do keep winning.

They get bailed out by their defense and they only played 2 ranked teams(go figure). Their defense is 100 miles better than their offense. I'm not bitter enough to not give credit where its due but if they start slow against a team in the MNC they will get destroyed.

IronHorseSooner
11/7/2009, 03:37 PM
Go Florida. Then watch that program deteriorate after the mass exodus to the NFL draft. And watch Tennessee and Alabama start to take over in the SEC.

^^^ Right here! The Whorn that works with me believes that they MUST win it this year, because even he realizes that this team is about Colt and Shipley. Again, 2010 sets up well for the Sooners, as the entire conference will be in full rebuild mode.

TahoeSOONER
11/7/2009, 03:45 PM
Texas has a fine defense and sadly that will keep them in most games, including the Nat'l title. Listen folks, as much as I can't stand those teasippn sons of bitches we must come to terms that it will take a small miracle to keep them out of the big one and it starts with a team jumping on them early with their slow starts. We had our shot, played well with a banged up team, but this is their year. We've had plenty of shots this decade and will have plenty more in the very near future. Down year or not the shorthorns are making a run and we had our shot to end it. Tip your cap and move on. Plenty to be proud of and this year will be chalked up as the year that might have been, injuries are a part of this great game.

ouwapiti
11/7/2009, 04:05 PM
no way texas wins the mnc...huh uh, not happening