PDA

View Full Version : Did we sandbag until playing OU?

TJKDone
11/1/2009, 12:12 AM
I have "heard" quite a lot about how we sacrificed the running game in order to catch you guys by surprise in the RRS. The fact that we were able to run the ball well against probably the best front 7 in the country leads me to believe the answer is yes.

I am really struggling, in a good way, to believe how the season has unfolded thus far. We had high hopes, but the offensive struggles until the OU game had given me pause that we could have a special season. Ever since we've made the changes at wideout, we are looking awesome on offense to go along with an elite D. Man did we just put the clamps on Z. Robinson and okie lite or what?

Great win against K-State, they are much more salty than I expected this year. Landry will be a good one.

Hook'em

the_edge
11/1/2009, 12:15 AM
Texas had 275 total yards against a pretty ****ty OSU defense. I'm not sure what solace you're looking for.

picasso
11/1/2009, 12:21 AM
Just think if our D could catch those wobblers that Colt threw like Texas did tonight.

sigh.

StoopTroup
11/1/2009, 12:23 AM
I don't give a damn what texas did against us. That's their freaking problem.

If they had some sort of strategy against us...it worked. If it gave them an edge after that...it wasn't anything to do with us.

Funky G
11/1/2009, 12:23 AM
The season has "unfolded" with a horrible Big 12 and a soft non-conference schedule. Our offense is extremely limited due to injuries. With Gresham and Bradford we are undefeated.

yermom
11/1/2009, 12:54 AM
if our freshman backup QB doesn't play like a freshman, you guys probably lose

you scored ONE TD on our defense

and that was with at least two gift possessions

En_Fuego
11/1/2009, 03:05 AM
Give Texas Credit and Quit Crying

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2009, 04:06 AM
texass can suck my ***. Thye probbaly go to the mnc this year thanks to a combination of EVERYONE having a down year, OU having so many injuries, and the media feeling sorry for their *.

Gotta hand it to yellerteef. His whining worked, even if it took another season to work out.

kevpks
11/1/2009, 07:55 AM

Who's crying? A dude goes on a Sooner board looking for accolades for Texas. People give their honest opinions. Most people on this board did give Texas credit for the win, but I am not going to give Texas credit for being anything more than they are: a solid team in a down year in the Big XII.

Sooner70
11/1/2009, 08:00 AM
Texas has lucked out so far, but there's nothing wrong with that. To get to the NC dance sometimes takes a little luck. A soft non conf schedule & playing OU with some key injuries..Bradford, Gresham among them, helps them along. I don't see where Texas is an awsomely overpowering team, though. They're starting to develop some more offensive diversity, which helps them, but their main claim to fame is defense. This TV talk about UT being the best all around team in the nation is momentary hogwash. Reminds me of all the talk about OU in 2003, I think, when the talk was "..this is the best college team ever assembled...", then it crashed & burned. OSU helped Texas a lot in this one.

IronHorseSooner
11/1/2009, 08:22 AM
No doubt, * is a GOOD team, but not a GREAT team. Their team this year isn't as good as the one last year. Their secondary will look to carry them this year and next year, as the rest of the team will be pretty green. For *, this is the year that they MUST win the Big XII, and represent the conference in the MNC. Next year, it should go back to business as usual with us on top.

85sooners
11/1/2009, 09:29 AM
****EM!!!!!!

WestAustinSooner
11/1/2009, 09:37 AM
Texas had the ball taken away at their own 10 yard line before the half and it wasn't reviewed. even the announcers were baffled. If OSU scores there, its a 17-14 game at half. That non-call was huge.

StoopTroup
11/1/2009, 10:36 AM
Landry will be a good one.

You should have had that figured out after he nearly walked that RRSO Trophy out of the Stadium.

Jacie
11/1/2009, 10:41 AM
Texas had the ball taken away at their own 10 yard line before the half and it wasn't reviewed. even the announcers were baffled. If OSU scores there, its a 17-14 game at half. That non-call was huge.

It wouldn't have mattered if any of three calls had gone against the whorns instead of the aggies, except make the score a little closer. They still would have won. No one wanted to block or catch for Robinson and their defense was overmatched by Ponyboy and co.

Socrefbek
11/1/2009, 10:58 AM
Tuck Fexas! :texan:

Whorns should be castrated not heard.

Sooner Eclipse
11/1/2009, 11:12 AM
To th OPs remark - Mack was keeping klot in the pocket. Wisely trying to protect him for later in the season. That and a lack of recievers emerging early in the season other than shipley. 2nd qtr of RRS mack pulled the tampon out of klot and let him run a bit and you had a young receiver that started catching the ball. That caused venebles to rethink his scheme for the game.

It wouldn't have mattered if any of three calls had gone against the whorns instead of the aggies, except make the score a little closer. They still would have won. No one wanted to block or catch for Robinson and their defense was overmatched by Ponyboy and co.

Not true. Look at our game. Part of our problem is that our players thought the game was over after 21-6. Kstate didn't. OSU gave up at one point, but it wouldn't have been at 17-14.

picasso
11/1/2009, 11:26 AM

You gotta give them props for spanking the Aggies at home like that.

Soonerman08
11/1/2009, 12:19 PM
You gotta give them props for spanking the Aggies at home like that.

Not really. A Dez Bryant-less OSU is a subpar team. They have a horrible pass D (what else is new with OSU)?

yermom
11/1/2009, 12:33 PM

they were sandbagging until they played us?

i might let that go if they stomped us. they didn't. they beat us by 3

they apparently made some half-time adjustments, i'll give them that

meoveryouxinfinity
11/1/2009, 12:41 PM
I hope Florida wins out because Texas *WOULD* get stuck with someone like Iowa in the championship game. Pffft. Cakewalk. Better yet, I hope Iowa and Florida win out, Penn State and Ohio State make the Big 10 look good, Oklahoma State and everyone else in the Big XII looks bad, and Texas gets left out of the picture. Again.

