PDA

View Full Version : So in Austin they are saying....

GoSoonersGo
11/3/2009, 01:17 PM
That Oklahoma is on their way out. Our talent is drying up and Texas will be the only team worth anything in the B12 south. All according to 104.9 "The Horn". What tools!!!

JLEW1818
11/3/2009, 01:18 PM
lol

silly horns

OUDoc
11/3/2009, 01:30 PM
Damn! I really liked OU football. :(

:D

yermom
11/3/2009, 01:31 PM
maybe we'll revisit this when the biggest play by their QB against us isn't a tackle

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/3/2009, 01:31 PM
Dear God, please let these ****ers get the **** kicked out of them. Amen.

Leroy Lizard
11/3/2009, 01:34 PM
There is only one cure: Beat them next year. We will have an experienced QB and they won't. No excuses.

JLEW1818
11/3/2009, 01:35 PM
I'd like to see Spikes vs Kolt

TXBOOMER
11/3/2009, 01:46 PM
There is only one cure: Beat them next year. We will have an experienced QB and they won't. No excuses.

How do you know? His shoulder might get knocked out by a Florida State player before we play those MF'ers.

picasso
11/3/2009, 01:48 PM
Wow, that sounds like what we were saying about them in 2004.

Is Colt playing again next year?

PDXsooner
11/3/2009, 01:50 PM
yea, after that 3-point beatdown this year it sure looked that way. this is a rivalry of streaks. next year we'll beat them to start a 10 year winning streak against them.

NormanPride
11/3/2009, 01:54 PM
You'd think they won by 20+ with the way they talk. You beat okie LITE by 20+, you silly horns.

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2009, 01:54 PM
So in Austin they are usually saying: Come on bigboy, I shaved my sack and have my ankles behing my ears...Ram it home stud!

beer4me
11/3/2009, 01:58 PM
What do expect them to say...their whorns after all :cool:

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2009, 02:07 PM
What do expect them to say...their whorns after all :cool:

I think my quote was more accurate and more likely to come true! :D

Seamus
11/3/2009, 02:09 PM

^^^
This.

fwsooner22
11/3/2009, 02:24 PM
Didn't we hear the same $$$$ from Nebraska about 12 years ago. Goes around comes around. How soon they forget. Nobody does less with more talent than*.

Jello Biafra
11/3/2009, 02:26 PM
That Oklahoma is on their way out. Our talent is drying up and Texas will be the only team worth anything in the B12 south. All according to 104.9 "The Horn". What tools!!!

says the fan base that anually bitches and moans that we come into their state and steals some of the best recruits in the nation...NATION mind you. yeh talent pool is drying up alright...

they cant have it both ways...which is it? texas has the best high school football on the planet or our talent is drying up? we still get our big fish out of texas just like its always been...
always
been.

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2009, 02:34 PM
Those turds just make anything up they can think of. Seems to me they should be more concerened with their own team than bagging on the one that almost beat them with second-stringers, a new O-line, and several guys that were playing hurt.

boomermagic
11/3/2009, 03:46 PM
So, They are saying that in Texas ? Imagine that s##t...

beer4me
11/3/2009, 03:51 PM

True but very distrubing :D :D :D :D

Collier11
11/3/2009, 03:52 PM

Guess they missed our last two recruiting classes?

Okie35
11/3/2009, 03:57 PM
hahahhaha are they idiots? scratch that ...

TexasLidig8r
11/3/2009, 04:00 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that anyone can throw up an anonymous post on a website... and you people take it as gospel truth... no quotes, no links, no request for additional information.... :rolleyes:

Ou is going to be good for years to come. Anyone who knows college football and even remotely follows recruiting knows this to be the case.

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2009, 04:06 PM
So are you saying a guy in Georgetown can't hear the radio right or what? Sports radio always says stupid shat like this and there's nothing wrong with us saying they are idiots. Much like we do with the Daily Oklahoman or even our radio broadcasters and Sports Animal. I don't need a link or a sound file to say they are all retarded and usually wrong.

Collier11
11/3/2009, 04:28 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that anyone can throw up an anonymous post on a website... and you people take it as gospel truth... no quotes, no links, no request for additional information.... :rolleyes:

Ou is going to be good for years to come. Anyone who knows college football and even remotely follows recruiting knows this to be the case.

Cus that is all it is, merely a quote from someone who follows/writes about/talks about ut. No reason to make a big deal but we can still react to it

Speer
11/3/2009, 05:44 PM

It never ceases to amaze me that you're amazed by anonymous posts on an OU board bashing UT.

Stop acting so aggie.

soonervegas
11/3/2009, 05:50 PM
Is this the same fan base that cheered when Bradford went down?

NormanPride
11/3/2009, 05:54 PM
lol dem stupid gooners r goin down next yeer and i think they scuk without bradford and they dont have fake mccoy no more lol theys uck

;)

StoopTroup
11/3/2009, 05:59 PM
Once they have hung 6 in a row on us...they can start talking...until then...they are still the same bunch of gas bags they have always been

StoopTroup
11/3/2009, 06:00 PM
It never ceases to amaze me that you're amazed by anonymous posts on an OU board bashing UT.

Stop acting so texas aggie.

Fixed.

prrriiide
11/3/2009, 06:03 PM
Team Rankings

1. Oklahoma (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=667&yr=2010) 25 Big 12 (javascript:__doPostBack('Cell-1$Grid$ctl03$LinkButton1','')) 4140
2. Texas (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=669&yr=2010) 20 Big 12 (javascript:__doPostBack('Cell-1$Grid$ctl04$LinkButton1','')) 4107

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2010

Emfinger and Rivals have us at 4th, and ESPiN has us at 8th with 5(!!) SEC teams ahead of us.

