PDA

View Full Version : Did Ft. Hood just get attacked???

Pages : 1 [2]

okiewaker
11/6/2009, 07:20 PM
well ok. eye witness can be shady and memory accounts are even less reliable the further time goes on.

but so far, what would lead us to believe that this Muslim --someone who is known to have posted radical, anti-American views on the internet and is reported to have shouted Islamist slogans before opening fire -- would lead you to believe that this wasn't motivated by his Islamic religious views? why such a rush to defend his motivations and attack others?

and will you condemn him and call it what it is if all these accounts and reports are verified? I'm curious.

b/c it's quite a leap from saying what you've said up to this point....and then making this statement:

and there it is in all its glory...even when the motivations are his religious beliefs....it's really not his fault. it's ours -- at least by proxy. he was ridiculed. he was teased and mocked. nevermind the radical islamist sentiments. he was teased after all. move along.

it takes a lot to produce something that pathetic....

but...there it is.

I gave my opinion. If you don't like, then screw you. It is still inconclusive as to the motivation. If it turns out different from my opinion, then I will gladly change. At this point, however, I reserve my right to give what i think. If it does not conform to yours, so what!!!

Octavian
11/6/2009, 07:21 PM
I gave my opinion. If you don't like, then screw you. It is still inconclusive as to the motivation. If it turns out different from my opinion, then I will gladly change. At this point, however, I reserve my right to give what i think. If it does not conform to yours, so what!!!

well Allah Akbar to you too

okiewaker
11/6/2009, 07:26 PM
that is, unless my sarcasm meter is broken again -- which I hope it is

in which case, my preemptive apologies

Preemptive would be the word.

I Am Right
11/6/2009, 07:29 PM
way to miss the point

listen to sig

I Am Right
11/6/2009, 07:30 PM
Strange, I read that McVeigh was heavily influenced by his "Christian" beliefs and referred to himself as a "soldier of God."

btw...just 'cause that sick evil murdering doosh "said" he was Christian, doesn't make him Christian in my eyes or anyone else's. FWIW

Enjoy

I Am Right
11/6/2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks. :)

Now I think the point that Collier11 and the rest are making is that even though those evil, murdering, scumbag, soon-to-be-rotting-in-Hell dooshbag Muslims consider themselves "Muslims" and refer to themselves as "soldiers of God," that doesn't mean that they are REAL Muslims.

So you can't condemn an entire religion, be it Christianity or Islam or Judaism, based on the actions of some extreme *******s who've misinterpreted the messages that their great prophets gave them.

(and I think I've done better posts than that one, by the way. ;))

Here it comes

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2009, 07:31 PM
well ok. eye witness can be shady and memory accounts are even less reliable the further time goes on.

but so far, what would lead us to believe that this Muslim --someone who is known to have posted radical, anti-American views on the internet and is reported to have shouted Islamist slogans before opening fire -- would lead you to believe that this wasn't motivated by his Islamic religious views? why such a rush to defend his motivations and attack others?

and will you condemn him and call it what it is if all these accounts and reports are verified? I'm curious.

b/c it's quite a leap from saying what you've said up to this point....and then making this statement:

and there it is in all its glory...even when the motivations are his religious beliefs....it's really not his fault. it's ours -- at least by proxy. he was ridiculed. he was teased and mocked. nevermind the radical islamist sentiments. he was teased after all. move along.

it takes a lot to produce something that pathetic....

but...there it is.

Posted by Octavian: someone who is known to have posted radical, anti-American views on the internet

was suspected of being the author of postings which compared suicide bombers to heroic soldiers who throw themselves onto grenades to save others.

Law enforcement sources said that before the shooting no formal investigation had been launched into the internet postings and Hasan had not been confirmed as the author.

Posted by Octavian: why such a rush to defend his motivations and attack others?

I have not attacked anyone over religion or their religion. Did you miss the ethnocentrism post? Go back and read it carefully.

Posted by Octavian: and will you condemn him and call it what it is if all these accounts and reports are verified? I'm curious.

Condemn him as what? A Muslim? No A terrorist? yes.

Posted by Octavian: b/c it's quite a leap from saying what you've said up to this point....and then making this statement:

Not my quote.

Octavian
11/6/2009, 07:45 PM
was suspected of being the author of postings which compared suicide bombers to heroic soldiers who throw themselves onto grenades to save others.

again, what evidence do we have that it's *not* motivated by his religious extremism?

it seems as if you require a video of him kissing the quran while simultaneously slicing throats before you'd dare say anything remotely negative.

what gives?

Law enforcement sources said that before the shooting no formal investigation had been launched into the internet postings and Hasan had not been confirmed as the author.

well nice to know our tax dollars are going to good use

I have not attacked anyone over religion or their religion. Did you miss the ethnocentrism post? Go back and read it carefully.

Yeah I read it. I disagree. There's a moral equivalency that you're pushing (invoking the millenia-old Crusades or an incredibly rare abortion clinic bombing vs. the systemic problem of radicalized, violent Islam in the West) that doesn't match reality.

The problem isn't ethnocentricism or xenophobia or any other five dollar word tossed around in academic circles like co-eds. Ethnocentricism is prevalent in almost every society on Earth -- you can find that in Parisian streets or Aborigine huts. Generic xenophobia or ethnocentricism isn't the problem. The problem is more acute.

Condemn him as what? A Muslim? No A terrorist? yes.

completely agree.

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2009, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Octavian: what gives?

What gives? You mean like facts and details?

I don't throw caution to the wind. If that's how you roll, go right ahead. How many mistakes in our history have led to great consequences by doing so? Tons. Pretty irresponsible way to view and think about things in the world.

Originally Posted by Octavian:well nice to know our tax dollars are going to good use

Not much of a response there.

Originally Posted by Octavian:Yeah I read it. I disagree. There's a moral equivalency that you're pushing (invoking the millenia-old Crusades or an incredibly rare abortion clinic bombing vs. the systemic problem of radicalized, violent Islam in the West) that doesn't match reality.

The problem isn't ethnocentricism or xenophobia or any other five dollar word tossed around in academic circles like co-eds. Ethnocentricism is prevalent in almost every society on Earth -- you can find that in Parisian streets or Aborigine huts. Generic xenophobia or ethnocentricism isn't the problem. The problem is more acute.

I don't have a moral agenda, obviously you don't know me very well. The only equivalency I'm pushing is that this guy does not represent the Muslim population anymore than someone like Eric Randolph representing the Christian population. I'm an equal opportunity finger pointer, but I would never generalize an entire group just for the sake of being moral or right.

So what your saying that is that ethnocentrism is acceptable and should be practiced? You're completely blind by either rage, fear, or some other motive linked to this incident or another. The problem is closed mindedness and Extremism, nothing more, nothing less.

Fraggle145
11/6/2009, 08:12 PM
The majority of this thread makes me sick.

C&CDean
11/6/2009, 08:15 PM
This thread has turned into complete bull****.

John, you're better than this. Seriously. I guess a muslim needs to break into your home, screw the old lady in the pooper, then cut your dog's throat with a butter knife before you'll see anything but the extreme (to the nth degree) liberal support and completely blind faith in the average muslim out there. Of course you're completely willing to crucify any person who claims to be a "christian" (WTF is that anyhow?), but you'll go to bat and even do extreme stupid **** to support a person who kills in the name of Allah. WTF dude? Seriously, WTF? Has Overland Park turned into Berkely, 1971??

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 08:18 PM
This is a bull**** excuse. **** him.

I also have a difficult time believing that a physician and Major in the U. S. Army would be subject to that much personal ridicule. If he was Corporal Muslim Dooshbag, then yeah, I could see that, but he wasn't.I agree whole heartedly with this.

I don't care how many mean ol' nasty names you're called, it doesn't justify you whipping out your gun and laying down fire on people.

I hope the guy survives his injuries, isn't executed, and lives a long life paralyzed and peeing through a catheter.

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2009, 08:24 PM
This thread has turned into complete bull****.

John, you're better than this. Seriously. I guess a muslim needs to break into your home, screw the old lady in the pooper, then cut your dog's throat with a butter knife before you'll see anything but the extreme (to the nth degree) liberal support and completely blind faith in the average muslim out there. Of course you're completely willing to crucify any person who claims to be a "christian" (WTF is that anyhow?), but you'll go to bat and even do extreme stupid **** to support a person who kills in the name of Allah. WTF dude? Seriously, WTF? Has Overland Park turned into Berkely, 1971??

Dean, your "good 'ole boy" gene is kicking again, you're far better than that.

And Dean you're boardering on racist remarks above, or not far from it. Where have I crucified one Christian in this thread? Where? Does it really burn your *ss so much that not all Muslims/religions are bad people?

Jesus Christ, get a grip.

Oh, and another thing, I'm not a Liberal or Democrat. I'm a registered Independent, and I would be more than happy to elect a Republican if he or she could convince me to do so.

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 08:24 PM
listen to sig
Enjoy
Here it comesWow.

I've got like...three posts in this entire thread, all three of which are pretty middle of the road and certainly not inflammatory by my usual standards...and you pounce on those three with nonsensical quotes.

Looks like I've got another lovesick stalker obsessed with me. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
11/6/2009, 08:25 PM
Only if the catheter has big ol' pointy knives, and they rip the ****ing thing out every morning at 0600 and then stick it back in an hour later. For. Ever.

okiewaker
11/6/2009, 08:26 PM
Your a bunch of dooshes if you think that a man/women can't be driven to extrme measures by years of being in the middle of the circle. Complete ignorance.

C&CDean
11/6/2009, 08:32 PM
Dean, you're "good 'ole boy" gene is kicking again, you're far better than that.

And Dean you're boardering on racist remarks above, or not far from it. Where have I crucified one Christian in this thread? Where? Does it really burn your *ss so much that not all Muslims/religions are bad people?

Jesus Christ, get a grip.

Oh, and another thing, I'm not a Liberal or Democrat. I'm a registered Independent, and I would be more than happy to elect a Republican if he or she could convince me to do so.

Muslim is not a race, it's a religion. Remember? You know, a religion? The thing that is ****ing up the entire planet? Why are you supporting murdering religious **********s? Not a single "christian" on this board condones any murder, of any kind. And for the record, I'm the least "religious" person on this board.

Put your vote where your mouth is.

C&CDean
11/6/2009, 08:34 PM
Your a bunch of dooshes if you think that a man/women can't be driven to extrme measures by years of being in the middle of the circle. Complete ignorance.

Uh, OK. Middle of the circle huh? I've lived my life being ****ed in the *** by the establishment. Does this make it OK if I go off and kill a few infidels?

JohnnyMack
11/6/2009, 08:35 PM
R u in Baltimore?

JohnnyMack
11/6/2009, 08:37 PM
One thing that's important to remember is that radical Islam (as part of a terrorist organization or the act of an individual) is by its very nature ethnocentrism.

C&CDean
11/6/2009, 08:38 PM
R u in Baltimore?

Nay, in far east Lexington, OK, USA. You?

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2009, 08:40 PM
Muslim is not a race, it's a religion. Remember? You know, a religion? The thing that is ****ing up the entire planet? Why are you supporting murdering religious **********s? Not a single "christian" on this board condones any murder, of any kind. And for the record, I'm the least "religious" person on this board.

Put your vote where your mouth is.

My bad, I should have said possibly bigoted. You're not reading what I've been saying, I do not support or condone terrorist of any religion, and I certainly don't condone this clown, however if you read my posts correctly, you'll see that I don't condone ethnocentrism or stereotyping or whatever you or anyone else wants to call it. Seriously, dude, you must be really pissed at this incident because what I'm telling you shouldn't be hard to understand. Capice?

okiewaker
11/6/2009, 08:43 PM
Uh, OK. Middle of the circle huh? I've lived my life being ****ed in the *** by the establishment. Does this make it OK if I go off and kill a few infidels?

