PDA

View Full Version : Question For The Coal Experts...

SoonerBK
11/4/2009, 03:53 PM
So what is clean coal anyway?

Fraggle145
11/4/2009, 03:57 PM
meh.

The Maudfather
11/4/2009, 04:31 PM
So what is clean coal anyway?

Diamonds

Boomer.....
11/4/2009, 04:38 PM
Amazing story about a catastrophic collapse of a damn built out of the leftover debris from a "clean coal" plant. It completely covered a small town and river. Of course no one heard about this accident.

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/big-issues/200905/tennessee-sludge-christmas-poison

KantoSooner
11/4/2009, 05:07 PM
Of course. Because the illuminati owned it....through the trilateral commission. And, I heard from someone's brother, the Gnomes of Zurich and the Pope were involved. Maybe the Queen Mum, that dirty dealer, was in on it too.
Clean Coal: take regular coal. Put it in your dishwasher. Run on the 'pots 'n pans' cycle, twice. Voila: clean coal.

humblesooner
11/4/2009, 05:55 PM
Of course. Because the illuminati owned it....through the trilateral commission. And, I heard from someone's brother, the Gnomes of Zurich and the Pope were involved. Maybe the Queen Mum, that dirty dealer, was in on it too.
Clean Coal: take regular coal. Put it in your dishwasher. Run on the 'pots 'n pans' cycle, twice. Voila: clean coal.

I'm impressed that someone on here knows how to spell Walla (Voila) and even how to pronounce it. :D

VA Sooner
11/4/2009, 11:44 PM
Diamonds

This.

AlbqSooner
11/5/2009, 07:20 AM
Lay the coal out on your driveway.
Take your pressure washer and spray it till it is all down the storm sewer down the block.
What remains on your driveway is clean coal.

Explodo
11/5/2009, 08:58 AM
Low sulfur content. MOst of it comes out of the utah area. Warren Buffet just bought the train system that's going to carry most of that low sulfur coal.

KantoSooner
11/5/2009, 10:20 AM
I'm impressed that someone on here knows how to spell Walla (Voila) and even how to pronounce it. :D

You heard me sounding out the words whilst I typed? <looks around with shoulders hunched, beads of paranoia sweat popping out of forehead>

KRYPTON
11/5/2009, 11:00 AM
You asked for it, now pay the price!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasification

You partially oxidize the coal into syngas, which is carbon monoxide and hydrogen. You water-gas-shift the carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide and extra hydrogen. You burn the trace CO and the H2 in a gas turbine to make power. Oh, I left out the bit where all the H2S you make in this thing, which would turn into acid rain, and all the CO2 gets scrubbed out in a DEA stripper.

Yes, that's right- there's a stripper involved.

You end up paying $2-3 billion up front and $80 per megawatt-hour produced instead of $700 million up front and $30-40 per megawatt-hour produced, but the oceans remain in balance and the skies remain cool at least until 2012 when the Mayans will obliterate the universe anyway.

sooner59
11/5/2009, 01:04 PM
Ohhhh.....Coal, not Coale. I'm disappointed.