PDA

View Full Version : Afriend says K.Thompson of Southmoore has committed

stoopified
11/1/2009, 05:56 PM
to us. Says it was in the Tulsa World paper this morning.If true I assume he will play somewhere other than QB at OU.He is a great athlete but I don't think he is the caliber of passer we normally recruit.As ajunior though he does have the rest of this year and next to sharpen his passing skills.

OUbasketball4life
11/2/2009, 12:19 AM
I had my doubts about Kendal before this year but now I'm convinced he is a quarterback. Pretty good accuracy, looks like he put on some mass this year, and his team went from winning 2 games last year to only losing 1 thus far. He still has a year to get stronger, work on awareness, and work on speed. If its true, I say good pick up, OUs last 2 Oklahoma high school quarterbacks didn't turn out to be half bad...

pappy
11/2/2009, 06:15 AM
OUs last 2 Oklahoma high school quarterbacks didn't turn out to be half bad...

hahaha...so true.

stoopified
11/2/2009, 10:03 AM
OUs last 2 Oklahoma high school quarterbacks didn't turn out to be half bad...What you talking about Willis?Everybody knows Ou hasn't had a QB from in state worth a darn in years,especially out of the OKC area . If you don't believe me just ask the expert announcers who cover OUr games. :)

goingoneight
11/2/2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah... all of OUr talent is from Texas. All of it.

All.

Of.

It.

We're nothing without those :texan:s...

Pigface1
11/3/2009, 10:45 AM
It's true. . Kid's going to be good. He's pretty damn smart, too. 26 on his ACT.

Dio
11/4/2009, 12:04 AM
As long as he always makes the cover of SI for the right reasons...

Jello Biafra
11/4/2009, 09:33 AM
confirmed by Charles Thompson...at least the offer was extended. i wont post the link but if you want it, send me a pm...

Fraggle145
11/4/2009, 06:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/6152/big-12-recruiting-notes-sooners-add-two-commits-including-thompsons-son

confirmed by ESPN.

rawlingsHOH
11/6/2009, 02:40 AM
to us. Says it was in the Tulsa World paper this morning.If true I assume he will play somewhere other than QB at OU.He is a great athlete but I don't think he is the caliber of passer we normally recruit.As ajunior though he does have the rest of this year and next to sharpen his passing skills.

I heard the exact opposite. That he was a so-so athlete. But a decent QB prospect.

Anyone seen him?

Pigface1
11/9/2009, 01:14 PM
He's definitely an athlete. Not nearly as fast as his dad, but he can move.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_vwAD2WDPI

SCxxSOONER
11/9/2009, 02:29 PM
Kid can definitely move

SoonerMavrick25
11/16/2009, 02:36 PM
Watched him this weekend vs Lawton Ike.. he was held out of the 1st drive, (still haven't heard why) and then his 1st pass was a botched quick screen that went the other way for 6. I was impressed with the tightness of his spirals, the same with his decision making, along with his mobility. He needs to bulk up some, quicken his delivery (sorta has a hitch) and Stay out of trouble. The TE Haywood didn’t play, The Wright kid, I’m not sure about. I will say this he can close. It also looked like IKE made it a point to stay away from him that is normally a good sign.

stoopified
11/17/2009, 03:41 PM
I heard the exact opposite. That he was a so-so athlete. But a decent QB prospect.

Anyone seen him?Anyone who says this kid is NOT a good athlete has not seen him play much.I live here in Moore and have watched him four times this year,the kid can move.What may confuse some people about his athletic ability is that he isn't run-happy.He prefers to stay in the pocket or roll out and look for an open reciever rather than run.Reminds me of ENA in that regard.ENA could run but chose to keep looking for recievers rather than pull it down and run.At 6'2 180 he needs some bulk and i have heard he runs around 4.5-4.6 which doesn't make him a burner but is adeqaute to play S or WR,if QB didn't pan out.Another year to work on polishing hispassing game can't hurt.

westcoast_sooner
11/30/2009, 11:54 PM
The thing I noticed watching his highlight video is that he's got some escapability, he hangs in the pocket, and seems to make good decisions. If he continues to progress, I think we'll have ourselves another good one at QB.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/1/2009, 12:38 AM
Who is this Afriend guy though?

starclassic tama
12/1/2009, 12:50 AM
went and watched the southmoore jenks game this past weekend. southmoore coaches didn't put the team in a position to be successful. their offense consisted of kendal dropping back and letting his receivers run into coverage while he scrambled around and broke about 3 tackles before trying to get the ball off. i think the kid has what it takes to be a QB at OU. nice zip on his balls, accurate and like i said the way he was breaking tackles, definitely a good athlete.