Not saying he has a good reason why he did it. Or, it's okay. Simply think it was not religion motivated. If i'm wrong, well then, I will admit it.

unbiasedtruth
11/6/2009, 08:45 PM
lyrics from hank jr. on this one....

I wish I could spit some beechnut in that dude's eyes
and shoot him with my ol' .45

Octavian
11/6/2009, 08:48 PM
What gives? You mean like facts and details?

I don't throw caution to the wind. If that's how you roll, go right ahead. How many mistakes in our history have led to great consequences by doing so? Tons. Pretty irresponsible way to view and think about things in the world.

no, you have been given facts and details...ample evidence. you're choosing to ignore or reject what's been placed in front of you

Not much of a response there.

nothing more was needed. all you said that it hadn't been confirmed. you have a mountain of evidence but you want more. but nothing will be enough. what exactly more do you need? again...a video?

you're just reiterating a "let's withhold judgment" approach that is equivalent to saying "let's just suspend our logic and reason until this all goes away"

sorry -- not gonna do it

I don't have a moral agenda, obviously you don't know me very well. The only equivalency I'm pushing is that this guy does not represent the Muslim population anymore than someone like Eric Randolph representing the Christian population. I'm an equal opportunity finger pointer, but I would never generalize an entire group just for the sake of being moral or right.

no I don't know you very well...at all actually. But I am familiar with many of your more-than-twelve thousand posts and I can ascertain a few things about your world view....being an equal opportunity finger pointer with no biases never crossed the mind.

So what your saying that is that ethnocentrism is acceptable and should be practiced?

no I'm saying that ethnocentricism isn't the specific problem. that's a common human occurrence across space and time. it's been with humanity forever. everywhere. the problem here and now for us is actually specific....and it isn't generic xenophobia. did you not read that?

You're completely blind by either rage, fear, or some other motive linked to this incident or another.

well that doesn't sound like an equal opportunity finger pointer who just impugned someone else for not "knowing" him.

I could just as easily say you're completely blinded by fear of violating your own PC standards...always willing to bend over backwards for the supposedly innocent and Benign Other. I've read Said too.

Don't play the politics of fear! those naive Changey Hopey slogans don't impress anymore. this is reality

The problem is closed mindedness and Extremism, nothing more, nothing less.

no, it's not...that's too simplistic. we're talking about a specific problem to the United States now. Those are generalized concepts that are easily identified throughout all of human history. This is a specific problem. And it relates to us. Now.

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 08:49 PM
Only if the catheter has big ol' pointy knives, and they rip the ****ing thing out every morning at 0600 and then stick it back in an hour later. For. Ever.I can get on board with that.

Your a bunch of dooshes if you think that a man/women can't be driven to extrme measures by years of being in the middle of the circle. Complete ignorance.And you have a reading comprehension problem if you can't tell the difference between a motive and a justification.

I'm on board with you that that may have been his MOTIVE...but I absolutely will not allow it as a JUSTIFICATION.

NOTHING justifies the mass murder of unsuspecting, innocent people. No matter HOW BADLY their mean old nasty words may have hurt your soft widdle feelers.

JohnnyMack
11/6/2009, 08:51 PM
Nay, in far east Lexington, OK, USA. You?

I'm in Bixby.

Heading to BMore next week. Lemme know if you're going. We can make out.

tommieharris91
11/6/2009, 08:51 PM
IBL

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2009, 08:56 PM
no, you have been given facts and details...ample evidence. you're choosing to ignore or reject what's been placed in front of you

nothing more was needed. all you said that it hadn't been confirmed. you have a mountain of evidence but you want more. but nothing will be enough. what exactly more do you need? again...a video?

you're just reiterating a "let's withhold judgment" approach that is equivalent to saying "let's just suspend our logic and reason until this all goes away"

sorry -- not gonna do it

no I don't know you very well...at all actually. But I am familiar with many of your more-than-twelve thousand posts and I can ascertain a few things about your world view....being an equal opportunity finger pointer with no biases never crossed the mind.

no I'm saying that ethnocentricism isn't the specific problem. that's a common human occurrence across space and time. it's been with humanity forever. everywhere. the problem here and now for us is actually specific....and it isn't generic xenophobia. did you not read that?

well that doesn't sound like an equal opportunity finger pointer who just impugned someone else for not "knowing" him.

I could just as easily say you're completely blinded by fear of violating your own PC standards...always willing to bend over backwards for the supposedly innocent and Benign Other. I've read Said too.

Don't play the politics of fear! those naive Changey Hopey slogans don't impress anymore. this is reality

no, it's not...that's too simplistic. we're talking about a specific problem to the United States now. Those are generalized concepts that are easily identified throughout all of human history. This is a specific problem. And it relates to us. Now.

Not sure how you get fact out of suspected and unconfirmed, but hey that's just me.

No more writing term papers.

Tootles.

Done.

C&CDean
11/6/2009, 08:56 PM
I'm in Bixby.

Heading to BMore next week. Lemme know if you're going. We can make out.

I can only wish I was "IN."

okiewaker
11/6/2009, 08:57 PM
I never hoped to come across as a person who Justifies this act. However, I will be neutral, until further evidence proves what this man's motives were.

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:01 PM
Who ****ing CARES what his "motives" were...really?!

He's a sick ****. He's crazy. He's an *******. He's unhinged. He's imbalanced. He's off his rocker. He's a *********.

It really doesn't matter "why." Not to me, anyway. All that matters is we got the mother****er.

Now let's torture his *** in the middle of town square for about a week so everyone can see what happens to a cowardly little assassin like this.

Soonerus
11/6/2009, 09:02 PM

He's a sick ****. He's crazy. He's an *******. He's unhinged. He's imbalanced. He's off his rocker. He's a *********.

It really doesn't matter "why." Not to me, anyway. All that matters is we got the mother****er.

Now let's torture his *** in the middle of town square for about a week so everyone can see what happens to a cowardly little assassin like this.

Geez, I agree with LAS on something...

MR2-Sooner86
11/6/2009, 09:04 PM

+ 1 X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

JLEW1818
11/6/2009, 09:04 PM

damn me 2!

OUHOMER
11/6/2009, 09:05 PM

You mean waterboarding in town square:eek:

Collier11
11/6/2009, 09:07 PM

LAS had a sane moment and came back to his Okie roots for a second :D

SicEmBaylor
11/6/2009, 09:07 PM
At the end of the day, I don't really care what his motives are. The point is that he's a piece of **** scumbag that deserves to be gang raped in prison every day for the rest of his life.

okiewaker
11/6/2009, 09:09 PM
Ok, I'm in, where is the rope????????????

KC//CRIMSON
11/6/2009, 09:09 PM

OMG! Jesus Christ! Hallelujah! YES!

Pass the Tylenol.

JLEW1818
11/6/2009, 09:10 PM
lol

I've never cussed that much in a post

unless it had to do with horns, or bron bron

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:10 PM
I never lost my Okie roots.

And I'm all for torturing some caught red-handed, guilty as sin mother****er like this for the sake of REVENGE. Sweet, sweet revenge. And the deterrence factor for other cowardly little ***** mother****ers like him out there who also have their feelers hurt by mean ol' name callers.

Now, torture in order to get information...that's a different story. I'm against that. Pierce Brosnan proved it doesn't work in his last Bond flick. :D

Octavian
11/6/2009, 09:11 PM
wait a second. his motives were of paramount importance in this discussion --- until we learned those motives were Islamist-based.

now all the sudden...those motives aren't important at all?

heh.

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:12 PM
lol

I've never cussed that much in a post

unless it had to do with horns, or bron bronI'm marrying a girl from South Jersey in the Philly area.

Let's just say that she's "colorfully influenced my language" at times with some of her "native tongue." :D

JLEW1818
11/6/2009, 09:12 PM
who she a fan of ? (sports wise)

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:14 PM
wait a second. his motives were of paramount importance in this discussion --- until we learned those motives were Islamist-based.

now all the sudden...those motives aren't important at all?

heh.Not to me, they weren't.

His MOTIVES only serve these purposes:

they justify his actions to some
they justify blind rage towards othersBut in the end they really do nothing. He's a crazy, evil, cowardly mother****er and he deserves a long, lingering amount of pain to be inflicted upon him until he feels that God has forsaken him, time has lost all meaning and he can't tell where his nerve fibers end and the bowels of Hell begin.

But that's just me.

I'm a Goldwater Conservative and a Pre-Inquisition Catholic. :D

Collier11
11/6/2009, 09:14 PM
me, she says she loves how I always go deep :eek: :D

JLEW1818
11/6/2009, 09:15 PM
Baptist rule!!

correction

Baptist that drink rule!!!

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:16 PM
who she a fan of ? (sports wise)It PAINS me to say this, but she's an Eagles fan. A die hard, knowledgeable, passionate Eagles fan.

Makes for colorful Sundays, to say the least.

However she HAS made the successful conversion to being a true Sooners fan on Saturdays...so that helps.

Soonerus
11/6/2009, 09:16 PM
Not to me, they weren't.

they justify blind rage towards othersBut in the end they really do nothing. He's a crazy, evil, cowardly mother****er and he deserves a long, lingering amount of pain to be inflicted upon him until he feels that God has forsaken him, time has lost all meaning and he can't tell where his nerve fibers end and the bowels of Hell begin.

But that's just me.

sounds cruel and unusual...

Octavian
11/6/2009, 09:17 PM
Not to me, they weren't.

But that's just me.

Well, ok. I can respect that. :O

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:17 PM
me, she says she loves how I always go deep :eek: :DYep. Because only guys who are willing to go deep, like you are, can smuggle such long, thick things into prison for her.

Oh wait...you didn't mean how you go deep...in that way...did you...?

:D

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:19 PM
sounds cruel and unusual...I've never said I was against cruel and unusual punishment. Not once.

In fact, I'm willing to go on record now saying that I feel that all convicted serial rapists should have castration available as a punishment if the juries so decide.

JLEW1818
11/6/2009, 09:20 PM
LAS suddenly got more cool!!!!!

Collier11
11/6/2009, 09:20 PM
I think serial rapists or child rapists should get the death penalty

Collier11
11/6/2009, 09:21 PM
LAS suddenly got more cool!!!!!

He must be drunk ;)

JLEW1818
11/6/2009, 09:22 PM
He must be drunk ;)

or high... dunno what them LA people smokes! :D :D

Soonerus
11/6/2009, 09:23 PM
I've never said I was against cruel and unusual punishment. Not once.

In fact, I'm willing to go on record now saying that I feel that all convicted serial rapists should have castration available as a punishment if the juries so decide.

"Our" constitution might be an impediment...

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:23 PM
LAS suddenly got more cool!!!!!http://www.desktopexchange.com/gallery/albums/Movie-Wallpapers/Be_Cool_john_Travolta.jpghttp://static.squidoo.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens1874348module9501223photo_1210611626John-TravoltaGrease.jpg

John Travolta says, "That's not possible."

Then he turns and walks away.

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:24 PM
He must be drunk ;)

or high... dunno what them LA people smokes! :D :DI don't smoke weed (though I'm not opposed to it).
I do drink good whiskey.

But I'm not drunk. Just spittin' da truth.

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:26 PM
I'm sure it would.
Never said my beliefs were LEGAL.

But if someone tried to amend the Constitution to allow for that, I'd support it.

Not for a first offender, but for a multiple or serial offender, most definitely.

And I'd rather brutally punish them than kill them. Killing's too good, sometimes.

Soonerus
11/6/2009, 09:28 PM
I'm sure it would.
Never said my beliefs were LEGAL.

But if someone tried to amend the Constitution to allow for that, I'd support it.

Not for a first offender, but for a multiple or serial offender, most definitely.

And I'd rather brutally punish them than kill them. Killing's too good, sometimes.

