PDA

View Full Version : FTLOG, can we just add a microphone to college qb's helmets....

Soonerus
11/4/2009, 11:13 PM
...and end this inane process of coming to the line then most of the team looking to the sideline for a play change or the play call ??? Please...

Crucifax Autumn
11/4/2009, 11:27 PM
But...But....

Then there's be no meerkat!

Fraggle145
11/4/2009, 11:48 PM
Death to Meerkats.

Soonerus
11/5/2009, 12:10 AM
Let's have sanity...

GottaHavePride
11/5/2009, 12:38 AM
I'd be in favor of this, except it means schools that can afford it would have a HUGE advantage over schools that can't.

ouwapiti
11/5/2009, 08:56 AM
how about the annoying habit of coaches putting their play sheets over their mouths when they talk..ridiculous........also ridiculous to see three coaches giving signals when you can figure out after about one series who the 'live' coach is....get the headset helmets and end it, man....

SoonerLB
11/5/2009, 09:37 AM
I'd be in favor of this, except it means schools that can afford it would have a HUGE advantage over schools that can't.

The NCAA would never allow it without both teams having it. Much like they do now with headsets, if one team loses communication via headsets, the other team has to take theirs off.

goingoneight
11/5/2009, 09:43 AM
Offenses would vastly improve if they were legal in college. However, it's just one of those college football versus the world kinda things. Like before when they said replay would never work, like playoffs in all other sports except the one where crybabies are rewarded $$$ for mediocre seasons, etc. Who knows if and when it will change.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/5/2009, 11:26 AM
What help would a microphone do? Do the qb's really need to talk to the coaches? I would think earphones would be more helpful.

;)

NormanPride
11/5/2009, 11:28 AM
Don't they turn make sure the headset is inactive during the snap count? Or is that just on extra points and field goals?

sooneron
11/5/2009, 11:30 AM
Don't they turn make sure the headset is inactive during the snap count? Or is that just on extra points and field goals?

Correct. Once a team has broken huddle, the signal is shut off.

Mississippi Sooner
11/5/2009, 11:36 AM
Let's go all old school and make it completely illegal for coaches to call plays. Let's see who the really smart quarterbacks are.

jumperstop
11/5/2009, 02:16 PM
Let's go all old school and make it completely illegal for coaches to call plays. Let's see who the really smart quarterbacks are.

I say we would win our fair share of games considering how smart the QB's coming through here have been and who the QB coach is now.

rawlingsHOH
11/5/2009, 02:42 PM
...and end this inane process of coming to the line then most of the team looking to the sideline for a play change or the play call ??? Please...

Actually that wouldn't have any effect. They turn off communications at a certain point. Audibles don't feed thru the headset.

A-M
11/5/2009, 03:16 PM
Correct. Once a team has broken huddle, the signal is shut off.

And if the team does not huddle, then what?

sooneron
11/6/2009, 11:34 PM
And if the team does not huddle, then what?

then they're ****ed.