PDA

View Full Version : Thorpe semi-finalist

OK2U
11/4/2009, 12:58 PM
ESPN:
The Big 12's emerging reputation for defense was spotlighted when three players were named on the semifinalist list for the Thorpe Award.

Among the Big 12 players selected include: Oklahoma State cornerback Perrish Cox, Texas safety Earl Thomas and Kansas safety Darrell Stuckey.

The Big 12 matches the Southeastern Conference with three semifinalists for the award, which will be announced Dec. 10 on the Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards Show. The Thorpe Award will be formally presented at a banquet in Oklahoma City next February.

Here's a list of the Thorpe Award semifinalists.

* Javier Arenas, Sr., Alabama
* Eric Berry, Jr., Tennessee
* Barry Church, Sr., Toledo
* Perrish Cox, Sr., Oklahoma State
* Joe Haden, Jr., Florida
* Brandon Harris, So., Miami (FL)
* Taylor Mays, Sr., USC
* Tyler Sash, So., Iowa
* Darrell Stuckey, Sr., Kansas
* Earl Thomas, So., Texas
* Alterraun Verner, Sr., UCLA
* Kyle Wilson, Sr., Boise State

Of course I'm biased, but there seems to be at least one key omission on the list.

picasso
11/4/2009, 01:03 PM
The kid from Bammer is a player.

Fraggle145
11/4/2009, 01:04 PM
Eric Berry was awarded this in the preseason?? :confused:

granted he is a damn fine player...

DakotaSooner
11/4/2009, 01:04 PM
Nothing wrong with the list to me.....Franks is not good enough to be on this list.

OK2U
11/4/2009, 01:10 PM
Stoops said in a recent presser that BJ deserves serious consideration after shutting down Shipley, Briscoe and his string of interceptions.

Okie35
11/4/2009, 01:22 PM
This list is bs... some of those people shouldn't be on there. Mcdaniel from Clemson has the most interceptions in the nation. Awards are slowly losing their credibility. Haden only 2 ints 32 tackles haha what a joke. Eric Berry 38 tackles 1 int. Brian Jackson 31 tackles 4 int? How isn't he on the list? He could even at the bottom of the semifinalists I don't care.

Fraggle145
11/4/2009, 01:37 PM
I was going to say Brian Jackson is having a helluva year...

IMO better than Franks

badger
11/4/2009, 01:38 PM
Yeah, our guy was on the list back in August, but didn't make the cut this time. Ah well. We'd have more guys on the list if they caught a few of those passes they got their paws on :D

Collier11
11/4/2009, 02:29 PM
Mays is there off of reputation, he hasnt been that great this yr when he has played, Bjack should be on there, Perrish Cox should not, Berry is likely the best Def player in the country