Your sentiments are good and pure but not workable on a large scale in a civilized society...

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:29 PM
Your sentiments are good and pure but not workable on a large scale in a civilized society...http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2851/opinion.jpg

JLEW1818
11/6/2009, 09:30 PM

i like that

unbiasedtruth
11/6/2009, 09:34 PM
another 2 cents..... if any person, and I don't give a rat's behind who it is, comes out and tries to lay the blame or reasons for his actions somewhere else other than with the shooter himself, then the same punishment needs enforced on the person that believes this.....

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 09:35 PM
Nah. We can't start killing dumb people.

Ike and Froze would be the only people left posting on SF.com. :D

Collier11
11/6/2009, 09:39 PM
c'mon now LAS, you know you love me

Scott D
11/6/2009, 09:48 PM

a military man commits a violent act against other military personnel on a military installation.

the constitution isn't going to save his *** when he gets courtmarshaled and executed.

Okla-homey
11/6/2009, 09:48 PM
Brothers and sisters,

The pink elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about is the fact we in this country will not, by virtue of our grand and glorious Constitution, condemn a man for his beliefs. That, while a marvelous aspect of the American ideal, is a vulnerability. That's also why I, a veteran who bears about two pounds of government stainless steel in his body, have to take my shoes off and endure a frisking before I board a commercial airplane.

I don't know how to resolve this dichotomy. But we're going to have to deal with it in a substantive way, because I fear this attack in Killeen is just the beginning.

Scott D
11/6/2009, 09:50 PM
fwiw homey's last post is on the right track.

okiewaker
11/6/2009, 09:55 PM

You are at best wishy washy. Heh, you are all over the map. You agree or disagree to whatever suits your fancy or pisses off the crowd, whether positive or negetive. Mostly, you go against the grain to satisfy your own self-righteousness. In the end, I don't care where you are from. I don't agree with what the coward did, although, you made it seem that way.^^^.

Okla-homey
11/6/2009, 10:18 PM
The bastage used a FN 5.7. It shoots a nasty little .224 bottleneck cartridge similar to a .22 hornet. Muzzle velocity: 1900 - 2100 fps.

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/product1209.html

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 10:19 PM
c'mon now LAS, you know you love meI do. You're wrong about just about everything, but I love ya anyways. ;-)

Collier11
11/6/2009, 10:24 PM
Ha, ostrich meet sand

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 10:28 PM
Brothers and sisters,

The pink elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about is the fact we in this country will not, by virtue of our grand and glorious Constitution, condemn a man for his beliefs. That, while a marvelous aspect of the American ideal, is a vulnerability. That's also why I, a veteran who bears about two pounds of government stainless steel in his body, have to take my shoes off and endure a frisking before I board a commercial airplane.

I don't know how to resolve this dichotomy. But we're going to have to deal with it in a substantive way, because I fear this attack in Killeen is just the beginning.I agree with all you wrote except the last part.

How can you say this is "just the beginning?" It started during the U.S. hostage crisis in Iran and has continued for the better part of 30 years. Maybe you could say the U.S. Cole was the beginning, or 9/11, or Iran/Contra...who knows.

But this CERTAINLY wasn't "the beginning."

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 10:31 PM
You are at best wishy washy. Heh, you are all over the map. You agree or disagree to whatever suits your fancy or pisses off the crowd, whether positive or negetive. Mostly, you go against the grain to satisfy your own self-righteousness. In the end, I don't care where you are from. I don't agree with what the coward did, although, you made it seem that way.^^^.Uhm...yeah. You'd think that unless you actually read anything I have ever posted on here and comprehended what I was saying.

I've remained constant and consistent in my beliefs for about 10 years now with no wavering around at all. So "wishy washy" is not even REMOTELY applicable to me. In fact, it's a laughable assertion.

And secondly...I did NOTHING to "make it seem" as if you agreed with what the coward did. You did that all on your own. Perhaps you aren't as good at this "writing things that you think on the Internet" as you believe you are.

I'd suggest you go back and look at yourself before you try to lay the blame on others.

Again.

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 10:32 PM
Ha, ostrich meet sandCan't.

Your head is already in the hole. :D

Collier11
11/6/2009, 10:36 PM
What is sad is I actually think you believe the stuff you say, geez

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 10:59 PM
I feel the same way about you, buddy. :D

Collier11
11/6/2009, 11:01 PM
and everyone else feels the same about the stuff I say about you so I guess that makes us even ;)

Scott D
11/6/2009, 11:09 PM
I agree with all you wrote except the last part.

How can you say this is "just the beginning?" It started during the U.S. hostage crisis in Iran and has continued for the better part of 30 years. Maybe you could say the U.S. Cole was the beginning, or 9/11, or Iran/Contra...who knows.

But this CERTAINLY wasn't "the beginning."

Actually, the larger spectre in the room that people tend to ignore is that the increasing threat is going to be from 'home grown' potential terrorism. Consider how many actual converts there are in prison, consider how many more potential converts there are in prison. Consider how many potential converts are in the ranks of the unemployed at this current time. Anger is a powerful tool in that regard.

Soonerus
11/6/2009, 11:11 PM
cannot be defended...

okiewaker
11/6/2009, 11:11 PM
Uhm...yeah. You'd think that unless you actually read anything I have ever posted on here and comprehended what I was saying.

I've remained constant and consistent in my beliefs for about 10 years now with no wavering around at all. So "wishy washy" is not even REMOTELY applicable to me. In fact, it's a laughable assertion.

And secondly...I did NOTHING to "make it seem" as if you agreed with what the coward did. You did that all on your own. Perhaps you aren't as good at this "writing things that you think on the Internet" as you believe you are.

I'd suggest you go back and look at yourself before you try to lay the blame on others.

Again.

Justification for your self-righteounous is to be expected. Play on!

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 11:25 PM
Being right, doesn't make one self-righteous, buddy.

But if you want to keep on asserting that I'm being "self-righteous" when I say that you're full of **** for trying to blame this maniac freaking out and murdering people because they "picked on him" and "put him in the center of the circle" and hurt his precious little feelers, then I'll send you a P.O. box where you can mail me my "I'm A Self-Righteous Prick" t-shirt which I will wear proudly.

The ****er was an evil, cowardly *******. NOTHING justifies what he did.

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 11:26 PM
and everyone else feels the same about the stuff I say about you so I guess that makes us even ;)I'll let you win this one...because I'm feeling charitable. :D

LosAngelesSooner
11/6/2009, 11:30 PM
Actually, the larger spectre in the room that people tend to ignore is that the increasing threat is going to be from 'home grown' potential terrorism. Consider how many actual converts there are in prison, consider how many more potential converts there are in prison. Consider how many potential converts are in the ranks of the unemployed at this current time. Anger is a powerful tool in that regard.There's always been this element in our society.

Always.

The only difference is now we've got some really angry WHITE folks.

Otherwise we've had incredibly poor, disadvantaged minorities for our entire nation's history. And many of them have converted to Islam while in prison. Many others have joined extremist groups (gangs, etc). Still more have "Found Jesus" while they were inside.

As for "The Beginning" you could argue that the "home grown terrorists" started with McVeigh, er...James Earl Ray, er...Lee Harvey Oswald, er...Boothe....

See what I mean?

yermom
11/6/2009, 11:56 PM

sounds like my argument about hate crimes ;)

LosAngelesSooner
11/7/2009, 12:15 AM
sounds like my argument about hate crimes ;)Except I'm for ADDITIONAL punishment in BOTH cases.

Keeps me consistent.

okiewaker
11/7/2009, 01:01 AM
You are consistent on one thing, you keep belaboring the fact that I support this guy. You should read more and post less. And puullllleeeeeeze leave the nasty button out of this. You are killing me, for whatever reason.

SCOUT
11/7/2009, 01:05 AM
Actually, the larger spectre in the room that people tend to ignore is that the increasing threat is going to be from 'home grown' potential terrorism. Consider how many actual converts there are in prison, consider how many more potential converts there are in prison. Consider how many potential converts are in the ranks of the unemployed at this current time. Anger is a powerful tool in that regard.

This is what concerns me about incidents like this the most. There is no more susceptible populace than those who are down on their luck or who have been dealt a bad hand. I guarantee that if you were to profile all of the suicide bombers in the middle east almost all of them would have some sort of disadvantage (intelligence, economics, legal, luck, etc.) in their lives.

I don't really agree with LAS's post about angry white folks (???) or historical numbers of the disadvantaged. The activity around recruiting vulnerable people to carry out atrocious acts in order to obtain 72 virgins and martyrdom is at a level never seen before in the US.

Frozen Sooner
11/7/2009, 01:21 AM
I guarantee that if you were to profile all of the suicide bombers in the middle east almost all of them would have some sort of disadvantage (intelligence, economics, legal, luck, etc.) in their lives.

I'm pretty sure that I read a report about a study that showed the opposite. I thought it was counter-intuitive, but never read the actual study. I'm sure it's on SSRN though, if someone wants to look it up.

batonrougesooner
11/7/2009, 01:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that I read a report about a study that showed the opposite. I thought it was counter-intuitive, but never read the actual study. I'm sure it's on SSRN though, if someone wants to look it up.

Just so happens I just read a summary of such in the "Freakonomics" sequel.

In a book store near you.

Point of fact was that invariably the suicide bombers and those of a similar persuasion where from decidedly advantaged and educated backgrounds and were quite educated themselves.

They saw it as a chance to sacrifice themselves for the common good. Most people don't reach this stage of ethos unless their more basic needs are met.

Frozen Sooner
11/7/2009, 01:53 AM
Just so happens I just read a summary of such in the "Freakonomics" sequel.

In a book store near you.

Point of fact was that invariably the suicide bombers and those of a similar persuasion where from decidedly advantaged and educated backgrounds and were quite educated themselves.

They saw it as a chance to sacrifice themselves for the common good. Most people don't reach this stage of ethos unless their more basic needs are met.

Nice. Superfreakonomics is on my reading list over Christmas break.

LosAngelesSooner
11/7/2009, 01:54 AM
You are consistent on one thing, you keep belaboring the fact that I support this guy. You should read more and post less. And puullllleeeeeeze leave the nasty button out of this. You are killing me, for whatever reason.
Do I REALLY have to link you back to your very own post?

Nah...you're not worth it. Everyone on here saw what you wrote.

SCOUT
11/7/2009, 02:10 AM

I have seen similar articles about how the bombers are middle class, but my point was more broad than just that. I purposefully used luck and etc. in my parenthesis because someone down on their luck can come from any background.

My point was that those most susceptible to the destructive influence of others is growing in this country. In conjunction with that, it seems that the Islamic influence on those individuals is at an all time high.

IronHorseSooner
11/7/2009, 09:19 AM
I just got back from the Pentagon this week, and there has been a somber mood there, to say the least. As a fellow Major in the US Army, this disgusts me more than most. As a Major, you outrank more than 95% of the Army, and no matter the career field, the Army (and you the taxpayer) has invested large amounts of money into your training. This guy being a doctor was even more. This guy should have been flagged when he was at Walter Reed. He received a bad Officer Evaluation Report (OER), which is normally called a 'below center of mass OER." There are only really a few reasons to get something like that, one of which would be openly undermining the chain of command, or in his case he could have also been talking about privileged medical records openly. What puzzles me is why would the medical corps transfer him to Ft. Hood. Going there is a great assignment (even though you can smell A$$tin from there). Darnell is a good hospital that is one of the epicenters with dealing with soldiers returning from combat.

I have a lot of connections with Fort Hood. My two Iraq deployments were with the 4 ID (who was at the time of my deployment at Ft. Hood), and the 3rd ACR (who is now at Ft. Hood). My higher HQ when I was at Ft. Sill was at Ft. Hood. I have friends who work and who have worked at the SRC (Solider Readiness Center). Thankfully, they are all OK. I have either worked for, or know personally, the senior leadership at Ft. Hood, and they are handling this the best way they know.

