PDA

View Full Version : TX looks to be the Big 12 sacrificial lamb..

Funky G
10/31/2009, 10:41 PM
in the BCS Championship game this year. Can they continue to get all the meaningful calls? We'll see..

sooner94
10/31/2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah, but Florida and Bama have not impressed me either.

I think Texas could beat both of them.

Funky G
10/31/2009, 11:02 PM
I think Bama and FL D is like OU's so they should have the advantage. However, if the opposing defense touches McCoy it's an automatic first down..

TXBOOMER
10/31/2009, 11:03 PM
Right now, I think texass could beat either of them. Bama just doesn't have enough O. Florida is not as good as they were last year. A long time between now and January. I mean you can be good one day then your best playmaker could go down with a knee injury and the next week your QB could dick his shoulder up and miss the rest of the year. You just never know.

VA Sooner
10/31/2009, 11:41 PM
Still a ways to go in the season... Bama started out strong but the offense just fizzled away. Tennessee has finally found their mojo... and should have upset Bama last week.

Florida just isn't the same without Harvin. They need another receiver.

Texas has found their stride... we'll see how it goes.

TJKDone
10/31/2009, 11:45 PM
Comes down to QB play and D. I know you guys don't like it, but we have the best D in the Big 12 and are a push with either FL or Bama in that dept. At QB, well we smoke Bama but the Right Reverend is a force to be reconded with.

I would say vs Bama we have the edge, vs Fl they do.

Sure is fun to be discussing the possibilities!

Hook'em

Funky G
11/1/2009, 12:09 AM
Agree the D's are about even when comparing TX, FL, and Bama, but TX offense is very one dimensional.

FL and Bama's offenses are balanced, which gives the edge in a defensive struggle.

Shouldn't matter as TCU and Boise should play for it all ... ;)

Curly Bill
11/1/2009, 02:34 AM
Saxet can't beat either Bama or the Gaytors. They indeed appear to be the sacrificial lamb.

IronHorseSooner
11/1/2009, 08:06 AM
Saxet can't beat either Bama or the Gaytors. They indeed appear to be the sacrificial lamb.

Bingo! Two wins over two teams not exactly known for their D, Mizzou and OSU, and with injuries and other issues on O, doesn't exactly equate to making * better than either one of those teams. The style of D played with 'Bama and FLA will be very similar to OUrs, and their O & STs are good enough to get them a win. The game would likely be very similar to OUrs against FLA last year.

soonerhubs
11/1/2009, 08:35 AM
It does help when officiating crews keep Saxet's offense on the field with magical flags as well.

the_sooners_abide
11/1/2009, 08:44 AM
dear god, please don't let texas win the championship. let tcu, iowa, or anyone else, except florida.

IronHorseSooner
11/1/2009, 08:48 AM
I wouldn't mind FLA, because the inflation of that team couldn't be much more, but * would not be good. The best match up all of those would be 'Bama and Iowa.

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2009, 08:51 AM
I know you guys don't like it, but we have the best D in the Big 12 !

That has to be the most ridiculous statement of the year. Your stellar D could barely stop our second team when all the air came out of our sails.

That's enough replying to the delusions of the whorn fanbase though.

As for the possibility of texass playing for the mnc, I truly hope it's not against floriduh because with the fantasy lives whorns live if they were to beat timmy and company in a much weaker state than they were in last year...and in a more neutral location...the little Macks of the world would claim that as proof that all the flying banners were right last year and swear on the bible that they would have beat the much more powerful gaytors of last year by 40 touchdowns.

Please God, for all that is holy, let these azzclowns lose a game or 2 to avoid the dooshbaggery that would certainly follow a win by the longtards.

the_sooners_abide
11/1/2009, 08:55 AM
BTW, did anyone know that Colt and Shipley are roommates and best friends? they mentioned it during the game last night. isn't that great? even their brothers are friends. can these two d-bags finally leave and take tebow with them?

budbarrybob
11/1/2009, 09:10 AM
Right now, I think texass could beat either of them. Bama just doesn't have enough O. Florida is not as good as they were last year. A long time between now and January. I mean you can be good one day then your best playmaker could go down with a knee injury and the next week your QB could dick his shoulder up and miss the rest of the year. You just never know.

:eek: Stop taking such nonsense! We all know the odds of that are... well they are so big its not even worth calculating!

soonervegas
11/1/2009, 09:16 AM
Just get ready....Texas will be cleaning up our mess for the 2nd time in 5 years.

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2009, 09:19 AM
So what...texass are the jizz-moppers of the big 12 now?

Sasakwa
11/1/2009, 06:34 PM
If it is Texas and Florida it will be 2005 all over again. Just like 2005, the Florida team Texas will face will not be the team that OU played the year before. Florida looked better yesterday, Bama may lose this week.

sooner ngintunr
11/1/2009, 06:42 PM
* loses to aggy while wearing their throwbacks.

Another team from Texas (TCU) plays for the MNC.

Hilarity ensues.

