PDA

View Full Version : Bday Party in Norman

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/6/2009, 09:43 AM
I'm hosting a birthday party for some friends in a few weeks. Where would you recommend we go in Norman? It's been forever since I have gone out in Norman on a non gameday.

Is that Justin's place on Campus Corner any good?

Collier11
11/6/2009, 09:46 AM
Justins, eh...its not bad, not that great of an atmosphere when I went. The area upstairs with the tables is pretty crammed but the beer is relatively cheap. Depends on what mood you are going for, if you are wanting exciting and lively I would go somewhere else, if you are wanting to just shoot the shiz with your friends and drink some beer its not bad

Collier11
11/6/2009, 09:46 AM
The last time I went was about 6 months ago so it may be different now though?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/6/2009, 09:49 AM
Other recommendations, Collier?

Boomer.....
11/6/2009, 09:51 AM
What's the age of the crowd? Are you wanting more of a sit-down and talk atmosphere or standing and moving around scene? Loud or quiet?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/6/2009, 09:52 AM
What's the age of the crowd? Are you wanting more of a sit-down and talk atmosphere or standing and moving around scene? Loud or quiet?
mid 30s. I'm thinking combination of both. The Vista used to be perfect. RIP Vista

Collier11
11/6/2009, 09:55 AM
Man I dont know, what night are you going? Campus is kind of weird, youve got

747 which is all the dooshy frat kids, most people there dress a little nicer but nothing fancy or anything

There is Logans which is like the typical college bar, loud music, lots of people, usually a good time but there are the too drunk to understand what they are saying but they still want to fight someone people there from time to time, lol

Oconns on campus is usually 1/2 dead but has about the same atmosphere as the old Oconns

There is Joes place which is just a place to go drink beer and hang out, nothing exciting

Louies isnt bad, it is usually a little older of a crowd than the other campus bars

The Deli if you want to smell like cigarette smoke, listen to good live music, drink cheap beer, and laugh at dirty hippies

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/6/2009, 10:02 AM
It'll be a Friday night. The only problem I have with Louie's is after a certain time they close the regular part and make you go over to Louie's smoking section. At least that's the way the southside one does it.

Collier11
11/6/2009, 10:04 AM
No I think they are both open all night on campus, you might want to start the night at Logans and end the night at Justins and Louies, that way you get the loud music college crowd and then you can hit up the more relaxed atmosphere, just a suggestion?

StoopTroup
11/6/2009, 10:40 AM
Wear something Sexy SBSB. :D

Soonerus
11/6/2009, 10:52 AM
Benevinuiti's

Boomer.....
11/6/2009, 11:00 AM
You could start at a more low-key place and then go somewhere louder and more fun once the drinks start flowing. Maybe check out reserving the Blue Room at the Mont or the Vault at 747 to start. Those are both seating areas where you can have some drinks and talk then move to something like Logan's later.

Collier11
11/6/2009, 11:00 AM
Rus, really? I dont think they want to hang out all night at an Italian restaraunt, overpriced at that

Soonerus
11/6/2009, 11:30 AM
Rus, really? I dont think they want to hang out all night at an Italian restaraunt, overpriced at that

They have a nice bar area and a great party room...I do not think they are overpriced anymore than any place...

Collier11
11/6/2009, 11:47 AM
Two people cannot eat there without spending $70-80, to me that is overpriced, maybe im just not as much of a high roller as you Rus :D

Soonerus
11/6/2009, 11:59 AM
Two people cannot eat there without spending $70-80, to me that is overpriced, maybe im just not as much of a high roller as you Rus :D

You can eat there for much less than that, unless you run up the tab drinking...

Taxman71
11/6/2009, 12:09 PM
There is also Louie's in Brookhaven if you want out of the college crowd. Blu is nice (no college kids) albeit a little intentionally-eccentric. If the weather is nice, The Mont is always a good idea, at least for predinner drinks. In The Raw is also new to campus corner.

Might also check out who is playing Riverwind that night, their concert venue is great.

Boomer.....
11/6/2009, 12:30 PM

The only time I've been there was for a party and we sat out on the patio. They actually had pretty good drink specials. I was surprised.

Soonrboy
11/6/2009, 12:42 PM
We go to BJ's quite a bit. Good food, good beer, nice atmosphere

Collier11
11/6/2009, 12:43 PM
BJs is a cool place, not on campus be you could spend an evening there and have a lot of fun

Boomer.....
11/6/2009, 12:55 PM
Sooner Legends is actually a fun place to hang out. The bar is a little smokey but they have karaoke Friday and Saturday nights which is always fun and an ice breaker.

okiewaker
11/6/2009, 12:59 PM
BJ's is good. I wonder if the new Cha Cha's is open yet. It is in Brookhaven plaza where the Champs used to be. I think it is a sports bar type place.

Boomer.....
11/6/2009, 03:11 PM
It's not open yet.

Still can't believe they closed down Champions.