PDA

View Full Version : I will never ever complain about the atmosphere in the LNC again...

Frozen Sooner
11/5/2009, 08:40 AM
...after going to a game at Coleman Coliseum in Tuscaloosa.

5 minutes before scheduled tip and I was able to get a seat in the courtside student section. Like RIGHT on the court. Tickets are FREE to students, by the way.

The crowd didn't seem to know when to or for what to cheer. Apparently the tradition is you hold "Roooooooooolll" until the first time 'Bama scores, but nobody seems to have pointed out that making noise when you're on offense isn't the best way to go about this.

Gym was only about 3/4 full, and it's very much smaller than LNC (at least it seemed to be.)

Mind you, this was for the debut of a brand-new coach who SHOULD generate a lot of excitement: Anthony Grant is a bona fide stud. Sure, the opponent was Montevallo and it was an exhibition game, but I thought a few more people would be stoked to see the new style.

NormanPride
11/5/2009, 11:05 AM
They have the "Football School" blues as well.

OUstud
11/5/2009, 02:00 PM
...after going to a game at Coleman Coliseum in Tuscaloosa.

5 minutes before scheduled tip and I was able to get a seat in the courtside student section. Like RIGHT on the court. Tickets are FREE to students, by the way.

The crowd didn't seem to know when to or for what to cheer. Apparently the tradition is you hold "Roooooooooolll" until the first time 'Bama scores, but nobody seems to have pointed out that making noise when you're on offense isn't the best way to go about this.

Gym was only about 3/4 full, and it's very much smaller than LNC (at least it seemed to be.)

Mind you, this was for the debut of a brand-new coach who SHOULD generate a lot of excitement: Anthony Grant is a bona fide stud. Sure, the opponent was Montevallo and it was an exhibition game, but I thought a few more people would be stoked to see the new style.

The cheerleaders and some of the students still yell "OOO" until we score. Which I've said is retarded for years. Last year we started ignoring the slow clap at tipoff and went with the "OOOU", which was cool.

SoonerAtKU
11/6/2009, 03:24 PM
I think you should start a petition to call it the Coleman Mausoleum. It'd be funny.

Frozen Sooner
11/6/2009, 03:35 PM
I already tried to get the student section called "Grant's Army." That went over poorly.

John Kochtoston
11/6/2009, 03:57 PM
I already tried to get the student section called "Grant's Army." That went over poorly.

Can't imagine why.

King Crimson
11/9/2009, 11:54 PM
anthony grant was indeed a good hire. and Gottfreid had some really good teams. that's Bama.

but, sideways, it proves how underlooked OU's success in hoops over the last 30 years gets no love. in the state, or nationally.

Taxman71
11/12/2009, 04:25 PM
Can't imagine why.

+1

Too bad they didn't hire Anthony Lee.