PDA

View Full Version : All conf possibilities so far?

Collier11
11/1/2009, 01:43 PM
Trent Williams-1st team
Murray- 2nd or 3rd team if he plays the rest of the yr w/o injury
Broyles- 2nd team with outside shot at 1st
Landry- Hon Mention
Beal- 1st team, possible Def player of yr
Mccoy-1st team, possible Def player of yr
English-Hon Mention
Taylor- Hon Mention
Lewis-1st team
Clayton-Hon Mention
Reynolds- 2nd or 3rd team
Franks-2nd or 3rd team
Jackson-1st team
Carter- 3rd team or Hon mention
Way- Hon Mention

Look about right?

meoveryouxinfinity
11/1/2009, 01:49 PM
Suh will get def player of the year.. mark it down.

The media loves that guy. he gets so much damn exposure.

IronHorseSooner
11/1/2009, 01:52 PM
Eldridge might be somewhere, if there was a defined position for him.

AlbqSooner
11/1/2009, 04:07 PM
Suh will get def player of the year.. mark it down.

The media loves that guy. he gets so much damn exposure.

No, no, no. He was in a car wreck involving possible alcohol use. There was NOTHING about indecent exposure.;)

rawlingsHOH
11/1/2009, 04:28 PM
Trent Williams-1st team

Probably. Offensive line is kind of a reputation pick, anyway. Williams has been decent, not as good as Load, imo.

Collier11
11/1/2009, 04:33 PM
Thats what I was thinking, thats like some of the guys who get named finalists for these awards are all reputation when there are better players all over the country. Case in point, Tebow isnt even a top 5 QB in the country right now, leader yes, qb play no

tulsaoilerfan
11/1/2009, 04:59 PM
Trent Williams-1st team
Murray- 2nd or 3rd team if he plays the rest of the yr w/o injury
Broyles- 2nd team with outside shot at 1st
Landry- Hon Mention
Beal- 1st team, possible Def player of yr
Mccoy-1st team, possible Def player of yr
English-Hon Mention
Taylor- Hon Mention
Lewis-1st team
Clayton-Hon Mention
Reynolds- 2nd or 3rd team
Franks-2nd or 3rd team
Jackson-1st team
Carter- 3rd team or Hon mention
Way- Hon Mention

Look about right?

Taylor should be better than Hon mention and i would put McCoy and Beal both as Co-defensive players of the year; who in the league has been better than those 2?

PLaw
11/1/2009, 11:09 PM
Probably. Offensive line is kind of a reputation pick, anyway. Williams has been decent, not as good as Load, imo.

Let's see - TW plays LT. Which side did SAM get sacked from vs. BYU? Again, which side did SAM get sacked from vs. texas?

Yep, while the coaches' have raved about TW, I just haven't seen it on the field.

BOOMER

Collier11
11/1/2009, 11:17 PM
Against texas Bradford got sacked from the right side, And against BYU Williams had two guys come at him and unfortunately he let the inside guy go but it also looked like Chris Brown picked up the wrong guy.

okienole3
11/1/2009, 11:50 PM
Explain to be how Broyles Is anything but first team.

JLEW1818
11/1/2009, 11:52 PM
Landry could end up getting 2nd team

Collier11
11/1/2009, 11:57 PM
Explain to be how Broyles Is anything but first team.

Briscoe, Meyer, Shipley all have better stats, you know how the voting goes for these things, all about stats

okienole3
11/2/2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah, but Broyles has them in TDs.

Collier11
11/2/2009, 12:33 AM
If he puts up a 1000 yd season he might get it anyway

DakotaSooner
11/2/2009, 10:14 AM

I agree. Williams is over-rated for sure. There is no way that "the best o-lineman to play at OU in the last 10 years" should give up sacks and get holding penalties every game....Not impressed with him at all. Eldridge is our best O-lineman.

primetime43
11/2/2009, 10:17 AM
I haven't looked at what the other linebackers have done in the Big 12 but I don't see Lewis making first team. He doesn't seem to be having the impact he had last year.

primetime43
11/2/2009, 10:19 AM
I agree. Williams is over-rated for sure. There is no way that "the best o-lineman to play at OU in the last 10 years" should give up sacks and get holding penalties every game....Not impressed with him at all. Eldridge is our best O-lineman.

I think Trent is having a good year. Its the rest of the guys that are bringing the line down. Corey Brandon #70... worst lineman in the Stoops era...ever!!

Collier11
11/2/2009, 10:24 AM
Yet Brandon has started two straight games, the guy obviously is talented and Stoops/Patton sees something there