PDA

View Full Version : Greetings, Sooner fans!

BigRedTradition
11/4/2009, 10:55 AM
Well, I would like to say Nebraska is getting closer to making a game of it. Defensively, we have come a long way. And I do think Pelini is on his way to being a great coach. (I wanted Gill, but am happy with Pelini)

Offensively, however, there are many problems.

Seems we are stuck in the 'West Coast Spread'. There is still bickering amongst fans about Callahan holdovers, particularly the OC, Shawn Watson.

Some of the more football saavy fans claim that the spread plays we run are not true spread plays, in terms of blocking schemes, etc...

Watson has been accused of being addicted to balance, turning away from the run game when working in lieu of wc dink and dunk passes. And of course you've heard about all of the freshmen starting.

Personally, I do think we are in the midst of a change to a spread option, but I, among others, don't know if Watson is the guy to do it or not...

Cody Green is talented and intelligent, but again, will he be put in a position to use his strengths, or be forced to do things he's less comfortable with?

I hope we can get past the 50 yard line.

Here's to a great game! :)

Collier11
11/4/2009, 10:58 AM
I would be surprised if you guys scored more than 14, hopefully that plays out like I think

Clever Trevor
11/4/2009, 11:08 AM
I welcome any and all of my well-healed brethren to this site of ****ing Hillbillies!

delhalew
11/4/2009, 11:09 AM
Huskers are on the rise

You do need to get back to the run game. I'd like to see you bring back the bone.

Just don't expect us to be your stepping stone:)

Clever Trevor
11/4/2009, 11:12 AM
NU has the tools in place to make a run at the conf championship next year. Book it!

On offense, they need to go to more of a pro set formation and then split one of the backs to the HB for 3rd downs and play out of the shotgun.

BigRedTradition
11/4/2009, 11:17 AM
One thing is for sure...it's a hell of a lot more fun when both teams are at a similar level. And that, sorry to say, is not this year.

But one never knows what can happen...

Fraggle145
11/4/2009, 11:46 AM
Watson has been accused of being addicted to balance, turning away from the run game when working in lieu of wc dink and dunk passes. And of course you've heard about all of the freshmen starting.

Our OC never does this... :rolleyes:

freshchris05
11/4/2009, 01:00 PM
Call me crazy but I think the game will actually be close... I think Nebbish will be up for this game... but if our O gets goin it could get bad...

Fraggle145
11/4/2009, 01:03 PM
Call me crazy but I think the game will actually be close... I think Nebbish will be up for this game... but if our O gets goin it could get bad...

Me too. We are only getting 5.5 points for a reason. Vegas spends a lot more time watching games than I do...

11/4/2009, 01:04 PM
Serious question... how the heck did Nebraska end up being our "respected" rival? I've been to several games in Lincoln and have always appreciated their friendly fans. Still, is it their hospitality that defined this relationship?

Their fans don't pretend to be so friendly with other teams...

Not stirring up anything, just curious. Personally, I think the mutual respect thing is great!

sooneron
11/4/2009, 01:05 PM

When our O actually gets goin against a solid D, it will be the first time this year. Look for the bugeaters to sell out for the run and then drop 7 on passing ydg situations.

Collier11
11/4/2009, 01:19 PM
Me too. We are only getting 5.5 points for a reason. Vegas spends a lot more time watching games than I do...

The reason likely is that their biggest asset is passing D, I believe they are top 10 in the country and that is our strength

The Maudfather
11/4/2009, 01:30 PM
Damn, this game can't get here soon enough. I'm ready for Saturday.

BigRedTradition
11/4/2009, 02:01 PM
Serious question... how the heck did Nebraska end up being our "respected" rival? I've been to several games in Lincoln and have always appreciated their friendly fans. Still, is it their hospitality that defined this relationship?

Not stirring up anything, just curious. Personally, I think the mutual respect thing is great!

I think it's the history that defined the relationship.