No matter the motive, this guy needs to be punished to the full extent of the UCMJ, sent to Leavenworth, and then executed by firing squad. I will be stationed at Leavenworth in less than 2 years, and I hope I am there to see it.

Scott D
11/7/2009, 10:37 AM
Well some of you might know about the big bust that went down up here about a week and a half to two weeks ago. The only human casualty was the Imam of the group, and he was a prison convert and educated. Others were caught, and it was a group that the FBI had infiltrated.

Their ringleader? He's in prison in Georgia for being a cop killer in Georgia.

Okla-homey
11/7/2009, 10:47 AM
Troublingly, broadcast news outlets appear to be positing the fault is to be found in American gun laws and a lack of tolerance for Muslims. The solution is of course the banning of guns and Christianity. You can find the same conclusions on Huffington so it must be true.

LosAngelesSooner
11/7/2009, 04:28 PM
Troublingly, broadcast news outlets appear to be positing the fault is to be found in American gun laws and a lack of tolerance for Muslims. The solution is of course the banning of guns and Christianity. You can find the same conclusions on Huffington so it must be true.There are crazies on both sides of the spectrum. Anyone who says this could have been averted if we were "nicer to Muslims" is an idiot. The guy was a lunatic. If it hadn't been this, he would have found something else to get angry about and justify his deep seeded hatred of women, America and other as-of-yet unknown issues.

As for "tougher gun laws," I'm waiting for the genius to tell me how a civilian gun law would have kept the weapons out of a soldier's hands when he's on a military base and we're on high alert. I'm not opposed to SMART gun laws and regulations, but the knee-jerk gun haters need a swift smack up to the back of the head ala Jethro Gibbs style.

That's just ultra-left, namby pamby, out of touch with the cold hard truth, pick some daises, free love, yoga teaching, vegan eating, hippie Age of Aquarius ****.

Did I mention carpet munching? I forgot that one? Fine. Carpet munching, too.

As long as there are moderates (which there will always be moderates anchoring society down and pissing off both extremes of every argument) then we won't have to worry about that **** becoming reality.

Let 'em whine. It ain't gonna amount to anything other than some blogger feeling satisfied with himself, getting up to get a latte and then reminding his life partner to buy more Crystal Deodorant while she's at the store.

IronHorseSooner
11/8/2009, 01:17 PM
There are crazies on both sides of the spectrum. Anyone who says this could have been averted if we were "nicer to Muslims" is an idiot. The guy was a lunatic. If it hadn't been this, he would have found something else to get angry about and justify his deep seeded hatred of women, America and other as-of-yet unknown issues.

As for "tougher gun laws," I'm waiting for the genius to tell me how a civilian gun law would have kept the weapons out of a soldier's hands when he's on a military base and we're on high alert. I'm not opposed to SMART gun laws and regulations, but the knee-jerk gun haters need a swift smack up to the back of the head ala Jethro Gibbs style.

That's just ultra-left, namby pamby, out of touch with the cold hard truth, pick some daises, free love, yoga teaching, vegan eating, hippie Age of Aquarius ****.

Did I mention carpet munching? I forgot that one? Fine. Carpet munching, too.

As long as there are moderates (which there will always be moderates anchoring society down and pissing off both extremes of every argument) then we won't have to worry about that **** becoming reality.

Let 'em whine. It ain't gonna amount to anything other than some blogger feeling satisfied with himself, getting up to get a latte and then reminding his life partner to buy more Crystal Deodorant while she's at the store.

My nomination for post-of-the-year! Well said, LAS!

JohnnyMack
11/8/2009, 03:47 PM
Troublingly, broadcast news outlets appear to be positing the fault is to be found in American gun laws and a lack of tolerance for Muslims. The solution is of course the banning of guns and Christianity. You can find the same conclusions on Huffington so it must be true.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post/

Jello Biafra
11/9/2009, 08:09 AM
so, it appears as though homeboy has ties to the al queda. at least cid has been investigating him as such.

JohnnyMack
11/9/2009, 08:41 AM
so, it appears as though homeboy has ties to the al queda. at least cid has been investigating him as such.

Maybe once he's healthy they'll waterboard him to get info. out of him.

;)......only I'm not really kidding.

I Am Right
11/9/2009, 11:25 AM
What do you think the media and some of this thread posters would say if someone went into an abortion clinic and shouted Jesus is Lord and started killing people?

Collier11
11/9/2009, 11:26 AM
I would say it is horrible and wrong but I certainly wouldnt condemn the entire religion

Collier11
11/9/2009, 11:27 AM
Maybe once he's healthy they'll waterboard him to get info. out of him.

;)......only I'm not really kidding.

I say go for it!

Veritas
11/9/2009, 11:27 AM
What do you think the media and some of this thread posters would say if someone went into an abortion clinic and shouted Jesus is Lord and started killing people?
The media would go ape**** about how insane and intolerant Christianity is. Posters in the thread would revile the shooters actions, and then some liberal jerkoff would throw up flamebait.

Pretty much the same as this thread.

Collier11
11/9/2009, 11:29 AM
The media would go ape**** about how insane and intolerant Christianity is. Posters in the thread would revile the shooters actions, and then someone like IAMRIGHT would throw up flamebait.

Pretty much the same as this thread.

Fixed for accuracy

tommieharris91
11/9/2009, 12:07 PM

Go to the Search on this board and look up George Tiller.

tommieharris91
11/9/2009, 12:07 PM
Fixed for accuracy

I am Wrong doesn't strike me as a liberal jerkoff...

Collier11
11/9/2009, 12:58 PM
just a jerkoff overall

yermom
11/9/2009, 01:20 PM
the point is that just because one Muslim snaps and shoots people, even in the name of Allah, doesn't mean that all of them would

remember, i think all religious wingnuts are crazy ;)

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 01:46 PM
the point is that just because one Muslim snaps and shoots people, even in the name of Allah, doesn't mean that all of them would

remember, i think all religious wingnuts are crazy ;)

No, not all of them would. But even your obtuse liberal *** would have to agree you stand an infinetely higher chance of being blown up, beheaded, or shot by a muslim than you do a christian. And "christian" doesn't = white guy. It = your average christian.

OhU1
11/9/2009, 01:47 PM

Hasn't this already happened at least 3 or 4 times in the last 20 years? Paul Hill was executed in 1994 in Florida for essentially this very act. Seems to me the media pretty much correctly identified the abortion doctor killers as being extremist whackos. There was no widespread generalization being made about Christians.

yermom
11/9/2009, 01:53 PM
No, not all of them would. But even your obtuse liberal *** would have to agree you stand an infinetely higher chance of being blown up, beheaded, or shot by a muslim than you do a christian. And "christian" doesn't = white guy. It = your average christian.

your average Muslim isn't that much different from your average Christian

and yeah, i think i'm probably a lot more likely to get shot by a self-proclaimed "Christian" than a Muslim in this country

proud gonzo
11/9/2009, 02:12 PM

and yeah, i think i'm probably a lot more likely to get shot by a self-proclaimed "Christian" than a Muslim in this country
A lot of gang members wear crosses.

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 02:52 PM

pfffft. The average christian is eating pork chops for supper and might go to church this Christmas and Easter. He's probably taking his kids to a ball game and then going out and drinking some beer with his buds while he talks about big hooters and stuffs some of PG's bacon cookies in his fat face.

The average muslim? Probably not.

And "shot in this country" does narrow down your chances a bit, but even the muslims can see the "terror" shooting up a place can bring, so they might just start that method of jihad here too rather than flying planes into ****, or blowing themselves up in a crowded market.

I Am Right
11/9/2009, 03:12 PM
Hasn't this already happened at least 3 or 4 times in the last 20 years? Paul Hill was executed in 1994 in Florida for essentially this very act. Seems to me the media pretty much correctly identified the abortion doctor killers as being extremist whackos. There was no widespread generalization being made about Christians.

And where in Neanderthal are you from? That is the point- media and politically correctness always generalize about Christianity. Islam is politically protected. The shooting, no murder, at Ft. Hood was an act of terrorism by a terrorist, and that is not a gereralization.

I Am Right
11/9/2009, 03:19 PM
And to all you gun control people out there----If all of the soldiers had loaded side arms maybe only one killed or wounded, plus one dead terrorist, and murder and terror is worse than diversity.

JohnnyMack
11/9/2009, 03:22 PM
And where in Neanderthal are you from? That is the point- media and politically correctness always generalize about Christianity. Islam is politically protected. The shooting, no murder, at Ft. Hood was an act of terrorism by a terrorist, and that is not a gereralization.

I think it was an act of violence carried out by a radicalized Muslim.

yermom
11/9/2009, 03:23 PM
is anything done by a Muslim terrorism?

i like how any bomb is now a "weapon of mass destruction" when a "terrorist" uses it

but seriously, if Achmed Allah Ackhbar decides he hates the Taliban and wants to live in the US, do you really want him not to be here? what if he wants to work with the Military as a translator or advisor? would you rather us just not have that kind of intelligence?

what do you suggest we do about Arabs in the country/military?

C&CDean
11/9/2009, 03:35 PM
is anything done by a Muslim terrorism?

i like how any bomb is now a "weapon of mass destruction" when a "terrorist" uses it

but seriously, if Achmed Allah Ackhbar decides he hates the Taliban and wants to live in the US, do you really want him not to be here? what if he wants to work with the Military as a translator or advisor? would you rather us just not have that kind of intelligence?

what do you suggest we do about Arabs in the country/military?

If you use a bomb to blow people up it's a ****ing wmd. Especially if you do it in the name of Allah, and you've got it strapped to your ***. You could even argue that it's a hate crime too.

And WTF does Achmed working for the CIA to help catch Talibaners got to do with the discussion here? I guess if you're just responding to the slobbering lunacy of that I AM WRONG embecile, I can see why you'd bring this up.

yermom
11/9/2009, 03:53 PM
well, you say you don't trust Muslims/Arabs as far as you could throw them...

and i guess Saddam did have WMDs ;)

I Am Right
11/9/2009, 04:04 PM
I think it was an act of violence carried out by a radicalized Muslim.

Good analysis

I Am Right
11/9/2009, 04:05 PM
well, you say you don't trust Muslims/Arabs as far as you could throw them...

and i guess Saddam did have WMDs ;)

Jeees.

Condescending Sooner
11/9/2009, 04:28 PM
I just got 30 negs from Fraggle and TommieHarris91 for denigrating muslims, when I didn't even mention muslims. Maturity at it's finest, like school girls. I wonder if they are giggling together.

Collier11
11/9/2009, 04:36 PM
quit whining about spek, why cant you n00bs follow rules, good grief

tommieharris91
11/9/2009, 04:40 PM

This.

BTW CS, I negged away because you add absolutely nothing to any political dicussion. You never have. All your posts are basically "Haha," "You're wrong," and "You look stupid."

Condescending Sooner
11/9/2009, 04:49 PM

Not a noob, and never said anything about it before, but 30 negs is a little much for one thread that they obviously didn't even read.

Collier11
11/9/2009, 04:53 PM
if it looks like a n00b and acts like a n00b then you are a n00b

Sooner04
11/9/2009, 04:55 PM
I don't like Muslims.

OKLA21FAN
11/9/2009, 04:58 PM
I don't like Muslims.

too big a hammer :pop:

I Am Right
11/9/2009, 06:28 PM
I just got 30 negs from Fraggle and TommieHarris91 for denigrating muslims, when I didn't even mention muslims. Maturity at it's finest, like school girls. I wonder if they are giggling together.

Fraggle and LosAnglesSooners do that negs all the time. Oh well I guess it beats discussing.