Wow. We suck. What a buncha buttnuggets.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/3/2009, 06:41 PM
You'd think they won by 20+ with the way they talk. You beat okie LITE by 20+, you silly horns.

LOL Ask them how much we beat OSU by last year.
:rolleyes:

bluedogok
11/3/2009, 09:09 PM
So in Austin they are usually saying: Come on bigboy, I shaved my sack and have my ankles behing my ears...Ram it home stud!
I think DON'T RIP MY SACK is what they are usually saying....

You know every fan base has their percentage of morons, it just seems UT has a higher percentage than most. I hear a little bit of it but most of the UT alums that I know down here are not as delusional as the "tailgate fans" which has no clue who most of their own players are that permeates the UT fan base. I just shake my head at most of them and laugh.

I also don't listen to the crap called sports talk down here, so those aren't the few that I heard that kind of drivel from.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/3/2009, 10:22 PM
Oh yeah, they are some tools.....It makes it toughre being a Sooner right in the middle of Austin. I grew up in OK, but I have a HS classmate that works in the UT athletic dept. He is pretty level headed, but the rest.....OMG !!!

VA Sooner
11/3/2009, 10:28 PM
maybe we'll revisit this when the biggest play by their QB against us isn't a tackle

So true.

Can't believe the turning point of the game was the tackle by Colt on Jackson.

the_sooners_abide
11/3/2009, 10:28 PM
If OUr o-line doesn't man-up soon, they may be on to something. i like our chances though with all of our freshman playing meaningful snaps this year.

Collier11
11/3/2009, 10:34 PM
our O line has played pretty well the last few games

the_sooners_abide
11/3/2009, 10:41 PM
yeah, but we're losing three of the guys that have played a lot this year on the line...trent williams, brian simmons and brody eldridge

Collier11
11/3/2009, 10:44 PM
We are getting back 4 that play alot, we will be better off next yr than this

the_sooners_abide
11/3/2009, 11:00 PM
i hope so. our receivers should be pretty good next year too. if the o-line improves, a tight end emerges, and d.murray returns and gets help from j. miller or j. calhoun, our offense should be scary again.

patzer
11/3/2009, 11:14 PM
"The Horn" began broadcasting with a sports format on Monday. It's brand new. Nobody down here in Austin even knows it exists.

Texas has idiot fans. OU has idiot fans. Texas will continue to be good. OU will continue to be good. Let's all just agree to that and get back to laughing at USC.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
11/4/2009, 12:28 AM

"Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it."

Jmorales22
11/4/2009, 12:44 AM
I remember reading about some interview with a Texas OL after the 2005 win with VY.... he said he saw this as a changing of the guard in the Big XII.

All that happened after that was that OU won a record 3 straight big 12 championships...

soonerboy_odanorth
11/4/2009, 12:58 AM
A sage person once said to me: I just want this one (2004) for five in a row. With what we are losing next year we won't have much of a chance. And then we may have to have a little back and forth before we take over again.

Texas, losing McCoy and Shipley, and returning very little to no running game, should be mindful of such contributors to the "streakiness" of this series since WWII.

Fraggle145
11/4/2009, 01:01 AM

It's probably going to be his "Heisman Moment" :D

PDXsooner
11/4/2009, 02:01 AM
is chance mock finally going to start next year?

TJKDone
11/4/2009, 03:28 AM
we still get our big fish out of texas just like its always been...
always
been.

No you don't and haven't since our Rose Bowl win over Michigan. Your talent pool has deplenished over the last 5 years. Sure you get players out of Texas each year, but so do many other programs. You need 5-10 players that we are recruiting to beat us consistently. I'm not sure you've gotten 5-10 players we've been recruiting over the last 5 years combined. That is your current problem and things won't change until that does.

It is hilarious though to think that OU football is going away with Stoops at the helm. He is the best coach in the nation at maximizing his player's ability. Without him I think you guys could tank and pretty quickly.

Hook'em

King Crimson
11/4/2009, 03:31 AM
for you noobs, Texas fan was talking internet **** in the summer of 00 about how we'd never beat Mack and Mr. Football would seal the borders and such.

OU dropped a benevolent 60 on UT that year in Dallas.

Fraggle145
11/4/2009, 03:40 AM
*cough* 63 *cough*

11/4/2009, 03:45 AM
So by their logic, Nebraska must also be on their way out. Teams like Boise State and TCU are the future of college football.

Horns...:rolleyes:

GKeeper316
11/4/2009, 04:57 AM
all they talk about in austin is how good the sweat off bevo's balls tastes

Sooner70
11/4/2009, 07:27 AM
That's just hoping & a lot of wishful thinking on Texas folks' part. Every program has cycles, and OU had down years with Blake, Schnelly, & Gibbs kinda. Texas' program has had their down years too. In the early 2000's, when Mack Brown was getting all the 5 star super recruits out of TX & couldn't do anything with them and OU was kicking the Whorns out of the Cotton Bowl every year in Oct. to the tune of 5 in a row, folks were ready to run clappin Mack out of town on a rail. Now, since he won the NC in 2005, he's the Bevo Messiah. Brown is a good coordinator, media man, recruiter, and front man (and sideline clapper), but not sure he's that much of a technician.....BUT whatever works. He surrounds himself with good players & coaches....Muschamp was a great move.

OU's program is fine. Except for a few key injuries & plays that coulda went either way, OU would still be in the hunt & TX may be sitting on the sidelines. It's CFB & it happens. The people in Okla ain't worried one bit. Living in TX & being around lots of Whornsfans, I put up with a lot. Lately, it's been "....is Stoops catching heat??..." To their surprise, I answer largely "NO". I'll take a coach that can bring you to 4 NC games over the last decade over one that can bring you to half that many any day. Sure, I'd like to have won some of the last BCS games, but we're there.

