PDA

View Full Version : Mandels' theoretical plus-one bowl projection

Stitch Face
11/4/2009, 02:35 PM
• Jan. 1 Rose: No. 8 Oregon (Pac-10 champ) vs. No. 11 Penn Sate (replacement)

• Jan. 1 Sugar: No. 1 Florida (SEC champ) vs. No. 4 Cincinnati (Big East champ)

• Jan. 2 Cotton: No. 5 Alabama (first at-large) vs. No. 6 TCU (third at-large)

• Jan. 4 Fiesta: No. 2 Texas (Big 12 champ) vs. No. 3 Iowa (Big Ten champ)

• Jan. 5 Orange: No. 10 Ga. Tech (ACC champ) vs. No. 12 USC (second at-large)

• Jan. 12 title game: Sugar Bowl winner vs. Fiesta Bowl winner

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that USC will easily be playing the best ball of all the two or three or four loss teams at the end of the season.

Statalyzer
11/4/2009, 06:49 PM
USC being by far the highest ranked two-loss team and the only one that's ahead of several one-loss teams is a joke when you actually look at who the two-loss teams have lost to and how they lost.

Preseason rankings matter FAR too much.

TMcGee86
11/4/2009, 07:52 PM
The fact that Boise wouldn't be in after assstomping Oregon who in turn asstomped USC would be a joke imho.

If they went to this format I think there would have to be a rule about the at larges taking the highest ranked teams.

Breadburner
11/4/2009, 08:04 PM
All about the Dollars......

fadada1
11/4/2009, 10:07 PM
so maybe usc loses again... then what??? are they the best 3 loss team? where does it all stop? that's like saying italy was #3 in the axis of evil rankings. they still suck, they still got their asses handed to them, and i'm sure their leader puts big pictures of himself on the outside of the stadium.

VA Sooner
11/4/2009, 11:36 PM
Loss to Oregon was too much for the voters forget. No defense, linebackers were out of position all night and everyone not named Taylor Mays forgot how to tackle. For me... no way does USC doesn't make a BCS bid in the plus one system.