PDA

View Full Version : Andre Ware says our 4th loss will be to OSU.

adoniijahsooner
11/3/2009, 07:45 AM
Reading this guys words about what he predicted really bothers me, especially when you consider the injuries that he had no idea about. Oh, and he also compares us to Clemsons 2008 team.:mad:

Andre Ware still predicts 8-4 year for Sooners
OU football
BY DAVID UBBEN Published: November 3, 2009

NORMAN —The only logical assumption was Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops must have gone out of his way to disrespect Andre Ware’s mother.

"How dare he!” cried Sooner Nation in August, after the former Heisman winner and current ESPN analyst predicted the Sooners would lose four games.

Ranked No. 3 in the preseason polls, Oklahoma was among a handful of favorites to compete for the national title. Oklahoma won 23 of its 28 games in two seasons, and with several players in the conversation for the best at their position in college football, Ware took plenty of criticism, thanks to his peculiar prediction.

"Oklahoma fans are passionate, and rightfully so,” Ware said this week. "When you say something like that, a lot of places will let it go and move on down the road. That’s not the case at the University of Oklahoma.”

With the season now more than half over, Ware’s prediction doesn’t look so outrageous. Though Oklahoma was a three-touchdown favorite in its season opener against Brigham Young, Ware said the Sooners would lose. They did.

He warned that a road trip to Miami would be far from a repeat of the Sooners’ 2007 blowout win in Norman. It was.

Ware was wrong about Tulsa’s offense troubling the Sooners (shutout in a 45-0 loss in Norman), but Oklahoma came a step closer to fulfilling the former Houston quarterback’s prediction after losing to Texas in Dallas to fall to 3-3 on the season.

"I’m not in the business to feel vindicated,” Ware said. "I don’t take any satisfaction in saying, ‘Hey, I told you so.’ It’s what I believed at the start of the season, and it’s how it’s seeming to unfold. I just keep calling games.”

Ware never quite explained, other than referencing Oklahoma’s suspect offensive line, what made him think the Sooners’ national championship hopes would be shattered so early in the season.

Now, he says his inspiration was Clemson’s 2008 team, which returned a host of skill players, including a pair of superstar running backs, C.J. Spiller and James Davis, but just one offensive lineman. The Tigers, who opened the season in the top 10, were blown out by Alabama in their season opener and finished 7-6, winning just four ACC games.

"When I looked at Oklahoma, I saw the same picture,” Ware said. "It was quite clear to me, even with Sam back, that there were going to be some struggles, especially early, before the line had a chance to gel together.”

Bradford sprained the AC joint in his throwing shoulder just before halftime of the Sooners’ season-opening loss. The reigning Heisman winner missed three games, returned for one, but was shelved for good after re-injuring the shoulder on Oklahoma’s second offensive drive against Texas.

"I didn’t take into account or factor for injuries, though certainly they’re a part of the game,” Ware said. "I just felt the teams I picked them to lose to would be better, at the time they played them, than the University of Oklahoma.”

The Sooners are still a loss away from fulfilling Ware’s prediction, but he sees no reason to revise his preseason prediction.

Rather, he says Oklahoma is still on track to making him look like a 21st-century Nostradamus.

"They’ve got one more loss coming, and it’s against their rival, Oklahoma State,” Ware said. "I still think they’ll finish the year 8-4.”

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/ware-still-predicts-8-4-year-for-sooners/article/3414147?custom_click=lead_story_title#ixzz0Vnejit8 Q

JLEW1818
11/3/2009, 07:56 AM
we aint losing at home anytime soon!

Hot Rod
11/3/2009, 08:37 AM
Sorry, Andre, I like OUr chances at home!

beer4me
11/3/2009, 09:25 AM

Me too

Widescreen
11/3/2009, 09:29 AM
I wonder if he realizes that we'd be at worst 7-1 right now with Bradford and Gresham. He lucked out big time.