Nope, OU's program doesn't have some kind of terminal disease. May have a few hiccups here & there, but... It's healthy as ever & growing. The machine is in place and has been, will be for the forseeable future. It's how OU operates. A great AD in JC and a great coach in Bob Stoops, and it will continue. Great coaching talent wants to come to OU, because they know they'll be recognized and can advance. Look at how many college head coaches have come out of OU lately. Someone's going to tell me that a school that cranks that out is on the decline? Puhlessssse!

TJK....last time I checked the last coupla Heisman winning QB's that played for OU weren't from Texas.

the_sooners_abide
11/4/2009, 08:28 AM
What are these horn d-bags talking about? OU is in much better shape for 2010 than they are...unless the NCAA grants colt and shipley a 10th year of eligibility.

TexasLidig8r
11/4/2009, 09:16 AM
So by their logic, Nebraska must also be on their way out.

When was the last time you looked at Nebraska?

They are in deep crapola.

They can no longer take advantage of Prop 48 and partial qualifiers. The proliferation of speed athletes and spread offenses has resulted in the best high school athletes going to warm weather schools.

The skill athletes they used to get from California are staying on the West Coast now and playing for the USCs and Oregons and Cals.

The last time Nebraska was consistently relevant, the high school seniors were about 6 years old.

It seems the Big XII conference has been a goldmine for every school... except for one.

OUDoc
11/4/2009, 09:22 AM
No you don't and haven't since our Rose Bowl win over Michigan. Your talent pool has deplenished over the last 5 years. Sure you get players out of Texas each year, but so do many other programs. You need 5-10 players that we are recruiting to beat us consistently. I'm not sure you've gotten 5-10 players we've been recruiting over the last 5 years combined. That is your current problem and things won't change until that does.

Whatever. As I told you in my neg, we had every chance in the world to beat you this year and WE blew it. With a backup redshirt freshman QB no less. Comfort yourself however you need.

Collier11
11/4/2009, 09:24 AM

It is hilarious though to think that OU football is going away with Stoops at the helm. He is the best coach in the nation at maximizing his player's ability. Without him I think you guys could tank and pretty quickly.

Hook'em

we got 5 guys that you were recruiting last yr numbskull, dont run around saying stuff without actually knowing what you are talking about. Like someone said, its not like you are dominating the series like we were. The last two yrs were easily winnable games that ended up going your way.

Jello Biafra
11/4/2009, 09:50 AM
we got 5 guys that you were recruiting last yr numbskull, dont run around saying stuff without actually knowing what you are talking about. Like someone said, its not like you are dominating the series like we were. The last two yrs were easily winnable games that ended up going your way.

with some help....think buffalo wild wings commercials...

i have nothing else to say to that. if you think we havent come up with 5 recruits that we have gone head to head with you asss crackers with....god bless your little heart.

Jello Biafra
11/4/2009, 09:53 AM
When was the last time you looked at Nebraska?

They are in deep crapola.

They can no longer take advantage of Prop 48 and partial qualifiers. The proliferation of speed athletes and spread offenses has resulted in the best high school athletes going to warm weather schools.

The skill athletes they used to get from California are staying on the West Coast now and playing for the USCs and Oregons and Cals.

The last time Nebraska was consistently relevant, the high school seniors were about 6 years old.

It seems the Big XII conference has been a goldmine for every school... except for one.

and they'll still get theirs. reguardless of what LosuR thinks, tradition matters to some recruits and the history nebbish has, will bring talent to their doorstep. if air force and teams like that can run the option successfully, nebraska can and will blow the doors off people with it.

Collier11
11/4/2009, 09:55 AM
with some help....think buffalo wild wings commercials...

i have nothing else to say to that. if you think we havent come up with 5 recruits that we have gone head to head with you asss crackers with....god bless your little heart.

I would guess without looking it up that last yr we got atleast 10 guys or more that ut was recruiting, same with them...thats the way it goes

soonervegas
11/4/2009, 09:59 AM
Circa early 2008 Baton Rouge, LA.

We have beaten Florida 3 out of the last 4 and have just won our 2nd national title. Florida just got pounded by Michigan with a coach on his way out. That streak from 1998-2003 where they won 5 out of 6 is a distant memory. We are locking down our state in recruiting and kids from North Florida and Alabama are going to want to come to LSU too. The tide has turned and Florida is going to have a hard time getting back up, regardless of what the history of this rivalry says.

Speer
11/4/2009, 10:22 AM

Deplenished!?!?!?!.......brilliant sunshine, just brilliant.

TexasLidig8r
11/4/2009, 10:24 AM
and they'll still get theirs. reguardless of what LosuR thinks, tradition matters to some recruits and the history nebbish has, will bring talent to their doorstep. if air force and teams like that can run the option successfully, nebraska can and will blow the doors off people with it.

But.. will they commit to the power option game? if so, then yes, they can get the top of the line high school athletes not suited to the spread offenses being run now.

That still leaves questions on the defense where the old, traditional Nebraska defenses, relying on strength and size, will get torched by spread offenses. They need to recruit speed on this side of the ball.

I hope they do come back. The Big XII is so much better with a power presence in the north.

soonervegas
11/4/2009, 10:36 AM

Hook'em

Dude you are headed for a severe reality check.

Jello Biafra
11/4/2009, 10:50 AM
But.. will they commit to the power option game? if so, then yes, they can get the top of the line high school athletes not suited to the spread offenses being run now.

