PDA

View Full Version : We are going to be facing a Frosh QB

Blitzkrieg
11/5/2009, 10:44 AM
Cody Green is likely the starter over Zac Lee. The kid is green in more than his surname, he has 2 TDs throw to go with 2 ints. He has not seen a set of corners like he is about to see, corners that messed with Reesing and McCoy.

I will give the kid credit as a runner, looks pretty solid. The key to this game is a fast start, get NU out of their comfort zone so they feel pressure to throw in 3rd a long, and this will take care of itself.

27 to 14.

freshchris05
11/5/2009, 10:52 AM
As long as our Dline stays true to her pass rushing lanes and not let him loose it should be easy on the corners...

rawlingsHOH
11/5/2009, 10:56 AM
Nebraska will also be facing a Frosh QB.

OK2U
11/5/2009, 10:59 AM
ESPN:

Will Bo Pelini and Shawn Watson chance starting Cody Green against Oklahoma’s blitz-heavy defense? Brent Venables is one of the savviest defensive coordinators in the conference with a vast collection of defenses he likes to employ. His unit might be like sharks smelling fresh blood as it faces Green in his second career start. Consider that Colt McCoy said that he saw blitzes when playing against Oklahoma earlier this season he had never seen before. And that was in his 45th career college start, when he was knocked to the ground 14 times in the first half of that game and struggled through his most troublesome game of the season against the Sooners. Imagine the challenge facing that defense will provide for the inexperienced Green.

Landry Jones against the Nebraska defense: The Oklahoma redshirt freshman quarterback has been effective since taking over the starting job after Sam Bradford’s injury. But he will be facing a huge challenge against a Nebraska defense that has allowed only eight touchdowns all season. The Cornhuskers have held their last seven opponents to 280 yards or less. And the Cornhuskers have allowed only three touchdown passes all season, tied with Air Force and Penn State for the nation’s best. It will be a tough test for Jones, the nation's leader among all freshman quarterbacks in the with 17 touchdown passes, to attack the Blackshirts.

Blitzkrieg
11/5/2009, 11:02 AM
Landry has been in Dallas x2, Miami, he can handle Lincoln. I just realized Landry has 2 as many Tds as the overhyped Matt Barkley. I think he might be OK.

KRYPTON
11/5/2009, 11:07 AM
Nebbish may throw more TD's for OU than it does for itself. In fact, that's pretty LIKELY given they can't score a TD for themselves, period.

gaylordfan1
11/5/2009, 12:06 PM
I haven't followed NU that much this year. Why is Z. Lee not starting? Injury? Not playing well?

rawlingsHOH
11/5/2009, 12:30 PM
Landry has been in Dallas x2, Miami, he can handle Lincoln. I just realized Landry has 2 as many Tds as the overhyped Matt Barkley. I think he might be OK.

I was just stating the obvious.

goingoneight
11/5/2009, 12:36 PM
Nothing is a gimme this year.

I'll take a W, thank you. I'd love to throttle anyone we play... but I might feel a little relieved if one of these close games finally bounces in our favor.

badger
11/5/2009, 12:36 PM
Dear college football announcers,

We know that Nebraska's quarterback is young, black, and likes to scramble. We know that there is another "young" quarterback out there who is black and likes to scramble. This does not mean you have to mention that he is the "next" of this other "young" quarterback. You do not even need to mention that other "young" quarterback's name, seeing how he does not play college football anymore and unlike Nebraska and Oklahoma, attended a school that has yet to have a Heisman winning quarterback.

So please, leave any and all references to this other "young" quarterback OUT of this Saturday's game. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
-People fed up with the stupid comparison.

jumperstop
11/5/2009, 02:12 PM
Nothing is a gimme this year.

I'll take a W, thank you. I'd love to throttle anyone we play... but I might feel a little relieved if one of these close games finally bounces in our favor.

Last weeks game was closish. We needed two good offensive drives to insure the win. I think the team showed good composure against KSU late in the game. Lets see if we can do it on the road now. Well I would rather have a blow out.

The Maudfather
11/5/2009, 02:13 PM
I haven't followed NU that much this year. Why is Z. Lee not starting? Injury? Not playing well?

Well, the guy is just not a very good QB. He has a rocket for an arm, but the guy is not very accurate, not comfortable in the pocket and just doesn't make very good decisions....all crucial parts of being a QB. lol

A-M
11/5/2009, 03:22 PM
Considering LJ was to the the backup LJ this season, I think he has done a good job for us. I'm looking forward to what he does next year.

Sooner04
11/8/2009, 12:00 AM
I think he might be...........................THE WORST QUARTERBACK SINCE ERIC MOORE!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FaninAma
11/8/2009, 12:15 AM
Landry really hasn't done anything to help this team win in the close games and he's done a lot to help them lose....see Miami, Texas and tonite....with critical turnovers.

rawlingsHOH
11/8/2009, 12:56 AM
Nebraska will also be facing a Frosh QB.

:(