PDA

View Full Version : So Fox say's ~ We Are Number 4 in Disapointments

Blues1
11/6/2009, 09:15 AM
Link (Hope it Works...?)

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory?contentId=10313322#sport=COLLEGE FOOTBALL&photo=10313630

Jello Biafra
11/6/2009, 09:34 AM
i would like to think that even those dumbassses know the difference between being bradford-esque and being bradfor are two different things... two of the three losses we have this year are with sam as the starter.

hell, i dont have to tell you guys, im just venting. the common sense of some of the "sports journalists" blows my mind sometimes.

StoopTroup
11/6/2009, 09:45 AM
Fox is #1 on my most disappointing News Networks.

MeMyself&Me
11/6/2009, 09:46 AM
I totally agree with the point that this is a disappointing season... actually the most disappointing given the expectations. However, their suggestion that OU's losses had nothing to do with injuries is pretty dumb... that IS the disappointment.

TUSooner
11/6/2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah, it's a bit harsh; I'd rank us at 9 or 10. But it's just entertainment!

yermom
11/6/2009, 10:01 AM
OU is #1 on my disappointment list...

i can laugh at the rest of them

the reality is that the O-Line and the WRs were a question coming in, and for good reason, apparently. a Heisman winning QB and all-world TE were supposed to help...

OUDoc
11/6/2009, 10:02 AM
Yes, but I'm sure Andre Ware is proud of us. ;)

yermom
11/6/2009, 10:04 AM
i'd be more worried if we weren't making lists like this in a season like this :D

westbrooke
11/6/2009, 10:08 AM
Who is describing Jones as "Bradford-esque"? Did they just use some random quote as justification for equating a RS Freshman QB with a Heisman trophy winner? As well as Landry is playing, and as proud as we all are of him, I think we're all in agreement that an injury-free OU team is carrying, at most, one loss right now with a strong chance of being undefeated. We might have still looked flawed in some areas, but that would mean exactly zero difference from the other teams at the top of the pile.

StoopTroup
11/6/2009, 10:29 AM
I'd say Sam and Jermaine probably are the most disappointed guys. I am proud of their attempt to come back this year...put it all on the line for us Fans and the University. It didn't workout for any of us. I refuse to be disappointed...I remain optimistic for Sam and Jermaine and our Team.

I hope not only does Sam and Jermaine make it to the NFL and are able to compete at the highest levels...I also hope that the rest of our Team continues to keep the bar high and that they all remain healthy and that the guys with an opportunity to move into the NFL with Sam, Jermaine and McCoy....get the opportunity they deserve based on not only their obvious talents...but also because they play for one of the Greatest Coaches and the Greatest Team in the NCAA.

Fox can kiss my ***.

yermom
11/6/2009, 10:34 AM
i will say the defense has stepped up

we've given up 17 on average in our losses, and some of those points were from offensive turnovers

sooneron
11/6/2009, 11:45 AM
FOX succs . end of story. They offer nothing in the way of real info. I think the only person within that network, that knows what he is talking about is Tim McCarver.

MyT Oklahoma
11/6/2009, 02:11 PM
I'd say Sam and Jermaine probably are the most disappointed guys. I am proud of their attempt to come back this year...put it all on the line for us Fans and the University. It didn't workout for any of us. I refuse to be disappointed...I remain optimistic for Sam and Jermaine and our Team.

I hope not only does Sam and Jermaine make it to the NFL and are able to compete at the highest levels...I also hope that the rest of our Team continues to keep the bar high and that they all remain healthy and that the guys with an opportunity to move into the NFL with Sam, Jermaine and McCoy....get the opportunity they deserve based on not only their obvious talents...but also because they play for one of the Greatest Coaches and the Greatest Team in the NCAA.

Fox can kiss my ***.

Seconded.. duly seconded.

stoopified
11/6/2009, 02:34 PM
Yes, but I'm sure Andre Ware is proud of us. ;)Andre would look like the world's biggest iidiot if Bradford and Gresham had stayed healthy.

Petro-Sooner
11/6/2009, 02:40 PM
Waahooooo! #4!!!!!

JLEW1818
11/6/2009, 02:41 PM
like i said in another thread, sports analyst say this stuff all the time, and when it happens they seem smart. when they are wrong, nobody even remembers it.

I'm sure somebody predicted Florida would lose 3 games this year

JLEW1818
11/6/2009, 02:42 PM
and how the **** is Ole Miss not number 1?

Okie35
11/6/2009, 04:16 PM
I honestly think we're 1 too and its(pending).. because of the injuries. We were expected to go back to the MNC game. If we at least win out then I'd say we don't even belong on the list. Especially if we somehow got to a BCS game.

Salt City Sooner
11/6/2009, 05:18 PM
Andre would look like the world's biggest iidiot if Bradford and Gresham had stayed healthy.It's still possible. He's on record as picking OSU to win bedlam.

Scott D
11/6/2009, 06:28 PM
FOX succs . end of story. They offer nothing in the way of real info. I think the only person within that network, that knows what he is talking about is Tim McCarver.

I'm really going to pretend you didn't just say that.

85Sooner
11/6/2009, 08:12 PM
3 losses- 5 pts We should be undefeated.

Leroy Lizard
11/7/2009, 12:11 AM
I would put us lower since all three losses were close and to good teams. Georgia and Ole Miss have to be there. I don't think USC deserves the #1 spot, even though I hate them.

Indy Sooner
11/7/2009, 09:03 PM
i will say the defense has stepped up

we've given up 17 on average in our losses, and some of those points were from offensive turnovers

They have stepped it up this year...unfortunately we needed this group over the past six years or so when OU's perennial #1 ranked preseason defensive units wound up getting exposed as each season progressed...

JLEW1818
11/8/2009, 12:38 AM
the whorns opponents record is like 44-41, give or take a couple.. me drunk

Mile High Sooner
11/8/2009, 01:28 AM
"and other key players to injury"
wonder where one would place the Gresham loss...
Losing one of our O stars was a big hit, but both B & G has been a real death blow for this season.