That still leaves questions on the defense where the old, traditional Nebraska defenses, relying on strength and size, will get torched by spread offenses. They need to recruit speed on this side of the ball.

I hope they do come back. The Big XII is so much better with a power presence in the north.

i think pellini will right the ship with the defense. all it will take is the old school approach with the defensive front 7 and a few "good" dbacks. couple that with an old school approach to run first approach to offense, we will see a marked improvement with them offensively. when they went to the west coast spread with whats his nuts...i was thinking to my self, there is no way in helll they will be able to get the talent needed to run that offense at nebraska.

christ on a stick, did i just agree with lid?

35-45
11/4/2009, 10:58 AM

That's what you said after Vince left in 05. Guess what ? Inexperienced Colt beat OU in 06.

Texas has beaten OU:
4 out of the last 5

Alltime record - 59-40-5

Choke on it. OU is dominated by Texas.

Oh, yeah - Wait until Basketball. More domination.

Collier11
11/4/2009, 11:01 AM
If you guys want to lay claim to the all time series that is fine, you can have it. The problem with that is, we are dominating what counts which is Conf titles and natl titles. Hate to break it to you but as much as I hate losing to ut, it doesnt typically matter that much cus we win big with or without beating you guys

adoniijahsooner
11/4/2009, 11:03 AM
I think the power-I was/is a great offense. If Nebraska had tommie frazier L. Phillips, and Mackovica who would be able to stop them from bulldozing the big 12?

Basically you can recuit those type of players to Nebraska, and you don't need players like Barkley, Bradford, or a Claussen to run that type ofoffense to be successful. Look at G-Tech

delhalew
11/4/2009, 11:04 AM
One word for the whorns...desperation.

The one powerhouse they play annually scares the bejesus out them. What a bunch of vagines.

adoniijahsooner
11/4/2009, 11:13 AM
That's what you said after Vince left in 05. Guess what ? Inexperienced Colt beat OU in 06.

Texas has beaten OU:
4 out of the last 5

Alltime record - 59-40-5

This time you lose more than Vince. You lose 3 seniors off the line, Shipley, Colt, Sergio, Muck, L. Houston, and maybe a few more to the penal system.

you see how much losing quan set you back this year on offense, so don't be so overconfident going into 2010.

Collier11
11/4/2009, 11:17 AM
Look at G-tech without even having a true option QB running that offense

Collier11
11/4/2009, 11:18 AM
This time you lose more than Vince. You lose 3 seniors off the line, Shipley, Colt, Sergio, Muck, L. Houston, and maybe a few more to the penal system.

you see how much losing quan set you back this year on offense, so don't be so overconfident going into 2010.

Oh but im sure they play Arkie state, edmond north high school, austin special educational middle school, and wyoming next yr so they will have time to gel

OUDoc
11/4/2009, 11:19 AM

Texas has beaten OU:
4 out of the last 5

Alltime record - 59-40-5

How many national and conference championships?
Choke on it.

Collier11
11/4/2009, 11:21 AM
how many penises in yer mouth, choke on it

adoniijahsooner
11/4/2009, 11:22 AM
Oh but im sure they play Arkie state, edmond north high school, austin special educational middle school, and wyoming next yr so they will have time to gel

while we play @ Cincy, Air force, FSU. Wow what a schedule the poserful horns have to contend with next year.

adoniijahsooner
11/4/2009, 11:25 AM
It's funny how they try and make 4 out of 5 sound like 5 in row.

Fraggle145
11/4/2009, 11:57 AM
Its funny how they try to make games played in leather helmets, when touchdowns were worth 5 points relevant to modern football.

TexasLidig8r
11/4/2009, 12:17 PM
i think pellini will right the ship with the defense. all it will take is the old school approach with the defensive front 7 and a few "good" dbacks. couple that with an old school approach to run first approach to offense, we will see a marked improvement with them offensively. when they went to the west coast spread with whats his nuts...i was thinking to my self, there is no way in helll they will be able to get the talent needed to run that offense at nebraska.

christ on a stick, did i just agree with lid?

Don't you feel more erudite now? :D

picasso
11/4/2009, 12:27 PM

Texas has beaten OU:
4 out of the last 5

Alltime record - 59-40-5

We aren't dominated by anything. I'm 40 years old and our record vs. your pompous designer jean starched shirt cowboy boot wearin fashion nugget arss looks pretty even.
Bob Stoops actually kicked your arsses so much in the first half of this decade it forced your silver haired hillbilly coach to get better!

Just be glad Bradford was injured and that our linebackers have hands of stone.

Otherwise we'd be in first place right now in our rebuilding year.

Bitch.

:pop:

TJKDone
11/4/2009, 12:51 PM
We aren't dominated by anything.
Just be glad Bradford was injured and that our linebackers have hands of stone.

LOL.

Just like last year. OU and the "greatest offense of all time" got beat in the RRS, won a "championship" on a technicality, and lost again in their BCS bowl finishing behind us in the final rankings.

Wiping the sweat right now!

Hook'em

picasso
11/4/2009, 12:59 PM
LOL.

Just like last year. OU and the "greatest offense of all time" got beat in the RRS, won a "championship" on a technicality, and lost again in their BCS bowl finishing behind us in the final rankings.

Wiping the sweat right now!

Hook'em

Dude you're a football idiot if you don't think we win the game if a certain OU outside LB can catch the ball. Your Heisman runner up QB threw 3 pick 6's in the game this year. We simply failed on accepting those kind gifts.

Again, you played great but don't act like it wouldn't have mattered had Bradford not been in there.

Care to take us on with Chiles at QB?

pffft.

TJKDone
11/4/2009, 01:17 PM
Dude you're a football idiot if you don't think we win the game if a certain OU outside LB can catch the ball. Your Heisman runner up QB threw 3 pick 6's in the game this year. We simply failed on accepting those kind gifts.