JLEW1818
11/1/2009, 07:28 PM
still calling bull **** on texas beating Florida or Bama

last year we had the highest scoring offense since when?? ever?

14 against Florida

hell, Bama scored 20 on Florida last year.

look what Ole Miss did to Tech last year

LSU to Georgia Tech

The SEC is way better, if u cant admit it, ur just crazy

Rocker
11/1/2009, 08:17 PM
Shouldn't matter as TCU and Boise should play for it all ... ;)

Agreed

orangesunset
11/1/2009, 08:30 PM
Texas will win the National Championship against a strangely under-performing Florida team.

JLEW1818
11/1/2009, 08:33 PM
Teblow aint losing to butt bed buddies

bluedogok
11/1/2009, 08:34 PM
If it is going to be UT and an SEC team, please let it be Bama.

JLEW1818
11/1/2009, 08:37 PM
maybe its just me but

i would still rather see Tebow win another Heisman and another national championship before texas

why would yall want texas to win anything?

bluedogok
11/1/2009, 08:39 PM
To me Florida-UT would be about the same as the USC-UT Rose Bowl, it leaves me somehow wishing the stadium get swallowed up by a sinkhole or something....metaphorically of course :D

tulsaoilerfan
11/1/2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, but Florida and Bama have not impressed me either.

I think Texas could beat both of them.

Me 2; at this point i think there are about a half dozen teams that could possibly win it all; i've seen more football this year than i usually watch and IMO there isn't any team out there that you could say really stands out from the crowd

nmsoonergirl
11/1/2009, 11:14 PM
I'm still pretending that Texas is going to lose two games...

SGT Park3R
11/2/2009, 03:16 AM
dear god, please don't let texas win the championship. let tcu, iowa, or anyone else, except florida.

Amen.

SGT Park3R
11/2/2009, 03:19 AM
maybe its just me but

i would still rather see Tebow win another Heisman and another national championship before texas

why would yall want texas to win anything?

Exactly!

Anyone, even Oregon, but not TexA$$.

EnragedOUfan
11/2/2009, 03:44 AM
Hate to say it, but I think we should all from now on root for Florida to win out. Even against Bama. Yes, I hate Florida and Tebow just a much as all of you, but I feel that Florida is the only team that can beat Texas. Tebow and Meyer know how to win, they run the spread offense to perfection, Tebow is lethal on the ground, and Florida has athletes that are equal/better than those of Texas. I like Alabama, but I think Texas' defense would shut down Bama's running game and Bama is not a slinging the rock team to me. Bama's D is stout, but a dynamic offense is required and Bama doesn't have it compared to Florida. Florida's offense on the other hand to me is dangerous because you have to defend against the run, pass, and Tebow's scrambling ablilities. Overall, I think Florida is the team that can beat Texas. It irritates to high heaven that no one in the Big 12 besides OU can defend against UT's short passing game to Shipley or McCoy's scrambling. But, I also have to give it to UT because their offense is effective. Would it suck to see Florida win their 3rd national championship this decade? Yes. Would it suck to see the SEC take home another Sears trophy? Yes. Would it suck to have to hear about Tim Tebow as one of the all time greatest? Yes. Would it suck to see Texas win another national championship and gain a big advantage at recruiting? Yes it would and this is why we need Florida to win it all. Not to mention, I hope to never see Texas win anything in my lifetime. I know it sucks..............BOOMER!

TexasLidig8r
11/2/2009, 09:13 AM
still calling bull **** on texas beating Florida or Bama

last year we had the highest scoring offense since when?? ever?

14 against Florida

hell, Bama scored 20 on Florida last year.

look what Ole Miss did to Tech last year

LSU to Georgia Tech

The SEC is way better, if u cant admit it, ur just crazy

Ok.. let's look at those "mighty" SEC teams...

There's Florida... the same Florida whose passing offense is ranked.... 90th in college football this year. Have you seen Percy Havin at the Vikings? He no longer plays for Florida...

Then there's Alabama... 1st, they have already claimed the MNC for this year making their elevety billionth championship.. but besides that.. as of last week.. their passing offense was ranked... 80th in college football AND.. they haven't had a touchdown pass in the last 3 games. You have Julio Jones? get him the flippin ball.. they don't.

Then there's the Mad Hatter's team.. LSU.. have they discovered a good quarterback yet? Yeah.. didn't think so. They played one team of substance.. Florida and they scored a whopping 3 points. If those two teams were in the Big XII, the talking heads would be saying... "oh.. what a sloppy game!".. But since the SEC has a multibillion dollar contract with ESPN, it's "Oh.. what a defensive struggle!"

Then there's.. well.. a bunch of teams named Herb.

We have not yet played a complete game.. and the defense, (the same defense that held you to your second lowest rushing total in the history of your storied program this year)... is improving each and every game. Hell, our defense scored as many points as the OSU offense! (oh.. if only OSU had played a mighty SEC team to see how they stack up.. oh wait!!! they did!)

