PDA

View Full Version : Did you hear Stoops say

beer4me
11/3/2009, 02:40 PM
in a response to a question about the pre-season hype about the OL he said KW said he had confidence in the line. Then Stoops said I never said I had confidence in the line that was all KW.

(not exact wording but close and that was the point he was making)

MamaMia
11/3/2009, 02:49 PM
At the end of the day, it should only matter what Stoops thinks.

beer4me
11/3/2009, 02:51 PM

That is what I am thinking also. If he knew better he should have told KW to stfu and don't be so cocky about it.:confused:

soonervegas
11/3/2009, 02:51 PM
I think that is pretty accurate with what both coaches said prior to fall ball.

I think KW was trying to rally the troops and probably took it a little too far.

MamaMia
11/3/2009, 02:52 PM
That is what I am thinking also. If he knew better he should have told KW to stfu and don't be so cocky about it.:confused:

Maybe he did. :D

BoulderSooner79
11/3/2009, 03:14 PM
I think that is pretty accurate with what both coaches said prior to fall ball.

I think KW was trying to rally the troops and probably took it a little too far.

This is the way I took it as well. It was late in fall camp and it was too late to get much out of challenging them further, so he switched to praise mode. How they were going to actually play in game 1 was pretty much set in stone.

boomermagic
11/3/2009, 03:22 PM
in a response to a question about the pre-season hype about the OL he said KW said he had confidence in the line. Then Stoops said I never said I had confidence in the line that was all KW.

(not exact wording but close and that was the point he was making)

Well, They should state an accurate quote and it is ok for Bob to correct them when they don't.. If I remember correctly Bob actually called out the OL in the media I remember that why don't they ?

rawlingsHOH
11/3/2009, 03:41 PM
Good Cop, Bad Cop.

stoopified
11/3/2009, 04:51 PM
What I do recall is that it was K.Wilson (offensive co-ordinator) praising the o-line and NOT James Patton(o-line coach).To be far the o-line has gone from horrible to average.

Our big mistake IMHO was not opening the season with a Hostess schedule (four staraight cupcakes devoured at home) like UT,Nebraska,KSU,TT and many other schools.Our o-line would have had time to jell.That however is NOT our philosophy under Stoops and Joe C. when it comes to setting the slate.I am betting though that we do not take anymore season opening neutral site games vs. top 20 teams.

fwsooner22
11/3/2009, 04:54 PM
Bingo Stoopified. We are who we are. We can't be cocky about it when we slay the giants if we aren't at least somewhat humbled when they take it to us. We will be fine.

soonerinkaty
11/3/2009, 04:57 PM
You never know what might have been, I am fine with scheduling tough opponents. Our AD has a sack, unlike select other programs.

yermom
11/3/2009, 05:35 PM
What I do recall is that it was K.Wilson (offensive co-ordinator) praising the o-line and NOT James Patton(o-line coach).To be far the o-line has gone from horrible to average.

Our big mistake IMHO was not opening the season with a Hostess schedule (four staraight cupcakes devoured at home) like UT,Nebraska,KSU,TT and many other schools.Our o-line would have had time to jell.That however is NOT our philosophy under Stoops and Joe C. when it comes to setting the slate.I am betting though that we do not take anymore season opening neutral site games vs. top 20 teams.

well, except Nebraska lost to VT on the road, and TT lost @ Houston

yermom
11/3/2009, 05:36 PM
Good Cop, Bad Cop.

yeah, that's what i was thinking. Stoops is the bad cop.

i think we can find someone to throw 10 touchdowns

oudivesherpa
11/3/2009, 05:37 PM
The first game should not be to a Top 20 team. It's OK to have one top 20 team in the first four games, but not 2 (Miami and BYU). Next year I think we have FSU and Cincy. Wins even over cup cake opponents count more than losses to Top 20 teams. If we were 7 wins and one loss right now, we would probably we in the 10 ten and in line for a BCS Bowl.
While I hear that our three losses were by five points to ranked teams, it doesn't help.
Texas and most of the SEC play cup cake non-conference schedules, as long as you win and you are in the Big 12 or SEC you are going to the National Championship game.