You weren't the only team failing to accept gifts.

With your line, which will be very suspect again next year, you wouldn't have beaten us with Joe Montana.

Hook'em

Jmorales22
11/4/2009, 01:25 PM
Texas has won 4 of 5 mostly by luck... OU shows up in 2006 with a wide receiver at QB, wins in 2007, loses a key LB in 2008, and shows up with half the team in 2009 and Tejas STILL has to come back at halftime to win those.

During the 5 game winning streak, it was total domination. 60 points+ multiple times, a shutout, continual humiliation. The 4 out of 5 does not make up for that for UT fans. They'll never get OU back for those embarrassments and whenever the whorn luck has run out, and the field is even, UT loses.

picasso
11/4/2009, 01:26 PM
You weren't the only team failing to accept gifts.

With your line, which will be very suspect again next year, you wouldn't have beaten us with Joe Montana.

Hook'em

Yes because with Sam in there we didn't march down the field on the first drive.

You're even dumber than I thought.

picasso
11/4/2009, 01:28 PM
Texas has won 4 of 5 mostly by luck... OU shows up in 2006 with a wide receiver at QB, wins in 2007, loses a key LB in 2008, and shows up with half the team in 2009 and Tejas STILL has to come back at halftime to win those.

During the 5 game winning streak, it was total domination. 60 points+ multiple times, a shutout, continual humiliation. The 4 out of 5 does not make up for that for UT fans. They'll never get OU back for those embarrassments and whenever the whorn luck has run out, and the field is even, UT loses.

I'm not taking anything away from those Texas wins. They have our number right now but they are not dominating us.
I'll bet money some UT fans arseholes are still a bit puckered up after this year's game.

Speer
11/4/2009, 01:31 PM

Hook'em

Why? Do you think our o-line is deplenishing?

TJKDone
11/4/2009, 01:36 PM
Yes because with Sam in there we didn't march down the field on the first drive.

You're even dumber than I thought.

I am not the one claiming that a team beaten by BYU and Miami is championship quality with a couple more players. BYU isn't a top 25 team and their fearsome D killed Sam. Your line this year is good for 4 to 5 losses. That isn't crazy, its reality.

But hey it is better that you, Stoops and the influential alumni think so. Anything that Keeps Wilson and Venebals running the offense and defense (and the players off). That will keep things as they have been.

Hook'em

picasso
11/4/2009, 01:40 PM
I am not the one claiming that a team beaten by BYU and Miami is championship quality with a couple more players. BYU isn't a top 25 team and their fearsome D killed Sam. Your line this year is good for 4 to 5 losses. That isn't crazy, its reality.

But hey it is better that you, Stoops and the influential alumni think so. Anything that Keeps Wilson and Venebals running the offense and defense (and the players off). That will keep things as they have been.

Hook'em

Actually the strength coach is the one who runs the players off.

We would have beaten BYU with Sam (lest you forget an inexperienced QB got a delay penalty on the 1 yard line).
I'm also betting Sam would not have thrown quite as many pics vs. your fine team this year.
Congrats on the win prick.

FaninAma
11/4/2009, 02:05 PM

Texas has beaten OU:
4 out of the last 5

Alltime record - 59-40-5

Anybody else think that all these whorn fans coming out of the woodwork are administration approved trolls....all except LID of course.

TJKDone
11/4/2009, 02:15 PM
Congrats on the win prick.

No reason to lose heart casso.

I'm sure the OL will recover from its deplenished state. I don't understand and believe it is acceptable for a program like OU to be in the position it is on the OL. Having to move a 265 pound true frosh from TE to center? That should happen at Iowa St. in a down year with unexpected injuries for them.

If the strength coach is the reason you guys have to sacrifice two seasons being competitive on a conference/national level then you should get a new guy in there. Is the strength guy that good?

Hook'em

GoSoonersGo
11/4/2009, 02:17 PM
The HORN used to be 1300TheZone in Austin, Aaron Hogan and crew have been saying the same stuff for years. So this guy in Georgetown did hear the radio right and they truly believe that OU is losing ground and that our better years are behind us for a while. That is why I posted this....the lack of respect kills me. I have lived here for 15 years, when we were beating them early in the decade these same DJ's were sucking up big time, now that we are going through a rough patch, they totally dismiss us. Bad press...but hey ESPN never has been a fan of OK Football.....

TexasLidig8r
11/4/2009, 02:25 PM
The HORN used to be 1300TheZone in Austin, Aaron Hogan and crew have been saying the same stuff for years. So this guy in Georgetown did hear the radio right and they truly believe that OU is losing ground and that our better years are behind us for a while. That is why I posted this....the lack of respect kills me. I have lived here for 15 years, when we were beating them early in the decade these same DJ's were sucking up big time, now that we are going through a rough patch, they totally dismiss us. Bad press...but hey ESPN never has been a fan of OK Football.....

The difference seems to be not so much with Stoops, but with your coordinators.

Does Kevin Wilson put the fear of God into anyone? It's not like he's Leach or Mangino the Hutt or hell. even Chuck Long.

As for Venables, his defensive scheme at the start of the Texas game this year was very good... but, and as he has shown in other games, he is not good at making in game adjustments.

Of course, there is also a big difference between Ou playing in the State of Oklahoma and outside the state... a .500 record over the course of your last 30 games is definitely something to be concerned about.

Finally, there are some concerning stats that show that Ou has not done well at all in close games over the course of the past few years.

Is Ou going to go on a Nebraska like slide under Stoops? No.
Are there some signficant issues that need to be addressed though?....