Save me the SEC is Greater than Great platitudes.

badger
11/2/2009, 09:31 AM
Texas has to win out. There's still a lot of undefeated teams ready to cry foul when they are omitted in favor of two of the many other undefeated teams invited to the title game.

If UT faces KSU in the title game, look for UT to get upset a la 2003.

soonerboy
11/2/2009, 09:43 AM
Comes down to QB play and D. I know you guys don't like it, but we have the best D in the Big 12 and are a push with either FL or Bama in that dept. At QB, well we smoke Bama but the Right Reverend is a force to be reconded with.

I would say vs Bama we have the edge, vs Fl they do.

Sure is fun to be discussing the possibilities!

Hook'em

Ok this is the second thread i've seen where you look for us to give you props and tell you how good texas is. I hate to break this to you but The Big 12 freaking sucks this year and Texas just happens to have a couple balls roll their way and they escape, Texas sucks something fierce get over it.

TexasLidig8r
11/2/2009, 10:44 AM
..., Texas sucks something fierce get over it.

Meaning ... that Ou sucks even fiercer? :D

A-M
11/2/2009, 11:35 AM

Didn't you read the part where 'sooner boy' said "The Big 12 freaking sucks this year"? :D

A-M
11/2/2009, 11:36 AM

Didn't you read the part where 'sooner boy' said "The Big 12 freaking sucks this year"? :D

Bourbon St Sooner
11/2/2009, 12:29 PM
TX = Boise State
They have a one game season. Of course in that one game I would have expected them to beat a team that lost to BYU by more than 3 points, especially when that team gives them 5 turnovers.

Statalyzer
11/2/2009, 05:54 PM
That's right, OU just gave them away, Aaron Williams didn't make a great leap on the sidelines and Earl Thomas didn't blast Kenney in the backfield and knock the ball out. Sounds like UT fans saying they would have won in 2007 if not for Jamaal Charles handing OU a fumble as if Curtis Lofton didn't strip the ball loose and Jamaal just inexplicably dropped it.

East Coast Bias
11/2/2009, 07:54 PM
I can't believe you guys are ready to crown Texas national champs(over Florida or Bama?) after they beat a hapless OSU team.They have hit their stride,yada,yada,yada. Can we not buy into all the Television hype for once? Texas couldn't stay in the game with Boise, TCU, Oregon, or USC let alone Bama or Florida.

sooner ngintunr
11/2/2009, 09:46 PM
I'm loving how all of these whorns already have * @ 12-0.

karma's a bitch and * sux.

Funky G
11/3/2009, 11:20 AM
OU took Texas to the wire with the 2nd team offense. Texas cupcake schedule will haunt them dearly in the end..

TexasLidig8r
11/3/2009, 01:26 PM
Texas couldn't stay in the game with Boise, TCU, Oregon, or USC let alone Bama or Florida.

And what do 5 of those 6 teams all have in common???

They ALL recently beat a Stoopsie coached Ou team! :D

At least try to pretend like you know something about college football.

fwsooner22
11/3/2009, 01:31 PM
You know what they have in common with UT. Nothing cause UT plays Central Florida, UTEP, RICE and whatever else.

Nothing matters at this point because if we win our bowl game and UT loses the national championship WE had a better season.

UT taught us the logic of how to end a season. I love it when what goes around comes around. Spectating is so much more fun.

I'm gonna miss the banners and the blame game. It's gonna have to fall on the big broad UT shoulders this time around. Lose and you suck. That's what UT has taught us.

We always thought it was better to play with the big dogs and take a chance on losing than settle for kicking the puppy around. Boy were we wrong OR were we ?

TexasLidig8r
11/5/2009, 08:10 AM
You know what they have in common with UT. Nothing cause UT plays Central Florida, UTEP, RICE and whatever else.

Epic fail. At least get UT's schedule correct.

Nothing matters at this point because if we win our bowl game and UT loses the national championship WE had a better season.

And the last time you won a bowl game was... when Reagan was in the White House?

UT taught us the logic of how to end a season. I love it when what goes around comes around. Spectating is so much more fun.

Yes we did. It's called... winning a bowl game. Remember when you USED to be Oklahoma and could do this? ... I didn't think so.

I'm gonna miss the banners and the blame game. It's gonna have to fall on the big broad UT shoulders this time around. Lose and you suck. That's what UT has taught us.

No.. lose 5 straight bowl games.. play .500 ball outside your home state.. haven't won a close game in .. oh. .forever.. instead of giving credit to your opponent, find excuses for every loss... THAT is what suckitude is.

We always thought it was better to play with the big dogs and take a chance on losing than settle for kicking the puppy around. Boy were we wrong OR were we ?

The thing is.. every time you play with the big dogs... including Texas.. you lose.

We don't.

MrJimBeam
11/5/2009, 08:36 AM
The thing is.. every time you play with the big dogs... including Texas.. you lose.

We don't.

How times have changed, we were saying the same thing to you 6 years ago.