Deuces horn.

yermom
11/1/2009, 01:02 PM
i'm pulling for an Iowa/Natti BCS championship game :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/1/2009, 01:32 PM
Give Texas Credit and Quit CryingHoly mackerel. Joking, right?

11/1/2009, 01:37 PM
You gotta give them props for spanking the Aggies at home like that.The officiating crew from Austin doesn't care where their whorns are playing.

11/1/2009, 01:40 PM
i'm pulling for an Iowa/Natti BCS championship game :DBetter hope FU and Bammer stay undefeated til their conference championship game. Otherwise, it'll be TX vs somebody they can likely beat.

TXBOOMER
11/1/2009, 01:50 PM
Better hope FU and Bammer stay undefeated til their conference championship game. Otherwise, it'll be TX vs somebody they can likely beat.

Florida has Vanderbilt, Florida Int. and FSU at home and South Carolina on the road. I don't see them losing.

Alabama has LSU, at Mississippi State, at Auburn and Chattanooga. No as easy of a schedule.

bluedogok
11/1/2009, 02:00 PM
No doubt, * is a GOOD team, but not a GREAT team. Their team this year isn't as good as the one last year. Their secondary will look to carry them this year and next year, as the rest of the team will be pretty green. For *, this is the year that they MUST win the Big XII, and represent the conference in the MNC. Next year, it should go back to business as usual with us on top.
They are lucky that no one else looks "great" this season as well, someone "good but not great" is going to win the MNC this season.

Not true. Look at our game. Part of our problem is that our players thought the game was over after 21-6. Kstate didn't. OSU gave up at one point, but it wouldn't have been at 17-14.
This ^
If OSU would have got the ball on the 10 and scored they may not have gone into "panic mode" so quickly.

The officiating crew from Austin doesn't care where their whorns are playing.
That wasn't an Austin based crew, I don't know where they are from but not Austin.

SoonerSinger3
11/1/2009, 02:26 PM
Everyone knows the old saying "excuses are like ***holes, everyone has got one". Look, perhaps it is a down year in the Big 12, no doubt losing Gresham and Bradford greatly affected our offense in a negative way, sure if Landry doesn't play like a Freshman we probably beat Texas. But you know what? All of those things happened so I'm going to use the old cliche "it is what it is". We can't change anything so everyone be a MAN(hehe) and quit finding excuses for why Texas is having an undefeated season so far and we have 3 losses.

BASSooner
11/1/2009, 03:07 PM

Credit????

The best credit that they deserve is that the beat a VERY medicore OU team by 3 points. Like their past seasons, they have played NO prestigious non-conference opponents (with the exception of tOSU, and TCU...another match was to be played but texass backed out of it). None of their victories justify that they are a #2/#3 team in the country. They havn't played anybody in the top 10. (OSU doesn't count ;) )

I won't be surprised if they end up in the NC game, but that'll be just an easy victory for the Gators/Tide (more so gators)

TXBOOMER
11/1/2009, 04:04 PM
Lot's of ball left to play. Let's not crown them. Injuries can F any team any week. It is a long season.

OUinFLA
11/1/2009, 06:15 PM
Dez Bryant plays and most of those dropped passes by Anjole or what ever his fumble fingered name is, would be caught. osu had no passing game without Bryant. I saw 4 passes dropped by him that I know Dez would have caught. Could have been a much closer game.
Anyway, texas is on top and that could lead to a MNC berth.
Can't say I'd really rather have osu on top. Except that we get to play them later.

East Coast Bias
11/1/2009, 06:24 PM
I believe they will roll through their schedule, then get killed by Florida or Alabama in the title game. They pretty much have one of those coming....I want to see Boise vs. TCU. Oregons win over USC gives Boise some degree of credibility.

Scott D
11/1/2009, 07:40 PM
The only thing I'm sure about is that Texas fans lead the nation in voluntarily being teabagged and enjoying it.

FaninAma
11/1/2009, 08:01 PM

You mean Texas got the benefit of a questionable
call in a critical juncture of a Big 12 game?

I am shocked I tell you...... absolutely shocked!

FaninAma
11/1/2009, 08:50 PM

i'm pulling for an Iowa/Natti BCS championship game :D

Can you imagine the howling and gnashing
of teeth in Austin if Iowa wins out and
jumped Texas in the BCS?

FaninAma
11/1/2009, 09:03 PM
I have "heard" quite a lot about how we sacrificed the running game in order to catch you guys by surprise in the RRS. The fact that we were able to run the ball well against probably the best front 7 in the country leads me to believe the answer is yes.

I am really struggling, in a good way, to believe how the season has unfolded thus far. We had high hopes, but the offensive struggles until the OU game had given me pause that we could have a special season. Ever since we've made the changes at wideout, we are looking awesome on offense to go along with an elite D. Man did we just put the clamps on Z. Robinson and okie lite or what?

Great win against K-State, they are much more salty than I expected this year. Landry will be a good one.

Hook'em

Run that by me again? Texas struggled
offensively until the OU game?

As somebody already pointed out Colt's
biggest play of the game was the game
saving tackle on what should have been
his 3rd interception of the game.

yermom
11/1/2009, 11:11 PM
Can you imagine the howling and gnashing
of teeth in Austin if Iowa wins out and
jumped Texas in the BCS?