Collier11
11/4/2009, 02:27 PM
Actually Lid, Venables is good at in game adjustments, the problem has always been that it takes him too long to make the adjustments

picasso
11/4/2009, 04:34 PM
No reason to lose heart casso.

Hook'em

Hey my bad. It's been one of those days.

Statalyzer
11/4/2009, 06:53 PM
OU shows up in 2006 with a wide receiver at QB

Paul Thompson was a QB who was temporarily switched to WR for less than a full season. For part of 2005, he was QB playing WR. He was never a WR playing QB.

47straight
11/4/2009, 07:22 PM
Paul Thompson was a QB who was temporarily switched to WR for less than a full season. For part of 2005, he was QB playing WR. He was never a WR playing QB.

I guess you disagree with Mack. Mack said he was a WR. Who is wrong, you or Mack?

47straight
11/4/2009, 07:26 PM
Again, I have to emphasize that ESPN Radio Austin (formerly 1530, 104.9) is populated by the absolute worst homer-wannabe jackass horns ever.

They try to be a bigger homer radio station than the official longhorn sports station in town in a desperate attempt to someday BE the official longhorn sports station. It's a race to the bottom of who can be more snarky, more homer, more ignorant, more trash-talking about the sooners.

Geoff Ketchum, orangebloods.com panderer, wrote this year that Stoops used to, does now, and always will envy Mack's team. He also invents dirty rumors about recruits who don't sign with Texas after he sold subscriptions to orangebloods with "inside" information that they were going to sign. I could go on and on and on.

This station epitomizes all the disgusting traits we see from the horns.

Sasakwa
11/5/2009, 12:35 AM
Nobody does less with more talent than*.

Pete Carrol says hi.

Curly Bill
11/5/2009, 12:42 AM

Hook'em

Damn it whorn, you make a good point there. :mad:

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 01:33 AM
Come on CB...Don't feed the cow.

cjones28
11/5/2009, 03:32 AM
So this is like how USC had dried up in the late 90s?

prrriiide
11/5/2009, 07:54 AM

Hook'em

You nutless idiot.

Adrian Peterson
Jamarkus McFarland
Kevin Brent
Jonathon Miller
Stephen Good
R.J. Washington
Cory Brandon
Demarcus Granger
Malcolm Kelly
Rhett Bomar

That's only going back 5 years and naming off the top of my head. Now, it's time to shut off the computer, get your woobie and climb into bed.

picasso
11/5/2009, 10:18 AM
Yeah I missed that post. Kind of funny when you look at the recruiting class we have right now.

Them Sooners are dried up.

Collier11
11/5/2009, 10:32 AM
Yep, sure looks like we are in a slide

and of those 25 recruit commitments, ut was recruiting atleast 10-15 of them so...I realize you are a longhorn fan, therefore you arent very in touch with reality but you cant just say stuff and act like it is true

11/5/2009, 10:50 AM
No one, with a brain, in Texas believes OU is slipping. OU is the biggest game on the Texas schedule and they know it. If they felt OU was slipping their attitude toward the game, itself, would change. It has not. It is fine to let yourself get worked up for the sake of discussion but know that the real fans hold OU in very high regard and respect what Coach Stoops has done and will continue to do in Oklahoma.

Yes, it does burn the Texans when a kid chooses OU over Texas. The little rivalries make the game even that much more fun.

No, I do not believe the Texas fans were cheering because Bradford went down. They were cheering the sack and the celebration. It was quiet when Bradford was leaving the field. Many Texans already respected Bradford's ability but I also believe his "I am Second" commercial changed a lot of Texan's minds about him. It is very hard to cheer against a kid who is humble and seems to have it all figured out.

Collier11
11/5/2009, 10:56 AM
texas fans and humble dont mix

47straight
11/5/2009, 11:07 AM
But talking recruiting smack on 104.9 will drive the longhorn zombies to sign up and payfor all the great recruiting "information" on orangebloods.com. That's what is really going on here.

the_sooners_abide
11/5/2009, 11:16 AM
these horns are idiots. they're losing a lot more after this season than we are. OUr young guys are playing meaningful minutes this year, theirs aren't. in fact, our RS FR QB's stats are almost identical to Colt's...and he's played against tougher teams! they act like they beat us by 50 instead of us dropping 3 int's. morons.

11/5/2009, 11:29 AM
these horns are idiots. they're losing a lot more after this season than we are. OUr young guys are playing meaningful minutes this year, theirs aren't. in fact, our RS FR QB's stats are almost identical to Colt's...and he's played against tougher teams! they act like they beat us by 50 instead of us dropping 3 int's. morons.

OU is losing: 3 minimum defense (Clayton, Jackson, and English)

5 minimum on offense. (Bradford, Tennell, Brown, Eldridge, Williams, Simmons)

Texas is losing: 3 minimum on defense (Muckelroy, Kindle, and Houston)

5 minimum on offense (Hall, Tanner, Shipley, McCoy, and Ulatoski)

Numbers do not prove your point by using the words "a lot." Are you implying that the players Texas will be losing are better that OU's?

TJKDone
11/5/2009, 11:45 AM
You nutless idiot.

Kevin Brent
Jonathon Miller
Cory Brandon
Demarcus Granger
Malcolm Kelly

That's only going back 5 years and naming off the top of my head. Now, it's time to shut off the computer, get your woobie and climb into bed.

None of the above list was recruited by Texas, so you are now at 1 a year over the last five years. It isn't enough for you guys to win against us consistently.

I do think you could recruit better nationally though. You ought to be able to go toe to with SC, FL, etc for a handful of prospects every year, but you guys settle for Texas guys that are definite D1 players just not elite talents (that may well be a BJW problem because he had the same issue at UT). Couple that deficiency with the guys calling the plays on O and D and you are going to struggle vs us.

