PDA

View Full Version : OU -5 1/2 vs. Nebbish

oudivesherpa
11/1/2009, 07:40 PM
OU is an early 5 1/2 point favorite vsersus Nebraska.

http://www.dannysheridan.com/odds/index.php?sport=cfb

Most of the season I've been laying off the OU spread, this one looks about right.

JLEW1818
11/1/2009, 07:42 PM
thanks for the heads up , i was bout to check

rawlingsHOH
11/1/2009, 07:42 PM
I like OU against that number!

TXBOOMER
11/1/2009, 09:51 PM
That one will be moving up. Should be at least 10.

westcoast_sooner
11/1/2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info. Was just about to look, myself. 5 1/2 shows that the odds makers in Vegas think that Nebraska at home is better than KU. Honestly, I'm not buying it. The Sooners' D tore up Reesing. Zac Lee (who OU recruited at one point) was pulled last week in favor of a freshman - Green. If Venables dials up the right calls, Green will live up to his name, and the Sooner D will snap him like a twig.

The other point here is that while bringing in a QB fresh, and unexpectedly might help you for a game, doing it in the middle of a season many times will backfire in week 2. Defenses will pin their ears back and bring pressure. Young QBs will tend to throw a few INTs. My opinion, if Pelini starts Green and sticks with him, they'll be in for a long day.

I don't think the Husker D is good enough to stop what we've been seeing as the improved Sooner offense the last couple of weeks. The Black Shirts aren't back yet.

Normally, I'm cautious about the spread, but this week I think we cover.

Boomer.....
11/2/2009, 09:13 AM
The line is low.

oudivesherpa
11/2/2009, 10:55 AM
My guess is it will move to -7. And OU will cover!

The Maudfather
11/2/2009, 10:59 AM
Sounds like easy money. Anyone know where I can throw down $50 for OU to cover?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/2/2009, 11:15 AM
Sounds like easy money. Anyone know where I can throw down $50 for OU to cover?

:gary:

OUmillenium
11/2/2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the info. Was just about to look, myself. 5 1/2 shows that the odds makers in Vegas think that Nebraska at home is better than KU. Honestly, I'm not buying it. The Sooners' D tore up Reesing. Zac Lee (who OU recruited at one point) was pulled last week in favor of a freshman - Green. If Venables dials up the right calls, Green will live up to his name, and the Sooner D will snap him like a twig.

The other point here is that while bringing in a QB fresh, and unexpectedly might help you for a game, doing it in the middle of a season many times will backfire in week 2. Defenses will pin their ears back and bring pressure. Young QBs will tend to throw a few INTs. My opinion, if Pelini starts Green and sticks with him, they'll be in for a long day.

I don't think the Husker D is good enough to stop what we've been seeing as the improved Sooner offense the last couple of weeks. The Black Shirts aren't back yet.

Normally, I'm cautious about the spread, but this week I think we cover.

Green twigs don't really snap. They might bend a little but are hard to break. I would say just like our defense. But our defense both bends (yielding way too much yardage to inferior talent) and breaks (not getting the big stops at crucial times).

cjones28
11/2/2009, 04:08 PM

Statistically, the blackshirts are better than OU. Better total defense (#9), better scoring defense (#4) etc

I think they're pretty equal. You guy have better linebackers for sure, and I'd say the d-lines are neck and neck.

Doesn't matter though because our offense won't score more than 10 points.

BillyBall
11/2/2009, 04:12 PM
Statistically, the blackshirts are better than OU. Better total defense (#9), better scoring defense (#4) etc

I think they're pretty equal. You guy have better linebackers for sure, and I'd say the d-lines are neck and neck.

Doesn't matter though because our offense won't score more than 10 points.

Your schedule has been frighteningly stout too. Sans Virginia Tech, it's like a Bill Snyder coached team.

Statalyzer
11/2/2009, 05:42 PM
Seems low to me. Even if the Sooner offense struggles, it might not matter, as Nebraska has scored 7 on Iowa State and 20 on Baylor.

I expect something like 24-7 as the final score.