PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Lofton ... he's a man, he's 50!

Johnny Utah
11/2/2009, 09:31 PM
This is a little late, but in the MNF pre-game, Matt Millen paid MAJOR props to Lofton. I know Millen wasn't that great at running the Lions but he was a pretty good mlb.

sooner59
11/2/2009, 09:40 PM
Lofton has been all up in Brees's grill.

sooner59
11/2/2009, 09:53 PM
Crap, he is hurt. His own teammate took his knees out while he was tackling Reggie Bush on special teams.

Gruden just said Lofton was the undisputed captain and leader of his football team. Didn't know that.

Johnny Utah
11/2/2009, 10:00 PM
Crap, he is hurt. His own teammate took his knees out while he was tackling Reggie Bush on special teams.

Gruden just said Lofton was the undisputed captain and leader of his football team. Didn't know that.

He's right ... they (coach smith and gm demitrof) are grooming him for the long-term. He's being mentored by Mike Peterson (a pretty good converted mlb from Florida) who came over with Smith from the Jags.

sooner59
11/2/2009, 10:04 PM
He is ok, I saw him back out there on defense. I was worried for a minute. With the way this year has gone, I figured every Sooner was cursed.

ratherthanlater
11/2/2009, 10:36 PM
I'm happy he's in the league and doing great but every time I see or hear about him I just think about what could have been. I know it's selfish but #8 would have been great.

Johnny Utah
11/2/2009, 10:47 PM
I'm happy he's in the league and doing great but every time I see or hear about him I just think about what could have been. I know it's selfish but #8 would have been great.

Yea my wife and I were just sayin that he probably would have shut Tebow down and the rest would be history .. oh well, there's no ifs in football

sooner94
11/3/2009, 01:36 AM
We beat Texas and Florida if Lofton came back last year. It would have been an undefeated #8.

silverwheels
11/3/2009, 01:50 AM
There's no way to know that, but he is a stud. I'm glad he's doing well in the NFL.

sooner59
11/3/2009, 02:31 AM
He had a lot of issues to address at home. I can't blame him at all for securing his future and his money. He acted as if he wanted it more for his family than his bank account. I can respect that. They guy gave us his all and I will forever love him for what he gave us.

primetime43
11/3/2009, 07:59 AM
He is now the NFL leader in tackles with 76.

VA Sooner
11/3/2009, 11:18 PM
NFL leader in tackles with 76??? That's impressive for the second-year man, old #40.

Looks like he put on 20-30 pounds of muscle since he's been with the Falcons. He was around 220-225 with us two years ago. I still remember him making Chase Daniel run for his life and Lofton got an interception in both games we played against Missouri two years ago. Great Big 12 CG!

TUSooner
11/4/2009, 02:16 PM
He had a great game against the Saints. I'm just glad it wasn't quite good enough (and that Ryan threw that pick on the 1). ;)

Sooner Among The Pack
11/4/2009, 02:47 PM
He single handedly won me my fantasy game this week. I was down 3 and the guy I was going against had Tony Gonzalez. The 12 solo tackles outscored Gonzalez by 7 and I won by 4 :) Even though I hate the Falcons, it may be time to invest in a Lofton jersey.

sooner94
11/4/2009, 04:00 PM
He had a lot of issues to address at home. I can't blame him at all for securing his future and his money. He acted as if he wanted it more for his family than his bank account. I can respect that. They guy gave us his all and I will forever love him for what he gave us.

I was not intending to criticize him at all. Great player who had a great career at OU. Really cool to see him be an impact player in the NFL.

I was just saying if he would have decided to come back, we would have been a lot better off at the LB position, and probably beat Texas and Flor.

rawlingsHOH
11/4/2009, 05:25 PM
NFL leader in tackles with 76??? That's impressive for the second-year man, old #40.

Looks like he put on 20-30 pounds of muscle since he's been with the Falcons. He was around 220-225 with us two years ago. I still remember him making Chase Daniel run for his life and Lofton got an interception in both games we played against Missouri two years ago. Great Big 12 CG!

You sure about that? I thought I remembered him trying to get DOWN to his playing weight of 235-240. ??

TXBOOMER
11/4/2009, 05:38 PM
I wish the F he would of stayed and been around for the MNC last year. He is a stud.

JLEW1818
11/4/2009, 05:54 PM
I'd say he made a good decision coming out early

TXBOOMER
11/4/2009, 09:26 PM
I'd say he made a good decision coming out early

Maybe..If he would have had a huge year and ended up going in the first round he made the wrong decision. But then again, he might have came back and blew an ACL. You just never know. In my mind, I'm gonna look at college football like minor league baseball. If we get a good player I'm gonna consider them gone after their third year JR or RSFr. F it.

VA Sooner
11/4/2009, 11:42 PM
You sure about that? I thought I remembered him trying to get DOWN to his playing weight of 235-240. ??

Couldn't find his player stats from OU but I thought he was closer to 220-225 his junior year at OU. He's a monster at 250+ and still has the ball-hawking instincts that kept us in the game against Missouri in the regular season and the stomping in the Big 12 championship game 2 years ago.

Need a bowl game like that to finish the year... have a good feeling during this rebuilding year and return back a stellar team next year for the Big 12 championship run.