Scott D
11/9/2009, 06:54 PM
And to all you gun control people out there----If all of the soldiers had loaded side arms maybe only one killed or wounded, plus one dead terrorist, and murder and terror is worse than diversity.

since when have civilian gun control laws applied to military installations?

there weren't guns there because it's an area that the Army said no guns.

I Am Right
11/9/2009, 07:12 PM
since when have civilian gun control laws applied to military installations?

there weren't guns there because it's an area that the Army said no guns.

Wear um on your hip, not in the arms room.

Fraggle145
11/9/2009, 07:16 PM
Fraggle and LosAnglesSooners do that negs all the time. Oh well I guess it beats discussing.

When you start discussing instead of copy/pasting (and using your mouse) rush limbaugh, snow reports, and oil stocks (all without links) let me know and I'll be happy to discuss whatever it is with you.

I Am Right
11/9/2009, 07:28 PM
Call this horror by its name: Islamist terror
Comments: 36

Last Updated: 12:44 PM, November 7, 2009

Posted: 3:25 AM, November 7, 2009

On Thursday afternoon, a radicalized Muslim US Army officer shouting, "Allahu akbar!" ("God is great!") committed the worst act of terror on American soil since 9/11. And no one wants to call it an act of terror or associate it with Islam.
What cowards we are. Political correctness killed those patriotic Americans at Fort Hood as surely as the Islamist gunman did. And the media treat it like a case of nondenominational shoplifting.This was a terrorist act. When an extremist plans and executes a murderous plot against our unarmed soldiers to protest our efforts to counter Islamist fanatics, it's an act of terror. Period.
When the terrorist posts anti-American hate speech on the Web; apparently praises suicide bombers and uses his own name; loudly criticizes US policies; argues (as a psychiatrist, no less) with his military patients over the worth of their sacrifices; refuses, in the name of Islam, to be photographed with female colleagues; lists his nationality as "Palestinian" in a Muslim spouse-matching program and parades around central Texas in a fundamentalist playsuit -- well, it only seems fair to call this terrorist an "islamistterrorist."
But the president won't. Despite his promise to get to all the facts. Because there's no such thing as "Islamist terrorism" in ObamaWorld.

And the Army won't. Because its senior leaders are so sick with political correctness that pandering to America haters is safer than calling terrorism "terrorism."

And the media won't. Because they have more interest in the shooter than in our troops -- despite their crocodile tears.

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan planned this terrorist attack and executed it in cold blood. The resulting massacre was the first tragedy. The second was that he wasn't killed on the spot.

Hasan survived. Now the rest of us will have to foot his massive medical bills. Activist lawyers will get involved, claiming "harassment" drove him temporarily insane. There'll be no end of trial delays. At best, taxpayer dollars will fund his prison lifestyle for decades to come, since our politically correct Army leadership wouldn't dare pursue or carry out the death penalty. Maj. Hasan will be a hero to Islamist terrorists abroad and their sympathizers here. While US Muslim organizations decry his acts publicly, Hasan will be praised privately. And he'll have the last laugh. But Hasan isn't the sole guilty party. The US Army's unforgivable political correctness is also to blame for the casualties at Fort Hood. Given the myriad warning signs, it's appalling that no action was taken against a man apparently known to praise suicide bombers and openly damn US policy. But no officer in his chain of command, either at Walter Reed Army Medical Center or at Fort Hood, had the guts to take meaningful action against a dysfunctional soldier and an incompetent doctor.
Had Hasan been a Lutheran or a Methodist, he would've been gone with the simoom. But officers fear charges of discrimination when faced with misconduct among protected minorities. Now 12 soldiers and a security guard lie dead. At least 38 people were wounded, 28 of them seriously. If heads don't roll in this maggot's chain of command, the Army will have shamed itself beyond moral redemption.There's another important issue, too. How could the Army allow an obviously incompetent and dysfunctional psychiatrist to treat our troubled soldiers returning from war? An Islamist wacko is counseled for arguingwith veterans who've been assigned to his care? And he's not removed from duty? What planet does the Army live on?

For the first time since I joined the Army in 1976, I'm ashamed of its dereliction of duty. The chain of command protected a budding terrorist who was waving one red flag after another. Because it was safer for careers than doing something about him. Get ready for the apologias. We've already heard from the terrorist's family that "he's a good American." In their world, maybe he is.
But when do we, the American public, knock off the PC nonsense? A disgruntled Muslim soldier murdered his officers way back in 2003, in Kuwait, on the eve of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Recently? An American mullah shoots it out with the feds in Detroit. A Muslim fanatic attacks an Arkansas recruiting station. A Muslim media owner, after playing the peace card, beheads his wife. A Muslim father runs over his daughter because she's becoming too Westernized. Muslim terrorist wannabes are busted again and again. And we're assured that "Islam's a religion of peace." I guarantee you that the Obama administration's nonresponse to the Fort Hood attack will mock the memory of our dead.

What cowards we are. Political correctness killed those patriotic Americans at Fort Hood as surely as the Islamist gunman did. And the media treat it like a case of nondenominational shoplifting.

This was a terrorist act. When an extremist plans and executes a murderous plot against our unarmed soldiers to protest our efforts to counter Islamist fanatics, it's an act of terror. Period.

Reuters
SOLEMN SALUTE: President Obama steps off Marine One yesterday on his way to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center to visit those wounded in the Fort Hood attack.
see more videos
When the terrorist posts anti-American hate speech on the Web; apparently praises suicide bombers and uses his own name; loudly criticizes US policies; argues (as a psychiatrist, no less) with his military patients over the worth of their sacrifices; refuses, in the name of Islam, to be photographed with female colleagues; lists his nationality as "Palestinian" in a Muslim spouse-matching program and parades around central Texas in a fundamentalist playsuit -- well, it only seems fair to call this terrorist an "Islamist terrorist."

But the president won't. Despite his promise to get to all the facts. Because there's no such thing as "Islamist terrorism" in ObamaWorld.

And the Army won't. Because its senior leaders are so sick with political correctness that pandering to America haters is safer than calling terrorism "terrorism."

And the media won't. Because they have more interest in the shooter than in our troops -- despite their crocodile tears.

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan planned this terrorist attack and executed it in cold blood. The resulting massacre was the first tragedy. The second was that he wasn't killed on the spot.

Hasan survived. Now the rest of us will have to foot his massive medical bills. Activist lawyers will get involved, claiming "harassment" drove him temporarily insane. There'll be no end of trial delays. At best, taxpayer dollars will fund his prison lifestyle for decades to come, since our politically correct Army leadership wouldn't dare pursue or carry out the death penalty.

Maj. Hasan will be a hero to Islamist terrorists abroad and their sympathizers here. While US Muslim organizations decry his acts publicly, Hasan will be praised privately. And he'll have the last laugh.

But Hasan isn't the sole guilty party. The US Army's unforgivable political correctness is also to blame for the casualties at Fort Hood.

Given the myriad warning signs, it's appalling that no action was taken against a man apparently known to praise suicide bombers and openly damn US policy. But no officer in his chain of command, either at Walter Reed Army Medical Center or at Fort Hood, had the guts to take meaningful action against a dysfunctional soldier and an incompetent doctor.

Had Hasan been a Lutheran or a Methodist, he would've been gone with the simoom. But officers fear charges of discrimination when faced with misconduct among protected minorities.

Now 12 soldiers and a security guard lie dead. At least 38 people were wounded, 28 of them seriously. If heads don't roll in this maggot's chain of command, the Army will have shamed itself beyond moral redemption.

There's another important issue, too. How could the Army allow an obviously incompetent and dysfunctional psychiatrist to treat our troubled soldiers returning from war? An Islamist wacko is counseled for arguing with veterans who've been assigned to his care? And he's not removed from duty? What planet does the Army live on?

For the first time since I joined the Army in 1976, I'm ashamed of its dereliction of duty. The chain of command protected a budding terrorist who was waving one red flag after another. Because it was safer for careers than doing something about him.

Get ready for the apologias. We've already heard from the terrorist's family that "he's a good American." In their world, maybe he is.

But when do we, the American public, knock off the PC nonsense?

A disgruntled Muslim soldier murdered his officers way back in 2003, in Kuwait, on the eve of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Recently? An American mullah shoots it out with the feds in Detroit. A Muslim fanatic attacks an Arkansas recruiting station. A Muslim media owner, after playing the peace card, beheads his wife. A Muslim father runs over his daughter because she's becoming too Westernized.

Muslim terrorist wannabes are busted again and again. And we're assured that "Islam's a religion of peace."

I guarantee you that the Obama administration's nonresponse to the Fort Hood attack will mock the memory of our dead.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/call_this_horror_by_its_name_islamist_HT78Wt6NkWoC Gq5HIOwlII#ixzz0WPZNHIBW

yermom
11/9/2009, 07:29 PM
When you start discussing instead of copy/pasting (and using your mouse) rush limbaugh, snow reports, and oil stocks (all without links) let me know and I'll be happy to discuss whatever it is with you.

hmm

KC//CRIMSON

That's like asking Gandhi to eat.

I Am Right

Wow, only libs get to cut and paste. Keep it up Frag, swat at gnats.

Harry Beanbag
11/9/2009, 08:08 PM
if it looks like a n00b and acts like a n00b then you are a n00b

Not that I want to get in the middle of anything, but he's been a member here longer than you. :)

Curly Bill
11/9/2009, 08:39 PM
I must admit to being surprised we're bashing/negging on peeps hating on Muslims?

Seriously?

:confused:

Turd_Ferguson
11/9/2009, 08:59 PM
I must admit to being surprised we're bashing/negging on peeps hating on Muslims?

Seriously?

:confused:Peace and love my brotha, peace and love!...the mooslms will accept us infidel's one of these day's.

Half a Hundred
11/9/2009, 10:39 PM
Might have to do with the West being exponentially more powerful than whatever the hell it is we're supposed to hate today.

Collier11
11/9/2009, 11:20 PM
Not that I want to get in the middle of anything, but he's been a member here longer than you. :)

since when does that matter, some people just dont get it and he is one of them

LosAngelesSooner
11/10/2009, 03:15 AM
^^^ THIS.

LosAngelesSooner
11/10/2009, 03:24 AM
No, not all of them would. But even your obtuse liberal *** would have to agree you stand an infinetely higher chance of being blown up, beheaded, or shot by a muslim than you do a christian. And "christian" doesn't = white guy. It = your average christian.You know...all those Mexicans who are beheadding tourists and each other, blowing each other up, shooting each other, burning each other, etc, in Northern Mexico...they're "Christians."

That's just ONE example. There are many more like that.

So, yeah...blind, bigoted hatred of an entire group is pretty stupid and wrong.

Just sayin'.

11/10/2009, 03:50 AM
Very good point, LAS. Though, those doing such things need more practice.

11/10/2009, 03:54 AM
(practicing Christians)

LosAngelesSooner
11/10/2009, 04:00 AM
Very good point, LAS. Though, those doing such things need more practice.
Abso-****ing-lutely.
Couldn't agree more.

They are no more Christian than the murdering Ft. Hood SOB was a Muslim.

SicEmBaylor
11/10/2009, 04:17 AM
This thread is gayer than cum on a mustache.

StoopTroup
11/10/2009, 06:44 AM

Says the cum on a mustache expert?:pop: :eek: :hot:

Half a Hundred
11/10/2009, 07:30 AM

BACK TO THE PILE!!!!

Collier11
11/10/2009, 09:31 AM
You know...all those Mexicans who are beheadding tourists and each other, blowing each other up, shooting each other, burning each other, etc, in Northern Mexico...they're "Christians."

That's just ONE example. There are many more like that.

So, yeah...blind, bigoted hatred of an entire group is pretty stupid and wrong.

Just sayin'.

I think the one valid point to come out of all of the nasty BS thats being thrown out there from IAMRIGHT and his boys is this, atleast in that case they arent doing it on behalf of their religion, in most cases the crazy muslims are.

