PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warrior Project

NorCaligator
11/5/2009, 08:01 PM
On November 14, in honor of our troops, the University of South Carolina Gamecocks and University of Maryland Terrapins will wear specially designed head-to-toe uniforms for their Game Day match-ups versus the University of Florida Gators and Virginia Tech Hokies respectively. The teams will take the field in black and desert camouflage uniforms featuring the Wounded Warrior Project logo. The uniforms will also have a unique twist; a core value embellishment - Duty, Honor, Courage, Commitment, Integrity, Country, and Service - will replace the players’ last name on the back of each jersey. Both games will be nationally televised.

https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/content/view/1014/921/

StoopTroup
11/5/2009, 08:12 PM
One of the best Documentaries I have ever seen.

-fcOC21OozM&feature=PlayList&p=6B4E60311DDDF048&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=5

Rogue
11/5/2009, 08:20 PM
I can already tell this is gonna be a 5-star thread.
6 more days 'til Veteran's Day!

JLEW1818
11/5/2009, 08:23 PM
sounds good to me!

Tailwind
11/5/2009, 09:08 PM
Cool idea.

oksoonerdave
11/5/2009, 11:57 PM
One hell of a great idea.

SGT Park3R
11/6/2009, 01:45 AM
Love the idea. It means alot to them I'm sure. Gives me goosebumps knowing I've had buds wounded and killed.

NorCaligator
11/6/2009, 01:57 AM
Love the idea. It means alot to them I'm sure. Gives me goosebumps knowing I've had buds wounded and killed.

Thanks for serving, and take care.

olevetonahill
11/6/2009, 05:35 AM
On November 14, in honor of our troops, the University of South Carolina Gamecocks and University of Maryland Terrapins will wear specially designed head-to-toe uniforms for their Game Day match-ups versus the University of Florida Gators and Virginia Tech Hokies respectively. The teams will take the field in black and desert camouflage uniforms featuring the Wounded Warrior Project logo. The uniforms will also have a unique twist; a core value embellishment - Duty, Honor, Courage, Commitment, Integrity, Country, and Service - will replace the players’ last name on the back of each jersey. Both games will be nationally televised.

https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/content/view/1014/921/

I can hear it now: "Spikes destroyed Integrity on that play."

Ya Know what ?

I thot ya was doing great till ya brot that shat up
So **** you gator :rolleyes:

NorCaligator
11/6/2009, 11:42 AM
Ya Know what ?

I thot ya was doing great till ya brot that shat up
So **** you gator :rolleyes:

Given the source and the subject, fixed it.

Sooner in Tampa
11/6/2009, 11:54 AM
This is incredibly cool!!!

SEMPER FI

Jello Biafra
11/6/2009, 12:05 PM
i need one of those jerseys...and i will wear it

thanks gator. maybe you arent such a slobknobber

Sooner in Tampa
11/6/2009, 12:15 PM
i need one of those jerseys...and i will wear it

HEH...I agree...I have never had a Cack jersey :P

westbrooke
11/6/2009, 12:28 PM
I support the United States military 100%, however, it is way past time to say to hell with political correctness and flush each and every Muslim out of our military. How many more members of our military must be slaughtered like what happened before at Fort Hood, Texas before this country wakes up to the threat of Islam.

^This doesn't belong in this thread. We're talking about a nice gesture for our soldiers within the confines of college football, and this is way off subject. South Oval.

The Wounded Warrior Project sounds like a great idea and a great tribute. I'm going to have to tune in to see how it works out. I didn't really get it from the article... how did South Carolina and Maryland get involved? Are they Under Armour schools? I'm surprised they didn't get involved with the service academies or the teams playing the service academies. Or maybe they did but endorsement deals prevented participation?

C&CDean
11/6/2009, 03:32 PM
Noted.. duly noted. Now just tell that to the families of the 13 soldiers who were slaughtered.

There's a thread on the South Oval to discuss the Ft. Hood killings. This is a thread about some football teams supporting the military. If you feel the need to rant about muslims, do it on the South Oval. I am deleting your two posts here.

OU-HSV
11/6/2009, 03:37 PM
This sounds awesome to me. Good idea. Thanks for the post

NorCaligator
11/6/2009, 03:48 PM
Wounded Warrior Project and Under Armour will create special products for fans to wear on game day to show their support. The gear will be sold in college book stores, local military base exchanges, and online at www.underarmour.com. A percentage of the fan gear proceeds will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. Additionally, a select number of game jerseys will be auctioned off after the game on the University websites and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens/apparel/performance-collections/wounded-warrior

Not sure how they selected the schools that they did for this.

Jello Biafra
11/6/2009, 04:02 PM
Wounded Warrior Project and Under Armour will create special products for fans to wear on game day to show their support. The gear will be sold in college book stores, local military base exchanges, and online at www.underarmour.com. A percentage of the fan gear proceeds will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. Additionally, a select number of game jerseys will be auctioned off after the game on the University websites and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Project.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens/apparel/performance-collections/wounded-warrior

Not sure how they selected the schools that they did for this.

probably because both teams are affiliated with Under Armor and corporate HQ is in maryland as well as the fact that both teams are probably the home team. after the last couple of days, i would not be suprised to see TT come up with something for that game too. scratch that. they are playing the catoonishly large head at stoolwater.