PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Dean Country Sausage Biscuits

StoopTroup
11/6/2009, 07:06 AM
Snack size. I like to have a couple of these when I'm on the run in the morning. They go great with a cup of coffee. Anyway I take two small ones and wrap them up in a towel and nuke them for a minute. I then take them out of the Microwave and quarter a slice of cheese and put two quartered slices on each side of each biscuit. The heated sausage and biscuit quickly melts the cheese and makes those little babies ready to munch down.

Thing is...my Golden Retriever springs to life and will hunt down the paper towel I cooked them in. If I hide the towel he comes in and looks around and then comes and drools on my arm just to let me know he doesn't appreciate me hiding the towel. Then once he realises he's not going to get any...he slithers off to go back to resting in his own dog world.

Even though he does this every time and never gives up even though I shut him down from both the delicious goodness that is the Sausage Biscuits and the Towel...Do any of you think I should surprise him with a sausage biscuit now and again? Maybe once a week? :D

What say the Oval?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c333/stooptroup/DSC03643.jpg

StoopTroup
11/6/2009, 08:20 AM
My Dog is waiting for you people to answer.

Partial Qualifier
11/6/2009, 09:23 AM
I'm more interested in remembering to pick up some Jimmy Dean Country Sausage Biscuits next time I visit the store. :D

Partial Qualifier
11/6/2009, 09:27 AM
but yeah, that. Hook up your pooch! :D

StoopTroup
11/6/2009, 09:41 AM
I think I might in the morning. It's to late in the day now...he's already had his coffee.

MamaMia
11/6/2009, 11:19 AM
I would check the label for onion and garlic products. Dogs are not suppose to have onions or garlic. It causes gastric problems. Thats includes salt and powder seasonings made from garlic and onions as well.

You could always bake a chicken breast and just touch it to the sausage. The scent would be transferred and it would be much healthier to give that to your dog.

StoopTroup
11/6/2009, 11:39 AM
I could just cook up some sausage and pour the grease onto his food too right?

MamaMia
11/6/2009, 11:50 AM
I could just cook up some sausage and pour the grease onto his food too right?
"pour?"...I wouldn't. :eek:

Grease is a bad thing for dogs, especially if the grease is derived from garlic and onion spiced products.

JohnnyMack
11/6/2009, 12:05 PM
Give the dog a biscuit you cheap bastard.

StoopTroup
11/6/2009, 12:08 PM
"pour?"...I wouldn't. :eek:

Grease is a bad thing for dogs, especially if the grease is derived from garlic and onion spiced products.

Maybe just a 1/2 teaspoon? I mean...he's jonezen for it.

I think he's plotting against me.

kbsooner21
11/6/2009, 12:22 PM
I'd give him one before you wind up with teeth marks on your backside :eek: :D

StoopTroup
11/6/2009, 12:23 PM
I'd give him one before you wind up with teeth marks on your backside :eek: :D

It's been going on awhile. I think he's starting to use the sympathetic look and that's what's getting me. :D

C&CDean
11/6/2009, 12:37 PM
1. My wife cooks my breakfast, and it doesn't say "Jimmy Dean" anywhere on the plate.

2. Give the ****ing dog a bone or something.

3. If garlic and onions hurt dogs, our dogs are hurting units. They eat everything we eat. This includes spaghetti, chili, messican food, etc. If there's just a scoop or so of leftovers, momma always spoons it into their food bowls. My only beef about it is that she spoons it right on top of their regular dog food. It semi force-feeds them. That's why the two older dogs are now called "doublewides." They're fatter than hell.