PDA

View Full Version : We Will Never Forget

The Maestro
11/2/2009, 11:53 PM
With a healthy Sam and Jermaine we are already booking trips to Pasadena to claim number 8 in a cakewalk. Florida minus Harvin and OU adding DeMarco with those pieces equals a dominant OU win in the title game.

I cannot remember a more disappointing season with the more crappy luck...ever.

Sick and wrong...and I thought I would never take number 7 for granted.

PDXsooner
11/2/2009, 11:58 PM
it is painful, no question. however, beating LSU in the cotton bowl or even USC in the holiday bowl would feel really, really good. and then while that win still resonates, watching texas get a$$-raped in the BCS title game would be icing on the cake.

rainiersooner
11/3/2009, 01:00 AM
It would be small consolation, but hell, I'd take it.

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2009, 01:02 AM
I've said it 100s of times. Let's just win out no matter who and where we play.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/3/2009, 01:11 AM
...watching texas get a$$-raped in the BCS title game would be icing on the cake.I'll never forget the game(although, the EXACT year is a bit fuzzy), when tx was really pumped up and cocky, and "got" to play one of the U's best and most thug teams of all time, in the Cotton Bowl. It could have been '89 or '90 or thereabouts. The U simply BRUTALIZED the poor, outmanned and shocked whorn team. It was fabulous. I enjoyed that game as much as orange aggy must have loved the game of which we do not speak. Miami committed over 200 yds in penalties that day, if I remember right, but still managed to as*-rape the whorns 50-10 or something like that. It was probably my most favorite non-OU game I ever saw.

prrriiide
11/3/2009, 01:19 AM
I'll never forget the game(although, the EXACT year is a bit fuzzy), when tx was really pumped up and cocky, and "got" to play one of the U's best and most thug teams of all time, in the Cotton Bowl. It could have been '89 or '90 or thereabouts. The U simply BRUTALIZED the poor, outmanned and shocked whorn team. It was fabulous. I enjoyed that game as much as orange aggy must have loved the game of which we do not speak. Miami committed over 200 yds in penalties that day, if I remember right, but still managed to as*-rape the whorns 50-10 or something like that. It was probably my most favorite non-OU game I ever saw.

Cotton Bowl. 1-1-91. ThugU 46...whorns 3. Worst bowl beat-down in * history.

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2009, 01:21 AM

Well, to be accurate it was their worst at that point. I think we've handed them worse since and it's even better coming from OU.

pweitkem
11/3/2009, 04:53 AM
Win in a cake walk? Have you seen this offensive line? I think we could potentially be undefeated at this point, and I don't think there's any team out there this year that's scary in the least bit. But... have you seen our offensive line?

11/3/2009, 05:08 AM
Look on the bright side... OUr guys will still have the ability of sight after January.

DMAFB_Sooner08
11/3/2009, 10:08 AM
Can we just move on and quit pondering the what "ifs". This is the hand this team was dealt, and I think they are playin the hand quite well.

JLEW1818
11/3/2009, 10:16 AM
winning out is huge, and might be the biggest key for next year

the 2010 schedule is looking favorable and rewarding

non-conference games
Florida State
Air Froce
Utah State

(all 3 at home, fsu and AF alone give us respectable OOC opponents)

we open conference against Texas. ( which is good for us, the less time for Gilbert the better... their horrible OCC schedule will probably come back to bite them in this game)

then

Iowa State
at Missouri (we own them, face it)
Colorado
at TAMU (still a year away)
tech at home
at Baylor
at Oklahoma State (huge rebuilding year)

looking good

OUmillenium
11/3/2009, 10:41 AM
Stop reminding me! The agony of what could have been!

soonersam
11/3/2009, 10:47 AM
At least Sam wont get eye gouged in the NC game!!! Its all about the small positives.

JLEW1818
11/3/2009, 10:48 AM
not to be a buzz kill, b/c it does not even really matter

but i still think we would have lost a game

the Oline woulda done something wrong

KantoSooner
11/3/2009, 10:51 AM
This season has so far generated about four totally unprofessional alcohol fueled meltdowns by yours truly. I feel my pain.
Still, I see no reason why we can't win out (OSU is the only serious roadblock and they are not nearly the team they could have been without Bryant (we aren't the only team with bad luck this year)) and go have a good bowl game and get that monkey dealt with.
Then on to next year: vastly improved O line. Defensive that will be very nearly as good as this year. And our receivers, running backs will be very solid. QB probably won't equal Sam of last year....but will be excellent. Looking forward to it already.

boomermagic
11/3/2009, 11:35 AM
I'll never forget the game(although, the EXACT year is a bit fuzzy), when tx was really pumped up and cocky, and "got" to play one of the U's best and most thug teams of all time, in the Cotton Bowl. It could have been '89 or '90 or thereabouts. The U simply BRUTALIZED the poor, outmanned and shocked whorn team. It was fabulous. I enjoyed that game as much as orange aggy must have loved the game of which we do not speak. Miami committed over 200 yds in penalties that day, if I remember right, but still managed to as*-rape the whorns 50-10 or something like that. It was probably my most favorite non-OU game I ever saw.

