PDA

View Full Version : Who's coming back for 2010?

the_sooners_abide
11/1/2009, 09:05 AM
Obviously, after Sam and Jermaine there is no way McCoy comes back. I bet Beal bolts for the draft too. After those two, who else is going?

Travis Lewis? Ryan Broyles? Demarco Murray? Dominique Franks?

budbarrybob
11/1/2009, 09:07 AM
I'll be there SEC 1 ROW 66 SEATS 11,12,13.

Under da deck BABY!!!

colleyvillesooner
11/1/2009, 09:11 AM
Sec 3, row 41, seats 25 & 26!

the_sooners_abide
11/1/2009, 09:14 AM
Let me re-phrase the question: what OU players from the 2009 team, who still have eligibility following this season, will be wearing crimson and cream in 2010?

IronHorseSooner
11/1/2009, 09:59 AM
Again, these are guys who even remotely consider to go:

Underclassmen, likely come back: DM, Taylor, Franks, Broyles, Carter (all of these guys would be late round picks or UFAs)

Underclassmen, toss up: Beal, T. Lewis
(Could be, at best, 2nd rounders due to the high number of entries this year)

Underclassmen, gone: Sam and GK
(High draft picks)

Also, look for RR to get his 6th year. He ought to be a shoo-in for it.

Overall, on D, I see us replacing GK, English, Clayton, and Jackson. Respectively, their replacements would be McFarland, Alexander, Box, and Hurst. Most would feel pretty comfortable with those guys in there.

On O, I don't figure in Sam and Gresham, because they have been out all year. We would replace Brown, Clapp, Brody, T-Will, Simmons, and Pooh. Replacing them will likely be Calhoun, Mensik (like an H-Back), Hanna, Vinson, Jeffries, and Jaz (if we don't get either White nor Prater, but I don't see that happening). Calhoun should be OK; Mensik is experienced; Hanna is improving; Vinson is at least big, Jeffries has been getting starting reps, and a young, big play guy should be good on the outside.

IMHO, we should be able to fill the gaps on D, WR, and RB. The most critical places that guys are going to have to step forward are LT, TE, and FB. We have plenty of guys who COULD step forward at all of these positions, but the remainder of the regular season, the bowl season, spring, and fall camps will be all about finding answers at those three positions.