PDA

View Full Version : If Texas Wins the South

jdsooner
11/2/2009, 02:28 AM
I hope Kansas State beats them for the championship. Not likely, but it would be hilarious.

SGT Park3R
11/2/2009, 02:37 AM
I hope Kansas State beats them for the championship. Not likely, but it would be hilarious.

That would be a nice early Christmas present.:)

goingoneight
11/2/2009, 10:14 AM
They aren't going to lose if we couldn't get them.

Sasakwa
11/2/2009, 10:24 AM
If?

Doubt they lose 2 playing Baylor, aTm and KU.

JLEW1818
11/2/2009, 10:43 AM
no chance texas loses in the Big 12 championship game

2003 OU KSTATE.......... does this kstate team really compare to the 03 one with Sproles? not even close.. idc if they scored 30 on us this year, we don't compare to 03 OU

2001 season, Texas lost to Colorado in the big 12 championship

but that Colorado team beat Nebraska a week before who went to the national championship

so what I'm basically saying,

the North blows, blows, blows

BoulderSooner79
11/2/2009, 11:17 AM
Both KSU and aTm have put some head-scratching loses on the horns in recent years, but I just don't see it this year. Unless they hit the injury curse like we did, they have the clearest path to the title game of any team in the country.

stoopified
11/2/2009, 11:43 AM
They aren't going to lose if we couldn't get them.Everybody thought that last year too.Also in 2006 .

SoonerMavrick25
11/2/2009, 01:38 PM
Okay I know I am dreaming but since the BCS is apart of our Tie-Breaker, we could use it to booster the Big 12 championship game. If the north and/or south team is not ranked in the top 25 in the BCS. The championship game puts the top two teams in terms of the BCS standings against each other. That way maybe playing cupcakes for non-conference games would hurt you and you would be rewarded for playing tougher non-conference games. In a perfect world you could do this for every conference and it could somewhat be a play-off type system. I know it's a pipe-dream and I’m sure it will never happen… But it would be cool. If this has been said I am sorry, my friends and I were drinking after the game and we just want to play Texas again…

OUmillenium
11/2/2009, 02:24 PM
I agree, go Wildcats.

PDXsooner
11/2/2009, 02:36 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing texas make it to the title game only to be beat down by whoever they play. you can stick all this "big 12" talk right up your cornhole. I would like to see texas lose by 100. if that makes people think the big 12 sucks i couldn't give a flying you-know-what.

BoulderSooner79
11/2/2009, 05:07 PM
Too much texas talk on a Sooner forum. We still have games to play as we rebuild for a stronger team next year.

Boomer!

Statalyzer
11/2/2009, 05:23 PM
I don't think we'll be playing Kansas State. Yes they are on top right now, but they haven't played Missouri or Nebraska or Kansas yet. Not that all those teams are looking like world beaters, but I've thought all year that they were all better than KSU and haven't seen anything to change my mind about that.

swardboy
11/2/2009, 05:31 PM

+1

badger
11/2/2009, 05:34 PM
It would be hilarious again. Remember how Texas was looking forward to a quality BCS bowl (like the Rose Bowl) in 2003 when they were in the Top 5?

A Kansas State win in the Big 12 championship was heartbreaking, yes, but it also ensured that Texas would not be going to a BCS bowl.

Freakin' hilarious. :D

VA Sooner
11/3/2009, 11:21 PM
Lots of surprises for Texas with the last two games of the season in recent years... you just never know!