PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to the Victory parade in Stillwater today?

stoopified
11/1/2009, 10:37 PM
The Orange rabble is busy celebrating the fact they outscored us 14-13 against the Horns.T-shirts are being printed and medallions made to commerate their impending victory in Norman.They already celebrated the 16-13 Horn victory over the Sooners two weeks ago so this parade was a foregone conclusion.

goingoneight
11/1/2009, 11:01 PM
weer gunna beet uo 14-13 yay :stunned:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/2/2009, 01:02 AM
The Orange rabble is busy celebrating the fact they outscored us 14-13 against the Horns.T-shirts are being printed and medallions made to commerate their impending victory in Norman.They already celebrated the 16-13 Horn victory over the Sooners two weeks ago so this parade was a foregone conclusion.You're talking aggy message boards, right?

SGT Park3R
11/2/2009, 02:47 AM
It seems they always save their best for us. Too bad that wont be good enough.

A rhyme. Nice.

badger
11/2/2009, 09:35 AM
aggy mess-age boards. still in full-on meltdown mode over wearing unlucky black shirts, the disappearing student section, only being a few spots above the fairweather fan cheatin' gooners in the polls and of course, the loss to UT.

You'd think they'd be used to losing to UT by now... it happens every year Gundy's been coach.

Before any OP'ers quote that to say that we've lost to them a lot too, our head coach has beat them six times. Their "man" as head coach has beat them zero times.

oudivesherpa
11/2/2009, 10:52 AM
aggy mess-age boards.
Before any OP'ers quote that to say that we've lost to them a lot too, our head coach has beat them six times. Their "man" as head coach has beat them zero times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most onesided numer of victories in college football series (20 games or more) is OU over OSU.

NormanPride
11/2/2009, 11:00 AM
In a "rivalry", yeah. But as far as overall "series", I think it's us vs. Iowa State.

stoopified
11/2/2009, 11:31 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most onesided numer of victories in college football series (20 games or more) is OU over OSU.Exactly correct,although we claim 80 victories overT.Boone State,theysay we only have 79.They DO actually claim the 1972 OU forfeit as a W.Funny thing is Nebraska and Missou don't claim 1972 forfeits as W's.Then of course that is all ancient history as they are 5-9 in the last 14(3-1vs.Schnelly,Blake and 2-8 vs. Bob).The fact that Bob and the Sooners have won six straight does nothing to deter them from being a TEAM ON THE RISE.It is just a real gradual slope they are climbing.At this rate they may reach the pinnacle in 100 years.The fact that they haven't even reached the .500 mark in their history is irrelevant ,ancient history too.

stoopified
11/2/2009, 11:32 AM
DDP

TheHumanAlphabet
11/2/2009, 11:48 AM
How's that greatest offense in the history of football OSU?

11/2/2009, 12:27 PM
How's that greatest offense in the history of football OSU?Hay! They beat Georgia!

goingoneight
11/2/2009, 12:32 PM
So did what... five other teams?

badger
11/2/2009, 12:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most onesided numer of victories in college football series (20 games or more) is OU over OSU.

If we've played Baylor more than 20 times, you might consider that one. After all, we have yet to lose :D

Yes, as far as a long-time, in-state, in-conference, in-whatever rivalry series goes, I would have to say that OU-osu is one of the most lopsided in college football.

You have to give the Pokes credit - they have come close to winning in recent years and they have made strides to get better as far as facilities and recruiting and expectations go.

Alas, we can always point at the scoreboard, much like they will always point at their "48 national championships" whenever things get too hostile.

EDIT: We've played and beaten Baylor 19 times. Wait a year for it to be declared a lopsided rivalry. Lulz. :rolleyes:

TheHumanAlphabet
11/2/2009, 01:58 PM
Hay! They beat Georgia!

If Richt loses to Ga. Tech this year, he is good as gone!

The Maudfather
11/2/2009, 02:01 PM
OP, I don't think that Victory Parade and Sillwater should be in the same sentence unless it's wrestling season ;)

Stitch Face
11/2/2009, 06:40 PM
There's a thread on OP right now basically asking "are we doomed to always be #3 behind OU and Texas?" The assumption being that, now that they have a new(ish) stadium, new facilities, and a modicum of recent success they are automatically the third best team in the BigXII South. Some Texas Tech dude then gets on there and reminds them that Tech has placed higher than OSU in the BigXII every year except one.

11/2/2009, 06:53 PM
If Richt loses to Ga. Tech this year, he is good as gone!He has supposedly gotten very good-to-excellent recruits for years. You'd think he would have had better teams. There's something wrong with this yrs' group...could it be coaching?haha(bottom line-they lost to orange aggy!)

badger
11/2/2009, 06:55 PM
If Richt loses to Ga. Tech this year, he is good as gone!

I keep telling NP this, but he hasn't agreed with me quite yet. To his credit, I also call for yanking pitchers in the first inning if the other team is scoring runs right away :D