Half a Hundred
11/10/2009, 09:41 AM
I think the one valid point to come out of all of the nasty BS thats being thrown out there from IAMRIGHT and his boys is this, atleast in that case they arent doing it on behalf of their religion, in most cases the crazy muslims are.

So what are they doing it on behalf of?

Collier11
11/10/2009, 09:43 AM
well the mexico drug runners are likely doing it to line their pockets and appease their drug lord fella

JohnnyMack
11/10/2009, 12:07 PM
Abso-****ing-lutely.
Couldn't agree more.

They are no more Christian than the murdering Ft. Hood SOB was a Muslim.

Totally disagree. This guy was a Muslim. He may not have fallen into your preconceived notion of what a generic Muslim should look like, but that's the problem with following texts that are over a thousand years old, there is so much ambiguity in what was thrown into books such as the Koran and the Bible that it's hard to define what makes any follower the prime example.

Scott D
11/10/2009, 12:17 PM
Wear um on your hip, not in the arms room.

I'm sure that the Joint Chiefs will get back to you on that one :rolleyes:

MojoRisen
11/10/2009, 12:19 PM
FBI officials admitted they knew months ago that Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan was e-mailing a radical Muslim cleric overseas. A Morning Meeting panel discusses how authorities missed what appeared to be multiple red flags in the Fort Hood massacre.

How is this possible, this man should have been investigated and or observed at minimum. With everyone coming forward it is absolutely our governments fault for not acting on this ASAP. Also has any formal muslim group condemed this act? I am starting to think normal muslims are either cowards or sympathizers to this cause. Why don't they speak up big time if they do not like being grouped with radicals.

MrJimBeam
11/10/2009, 12:23 PM
FBI officials admitted they knew months ago that Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan was e-mailing a radical Muslim cleric overseas. A Morning Meeting panel discusses how authorities missed what appeared to be multiple red flags in the Fort Hood massacre.

How is this possible, this man should have been investigated and or observed at minimum. With everyone coming forward it is absolutely our governments fault for not acting on this ASAP. Also has any formal muslim group condemed this act? I am starting to think normal muslims are either cowards or sympathizers to this cause. Why don't they speak up big time if they do not like being grouped with radicals.

Political correctness has finally killed someone.

And the reason moderate muslims (if there are any) don't speak out is because the prefer thier heads attached to their shoulders.

MojoRisen
11/10/2009, 12:30 PM
We'll we need to counter that, I won't stand for political correctness and just let them terrorize us. Getting awfully sick of the correctness, makes us look weak.

Bottom line is Nation of ISLAM is enemy number 1.... be nice to them :( don't work either.. This problem isn't going away... We need to profile muslims in our military and the borders of the US.

OKLA21FAN
11/10/2009, 12:42 PM
Bottom line is Nation of ISLAM is enemy number 1.... be nice to them :( don't work either.. This problem isn't going away... We need to profile muslims in our military and the borders of the US.
You do understand that the vast majority of Muslims in the U.S. military or who work for the U.S. military have saved a 1000 times more American citizens lives. :gary:

Half a Hundred
11/10/2009, 01:44 PM
We'll we need to counter that, I won't stand for political correctness and just let them terrorize us. Getting awfully sick of the correctness, makes us look weak.

Umm... what does Farrakhan's group have anything to do with this?

Scott D
11/10/2009, 02:15 PM
Umm... what does Farrakhan's group have anything to do with this?

good question, since mojo doesn't even know what the aim of Farrakhan's group is.

Half a Hundred
11/10/2009, 02:31 PM
Also, the only way anyone terrorizes us is if we LET them terrorize us.

Even if this guy was motivated by religious belief (which he wasn't, it was just justification for his action like Andrea Yates' religion was), how does that change the position of the US in the world? We still can kill everyone 20 times over. We still dominate the world's economy. We still are the biggest cultural influence on the planet. There is quite literally nothing anyone in the Muslim world can do to change our behavior unless we decide ourselves to change our behavior. The only thing that even has an effect is turning off the oil spigots, and we've made sure to keep that part of the globe destabilized for the last 35 years to make sure they can't do precisely that.

What is everyone so afraid of?

MojoRisen
11/10/2009, 03:32 PM
This isn't the first time someone in our military of Muslim faith attack an military base. I am pretty sure we know who these guys are, if you believe in Hasan's point of view - these muslim's are under more and more pressure from their religeous point of views and should be released from duty as conscius objectors to the war. If that is in fact true and this guy was clearly talking to the muslim personel in the military as a shrink- and did a slide show in front of all his peers and supervisors at Walter Reid claiming there would be more and more adverse events due to this - I am pretty sure we can start to look at muslim personel in the military and interview them at the least. Sorry if that pisses anyone off, but that is a pretty easy decision and I am sure taking place at least with the muslim hasan had contact with.

You guys been reading about this or just wanting to sweep it under the rug???? pitiful

LosAngelesSooner
11/10/2009, 03:40 PM
Which brings me to my two primary points in this thread:
1) If what you're doing contradicts the very tenets of your religion, then you are NOT accurately representing your religion or the majority of people who hold to your religion's beliefs.

and

2) Who the **** cares why crazy ****ing *******s do evil ****ing ****? They're crazy. They're evil. They're cowards. And I hope they all burn in Hell for the evils they commit.

Half a Hundred
11/10/2009, 03:46 PM
This isn't the first time someone in our military of Muslim faith attack an military base. I am pretty sure we know who these guys are, if you believe in Hasan's point of view - these muslim's are under more and more pressure from their religeous point of views and should be released from duty as conscius objectors to the war. If that is in fact true and this guy was clearly talking to the muslim personel in the military as a shrink- and did a slide show in front of all his peers and supervisors at Walter Reid claiming there would be more and more adverse events due to this - I am pretty sure we can start to look at muslim personel in the military and interview them at the least. Sorry if that pisses anyone off, but that is a pretty easy decision and I am sure taking place at least with the muslim hasan had contact with.

You guys been reading about this or just wanting to sweep it under the rug???? pitiful

The Army's going to do whatever it feels is necessary to protect the safety of its soldiers. For us to comment on it is ultimately pointless.

jaux
11/10/2009, 04:16 PM
The Army's going to do whatever it feels is necessary to protect the safety of its soldiers. For us to comment on it is ultimately pointless.

so this board really is irrelevant? :(

Scott D
11/10/2009, 05:41 PM

Oh I don't see why breaking the law would **** anyone off, I mean I can see why we'd want to advocate discrimination on a grander scale.

LosAngelesSooner
11/10/2009, 05:46 PM

How is this possible, this man should have been investigated and or observed at minimum. With everyone coming forward it is absolutely our governments fault for not acting on this ASAP. Also has any formal muslim group condemed this act? I am starting to think normal muslims are either cowards or sympathizers to this cause. Why don't they speak up big time if they do not like being grouped with radicals.Dude...MANY Muslim groups have spoken out and condemned this act. You don't hear about it because it's not good news. It's easier to focus on a bunch of angry people yelling "KILL ALL THE A-RABBS!!"

The same philosophy explains why the Tea Parties get so much press when they are a minority and don't represent the majority of Americans.

LosAngelesSooner
11/10/2009, 05:51 PM

Bottom line is Nation of ISLAM is enemy number 1.... be nice to them :( don't work either.. This problem isn't going away... We need to profile muslims in our military and the borders of the US.http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Arts/Arts_/Pictures/2007/02/27/farrakhan460.jpg

Minister Farrakhan would appreciate it if you at least knew what you were talking about when you start stupidly ranting about throwing out our Constitution and founding principles in favor of racially profiling U.S. Citizens.

MojoRisen
11/10/2009, 05:53 PM
That dude looks real nice, profiling is legal bro...

LosAngelesSooner
11/10/2009, 05:55 PM
Profiling is racism and discrimination.

Please explain to me how Tim McVeigh would fit into your racial profile?

MojoRisen
11/10/2009, 05:58 PM
I am sure all those family memebers of the deceased in this matter are pretty happy the government knew about this guy reaching out to Al Q and did nothing. Nothing... Your point of view will get more inocent people killed because you fail to accept that the Muslim's are the issue here and in Britain even worse.

I have heard nothing from these so called groups, go ahead and blame the media then. The only people I have heard are liberals who want this to go away and that is not ever going to happen. Obama will retract with all this new evidence on this guy and the FBI's addmitence to knowing and not doing anything. Come on a Major in the Military of Muslim faith reaches out and has contact with a radical cleric involved with Al Q and you don't want him profiled. Kiss my arse at minimum....

yermom
11/10/2009, 06:03 PM
so what should the FBI have done? call the department of pre-crime?

LosAngelesSooner
11/10/2009, 06:04 PM
So, using YOUR OWN EXAMPLE...the REAL problem was a failure of our own military command to address a threat.

Not the threat itself.

So really...all those grieving families should be directing their anger at the Army's brass for failing to handle this situation properly.

I'm just using YOUR set up to deliver the cold hard truth.

And you know what? I'd rather run the risk of something like this happening a hundred times more than compromise what our nation was FOUNDED ON...than compromise our principles...our Constitution...our ideals...our laws.

So you can blindly and stupidly blame "Liberals" (who had nothing to do with this) and Obama (who had nothing to do with this) and Republicans (who had nothing to do with this) and the mean neighbors who picked on him (and had nothing to do with this) but the only REAL blame that can be levied are at two targets:

1) The idiot, hate filled psycho who killed all the people

and

2) the Army Brass who knew of the threat and failed to take appropriate action.

PERIOD.

LosAngelesSooner
11/10/2009, 06:05 PM
Also PROFILING has NOTHING to do with this guy "reaching out to a radical Muslim."

See...that's an ACTION. Something definitive. Something quantifiable.

We get the fact that you're a bigot who hates all Muslims. You've made that very clear.

But do you even KNOW what the term "Profiling" means? :rolleyes:

MojoRisen
11/10/2009, 06:09 PM
Sure, we just dis agree, I speak with a lot of people from Britan and they are getting real tired of the radical influx because they allow it there and are much more liberal to that stuff- like radical muslims burning flags and things of that nature. Muslim's I have dealt with are the shrewdest in business, not very trust worthy and frankly shady by all accounts. This being more geared toward Arab muslims - not really with African or African American muslims.

Me I am quitely not real fond of Arab Muslims in business or the like. Sorry and it has been my dealings with them not just blind bigotry.

Fraggle145
11/10/2009, 06:50 PM
so what should the FBI have done? call the department of pre-crime?

Thought crime. They work down the road in the Ministry of Love.

MojoRisen
11/10/2009, 06:54 PM
Definitely, they should be upset nothing was done from the FBI to the Military. Do we know how many Billions have been spent to develop systems to make sure our government branches are communicating. yes the DOJ and State Department should have been like flies on shiate with this guy long before any of this happened. The threat is imminant, our lack of response is intollerable. if we are not going to do anything, they should just drop the patriot act all together instead of stopping Terrorism they are probably just stealing stock secrets and pushing comodities!

I Am Right
11/10/2009, 07:05 PM
BONUS COLUMN! FT HOOD AND GUILTY: LIBERAL 'VICTIMS' AND THEIR ASSAULT ON AMERICA
November 9, 2009

Last week, thirteen troops at Fort Hood did not survive America’s culture of victimhood, described in my book, Guilty: Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America.

In modern America, the guilty are sanctified, while the innocent never stop paying – including with their lives, as they did at Fort Hood.

Before shooting up a medical facility on that Army base, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan reportedly shouted “Allahu Akbar.”

While Hasan gave a shout-out to Allah before shooting, President Obama gave a shout-out to "Dr. Joe Medicine Crow” before getting around to mentioning the massacre on the day it happened.

President Obama's response to abortionist George Tiller was “I am shocked and outraged by the murder of Dr. George Tiller.”

