PDA

View Full Version : Jim Nantz and Wife Divorcing....

SteelClip49
11/5/2009, 11:16 AM
after 26 years and the judge says neither was at fault yet it seems like Jim has to do everything to make her happy.....geeeeez. Freakin Judges suck!

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-people-jimnantz&prov=ap&type=lgns

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP)—CBS sportscaster Jim Nantz must pay $916,000 yearly in alimony and child support to his ex-wife and give up their Connecticut home under terms of a newly issued divorce decree.

The ruling, made Monday in Bridgeport Superior Court, dissolves the 26-year marriage of Nantz and Ann-Lorraine “Lorrie” Carlsen Nantz. It comes after both testified about the breakdown of their marriage; Judge Howard Owens concluded neither was at fault.

Nantz, described by Owens as “our nation’s most prominent sportscaster,” filed for divorce last year from his wife after years of marriage counseling, according to the decree.

Although Nantz, 50, acknowledged he started dating a 29-year-old woman before the divorce was final, the judge concluded the marriage deteriorated years earlier and “this remote event in no way contributed to the breakdown of the marriage.”

Owens noted that the couple didn’t share the same interests in Nantz’s television career, which required frequent travel as the network’s primary commentator for college football, golf and basketball, as well as appearances at charity events.

“In fairness, for most of the years he prioritized his family obligation and put his wife and daughter Caroline first. As frequently happens in marriages of lengthy duration, the parties do not have the same interest and ardor for their spouses’ endeavors,” the judge wrote in his decision.

Under the ruling, Nantz must pay $72,000 in alimony monthly until he dies or his ex-wife remarries, and another $1,000 weekly in child support for the next two years.

Nantz’s attorney, Gaetano Ferro of New Canaan, said Tuesday that the famed sportscaster only wants what’s best for his daughter and will not fight the terms of the divorce decree.

“He always wanted a peaceful resolution of an unfortunate situation,” Ferro said. “He never wanted a trial, never wanted it to come out this way, never wanted a public spectacle. He wants to put it behind him.”

Lorrie Nantz will get their home and a separate condominium in Westport, while Jim Nantz will get their home in Houston and a luxury condominium in the Deer Valley ski resort in Park City, Utah. They were awarded joint custody of Caroline, 15.

He also must pay Caroline’s college expenses until she reaches 23 years old and has to split various joint accounts with Lorrie Nantz, including the current value of his pension through the Screen Actors Guild.

He also must keep his ex-wife listed as beneficiary of a $3 million life insurance policy while he’s still paying alimony and/or child support, and pay $70,000 so she can join any country club of her choice.

She had been seeking more than $1.5 million in yearly alimony and child support.

Court documents cited Jim Nantz’s $3.2 million salary from CBS and other assets, including millions in other income, shared investment accounts, real estate and other property.

Nantz, who started his broadcast career at a local CBS affiliate in Salt Lake City, testified that Lorrie Nantz grew uninterested in his career over time, did not want to attend events that were important to him and didn’t provide the emotional support he desired.

Lorrie Nantz said she went as often as possible, but that those events were not her life’s major interest and her main focus was raising their daughter.

“They’re two good people, and as sometimes happens over 26 years, they grew apart,” Ferro said.

Cynthia George, Lorrie Nantz’s Greenwich-based attorney, said she and her client had no comment except that they were pleased with the decision.

picasso
11/5/2009, 01:07 PM
Can you imagine living with the guy? I wonder if he pops in a bird chirping piano song when talks in the car.

JohnnyMack
11/5/2009, 01:08 PM
I probably couldn't give less of a ****.

Pricetag
11/5/2009, 02:13 PM
He also must keep his ex-wife listed as beneficiary of a $3 million life insurance policy while he’s still paying alimony and/or child support
Fabulous idea here.

badger
11/5/2009, 02:23 PM
Why is it always the guy in the marriage that has the cushy high-paying job, the guy who ends up having to pay huge child support paying, the guy that has the big alimony to pay, the guy that loses the primary residence, etc.?

More of you dudes out there need to look into becoming Mister Moms instead of sportscasters and junk.

Joking aside, sad case. Hope all works out for the family.

OhU1
11/5/2009, 02:24 PM
I met Nantz in 1989 when I was working an OU basketball security gig. Nantz was doing the CBS halftime score show and his station was in the upper deck of LNC for some reason. Nantz would have been 30 and still a few years away from doing the prime jobs.

Everything considered he did not seem like too bad of a guy. However, even when he talked to someone on the phone he talked in "broadcaster voice" and interjected commentary as if he was on the air.

He asked me who Lloyd Noble was. I didn't know the answer. I should have made something up like "he was the inventor of the trailer home". Nantz might have bought that and mentioned the erroneous fact on the air. That would have been a hoot.

yermom
11/5/2009, 02:25 PM
why does she deserve any of his money again?

i mean she got free room and board for 26 years...

KC//CRIMSON
11/5/2009, 02:28 PM
This is so not the Marv Albert story I was hoping for...

TUSooner
11/5/2009, 02:59 PM
Why is it always the guy in the marriage that has the cushy high-paying job, the guy who ends up having to pay huge child support paying, the guy that has the big alimony to pay, the guy that loses the primary residence, etc.?

More of you dudes out there need to look into becoming Mister Moms instead of sportscasters and junk.

Joking aside, sad case. Hope all works out for the family.

Oooh... Irony! That's dangerous in these parts. :D

It is a sad deal, really.

But "Poor Old Jim" (with his 29yo GF) is not exactly going to be sleeping under a bridge. He'll be OK, and I'll not be contributing to his legal defnse fund.

KABOOKIE
11/5/2009, 08:28 PM
why does she deserve any of his money again?

i mean she got free room and board for 26 years...

And I betcha she didn't put out for the last 20 years too.

11/6/2009, 02:06 AM
"Wife."

Been there, had one.

stoopified
11/6/2009, 03:52 PM
I'll be 50 in March,I better start looking fo a girlfriend now.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/6/2009, 04:12 PM
nm

Jello Biafra
11/6/2009, 04:21 PM
Cynthia George, Lorrie Nantz’s Greenwich-based attorney, said she and her client had no comment except that they were pleased with the decision.

i would hope so!!!!

sonufabish....

although he surely wasnt gettin laid after 26 years, he is certainly getting screwed now...916 thousand bucks a year???? plus he gives up the house(s)

okiewaker
11/6/2009, 04:29 PM
Heh, I don't feel so bad now. My ex got crap like the CD stand, recliner, can opener, etc.

olevetonahill
11/6/2009, 04:37 PM
And I betcha she didn't put out for the last 20 years too.

Theres a 15 yr old Kid so she put out to somebody in the last 20 :D

i would hope so!!!!

sonufabish....

although he surely wasnt gettin laid after 26 years, he is certainly getting screwed now...916 thousand bucks a year???? plus he gives up the house(s)

But he gets to keep almost 2 mil a yr
Plus the Alimony is deductible, And he gets 2 houses , Plus he has a 29 yr old :hot:ie fer companionship :cool:

85Sooner
11/6/2009, 07:11 PM
Who wants to bet she doesn't remarry?

TUSooner
11/6/2009, 10:08 PM
But he gets to keep almost 2 mil a yr
Plus the Alimony is deductible, And he gets 2 houses , Plus he has a 29 yr old :hot:ie fer companionship :cool:

:D