StoopTroup
11/3/2009, 06:02 PM
I'm not sure what difference any of it makes at this point.

OU-HSV
11/3/2009, 08:58 PM

In the end...that's an awfully fair statement:D

MI Sooner
11/3/2009, 09:21 PM
The first game should not be to a Top 20 team. It's OK to have one top 20 team in the first four games, but not 2 (Miami and BYU). Next year I think we have FSU and Cincy. Wins even over cup cake opponents count more than losses to Top 20 teams. If we were 7 wins and one loss right now, we would probably we in the 10 ten and in line for a BCS Bowl.
While I hear that our three losses were by five points to ranked teams, it doesn't help.
Texas and most of the SEC play cup cake non-conference schedules, as long as you win and you are in the Big 12 or SEC you are going to the National Championship game.

I agree with most of this, but let's be honest, if we beat Miami and BYU, we're 7-1 with wins over NO (currently) ranked teams. BYU and Miami wouldn't be ranked had they lost to us. BYU flat out sucks.

aero
11/3/2009, 09:41 PM
I would hope that OU would, and could, play anybody, anywhere, anytime and have a high percentage of victory. I don't mind giving a second tier program a shot once a year or so but I'd just as soon see our schedule loaded with quality opponents, win or lose. Are we an elite team or not? And of course I'm a homer, but there's only a handful of teams I consider peers of OU. I could care less what other teams schedule, I like to believe we are at the top of the heap (most years) and should be able to pass the toughest tests. Of course, I could be wrong.

sooneron
11/3/2009, 09:42 PM

Dude, grow a ****ing pair. OU has been scheduling tough nonf con games for a long time now. Do I have an issue with byu out of the gate in dallas? A little, yet we lost that game by ONE FRIGGIN POINT. Same with miami.
Yes, this was a tough schedule at the beginning of the season, but the way the big 12 looks right now (weak) those wins would have helped us, if we were healthy and little bit lucky, we probably would have jumped UFla and Bama.
We're Sooners, we are NOT *

[shaking head and walking away]

sooneron
11/3/2009, 09:43 PM
I would hope that OU would, and could, play anybody, anywhere, anytime and have a high percentage of victory. I don't mind giving a second tier program a shot once a year or so but I'd just as soon see our schedule loaded with quality opponents, win or lose. Are we an elite team or not? And of course I'm a homer, but there's only a handful of teams I consider peers of OU. I could care less what other teams schedule, I like to believe we are at the top of the heap (most years) and should be able to pass the toughest tests. Of course, I could be wrong.

NO, you are friggin right.

o0Dan0o
11/3/2009, 09:55 PM
If we had Gresham in those games we probably would have won all of them. He is for damn sure worth a few points in any game, and the added talent blocking and the quick check down might have kept Sam off the turf. Honestly, if it wasn't for the insane number of injuries this season we would be ranked in the top three, and more importantly we would deserve to be there. As it is, I still think we're top 10 caliber, so it will be fun when we destroy whomever in the bowl game.
Dan

VA Sooner
11/3/2009, 10:01 PM
Checkdown receiver with great hands... we missed having Gresham all season.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/3/2009, 10:07 PM
sooneron and oODanOl, I agree. I rather play the tough schedule. I just got into yesterday with about 7 Texas fans. They said if we scheduled easier games, maybe Bradford wouldn't get hurt. Well, their weak schedule will help them this yr. Most yrs it won't. Our OL hasn't been that bad. Heck if we call a freak'n timeout on 4th and 1 against BYU, we may win that game. We can't count on our QB to expect the backside rush all time and get the ball knocked out against Miami. We are just a few plays away. Yeah, we are 5-3. We can't change that. We just didn't get the breaks this yr.