Eielson
12/1/2009, 05:09 PM
This isn't anything different than what has been said, but I'll say it anyway. Thompson does have the arm to be a quarterback at the next level, but that doesn't guarantee we recruited him to be a quarterback. He's a good enough athlete to play other positions.

Haywood, the tight end, was a lot of fun to watch. He was a good enough athlete that at times Southmoore would even put him at quarterback for the wildcat formation. Don't get a picture of a small guy, though. He's still big, and he's tough to bring down. I don't expect him to run the wildcat for us, but he should be a good tight end, and he was probably the most fun guy for me watch this year out of all our recruits.

I didn't see a whole lot from Wilson. He didn't standout like you would expect a D1 player to, but I guess that isn't always a bad thing when you're a corner. He's not as bad as this description makes him sound, but I like Colvin more, and Lynn even more.

I think the only other commit in the state for us is Irwin. He's a stud, and probably the best player we got. He's massive, but still moves really well.

Scott D
12/1/2009, 11:12 PM
generally as a corner if they're calling your name or you're very visible to the casual observer then you're not doing your job well.

starclassic tama
12/2/2009, 12:52 AM
i like how julian wilson got one touch on offense, and guess what, he scored. he has some serious speed and outran a jenks defensive back that had the angle. haywood looks like a serious athlete.

Salt City Sooner
3/22/2010, 02:09 PM
KT w/ some good press from Luginbill:

The son of former Oklahoma QB Charles Thompson is getting to do much more with his arm than his dad got an opportunity to do and Kendal is a nice combination of athleticism, arm strength and footwork. While Kendal Thompson, an Oklahoma commit, has spent most of his time in the shotgun spread, he displayed very good rhythm and timing with his feet dropping from center. He flashes nice touch and enough zip to make all the necessary throws because he understands timing and when to get the ball out.

Thompson has the look of a dual-threat and is more than capable of making plays with his legs, but he is a passer first. For a left-handed QB he does not have a wind-up, but he does show a very quirky, compact delivery. He is part pusher, part passer. He showed good zip and pop and is very accurate. Thompson has also grown at least an inch and is hovering right at 6-foot-2 with plenty of room for frame development and added bulk. Thompson could play in the spread, pro-style and multiple set and is a player who is pretty polished at this stage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5018187

Herr Scholz
3/22/2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah... all of OUr talent is from Texas. All of it.

All.

Of.

It.

We're nothing without those :texan:s...

Every other member of your current recruiting class is from Texas. Just sayin.

Eielson
3/22/2010, 03:58 PM

McCoy wasn't, Gresham wasn't, and Bradford wasn't. Those were the best three players on last year's team.

It doesn't matter, though. Most kids don't have a choice where they live while in high school, and none have a choice where they were born. Once they graduate they have more of a choice. If they choose to live in a better place, then we welcome that decision. Think of us as saviors.

Herr Scholz
3/22/2010, 04:00 PM
McCoy wasn't, Gresham wasn't, and Bradford wasn't. Those were the best three players on last year's team.
I know. Just being a wiseass.

It doesn't matter, though. Most kids don't have a choice where they live while in high school, and none have a choice where they were born. Once they graduate they have more of a choice. If they choose to live in a better place, then we welcome that decision. Think of us as saviors.
Kind of like DKR who's been in Austin for over half a century? See what I did there? ;)

sooner518
3/26/2010, 04:55 PM
Kind of like DKR who's been in Austin for over half a century? See what I did there? ;)

you can have him!

Collier11
3/26/2010, 06:00 PM

you do realize that they CHOOSE to leave texas and come to OU

texaspokieokie
3/27/2010, 09:22 AM
i counted texans on a 2009 game program; only 43% of OU roster.

JLEW1818
3/28/2010, 11:13 AM
Na C11, stoops paid them..... Ha.

Last but not least... Mack Brown has been a head coach for 25 years, in that time, he has only won his conference twice.. Lol