PDA

View Full Version : Go Big Red !

boomermagic
11/2/2009, 11:41 AM
It used to be that both OU and NU would say "GO BIG RED" Now, I just hear nebraska fans saying that.. OU has always been Big Red as well Correct ?

picasso
11/2/2009, 11:44 AM
Correct and as I stated in Stillwater in front of every Nebbish fan at the concession at halftime of the oSu vs. Nebraska game in 1995, "OU is the real big red!":O :D

KantoSooner
11/2/2009, 12:09 PM
Not particularly sure of dates, but I think OU has been known as Big Red far longer than Nebraska. Weren't they 'The Bug Eaters' for a while?

OUmillenium
11/2/2009, 02:33 PM
That phrase has been hidden away in Al Gore's lockbox along with Sooner Magic.

MyT Oklahoma
11/2/2009, 02:58 PM
Not particularly sure of dates, but I think OU has been known as Big Red far longer than Nebraska. Weren't they 'The Bug Eaters' for a while?

I thought they were still the Bugeaters. As in.. once a Bugeater.. always a Bugeater. :rolleyes:

P.S. I've always liked Nebraska and also respected their program. I miss not playing them every year.

Stitch Face
11/2/2009, 06:31 PM
Yes, OU was known as "Big Red" before Nebraska.

Lesser known fact: we also had swagger more than fifteen years before they did.

oudivesherpa
11/2/2009, 07:45 PM
Yes, OU was known as "Big Red" before Nebraska.

Lesser known fact: we also had swagger more than fifteen years before they did.

Has Nebbish gone from swagger to swish? Or is just UT swishy?

MeMyself&Me
11/2/2009, 08:11 PM
I remember people using the Go Big Red yell into the early part of the 90s. I think people stopped doing it when Nebraska was comming to town in the mid 90s and kicking our butt by disgusting margins. They definitely seemed like the bigger red at that time unfortunately.

huskermark07
11/2/2009, 08:39 PM
I thought they were still the Bugeaters. As in.. once a Bugeater.. always a Bugeater. :rolleyes:

P.S. I've always liked Nebraska and also respected their program. I miss not playing them every year.

Well it is that time of year again. I miss playing OU every year, lots of great games have been played between the two teams.

I hope to see a good turn out from the OU fans for the game, and I will be buying drinks at the bars for the OU fans I see.

Good Luck Saturday,

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

royalfan5
11/2/2009, 08:43 PM
It should be noted that Go Big (Insert Color) is pretty commonly used through out sports at all levels, and to expect a monopoly on the usage of a color such as red is fairly myopic.

SOONER44EVER
11/2/2009, 08:59 PM
I have a banner from somewhere between 1955-1957 that says "GO BIG RED". The phrase has been around for a while.

King Barry's Back
11/2/2009, 10:11 PM
It's true that both schools have used the phrase "Go Big Red," but it was always a much bigger part of Nebraska's identity. It was just one more thing for OU fans to say, but is a major cheer for Nebraska. Closer to how we say "Boomer Sooner" I guess.

Stitch Face
11/2/2009, 11:16 PM
It should be noted that Go Big (Insert Color) is pretty commonly used through out sports at all levels, and to expect a monopoly on the usage of a color such as red is fairly myopic.

It should also be noted that you're a dork.

And clearly from the tone of this thread no one in the Sooner Nation feels like they have a monopoly on/cares if Nebraska uses the phrase "Go Big Red."

westbrooke
11/2/2009, 11:25 PM
Well it is that time of year again. I miss playing OU every year, lots of great games have been played between the two teams.

I hope to see a good turn out from the OU fans for the game, and I will be buying drinks at the bars for the OU fans I see.

Good Luck Saturday,

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

^^This is a perfect example of what I find nearly impossible to explain to other fanbases. Respect. I miss this rivalry.

Stitch Face
11/2/2009, 11:33 PM
^^This is a perfect example of what I find nearly impossible to explain to other fanbases. Respect. I miss this rivalry.

Not me. GOUGE THEIR EYES!! GOUGE THEM!!!!!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/3/2009, 01:31 AM
I remember people using the Go Big Red yell into the early part of the 90s. I think people stopped doing it when Nebraska was comming to town in the mid 90s and kicking our butt by disgusting margins. They definitely seemed like the bigger red at that time unfortunately.the good Dr. Tom revealed a need for revenge that we didn't know he had, in those mid-'90's games.

Leroy Lizard
11/3/2009, 03:48 AM
Slow night.

picasso
11/3/2009, 09:05 AM
Hey, after we beat K-State in Kansas City in 2000 we were backing our vehicle out of the parking lot when we paused for a KSU fan to walk by. She stopped and waved us through and I rolled down the window and told her to go ahead it was cold.
She said it was nowhere near being cold and that we were more or less whussie Okies, then she said we aren't the Big Red we are Crimson!

I says, hey thanks for the color lesson!:rolleyes: :D

boomermagic
11/3/2009, 09:22 AM

Good Luck Saturday,

GO BIG RED!!!!!!

Great,

I usually have somewhere around 25 or so.. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/3/2009, 12:06 PM
Hey, after we beat K-State in Kansas City in 2000 we were backing our vehicle out of the parking lot when we paused for a KSU fan to walk by. She stopped and waved us through and I rolled down the window and told her to go ahead it was cold.
She said it was nowhere near being cold and that we were more or less whussie Okies, then she said we aren't the Big Red we are Crimson!

I says, hey thanks for the color lesson!:rolleyes: :DIt's supposed to be a rivalry in the Big 12 north, between Colorado and k-State, for the worst fans.