Can't believe your sig..

Wow,

You actually WANT to be associated with Rush ? OMG NO ! I certainly don't WORRY about ever having a democratic president again.. I just simply welcome it and maybe we want have to worry about everything that happened when bush was the pres.. He was without a doubt the worse president EVER BAR NONE... Obama could get worse everyday for the remainder of his term and NOT even get close to being as bad a georgie boy.. I very proudly voted democratic...

11/3/2009, 11:59 AM
Can't believe your sig..

Wow,

You actually WANT to be associated with Rush ? OMG NO ! I certainly don't WORRY about ever having a democratic president again.. I just simply welcome it and maybe we want have to worry about everything that happened when bush was the pres.. He was without a doubt the worse president EVER BAR NONE... Obama could get worse everyday for the remainder of his term and NOT even get close to being as bad a georgie boy.. I very proudly voted democratic...Uh huh.

boomermagic
11/3/2009, 12:07 PM
Uh huh.

Hey,

We agree on one Important thing.. OU FOOTBALL.. That's all that matters...:D

Boomer Sooner !

11/3/2009, 12:25 PM
Hey,

We agree on one Important thing.. OU FOOTBALL.. That's all that matters...:D

Boomer Sooner !Good! Before they send this thread over to the South Oval.

OUTrumpet
11/3/2009, 12:28 PM

Then they lost to John Blake.

yermom
11/3/2009, 01:24 PM
in "bowl" history

;)

and Jlew, you forgot @Natti next year. that is looking pretty scary right now.

if we win out, as always, we have nothing to worry about

JLEW1818
11/3/2009, 01:26 PM
in "bowl" history

;)

and Jlew, you forgot @Natti next year. that is looking pretty scary right now.

if we win out, as always, we have nothing to worry about

oh ya, forgot to add that

good thing they lose Pike and Gilyard

Seamus
11/3/2009, 02:39 PM
Can't believe your sig..

Wow,

You actually WANT to be associated with Rush ? OMG NO ! I certainly don't WORRY about ever having a democratic president again.. I just simply welcome it and maybe we want have to worry about everything that happened when bush was the pres.. He was without a doubt the worse president EVER BAR NONE... Obama could get worse everyday for the remainder of his term and NOT even get close to being as bad a georgie boy.. I very proudly voted democratic...

Cool, story, bro.

Seriously, it'll be a cold day in Tahiti before a GOP'er gets my vote, but this ain't the place for this kind of post. Plenty of political sites on which you can pick a fight.

Peace, Boomer Sooner, eeb pleb neesta, etc. ...

King Barry's Back
11/3/2009, 02:50 PM
(all 3 at home, fsu and AF alone give us respectable OOC opponents)

"What King Barry said THIS year: BYU and Miami alone give us respectable OOC opponents"

I try to keep my mouth shut more. Most agree that's probably for he best.

boomermagic
11/3/2009, 03:11 PM
Cool, story, bro.

Seriously, it'll be a cold day in Tahiti before a GOP'er gets my vote, but this ain't the place for this kind of post. Plenty of political sites on which you can pick a fight.

Peace, Boomer Sooner, eeb pleb neesta, etc. ...

Your correct this ain't the place but IF someone has what he has as their signature and they are allowed to do so then a poster should be allowed to comment on their signature.. Having said that I will refrain in the future...

TUSooner
11/3/2009, 04:09 PM
I don't understand how even the most crimson-dyed rosy-eyed Sooner could ever count on the MNC. Even in the wishbone day, when we were more dominating than we have ever been, you couldn't "count" on it. Some of you guys set yourselves up for this fall, which was bad enough without the extreme expectations. Does anyone remember the Michigan players who came back to help Lloyd Carr win the elusive MNC or whatever? I don't think those players got injured, but Michigan had a worse than usual record - at least by pre-Rodriguez standards. You NEVER start one year where you left off the last year; you always start from scratch .