PDA

View Full Version : Everybody Hates Boise State

KC//CRIMSON
11/5/2009, 03:10 PM
http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/chris-petersen.jpg

Back in the day, a Division I-A football team could finish undefeated and have a chance to win at least a piece of the national championship. No longer. The Boise State Broncos, who haven’t lost a regular season game since 2007, seemed to have gained a sniff when Oregon (who the Broncos beat in their opener) beat USC last Saturday. Instead, sportswriters gushed over Oregon’s conquest of a name program, one that can’t seem to get through its own conference without a loss, let alone its entire schedule. Even TCU seems to be getting the cachet that seems to elude Boise State.

So what can they do? Well they hired a PR firm to try and keep the buzz going. But what about their schedule? Yeah, Boise State can’t even get a road game with anybody.

The Broncos are not asking for a return game in Boise. Just one road game. And about 10 teams have turned the Broncos down, according to [WAC commissioner Karl] Benson.

“They’re running into a situation where nobody will schedule them, nobody will take them,” Benson told the Statesman’s Chadd Cripe. –Idaho Statesman.

The mindset is obvious: even a single loss in the regular season is too costly for any program. Well, any program except Boise State, whose 6 WAC titles seem to hang around their necks like medals from the Special Olympics. But I don’t blame the BCS–I blame the idealistic sportswriters that took time out of fellating Notre Dame to knock the Broncos from 5th to 8th in both human polls after blowing out Hawaii. It’s like Boise State has BCS AIDS, which would make a great toll-free hotline if anyone out there is feeling entrepreneurious at the moment. Yeah, that’s a word now. I spent the last week growing it in my dictionarium. Get over it.-With Leather

For the record: Will somebody, anybody, please pound these smurfy blue potato eating sons a bitches into the ground? Die already. Good grief.

A-M
11/5/2009, 03:13 PM
Who cares!

Soonersince57
11/5/2009, 03:13 PM
6 WAC titles seem to hang around their necks like medals from the Special Olympics.

LMAO

yermom
11/5/2009, 03:19 PM
come to Norman, bitches

meoveryouxinfinity
11/5/2009, 03:23 PM
good point. Blasphemy if Oregon ends up ahead of Boise. Stupid.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
11/5/2009, 03:41 PM
Get rid of the blue field, then we'll talk.

soonerborn30
11/5/2009, 03:43 PM
It was said once that we offered them a 2 to 1 series where they played here twice and we played there once and they flatly turned it down. Wanted no part of it. I wonder if they're regretting that now.

Jello Biafra
11/5/2009, 03:45 PM
reap what you sew...

we offered to play em here. they turned us down.

stoopified
11/5/2009, 03:51 PM
They are grying because NOBODY wants to play them in nonconference?What about tthe offer JoeC. and OU made to play BSU?Do we not count?TCU gets love because they are willing to play OU and UT and others in non conference.

Jello Biafra
11/5/2009, 03:55 PM
i think they get off on whining and playing the victim. brings cameras and press to their doors and gives them a platform to cry about. if this is untrue, why wouldnt they want to play out of conference at OU, Texas, USC, Alabama etc....nope. they feel like they are big time and they dont have to travel.

tell ya what big boys. you want to be with the blue bloods, play the blue bloods. otherwise, sit down, shut up and color.

badger
11/5/2009, 04:01 PM
"Undefeated in the regular season since 2007"

Well, back in 2005, OU could have said "Undefeated in the regular season since 2002" since we didn't lose any "regular season" games in 2003 or 2004, but you didn't see US crying that they weren't awarding OU the national titles those years!

TCU for BCS. They haven't had the chance yet that the likes of Hawaii and BSU have already had. It's as good of a reason as any to invite them over one of the other undefeateds.

virginiasooner
11/5/2009, 04:26 PM
Oh, come on -- no one in the ACC will play BSU? I find that a tad hard to believe. How about the MAC? Big East? I'm not buying what they are selling. At this point, they should be able to get a home and home with Michigan.

Scott D
11/5/2009, 04:29 PM
They should hire a PR firm in an effort to ditch the WAC and join the Mountain West if they really want to get legitimate sniffs at the bigtime.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 05:29 PM
I'm all for an MNC game with any 2 of Boise, Cincinatti, and TCU...preferably Boise and TCU. Any 2 will work though as long as it keeps texass and anyone in the SEC out. I'd love to see uterus hining about SOS and how they played such stiff competition in comparison! lmao

colinreturn
11/5/2009, 05:42 PM
f*** boise state. play challenging teams consistently

ouwapiti
11/5/2009, 05:58 PM
no kiddin' about the blue field....the ncaa in all its infinite wisdom ( cough cough) should make them change it to green

TheUnnamedSooner
11/5/2009, 06:02 PM
"Undefeated in the regular season since 2007"

Well, back in 2005, OU could have said "Undefeated in the regular season since 2002" since we didn't lose any "regular season" games in 2003 or 2004, but you didn't see US crying that they weren't awarding OU the national titles those years!

I hate Boise as much as the next, but this argument has no grounds. WE PLAYED for the MNC those two years.

NormanPride
11/5/2009, 06:08 PM
I hate Boise as much as the next, but this argument has no grounds. WE PLAYED for the MNC those two years.

Yeah, but we were undefeated in the regular season! NO RESPECT! NO RESPECT I SAYS YA!

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 06:09 PM
f*** boise state. play challenging teams consistently

I feel the same way, but any team that azzrapes oregon on national TV and causes an epic meltdown in one of their players gains some points in my book no matter how many jackass statue of liberty plays they manage to pull off on us! The only time I want to see those weenuses win is if they are playing SUC or someone we seriously need to have lose to move us up.

badger
11/5/2009, 06:12 PM

I was trying to call BS out for their BS argument full of BS.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 06:23 PM
That's a lot of BS!

SunnySooner
11/5/2009, 06:33 PM
It's the blue field. They wear all blue uniforms and the little suckers just disappear. It really does need to go, but yeah, no sympathy, they turned us down, screw em. I'm cheering the Frogs at this point. I love purple!

TUSooner
11/5/2009, 06:50 PM
They don't deserve sympathy.
They are a one-trick pony. They play about 1 significant game per year. If they win that single shot, they whine that they've proved their point as they waltz over their conference of pasties. The only reason they gate any respect at all is ONE GAME: They beat OU on a national stage, and shame on us for playing like dry crumbly dog crap for all but 10 minutes of that deal.

Then there's the blue field, which is reason enough to hate and disresepect them until they go green.

BSu can't lose often enough to satisfy me.

That said, if Bob left, I'd consider taking their coach. :D

the_edge
11/5/2009, 08:42 PM
TCU is flat out better, and they proved it in the bowl game last season.

JLEW1818
11/5/2009, 08:44 PM
true

but this is a different season, different players