Hook'em

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 11:52 AM
4 highly recruited Vegas players in the last 4-5 years doesn't count as national recruiting? California players don't count? Florida Players don't count? Go home whorn.

TJKDone
11/5/2009, 11:52 AM
Yep, sure looks like we are in a slide

and of those 25 recruit commitments, ut was recruiting atleast 10-15 of them so...I realize you are a longhorn fan, therefore you arent very in touch with reality but you cant just say stuff and act like it is true

Just looked at the list Collier. Franklin is the only one out of Texas that we offered a scholarship, I am not joking or "acting" in anyway. We did that late in the process because we aren't sure about Hicks from OHIO. I know you don't want to believe it, but that is the truth.

Hook'em

Collier11
11/5/2009, 11:53 AM
Actually all of those guys were recruited by uterus except Brandon, im not sure about him. Again, dont let facts get in the way of you spewing retardedness

Jello Biafra
11/5/2009, 11:57 AM
None of the above list was recruited by Texas, so you are now at 1 a year over the last five years. It isn't enough for you guys to win against us consistently.

I do think you could recruit better nationally though. You ought to be able to go toe to with SC, FL, etc for a handful of prospects every year, but you guys settle for Texas guys that are definite D1 players just not elite talents (that may well be a BJW problem because he had the same issue at UT). Couple that deficiency with the guys calling the plays on O and D and you are going to struggle vs us.

Hook'em

so NOW they are simply d1 talent and not the best high school players in america? i mean you guys are the ones who claim we come in to the state and steal the best players in the nation which allows us to compete with the biggest and best and NOW they are simply d1 talent and we should be able to pick up more elite players from elsewhere.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 11:59 AM
If whorn fans didn't act like this guy, more texas kids would stay home and go to uterus...well, that and a better chance at Heismans, conference championships, and MNCs.

Collier11
11/5/2009, 12:00 PM
Just looked at the list Collier. Franklin is the only one out of Texas that we offered a scholarship, I am not joking or "acting" in anyway. We did that late in the process because we aren't sure about Hicks from OHIO. I know you don't want to believe it, but that is the truth.

Hook'em

you said recruited

picasso
11/5/2009, 12:07 PM

Hook'em

Wow, you would think that Texas could be doing more with all of that amazing talent.

Jello Biafra
11/5/2009, 12:08 PM
you said recruited

and there ya go.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 12:11 PM
Quit confusing the whorn with his OWN statements!

TMcGee86
11/5/2009, 12:26 PM
You need 5-10 players that we are recruiting to beat us consistently. I'm not sure you've gotten 5-10 players we've been recruiting over the last 5 years combined. That is your current problem and things won't change until that does.em

Right, so in the late 90's we were nabbing texans left and right and that's what lead to early 00's dominance?

moran. :rolleyes:

TMcGee86
11/5/2009, 12:36 PM
OU is losing: 3 minimum defense (Clayton, Jackson, and English)

5 minimum on offense. (Bradford, Tennell, Brown, Eldridge, Williams, Simmons)

Texas is losing: 3 minimum on defense (Muckelroy, Kindle, and Houston)

5 minimum on offense (Hall, Tanner, Shipley, McCoy, and Ulatoski)

Numbers do not prove your point by using the words "a lot." Are you implying that the players Texas will be losing are better that OU's?

Bradford's not playing this year ******hammer. How do we lose someone who's not playing on the team this year? Might as well say we're losing Gresham too.

whorn logic baffles me. :confused:

picasso
11/5/2009, 12:36 PM
I can't understand how Texas loses to Tech and aTm with all of those players they never recruited.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 12:37 PM
Obviously Tech and A&M cheated!

11/5/2009, 12:47 PM
Bradford's not playing this year ******hammer. How do we lose someone who's not playing on the team this year? Might as well say we're losing Gresham too.

I do not see why you feel the need to be rude. I will continue to treat you with respect. Sam not playing much this year is not the point. The point is what the teams will be losing. OU will, in fact, lose Bradford.

Even without losing Bradford, the teams are still losing very similar numbers. Do you still feel the need to call me names?

picasso
11/5/2009, 12:52 PM
I'm a no excuses kinda guy but this TJK person is way off his rocker if he thinks we don't give Texas a black eye with Gresham and Sam playing.

Our line may stink but we were sacked fewer times than Colt.

oh velll.

TMcGee86
11/5/2009, 12:57 PM
I do not see why you feel the need to be rude. I will continue to treat you with respect. Sam not playing much this year is not the point. The point is what the teams will be losing. OU will, in fact, lose Bradford.

Even without losing Bradford, the teams are still losing very similar numbers. Do you still feel the need to call me names?

"Dooshhammer" is a term of endearment.

And the teams are not losing similar numbers, Landry Jones will still be there next year, and to equate Tennell to Shipley is just silly, as much as it pains me to admit.

TexasLidig8r
11/5/2009, 01:04 PM

1981... the people on here? RUDE????

what you have to understand, quite simply... is.... well.. this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txrikNFX-8E

Collier11
11/5/2009, 01:06 PM
as if the longhorn msg boards arent loaded with complete assbags, this is tame compared to all of that

picasso
11/5/2009, 01:16 PM
Can you Texans not understand just how me might be a little edgy around here? We've lost not just two of our best players but two of the best in Sooner history.
I care about wins and losses but it's been tough just not being able to see Bradford playing.

the_sooners_abide
11/5/2009, 01:25 PM
1981...i think we can get by okay without bradford and gresham in 2010...since we're already doing it. how about texas without colt and shipley?

