PDA

View Full Version : Husker Fans on the Ledge

SunnySooner
11/1/2009, 02:45 PM
And we thought we were having a bad season.

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38100

badger
11/1/2009, 02:49 PM
I don't see any of you talking them down from the ledge :D

StoopTroup
11/1/2009, 02:54 PM
I don't see any of you talking them down from the Stalk :D

Fixed :D :pop:

A-M
11/1/2009, 04:32 PM
I don't see any of you talking them down from the ledge :D

And why would we want to do that Badger?;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/1/2009, 04:36 PM
I don't see any of you talking them down from the ledge :DIf only their team was as dispirited!

bringit
11/1/2009, 04:56 PM
not sure why they would be on the ledge. they have sucked for quite some time now.

westcoast_sooner
11/1/2009, 10:45 PM
I'm sure much of the disarray comes from the fan base and not as much from the coaches or the team, who firmly believe they can win on Saturday.

Honestly, it doesn't look much worse than our board than when we lost to Miami, knowing we had Texas to play.

Nebraska isn't Dr. Tom's team and they don't have the talent OU has. But, I don't see the blowout we put on them last year. I think we come away with a win. Pelini is begging Synder for his game plan, but even so, I think the result is the same.

11/2/2009, 12:54 AM
I'm sure much of the disarray comes from the fan base and not as much from the coaches or the team, who firmly believe they can win on Saturday.

Honestly, it doesn't look much worse than our board than when we lost to Miami, knowing we had Texas to play.

Nebraska isn't Dr. Tom's team and they don't have the talent OU has. But, I don't see the blowout we put on them last year. I think we come away with a win. Pelini is begging Synder for his game plan, but even so, I think the result is the same.Sooners 35-nebs 13.

cjones28
11/2/2009, 01:11 AM
It's more we thought our offense would be pretty good this year but they're not. Lost our two best runningbacks, our TE got dinged up, our two best receivers aren't even dressing, our O-line is woefully unperforming, and we have no experience at QB.

Our defense is really good but our offense isn't going to beat anybody outside of Baylor and Colorado

Sooners 24
Nebraska 10

SoonerDood
11/2/2009, 01:14 AM
no experience at QB? what happened to Lee?

cjones28
11/2/2009, 01:15 AM
no experience at QB? what happened to Lee?

LOL, he is god-awful. Stares down receivers, isn't accurate, only completes 3 yard slants, is too afriad to go deep, and runs like he's wearing freaking flippers.

Now we have 4* true Freshman Cody Green who is a hell of a runner and has an amazing arm but doesn't even know the entire playbook.

w0lfe
11/2/2009, 09:15 AM
It was hard for me to read, MCAT's avatar kept catching my eye :)

Crucifax Autumn
11/2/2009, 09:24 AM
Those guys are very spelling-challenged over there.

meoveryouxinfinity
11/2/2009, 10:00 AM
If they think they have a shot because we lost to BYU... no.

If they think they have a shot because we lost to Miami...maybe.

The Maudfather
11/2/2009, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't take huskerboard too seriously. I post there and the board has been in complete meltdown mode since we lost to Texas Tech. Every week you can pretty much see a thread saying "____ Needs to be Fired!!" or "____ Needs to be Benched!!" I consider myself to be a pretty realistic husker fan and believe that you guys are going to beat us on Saturday, but I think it has the potential to be a lot closer than most OU fans would like (like maybe the football Gods will let our offense forget that they are completely inept).

Here is how I see the game playing out. Our defense keeps the game relatively close for the first and second quarter, but I think you guys pull away by a few scores in the second half because of turnovers. We are starting a true freshman QB, who is bound to make freshman mistakes.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday's game between two old rivals (Not the 6 and a half hour drive from Bartlesville though :\) Good luck this Saturday, guys.

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/2/2009, 11:03 AM
Ditto what Maud said. H-board right now is infested with a bunch of negative nancies who should, in the words of one of the regular posters over there, reach down between their legs to see if their sack is still hanging.

A-M
11/2/2009, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't take huskerboard too seriously. I post there and the board has been in complete meltdown mode since we lost to Texas Tech. Every week you can pretty much see a thread saying "____ Needs to be Fired!!" or "____ Needs to be Benched!!" I consider myself to be a pretty realistic husker fan and believe that you guys are going to beat us on Saturday, but I think it has the potential to be a lot closer than most OU fans would like (like maybe the football Gods will let our offense forget that they are completely inept).

Here is how I see the game playing out. Our defense keeps the game relatively close for the first and second quarter, but I think you guys pull away by a few scores in the second half because of turnovers. We are starting a true freshman QB, who is bound to make freshman mistakes.

I'm really looking forward to Saturday's game between two old rivals (Not the 6 and a half hour drive from Bartlesville though :\) Good luck this Saturday, guys.

Enjoy your 5 hour ride Maudfather. Be sure to wave at my old home, Park City, KS as you drive by it. The ride back will be even longer after you lose to us. It won't be quite the game of the old days, but its always good when OU and NU play each other. ;)

The Maudfather
11/2/2009, 11:34 AM
Ditto what Maud said. H-board right now is infested with a bunch of negative nancies who should, in the words of one of the regular posters over there, reach down between their legs to see if their sack is still hanging.
Okieland, you sandbaggin SOB, nice to see you.

The Maudfather
11/2/2009, 11:34 AM
Double post. FML.

The Maudfather
11/2/2009, 11:39 AM
Enjoy your 5 hour ride Maudfather. Be sure to wave at my old home, Park City, KS as you drive by it. The ride back will be even longer after you lose to us. It won't be quite the game of the old days, but its always good when OU and NU play each other. ;)
Yeah, it definitely has the potential to be a long ride home...especially since I am going with my roommate who is an OU fan. I'm just glad it's a night game...I'm ready to see the Sea of Red rockin', baby!

badger
11/2/2009, 11:47 AM
NP and I are going to game... hopefully will be healthy by then. We, too, are pleased to see that it is a night game so that we don't have to combat your Nebrasky traffic at the crack of dawn.

Go big.... crimson???? :confused:

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/2/2009, 12:00 PM

And you're a teabagger :D :D

Have fun at the game this weekend! I was hoping to make it but the schedule wouldn't allow for it.

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/2/2009, 12:00 PM

And you're a teabagger :D :D

Have fun at the game this weekend! I was hoping to make it but the schedule wouldn't allow for it.

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/2/2009, 12:01 PM

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/2/2009, 12:01 PM

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/2/2009, 12:02 PM

Have fun at the game this weekend! I was hoping to make it this year but the personal schedule won't allow for it.

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/2/2009, 12:03 PM
WTF? Sorry guys. Posting from work. Server is crap here

HuskerfaninOkieland
11/2/2009, 12:04 PM
WTF? Sorry guys. Posting from work. Server is crap here

11/2/2009, 12:24 PM
Pretty cute!

badger
11/2/2009, 12:59 PM
Health permitting, NP and I are going to make the trip. We also like that it is a night game. No worrying about combating your Nebrasky traffic at the crack of dawn.

olevetonahill
11/2/2009, 01:27 PM

So Kinda Like here Most of the time ?

westcoast_sooner
11/2/2009, 04:13 PM
LOL, he is god-awful. Stares down receivers, isn't accurate, only completes 3 yard slants, is too afriad to go deep, and runs like he's wearing freaking flippers.

Now we have 4* true Freshman Cody Green who is a hell of a runner and has an amazing arm but doesn't even know the entire playbook.

Remember, we recruited Lee. He wound up going to Nebraska.