PDA

View Full Version : The road ahead...

No1Better
11/5/2009, 12:24 AM
I guess the question is, where does OU football go from here? By the time Stoops retires in 2019, expect the following:

OU will become the first school with 200 football All Americans

OU football will produce another 4 Heisman Trophy winners

OU football will win another 8 BIG XII titles

OU football will win another 5 National Titles

OU football will break it's own winning streak of 47 straight, replacing it with 59

OU football will exact extreme payback on SUC...twice

OU will beat tu for 7 years straight

Bob Stoops will reach 200 wins by the close of 2017, with 34 total losses....

OU will not lose for the remainder of Bob's tenure piling up another 61 wins for an astounding 125-2 home record....

Then one day Bob will have a choice - continue or not.

After all of the amazing success, there's nothing left to prove and Bob will hang it up....

But what do I know, I'm just a fan...

Curly Bill
11/5/2009, 12:30 AM
Apparently a drunken fan.

silverwheels
11/5/2009, 12:34 AM
Step away from the PS3.

ousooners182
11/5/2009, 12:43 AM
lmao thats great..no more dynastys on ncaa football 2010 now..

sooner59
11/5/2009, 12:56 AM
I had this exact same dream...

Collier11
11/5/2009, 01:04 AM
I would fully expect atleast 1 more natl title and 4 more conf titles by 2019, atleast

sooner59
11/5/2009, 02:06 AM
I would fully expect atleast 1 more natl title and 4 more conf titles by 2019, atleast

Same here. It will be close on the Heisman as well. We had 4 contenders this decade......Heupel, White, Peterson, Bradford. Two of them won. Not bad. I will also take at least 4-5 more Conferences titles. I think if we win 1 title in that time, we likely play in 3.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 02:21 AM
We need to win one soon, or the friggin' media's gonna act like we're a thing of the past again.

Fraggle145
11/5/2009, 03:06 AM
I had this exact same dream...

Mine was wet... did I say that out loud? :O

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 03:14 AM
Did you have a boner right then?

Fraggle145
11/5/2009, 04:48 AM
Is that weird? :confused:

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 05:20 AM
These days it takes a lot more than that to qualify as weird...or even slightly odd.

Sooner in Tampa
11/5/2009, 06:42 AM
We need to win one soon, or the friggin' media's gonna act like we're a thing of the past again.
:eek: OH NO...THE MEDIA won't like us!!!!

Really though...who gives a **** what the media thinks about us.

jumperstop
11/5/2009, 02:20 PM

Recruits...

SoonerKnight
11/5/2009, 02:26 PM
Really?? Recruits? This is OKLAHOMA FOOTBALL! We have the history and tradition most schools only dream about. This is not the first year that Stoops has lost more than one game in a season and it probably won't be the last but we have the players and coaches to have a NC year every year.

recruits come to Oklahoma because we play in big games. * does not play in big games year in and year out. The fact that our second string almost beat those asstards is ammazing. Recruits also will continue to come here to play for Stoops. He is a winner and a great recruiter.

soonermix
11/5/2009, 02:54 PM
2 quick things...

number 1. bob stoops better win 2 more national championships if he wants to stay in the same discussion as switzer or wilkinson

number 2. i don't think i want to count conference championships anymore when we lose to texas. it seems more to me that they lost the championship more than we won it.

Collier11
11/5/2009, 02:56 PM
most kids dont give a sh*t about tradition anymore, it is all about promises and hype and all that crap

Collier11
11/5/2009, 02:57 PM
and there it is, I have a boner now, thanks guys!

SunnySooner
11/5/2009, 03:05 PM
most kids dont give a sh*t about tradition anymore, it is all about promises and hype and all that crap

Yep, and "where can I go and start as a FR. or SO." or "where can I go to get the most TV time" or "how many of their players go pro". Sad, really, it makes the elite teams have too much in common with the NFL in that respect.

Collier11
11/5/2009, 04:06 PM
TV is the ultimate equalizer, almost any school can promise playing on TV these days

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 05:35 PM

Like someone already said recruiting. But you also have to factor in that while the AP poll is now irrelevant, the Harris poll has a lot of votes from media guys and it DOES count. There's also the problem with if the media isn't liking a team they have less coverage and more strictly regional game broadcasts. That type of thing again affects recruiting and also causes both the coaches and Harris poll voters to be less likely to know as much about the team.

Aside from that, yeah...screw the media. I don't care what they think either aside from the tangential effect they have on the team.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 05:37 PM
and there it is, I have a boner now, thanks guys!

Fraggle? :D

SoonerKnight
11/6/2009, 02:16 PM
This is true but the media has a love/hate relationship with OU. Also, when Stoops came to OU he had to deal with low low expectations of the media and recruit players the old fashion way after all we had been down for a decade. So I think the media realizes that we have had some tough breaks and will most likely have a much improved team next year. I can not see it changing anything. I think Stoops however has a hate/hate relationship with the media. :D

stoopified
11/6/2009, 03:05 PM
Apparently a drunken fan.Works for me and I'll pass you the bottle next.I say let's all get drunk and enjoy the ride.