President Obama’s response to the slaughter of 13 Americans by a Muslim at a U.S. military installation was to instruct Americans not to “jump to any conclusions.”

There was a risk that right-wingers’s would start playing the old “Blame The Perpetrator” game.

While the rest of us were supposed to avoid coming to the obvious conclusion, liberals went to work establishing a counterintuitive conclusion -- which they plan to make conventional wisdom by Wednesday.

The mainstream media and government officials waited for no information – indeed actively avoided learning any information -- before leaping to the conclusion that Hasan’s mass murder was set off by traumatic stress.

Hasan’s family members, egged on by the media, portray their murderous relative as the victim – of vague taunts by fellow servicemen for being a Muslim.

CNN began its article on the massacre: “The bumper sticker reading ‘Allah is Love’ was torn off and the car was keyed.”

A Muslim mows down 13 Americans and immediately we're supposed to start feeling sorry for the Muslim. (The bumper sticker incident did not occur on the military base where Hasan committed mass murder and the perpetrator had already apologized to Hasan.)

The Army’s top brass, Gen. George Casey, responded to the massacre by announcing: “Our diversity, not only in our Army, but in our country, is a strength.”

As described in “Guilty,” the more culpable a person is, the more beloved he is in modern America’s cult of victimology.

Naturally, therefore, on Sept. 11, 2001, Muslims won top billing in the victimhood pantheon. On the basis of slaughtering 3,000 Americans, they moved up in the rankings -- surpassing blacks, Jews, gays, illegal immigrants, and feminists as our most privileged victims.

And now Americans are paying for our beloved "victims" not only in jobs, taxes, and speech rights, but with their lives. All this is detailed in case after case in Guilty: Liberal "Victims" and Their Assault on America

yermom
11/10/2009, 07:15 PM
WASHINGTON—The current session of the 111th Cat Congress was once again suspended Tuesday following the sudden introduction of a sunbeam onto the Senate floor, a development that has left a majority of transfixed lawmakers unable to move forward.

The ray of sunlight, which first appears in the official record at 11:30 a.m., interrupted debate over S. 391, a proposal to provide underprivileged felines with universal access to scratching posts.

"We've come up against an unforeseen circumstance, but we'll resume deliberation and voting as quickly as is reasonably possible," said majority leader and Budget Committee chaircat Sen. Creamsicle (D-ND), stretching out to his entire length and repeatedly kneading the chamber carpet. "I think I speak for most of my colleagues when I say that, while it is extremely important we continue the legislative work at hand, we must first give this warm and bright beam of light the due consideration it deserves."

"And we should, er, debate this for as long as it takes," added Creamsicle, softly swishing his tail back and forth. "Perhaps all day, if we have to."

A majority of senators seemed to agree with Creamsicle. Eighty-nine of the 100 congresscats present immediately joined the new Sunbeam Investigative Committee, and a number of subcommittees are also reported to have been created, the largest of which has been tasked with determining the value of lazily batting at rising dust motes while half-asleep.

A small minority of feline senators, however, took issue with the procedural delay. Sen. Poppy (D-DE) was especially vocal, claiming that the Senate should ignore the seemingly intractable sunbeam issue and continue with other, more pressing matters.

"This irresponsible stoppage is absolutely unacceptable," Poppy said. "Frivolous distractions like these are robbing our constituents of the soft, cozy shafts of…I mean, the reforms they so desperately need…so desperately need… I yield my remaining time."

Some legislators refused to participate in the debate altogether, most notably Sen. Ruby (R-SC), who spent several hours sitting motionless in front of the northwest wall of the Cat Capitol Building, staring unblinkingly at an unknown object.

The sunbeam marked the fourth event to suspend congressional activity this week. According to sources, other disruptions included a thunderclap on Monday that instantly adjourned proceedings; Wednesday's chaotic introduction of a laser pointer; and the discovery of a large cardboard box in the Capitol Rotunda Thursday that prompted minority whip Sen. Tiddles (R-TN) to call a recess so that he could sit inside of it.

None of these delays, however, compares to the appearance of a small sparrow outside the congressional chamber last month, which completely mesmerized House Speaker Jeffy-Boy (D-CA) and brought all government activity to a standstill for approximately 17 minutes.

Big Stripey, founder of the influential political watchdog committeelitter.com, said he isn't surprised by the latest sunbeam debacle, claiming that years of corruption and mating scandals have shown just how ineffectual the current Cat Congress really is.

"Our lawmakers were elected to serve the common cat, not their own self-interests," Big Stripey said. "With over 6 percent of the population stray, millions more going hungry or only getting dry food, and the dogs next door developing a very real litter of puppies, we need action now for the sake of our kittens and our kittens' kittens."

"We're not paying these idiots to sit around and lick each other all day," Big Stripey added.

Many congressional insiders refuted accusations of indolence, saying that the rigorous schedule of cat legislators entitles them to periodic breaks in addition to their 18 scheduled hours of sleep per day.

"Our Founding Toms understood that certain provisions must be made in the interest of the public good," congressional spokescat Georgina said. "Democracy is not always so cut and dried. Sunbeams are going to happen. Vacuum cleaners are going to happen. Those little springy wires with a piece of cardboard at the end are going to happen. It's simply the way the system works."

According to late reports, the Cat Congress had briefly reconvened due to cloudy weather, but was quickly adjourned again after a crumpled up piece of aluminum foil suddenly rolled across the Senate floor

Half a Hundred
11/10/2009, 08:00 PM
http://www.hurryupharry.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/ayman-taha.JPG

Scott D
11/10/2009, 08:10 PM
I'm curious how Mojo feels about Persians..because you know, they're not Arabs.

Half a Hundred
11/10/2009, 08:26 PM
I'm curious how Mojo feels about Persians..because you know, they're not Arabs.

Good point.

http://rutherfordl.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/muslim-gravestone.jpg

MojoRisen
11/10/2009, 08:38 PM
Throw the entire middle east in there bro, I deal with enough of the shady bastages daily!

The fact is none of the legit Muslims will step up against this and pretty much a large amount of them support this kind of thing. Not everyone but those majority who don't are not vocal enough. Here are a handful of great soldiers and Americans - compared the the much bigger number of American Muslims who are supporters or just cowardly in dealing with their own. The whole mantality doesn't belong in America - and if it is roughly 20% the other 80% need to identify and help against these folks who are dragging the religion way down in my book. The fact that they think it is wrong to turn in radical muslims to the FBI or bring information to the FBI - because of cultural issues is a joke- please leave the country if you want to be a drag on our benefits you should stand up against our biggest threat.

You can give me 1 for 100 who are shady - gauranteed.

Collier11
11/10/2009, 08:59 PM
I think profiling to an extent is completely fine

LosAngelesSooner
11/11/2009, 12:56 AM
There are REASONS why:

a) Racial Profiling is wrong and doesn't really work
b) There is a chain of command
c) Blind hatred of any particular group is evil and idiotic
d) Many people "on the far right" are stereotyped as being not well traveled, ignorant and/or naive.

You guys hear all the people on here saying, "Yeah that one ********* was an evil ****er and deserves to die, but don't become a bigot and hate an entire group because it will only lead to MORE evil," and you come back with accusations that those people are "keeping their heads in the sand," or "refusing to acknowledge the truth of the world," or "putting our nation in peril" or (the dumbest of all) "being P.C."

Well...when people follow thee line of "thinking" that some of you are espousing...we get things like this:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/tampa-police-marine-reservist-attacked-greek-priest-he-mistook-for/1050707

Tampa police: Marine reservist attacked Greek priest he mistook for terrorist

TAMPA — Marine reservist Jasen Bruce was getting clothes out of the trunk of his car Monday evening when a bearded man in a robe approached him.

That man, a Greek Orthodox priest named Father Alexios Marakis, speaks little English and was lost, police said. He wanted directions.

What the priest got instead, police say, was a tire iron to the head. Then he was chased for three blocks and pinned to the ground — as the Marine kept a 911 operator on the phone, saying he had captured a terrorist.

Police say Bruce offered several reasons to explain his actions:
The man tried to rob him.
The man grabbed Bruce's crotch and made an overt sexual advance in perfect English.
The man yelled "Allahu Akbar," Arabic for "God is great," the same words some witnesses said the Fort Hood shooting suspect uttered last week.
"That's what they tell you right before they blow you up," police say Bruce told them.

Bruce ended up in jail, accused of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. He was released Tuesday on $7,500 bail. Marakis ended up at the hospital with stitches. He told the police he didn't want to press charges, espousing biblical forgiveness.

But Tuesday, Bruce wasn't saying sorry.

• • •

The two men are a year apart in age, and a world apart in life experiences.

Father Michael Eaccarino of St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Tarpon Springs says Marakis, 29, entered a Greek monastery as a teenager and became a priest nine years ago. He is studying theology at Holy Cross, a Greek Orthodox school in Massachusetts, and traveled to Tarpon Springs two months ago to work on his master's thesis. He has taken a vow of celibacy.

Eaccarino says the visiting priest got lost Monday after ministering to the elderly in a nursing home.

Jasen Bruce, 28, enlisted as a reserve Marine as a teenager, was discharged honorably when he finished his contract, and enlisted again this March. He has never been deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan, a Marine Corps spokesman said. He got married last month in full dress uniform.

Bruce is a sales manager for APS Pharmacy in Palm Harbor. His blog entries tout the benefits of increasing testosterone and human growth hormones. He was charged with misdemeanor battery in 2007 for hopping over the bed of a tow truck and shoving its driver. He pleaded no contest.

Online photo galleries depict him flexing big muscles wearing little clothing.
An exterior surveillance video of Tuesday's chase captured the two men in motion, said Tampa Police Department spokeswoman Laura McElroy:

"You see a very short, small man running, and an enormous, large muscular man chasing after him."

This is what police say happened at 6:35 p.m. Monday:
The priest's GPS gave him the wrong directions, leading him off Interstate 275 and into downtown Tampa. He followed a line of cars into a garage at the Seaport Channelside condominium to ask for help.
He found Bruce, whose back was turned, bending over the trunk of his car, and he tapped his shoulder before saying, in broken English, "please" and "help."
That's when Bruce reached for the tire iron. Police say that by the end of the chase, he had hit the priest four times.
Hours after his release from Orient Road Jail on Tuesday, Bruce stood silently as his attorney, Jeff Brown, told his version:
The bearded man wearing a robe and sandals was clearly trespassing in the garage. In a sudden move, the stranger made a verbal sexual advance and grabbed Bruce's genitals. The Marine defended himself. And immediately, he called 911 as he chased him.
Brown said the police initially called the Marine a "hero" and said the priest was "mentally ill."

He called the police's account "one-sided" and said the department should investigate a sergeant he said made derogatory comments about the Marine's military background.

Police said that sergeant is, himself, a veteran. They say that the priest was disoriented when they found him at the corner of Madison and Meridian avenues, but a translator at Tampa General Hospital helped him communicate. And that the GPS corroborates the priest's story.

When police arrived at Bruce's apartment at 1:30 a.m., before they had mentioned charges, he had already called an attorney.

Television news stations showed the priest's photo on Tuesday and mentioned what the Marine said he did. If the priest had watched, he wouldn't have understood it.

http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00093/A4S_bruce111109_93606d.jpg

He'd spent the day in great spirits, his fellow priest said. His main worry was that he inconvenienced the others who had to care for him. Then, a man named Jerry Theophilopoulos got in touch with him. He's a lawyer, speaks Greek and served as a former board member of the church. The lawyer said he told the priest what the Marine said. Marakis was stunned. His eyes grew wide. He said it was a lie.

Times researcher John Martin and staff writer Jamal Thalji contributed to this report.Things like this that reinforce poor stereotypes of the far right and that validate the concerns many people are raising on here in this very thread.

Just some food for thought.