SGT Park3R
11/3/2009, 09:30 AM
Well I really hope he's wrong. If he does prove to be right, OSU will have beaten us 2 times in Norman out of 3 total losses during the Stoops era. The other team was TCU.

stoopified
11/3/2009, 09:43 AM
I want to win out and shut him up so bad,I can taste it.We all KNOW if Bradford and Gresham were healthy his prediction would have fallen apart.In fact everyone in the national media knows it.

JLEW1818
11/3/2009, 10:21 AM
I wonder if he realizes that we'd be at worst 7-1 right now with Bradford and Gresham. He lucked out big time.

yup, that's how most reporters are

they say something to get attention "like OU willl lose 4 games this season"

usually those things don't happen, and nobody even remembers you say it

but when it does happen, you look impressive

OUmillenium
11/3/2009, 10:39 AM
I want to win out and shut him up so bad,I can taste it.We all KNOW if Bradford and Gresham were healthy his prediction would have fallen apart.In fact everyone in the national media knows it.

Yep, Heisman + AA Tight End would make up for the 5 points that have cost us 3 losses.

SunnySooner
11/3/2009, 10:41 AM
Um, did he watch the sheeplovers game last weekend?? Where they got blown out by a team we essentially tied? In Tboone-ma-hal? Did he watch OUr game? It will be an early Christmas present for Sooners when we put the beatdown on them in OUr house.

SoonerLaw09
11/3/2009, 11:17 AM
Sorry, but did he see how aggy played against the whorns? In Stoolwater?

We're going to be a double-digit favorite at home against them. And we'll cover.

Funky G
11/3/2009, 11:21 AM
I would argue the potential of a 4th loss being in Lubbock..

rawlingsHOH
11/3/2009, 11:39 AM

/\
|
|

boomermagic
11/3/2009, 11:44 AM
We will beat osu like a drum...

meoveryouxinfinity
11/3/2009, 12:23 PM
He should have kept his mouth shut until we got that #4 loss. Now, when we lose to Neb/TTU/bowl game he will be a fake. OSU? No chance.

Because those pokes looked oh-so impressive vs. Texas, right?

MeMyself&Me
11/3/2009, 12:36 PM
yup, that's how most reporters are

they say something to get attention "like OU willl lose 4 games this season"

usually those things don't happen, and nobody even remembers you say it

but when it does happen, you look impressive

Jim Traber?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/3/2009, 12:43 PM
I would argue the potential of a 4th loss being in Lubbock..yeah, it could happen.

badger
11/3/2009, 12:47 PM
A loss at home and us having to start our winning streak all over again would be a kick to the head :(

adoniijahsooner
11/3/2009, 12:55 PM
A loss at home and us having to start our winning streak all over again would be a kick to the head :(

It would be similar to losing to Brett Favre twice in one season.:D

badger
11/3/2009, 01:03 PM
It would be similar to losing to Brett Favre twice in one season.:D

....n...
..nl.lnn
c

sooner94
11/3/2009, 01:05 PM
If we have a 4th loss, I think it will be against Tech or in our bowl game.

Widescreen
11/3/2009, 01:45 PM
The ONLY thing that concerns me about Tech is that it's in Lubbock where crazy things obviously happen. If it's a straight up our-team vs. their team, we win. We did a great job defensively against them last year and we're better this year. And I don't think their defense is any better than last year.

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2009, 01:56 PM
Andre Ware was a great college QB. Quite a shame he didn't just stick his head up his *** and pull himself in after that.

boomermagic
11/3/2009, 03:43 PM
Reading this guys words about what he predicted really bothers me, especially when you consider the injuries that he had no idea about. Oh, and he also compares us to Clemsons 2008 team.:mad:

Why should any Sooner fan care about what ware has to say ? He is a freakin Idiot period...:mad:

Sooner04
11/3/2009, 04:15 PM
I remember when Texas beat O-State, 45-17, in Stillwater in 2001.

TXBOOMER
11/3/2009, 04:26 PM
Neb or sand aggie would be the only other loss we have with sand aggie being the most likely. Ware is an official dick bag. He should have said, I was dead wrong, if not for their injuries they would be the best team in the country. He is a dick bag PERIOD!