PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about our new TE commitment?

Collier11
11/2/2009, 10:21 PM
Austin Haywood 6'5" 240 lb TE from Southmoore. Apparently he committed today. Also, is Ikard a reciever type or an Eldridge type TE?

ratherthanlater
11/2/2009, 10:28 PM
Found some stats on him. He plays TE and DE. He also has completed 100% of his passes;) .
http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/5sgzTlZ2yUOwJ2gn7-GBkA/football-fall-09/stats-austin-haywood.htm
Here's an article on him.
http://newsok.com/austin-haywood-ath-southmoore/article/3410295
And to satisfy those Myspace stalkers here is his space.
http://www.myspace.com/401523939

Pigface1
11/3/2009, 10:55 AM
Supposed to be a freak similar to Keith Jackson.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/3/2009, 02:10 PM
Supposed to be a nice athleate similar to Adrien Cooper.

Fixed... same era, more realistic.

stoopified
11/3/2009, 07:22 PM
Fixed... same era, more realistic.Trent Smith or at least Ricky Brady if you believe the coaches.Gresham is the closest we have had to KJ.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/4/2009, 12:16 AM
Trent Smith or at least Ricky Brady if you believe the coaches.Gresham is the closest we have had to KJ.

I'm ok with a Trent Smith or Ricky Brady comparison. They were solid athletes/recruits.

But everybody on this continent wanted Keith Jackson and Jermaine Gresham.

They are "generational" athletes. That is, they were athletes that at their position come along once a generation.

And nobody had the reaction to those two (KJ and JG) that I had when I heard Heywood committed which was: "Who?"

Make no mistake, if he is being wooed to OU I believe much more in our coaching staff's evaluation of whether he might be a player than any tom-dick-or-harry recruitnik's opinion.

But level-setting him to KJ or JG?.... Not so much.

Pigface1
11/4/2009, 12:56 PM
Compare him to whoever you guys want, just throw him the ball. lol

rawlingsHOH
11/6/2009, 02:46 AM
Austin Haywood 6'5" 240 lb TE from Southmoore. Apparently he committed today. Also, is Ikard a reciever type or an Eldridge type TE?

Definitely more of an Eldridge type. But with a little better hands. Ikard was supposed to offset/compliment Hanna, who is straight receiver.

Desert Sapper
11/6/2009, 06:03 AM
Ikard showed good hands in the spring. Not sure where he's been in the games.

Hotrod3157
11/6/2009, 01:49 PM
Watched him play a couple of times this year. He's pretty athletic with pretty good hands. They actually use him as a "wildcat" quarterback. Not on the level with JG or KJ but Trent Smith isn't a bad comparison.

Collier11
11/6/2009, 09:16 PM
not sure if any of you are watching him play right now on cox channel 7 but he just took a wildcat play in for a touchdown and made some nice moves, looks very athletic

IronHorseSooner
11/7/2009, 10:57 AM
Ikard showed good hands in the spring. Not sure where he's been in the games.

I think they are redshirting Gabe Ikard along with Lane Johnson, the former Kilgore CC QB who is also now a TE.

In the local article, it stated that Heywood would likely play DE in college. I know that we have switched guys from both DE to TE (Eldridge), and TE to DE (Frank Alexander). Any guess as to where he would likely play?