Several close games for conference championships. Plus, Switzer and Osborne were/are good friends.

Good to see the torch passed on with Pelini/Stoops.

boomermagic
11/4/2009, 02:07 PM
Huskers are on the rise

You do need to get back to the run game. I'd like to see you bring back the bone.

Just don't expect us to be your stepping stone:)

Nebraska never ran the wishbone as far as I know.. They ran a power I formation and ran option from that but not the Wishbone.

MyT Oklahoma
11/4/2009, 02:09 PM

It's been that way as long as I can remember (1971). My best guess is that both progams pretty much always had classy players.. coaches and fans for the most part. I've always respected their program and I've always look forward to playing them.

P.S. For so many years it was always for the Conference Championship and some years for the National Championship. Those were some great games.

BigRedTradition
11/4/2009, 02:11 PM
Nebraska never ran the wishbone as far as I know.. They ran a power I formation and ran option from that but not the Wishbone.

But TO did use 'some' wishbone even in the 90's.

Every once in a while you would see a play out of the wishbone formation. Very seldom, though.

11/4/2009, 02:53 PM
It seems to be an odd consensus...

We "like" them but we "hate them"... I can dig it.

And with fexas, we can somehow "like" colt...

I love college football!

11/4/2009, 02:54 PM
It's all about the sport. Grin and move on.

texas bandman
11/4/2009, 04:58 PM
I don't like Colt...he goes to * and everything from * sucks.

badger
11/4/2009, 05:03 PM
Good luck Nebraska. :)

And now, for some good-natured trash talking.

Our better is better than your better.

Our record is better than your record.

And our #93 is better than your #93. :D

cjones28
11/5/2009, 03:38 AM
And our #93 is better than your #93. :D

Unpossible. Our #94 is better than your #93 ;)

AlbqSooner
11/5/2009, 07:13 AM
Unpossible. Our #94 is better than your #93 ;)

Just keep posting fat mouth.:rolleyes:

MrJimBeam
11/5/2009, 09:03 AM
But TO did use 'some' wishbone even in the 90's.

Every once in a while you would see a play out of the wishbone formation. Very seldom, though.

I never remember Corn in the wishbone once during the 90's. Of course I was drunk a lot durning the 90's so..........

The Maudfather
11/5/2009, 09:28 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/nlbfnq.jpg

beer4me
11/5/2009, 09:44 AM
I think it's the history that defined the relationship.

Several close games for conference championships. Plus, Switzer and Osborne were/are good friends.

Good to see the torch passed on with Pelini/Stoops.

Yep right on with this.

BigRedTradition
11/5/2009, 02:19 PM
I never remember Corn in the wishbone once during the 90's. Of course I was drunk a lot durning the 90's so..........

It was rare, but did happen at times.

A-M
11/5/2009, 02:31 PM
It's been that way as long as I can remember (1971). My best guess is that both progams pretty much always had classy players.. coaches and fans for the most part. I've always respected their program and I've always look forward to playing them.

P.S. For so many years it was always for the Conference Championship and some years for the National Championship. Those were some great games.

You're a little young to remember, but it was this was in the 1950's also. Before then, I was too young to remember.:P :P

delhalew
11/5/2009, 03:26 PM
For me I go with this example.
Whorns are ignorant, overconfident, scumbags from the state school of a freakin' huge state(read talent pool) the result is a football tradation that is impossible to screw up(completely).=major rivalry based in HATRED.

Huskers are good salt of the earth folks from a school were you gotta work your @ss off to have the kind of tradition they have achieved. A long string of class players and class coaches who fought us for championships on a regular basis=major rivalry based in RESPECT.

soonerborn30
11/5/2009, 03:34 PM
^^^This exactly^^^

meoveryouxinfinity
11/5/2009, 03:46 PM
I think we will lose. By one point, of course.

soonerborn30
11/5/2009, 03:50 PM
But we will easily be the best 4-loss team in the country