(BTW, this dooshbag obviously has some repressed "issues" that he needs to step into the closet, sort out, and then share with his wife. Seriously.)

MojoRisen
11/11/2009, 09:19 AM
OK, the marine was jumpy and acted stupid.... Do you not see the difference between battery and calling the police yourself saying you captured a terrorist - to killing dozens and thousands of innocent people with one act of cowardly premeditated violence towards one group or groups with common interest?

No comparison LA -

Looks like they knew this guy was contacting AL Q a year in advance of this Terrorist Act. If moderate muslims have a chance to turn radical because things don't go there way in life and this is something that Hasan thinks will happen. people need to be interviewed and something needs to be done.

If the Moderate Muslims believe it is wrong to turn over radicals in their mosques or provide information to law enforcement because of cultural reasons, and they call themselves Americans, that is also wrong.

I don't care how the FBI or CIA get's it's information but if we have 700K or even 100k muslims in America who believe this stuff is good for Allah and Jihad - that is a problem where those people need to be identified and not hide behind freedom of speech & religous practice and with their other tounge plan and or financially or even morally support the Radicals- just waiting in the wings for something to go wrong in their life - so they can join the fray - get 40 virgins and commit a mass murder in the name of GoD- I am going to be sick.

I am just saying Moderate American Muslims need to step up and help, intelligence needs to be acted upon if we are going to monitor these people or any of us for that matter with out warrents under the patriot act. I could care less how they practice oversee's or in their home countries but within our borders and on our tax dollars - they are free game for profiling at a time of war.... What do you expect, and if they see PC for americans as a weakness they are clearly going to ruthlessly expose that weakness. Any argument to my points to me are part of the movement- seriously. Admit there is a major problem with a large amount of Muslims and I will chill out.

Pricetag
11/11/2009, 10:30 AM
Any argument to my points to me are part of the movement- seriously. Admit there is a major problem with a large amount of Muslims and I will chill out.
You've just basically told everyone to ignore you.

yermom
11/11/2009, 10:32 AM
there is a major problem with "a large amount" of any group

MojoRisen
11/11/2009, 10:33 AM
Might as well, if you keep a blind eye to this stuff and act as if you are right. Even the lib strategist were starting to get on the bandwagon about this stuff. Sorry but if there are 200 Mosques in the US preaching Jihad to me that is a ticking time bomb. Hey Freedom of speach though

Pricetag
11/11/2009, 10:52 AM
What is the ultimate solution to this problem?

Ardmore_Sooner
11/11/2009, 11:03 AM

Eric Cartman

JohnnyMack
11/11/2009, 11:04 AM

Atheism.

Collier11
11/11/2009, 11:06 AM
Eric Cartman

RESPECT MUH AUTHORITAYYY!

Harry Beanbag
11/11/2009, 11:10 AM

I think Himmler called it the Final Solution. ;)

Half a Hundred
11/11/2009, 12:20 PM
Atheism.

You'd risk eternal life to have peace in this life? Son, you've got your priorities mixed... :texan:

Collier11
11/11/2009, 01:01 PM
Oh Lord, I am on your side completely HaH but lets not start this again

SCOUT
11/11/2009, 01:16 PM
Things like this that reinforce poor stereotypes of the far right and that validate the concerns many people are raising on here in this very thread.

Just some food for thought.

Where in that article does it state his political affiliation? It is stereotypes like this that demonstrate the willingness to make condemnations based on preconceived notions when it fits your argument.

Scott D
11/11/2009, 01:24 PM
I am just saying Moderate American Muslims need to step up and help, intelligence needs to be acted upon if we are going to monitor these people or any of us for that matter with out warrents under the patriot act. I could care less how they practice oversee's or in their home countries but within our borders and on our tax dollars - they are free game for profiling at a time of war.... What do you expect, and if they see PC for americans as a weakness they are clearly going to ruthlessly expose that weakness. Any argument to my points to me are part of the movement- seriously. Admit there is a major problem with a large amount of Muslims and I will chill out.

No, you've already said you don't want Moderate American Muslims to help, you want to profile them, and stop just short of placing them all in interment camps. In fact, you've made it clear that you don't even care if they're Chaldean, Muslim, Hindi, Catholic, or Agnostic. I'm sure TUSooner and Jerk would be against you splitting up their families.

MojoRisen
11/11/2009, 01:44 PM
Hey buddy, they are not helping is the problem they refuse too. I wished they would, now that they don't we still have to gather intel. Ever heard of homeland security? By the way I am catholic , and you don't see the catholics doing this stuff, it is off the wall dividians and radicals. If the moderate muslims would help that is a different story- go read up. they refuse to turn over or provide information on radicals in their mosques. SOrry that is un american.

You are looking to argue and can't accept the facts. Islam is dangerous and the moderates better step up or move out of the way.

Scott D
11/11/2009, 01:49 PM
It's a shame you couldn't get through an entire paragraph of text there.

MojoRisen
11/11/2009, 01:59 PM
You guys all missed my Points- maybe I type too fast

1. American moderate Muslims refuse to help Intel here in the states- cite cultural reasoning. They prefer to handle that amongst themselves.
2. The Government has spent Trillion dollars on systems and protocols that will allow agencies to communicate quickly and freely on terrorist intel involving threats here in the states. Also the patriot act.
3. The victims should be pisssed off at the FBI and the ARMy along with DOD and State Department officials - knowing about Hasan for nearly a year in advance of these crimes with out questioning him or putting him under further surveillance.
4. 10 % of 2000 Mosques here in the united states preach Jihad- here in the US.
5. 20 % of American Muslims say it is OK or can Justify Suicide Car Bombs.

6. That is a stagering amount of 7 million people

7. Libs and others refuse to admit there is a problem with ISLAm right now and refuse to accept that this was a terrorist attack.

All other arguments are just trying to make an excuse, distance from involvement and or just simply quitely supporting the Jihad and hiding behind freedom of speach.

Solutions- wished I had one, but it would help if the moderate 80% would at least keep an eye on the other 20% and not just lay low because they know they will not be targeted by these jihadist freaks.

Diference between violence and mass murder of innocence.
Middle eastern Muslims are the shrewdist people I have met in my life and I have dealt with many, they are elusive, and not trusting and quite shady to deal with - you always have to be on your toes.

soonerscuba
11/11/2009, 02:08 PM
I think people try to live their life and keep to their business, why exactly, do these millions of moderates have any stake whatsoever in ponitificating on the actions of one man based on the fact that they share a common feature? Is it just to make you feel better? Do you think the radicals care?

Pricetag
11/11/2009, 02:19 PM
You are looking to argue and can't accept the facts. Islam is dangerous and the moderates better step up or move out of the way.
You're contradicting yourself. If Islam is dangerous, then there are no moderates. Again I ask, what is the ultimate solution?

Fraggle145
11/11/2009, 02:37 PM
Atheism.

Beat me to it.

You cant have radical "Relegionism" without religion.

MojoRisen
11/11/2009, 02:47 PM
Number one I think all of us will feel a lot better if we can identify and act swiftly on Radical Muslim Terrorist's here in the US. Falls Church where Hasan's Mosques is and the dude that fled the country used to preach that is now linked to 9/11 and other terrorist attacks is about 30 miles from my house. (This was the guy that Hasan was communicating with) This isn't farmland and is right smack in the melting pot 10 miles from our nations capital, much easier for people to blend in out here as apposed to OKC or TULSA.

2 we need to either A provide enough troops to provide security and get the job done or pull out of Iraq and Afganistan- none of this in the middle stuff.

Profiling - I hate to admit it but we need more security at home if small cells of this problem can kill up to 20 times one - using Terrorist Tactics and Suicide attacks.

ultimate solution is Peace, or I fear this is going to get UGLY based on the few who take it upon themselves to drag us all in.

We can have resolve, but I am not liking sitting back and just taking it on the chin and doing nothing about it.

If we are going to spend trillions on homeland security, we ought to provide some and if Muslim's are causing the threat, they need to be profiled.

I am not talking about joe smoe muslim, but based on suspision and real intel that may suggest that they aren't up to any good.

IF it is going to be like this, I fear it aint going to be pleasant for the average muslim if they are not diferentiating themselves from this crap- and they are not doing a good enough job to seperate - only claiming hey leave us alone aint going to cut it.

People are getting sick of being hand cuffed and dealing with this threat.

It is a crappy problem but it hasn't even come close to escalating yet... Unfortunately

Fraggle145
11/11/2009, 02:53 PM
You guys all missed my Points- maybe I type too fast

1. American moderate Muslims refuse to help Intel here in the states- cite cultural reasoning. They prefer to handle that amongst themselves.
2. The Government has spent Trillion dollars on systems and protocols that will allow agencies to communicate quickly and freely on terrorist intel involving threats here in the states. Also the patriot act.
3. The victims should be pisssed off at the FBI and the ARMy along with DOD and State Department officials - knowing about Hasan for nearly a year in advance of these crimes with out questioning him or putting him under further surveillance.
4. 10 % of 2000 Mosques here in the united states preach Jihad- here in the US.
5. 20 % of American Muslims say it is OK or can Justify Suicide Car Bombs.

6. That is a stagering amount of 7 million people

7. Libs and others refuse to admit there is a problem with ISLAm right now and refuse to accept that this was a terrorist attack.

All other arguments are just trying to make an excuse, distance from involvement and or just simply quitely supporting the Jihad and hiding behind freedom of speach.

Solutions- wished I had one, but it would help if the moderate 80% would at least keep an eye on the other 20% and not just lay low because they know they will not be targeted by these jihadist freaks.

Diference between violence and mass murder of innocence.
Middle eastern Muslims are the shrewdist people I have met in my life and I have dealt with many, they are elusive, and not trusting and quite shady to deal with - you always have to be on your toes.

Sooooo basically what you are saying is that all of the information that you have on this subject, the one in which you tell Scott D to:
...go read up.... comes from a thread started by RLimC (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137039) from newsmax? :pop:

MojoRisen
11/11/2009, 02:56 PM
OK, good luck guys... Muslims are good Americans are bad....

Seriously, what's next happens again and then full mosques start getting targeted? I just don't think this is going to be pretty on the course it is on...

olevetonahill
11/11/2009, 02:59 PM
OK, good luck guys... Muslims are good Americans are bad....

Seriously, what's next happens again and then full mosques start getting targeted? I just don't think this is going to be pretty on the course it is on...

Are YOU sure Your Not Muslim ?
You dont type like English is yer 1st language :pop:

Fraggle145
11/11/2009, 03:00 PM
You know that same article said this:

On the other hand, those who condemn Muslims in general because of the actions of Hasan and others like him are engaging in prejudice that has no place in America. Indeed, such stereotyping sets back the war on terror, because we need moderate Muslims on our side.

The problem is not the Quran, which is no more incendiary than some passages in the Bible. (Deuteronomy, for example, prescribes stoning to death for those who “served other gods and worshipped them.”) The problem is the radical element that uses the Quran as an excuse to engage in terrorism and the failure of many moderate Muslims to condemn the extremists.

right?

Pricetag
11/11/2009, 03:18 PM
Ha! Profile him!

olevetonahill
11/11/2009, 03:26 PM
Ha! Profile him!

Hell Bro
At least when I cant hardly be understood I have an Excuse

OVJ :D

Collier11
11/11/2009, 03:41 PM

HOLY SUPER BLACK POT :D

MojoRisen
11/11/2009, 03:55 PM
I'll take a profiling :)

LosAngelesSooner
11/11/2009, 05:51 PM
So, in other words, they are very good at business? Then they must epitomize the "American Dream" since they are excelling at Capitalism. No?

And tell me this...was the Washington D.C. shooter a "terrorist?"
How about the Clock Tower shooter in Texas?
How about the Revolutionary War heroes who held the tea party and hid behind trees to shoot people?

Just curious.