11/5/2009, 02:47 PM
1981...i think we can get by okay without bradford and gresham in 2010...since we're already doing it. how about texas without colt and shipley?

Man, I don't know. It will be a tough transition. Gilbert is a great talent but will not likely be the same type leader Colt is, at first. That is the great thing about teams like Texas and OU, they always have someone talented enough to step up. However, no knock on OU, Texas will not lose 3-4 games next year unless Mack also retires. Yes, one of the reasons will be because their schedule isn't that tough. I understand that.

47straight
11/5/2009, 03:22 PM

What's so confusing about bringing a player into Mack's office, asking him if he was offered a scholarship right then and there, would he accept right then and there, and if he doesn't buy in, publicly saying later on he wasn't offered?

Jello Biafra
11/5/2009, 04:04 PM
What's so confusing about bringing a player into Mack's office, asking him if he was offered a scholarship right then and there, would he accept right then and there, and if he doesn't buy in, publicly saying later on he wasn't offered?

hypothetically speaking of course

TexasLidig8r
11/5/2009, 04:32 PM

Care to share the link on that pard?

Collier11
11/5/2009, 04:37 PM
C'mon Lid, even you know that has been well documented that Mack puts his recruits on the spot like that

SoonerAtKU
11/5/2009, 04:57 PM
Yup, and won't allow them to take visits after a commit. It's a hard-sell and it has its uses. No shame in it, but let's not call it something else.

Jello Biafra
11/5/2009, 05:00 PM
Care to share the link on that pard?

why does there have to be a link? you saying it doesnt happen? you think the all mighty yellow tooth is above that? two different team mates of mine in Illinois told me personally that both illinois and northwestern used that tactic on them. when one of them said "maybe" to Illinois they said "well. think about it son and get back to us" Northwestern told the other "after your visits are done, if you are interested, we'll officially offer"

that's right. i mentioned northwestern and illinois in the same breath as texass

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2009, 05:24 PM
Dude...They will never understand what you are saying unless you grunt it out in texan. And common sense????? Quit using it on the uncommonly senseless.

jmillerfan
11/7/2009, 12:21 AM

Hook'em

Jonathon Miller was recruited by Texas...

bigfatjerk
5/20/2011, 05:21 AM
I wonder how dried up or talent is now compared to theirs?

kelloggOUballa
5/20/2011, 05:50 AM
I wonder how dried up or talent is now compared to theirs?

Great bump!

OU-HSV
5/20/2011, 06:49 AM
Great bump!

SoonerofAlabama
5/20/2011, 06:52 AM
That worked out well for them.

swardboy
5/20/2011, 07:43 AM
Whatever comes out of a 'horn's piehole, the opposite is true.

JLEW1818
5/20/2011, 08:19 AM
stay hot whorns

sooner518
5/20/2011, 08:19 AM
Man, I don't know. It will be a tough transition. Gilbert is a great talent but will not likely be the same type leader Colt is, at first. That is the great thing about teams like Texas and OU, they always have someone talented enough to step up. However, no knock on OU, Texas will not lose 3-4 games next year unless Mack also retires. Yes, one of the reasons will be because their schedule isn't that tough. I understand that.

Well, he was right. Texas didn't lose 3 or 4 games. Heh heh. But their schedule was harder than expected. I mean, Iowa state and ucla really turned out to be great teams last year.

BigJerm7
5/20/2011, 08:24 AM
Gilbert is a great talent

GONG!!!!!!

Mississippi Sooner
5/20/2011, 08:41 AM
This is a perfect example of why it pays to be humble when you are on top. You never know when a couple of injuries will transform a BCS title contender into a team just happy to be in a mid-level bowl, such as the Sooners in 2009.

Likewise, your team might just reach such a level of choking sucktitude that they'll go from the BCS championship to no bowl at all, such as texas did last year.

Either way, when you are on top it's best to act like you've been there before. As the Romans used to say, all glory is fleeting.

JLEW1818
5/20/2011, 09:29 AM
i think even Sooner fans didn't think Gilbert was going to be that bad.

Sooner_Tuf
5/20/2011, 10:06 AM
i think even Sooner fans didn't think Gilbert was going to be that bad.

After the National Championship where he peed down his leg against Alabama I was hoping. I do think the kid is better than he has played but I couldn't be more pleased with his performance to date.

KantoSooner
5/20/2011, 10:11 AM
Is it wrong to hope that Ronnell gets a ten yard wind up and a clear shot at Gilbie's blind side?

I Am Right
5/20/2011, 11:12 AM
I hope one day we get a sports radio station in Oklahoma City that supports OU

NormanPride
5/20/2011, 12:22 PM
Is it wrong to hope that Ronnell gets a ten yard wind up and a clear shot at Gilbie's blind side?
If that is wrong I don't want to be right...

Sooner_Tuf
5/20/2011, 01:27 PM
What Austin is saying:

Doesn't everyone in your family deserve the very best? 5-7 We meant to do that!

RszErK_dxF0

agoo758
5/20/2011, 01:35 PM
What Austin is saying:

Doesn't everyone in your family deserve the very best? 5-7 We meant to do that!

RszErK_dxF0

LOL! WTF??:eek:

tfoolry
5/20/2011, 01:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/U4gbB.jpg

Quik Sand
5/20/2011, 01:58 PM
Man, I don't know. It will be a tough transition. Gilbert is a great talent but will not likely be the same type leader Colt is, at first. That is the great thing about teams like Texas and OU, they always have someone talented enough to step up. However, no knock on OU, Texas will not lose 3-4 games next year unless Mack also retires. Yes, one of the reasons will be because their schedule isn't that tough. I understand that.:texan: :texan: :texan: :texan: