PDA

View Full Version : For the record...

Okla-homey
11/6/2009, 09:53 PM
if your company decides to switch to a different server that functions on an entirely different operating system, for the love of all that's holy, pray they do so over a weekend and not on a flippin' Wednesday. Trust me, such a stunt succs like the succitude of the world's most sucky suckage.

Done so because the company IT geek had some "important family gathering" he had to attend this Saturday.

That is all.

Soonerus
11/6/2009, 09:54 PM
should be done after hours or on a weekend...

47straight
11/7/2009, 03:23 PM
Most low-rent companies have much finer IT systems and processes than the best law firms.

To say nothing of state supreme courts still using Word F'in Perfect.

SanJoaquinSooner
11/7/2009, 03:37 PM
geeks are people too.

http://www.google.com/logos/oscar-hp.gif

Okla-homey
11/7/2009, 03:41 PM
Most low-rent companies have much finer IT systems and processes than the best law firms.

To say nothing of state supreme courts still using Word F'in Perfect.

word. (no pun intended)

And we get to experience the switch to MSOutlook for email from a clunky, blessedly finally unsupportable legacy email system later this month. The funny thing about WordPerfect is, IMHO, it's the legal secretary "union" that keeps it alive. I can't tell you how many times I've heard them quake with rage at the mention of switching from WordPerfect, which they grew-up with and with which they are comfortable, to MSWord. :eek:

yermom
11/7/2009, 03:48 PM
they couldn't have just waited another week?