PDA

View Full Version : The Nebraska Cornhuskers

SoonerObsession
11/7/2009, 11:40 AM
I know Nebraska has been through some rough times, but my heart still skips a beat when I see them run out on the field. They were such a powerhouse for so long, that my stomach still gets a little queasy when I see that Nebraska "N" on the side of those helmets. So many great Nebraska teams that brought me to tears when I was a boy. I'm glad these two great programs have stuck with the traditional uniforms (with a few minor adjustments). There's just something about playing Nebraska (good or bad) that really gets me pumped. I've only known one Nebraska fan, personally, that acted like a total jerk. I've only known one Nebraska coach, that was classless. I hope their great program can make it back to the top, just not the very top. ;) I look forward to the big game tonight! Good luck Huskers, may you win the rest of your games after today.

HuskerPower
11/7/2009, 03:37 PM
Well said! I feel the same about the Sooners.

Petro-Sooner
11/7/2009, 03:38 PM
When was the term black shirt defense coined?

royalfan5
11/7/2009, 03:42 PM
When was the term black shirt defense coined?

StoopTroup
11/7/2009, 03:42 PM
They give me gas. My heart is usually beating normally to a winning beat.

TahoeSOONER
11/7/2009, 04:04 PM
Nebraska is the true rival. OU fans typically respect Nebraska as much as they hate Texas, which is a ton.

mightysooner
11/7/2009, 04:06 PM
Nebraska should be the beast from the North. They should own the North division. I don't get why they can't stand up.

bringit
11/7/2009, 04:14 PM
I only see a team similar to the Blake teams. They're miles away from their glory days and not sure they will ever return to a power. It takes players, along with a decent coach (like Pelini). Kids growing up today don't remember the old Nebraska other than it's somewhere in the middle of the USA.

En_Fuego
11/7/2009, 07:14 PM
1994 Nebraska Cornhuskers = One of the Greatest Teams In College History.

Sooner04
11/7/2009, 07:23 PM
The '95 team was better.

SoonerObsession
11/7/2009, 07:24 PM
They totally destroyed everyone that year, including a very good Florida team in the NC game.

mightysooner
11/7/2009, 07:25 PM
The '95 team was better.

Better by far. The most dominant college football team across the board in NCAA history IMO. Those were some nasty Skers...

Sooner04
11/7/2009, 07:25 PM
'94 - The Bugeaters defeated Florida State in the Orange Bowl.
'95 - The Bugeaters mauled Florida in the Fiesta Bowl.

The '95 team was the best college football team I've ever seen. Just destroyed every team they played. 2001 Miami was REALLY good, but that '95 Nebraska team........DAMN!

royalfan5
11/7/2009, 07:30 PM
'94 - The Bugeaters defeated Florida State in the Orange Bowl.
'95 - The Bugeaters mauled Florida in the Fiesta Bowl.

The '95 team was the best college football team I've ever seen. Just destroyed every team they played. 2001 Miami was REALLY good, but that '95 Nebraska team........DAMN!
We beat Miami in 94 in the Orange Bowl on fullback traps with Cory Schlesiger. We lost to FSU by 2 in 1993 after missing the game winning FG with time running out.

Sooner04
11/7/2009, 07:35 PM
We beat Miami in 94 in the Orange Bowl on fullback traps with Cory Schlesiger. We lost to FSU by 2 in 1993 after missing the game winning FG with time running out.
You are correct. Total brain fart by yours truly.

Warren Sapp was on that Miami team, which made those traps particularly sweet.

StoopTroup
11/7/2009, 08:09 PM
Do Huskers wear horseshoes?

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/8/2009, 10:17 AM
Howdy folks,

Wanted to stop in real quick and say great game! (I would've started a new thread but being a newb, it wouldn't allow me) I really enjoyed watching the game last night and even if we would have lost, it still was a great game. I didn't give our boys much hope simply because our offense is so anemic right now and OU's offense can produce points but I thought-and hoped-our defense would keep us in the game. Just didn't think they would win it for us :rolleyes:

At any rate, good luck to you guys in the rest of your season. OU is not a bad team. You guys were racked with injuries (Gresham, Bradford..) that has hurt your season this year but Landry Jones will be a great QB for you guys. And Broyles will be another great receiver from OU.

I know there are a ton of NU fans who would like nothing more than for this rivalry to renew. We're keepin our fingers crossed that the Big 12 pulls its collective cranial matter holding device out of his fecal disposal and realizes the Big 12 needs this rivalry.

Again, great game! Can't wait for our next match-up :)