PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sooners

HuskerPower
11/7/2009, 09:50 AM
Ah, my favorite day of the season, for every other 2 years anyway. When NU/OU meet on the field, all feels right in the world again. It doesn't matter if its the Sooners of the 90's, or the Huskers of the 00's, it carries the same hype to me as a #1 vs #2 game... Like old friends playing chess, one may get beat badly, but at the end of the day you'll have that mutual respect based on all your history together of the close ones.

I just have that warm fuzzy feeling today. I can't wait to kick back with some brew and relive day after thanksgivings past. It should be a good one, safe to say much closer than last year. ; )

Good luck Sooners. Go Huskers!

1890MilesToNorman
11/7/2009, 09:58 AM
I do miss those Thanksgiving games, i grew up thinking turkey couldn't be served without OU/Nebraska sauce. :D

beer4me
11/7/2009, 10:04 AM
Ah, my favorite day of the season, for every other 2 years anyway. When NU/OU meet on the field, all feels right in the world again. It doesn't matter if its the Sooners of the 90's, or the Huskers of the 00's, it carries the same hype to me as a #1 vs #2 game... Like old friends playing chess, one may get beat badly, but at the end of the day you'll have that mutual respect based on all your history together of the close ones.

I just have that warm fuzzy feeling today. I can't wait to kick back with some brew and relive day after thanksgivings past. It should be a good one, safe to say much closer than last year. ; )

Good luck Sooners. Go Huskers!

With you HP but you had me at "I can't wait to kick back with some brew" :D

olevetonahill
11/7/2009, 10:05 AM
Yup
This game should be viewed Munchin Turkey sammichs :cool:

westcoast_sooner
11/7/2009, 10:09 AM
HP - Thanks for the kind words. It was always one of my favorite things on Thanksgiving weekend to watch OU/Nebraska. Doesn't quite have the same feel as it did back then, but it's always good to see the two great teams square off.

Tonight should be a lot of fun.

MeMyself&Me
11/7/2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I can't even watch Nebraska/Colorado games on that Friday... makes me sick at what someone decided to through away.

And for me, it doesn't feel like OU/Nebraska to me because there's no Thanksgiving leftovers in the fridge. :(

It's not so much the 1 vs 2 that's missing but the fact that it's at the wrong time of year.

But I will agree that there's a lot of respect in this rivalry and not so much hatred, Callahan aside. Can't think of another rivalry quite like that.

SWFloridaSooner
11/7/2009, 10:10 AM
It is the way football should be played! Good luck Huskers and pass the brew!

westbrooke
11/7/2009, 10:25 AM
There's a Clay Horning column in the Transcript (http://www.normantranscript.com/sports/local_story_311063505.html) this morning about what's been lost in this rivarly. He completely misses the point. This conversation is why this rivalrly matters.

huskermark07
11/7/2009, 10:39 AM
I am getting ready to head to the game, I might have to pack a turkey sandwich to eat on the way.

I hope all the Sooner fans had a good trip up to Lincoln, see you all at the game.:)

Go Big Red!!!!!!

Partial Qualifier
11/7/2009, 11:39 AM
He completely misses the point. This conversation is why this rivalrly matters.

Enduring, mutual respect and an incredible collection of classic football games. It doesn't get any better than that!

AlbqSooner
11/7/2009, 11:53 AM
Once again, on a cool crisp November day, OU and Nebraska face off on the gridiron with a bowl game at stake. The winner today is bowl eligible.

HuskerPower
11/8/2009, 03:58 AM
As I thought, a close game in a battle of great defenses and struggling QB's. Definitely not a game that will go into the greatest NU-OU games vault...

Good luck Sooners, see you in 2 years.

huskermark07
11/8/2009, 04:12 AM
I met some great OU fans at the game tonight, I hope they have a safe trip home and as HP said I can't wait to see you all in 2 years, or with some luck, next year in the Big12 Championship Game:)

Good luck with the rest of your season!!!!