PDA

View Full Version : Landry

Okie35
10/31/2009, 09:44 PM
Played a hell of a game 26/37 294 yards 4tds 0ints... as well as the receivers... Broyles always comes through its expected but Tennell and especially Miller balled out.

P.S.

Defense I still love you but if you overlook another team again :mad: and give over 364 yards. I don't care if it was a Snyder coached team. KSU did play a hell of a game though and mistake free until that interception by Q Carter.

gaylordfan1
10/31/2009, 09:56 PM
Landy is a blessing......
The def fell short tonight~ Hell, after the first Q I thought it may be a shutout!

rawlingsHOH
10/31/2009, 09:59 PM
Landy is a blessing......
The def fell short tonight~ Hell, after the first Q I thought it may be a shutout!

I credit Snyder. That guy is a fantastic play caller. He's used our aggressiveness against us since 2000.

And those long drives really gassed the D. They were chasing their tails.

Landry is great. Similar to Sam in 07.

Big D Sooner
10/31/2009, 10:02 PM
It looked like the light came on tonight for Landry. He's been good, but tonight he looked sharp, accurate, and in total control.

westcoast_sooner
10/31/2009, 10:03 PM
IMO, Dejuan's best game as a Sooner. Landry was very sharp tonight. Only thought there were a couple of mistakes. Broyles had a great night.

IMO, the best performance of the season by the offense. OL starting to come together. Demarco - nice tough game by him, too. Really like the way he runs.

StoopTroup
10/31/2009, 10:06 PM
We've got a lot of blessings.

We've got a great backup QB.

We've got great Coaches.

We've got great players who step up when the chips are really down.

We're on our way to Nebraska...get by that and we are just waiting on texas to post another *.

olevetonahill
10/31/2009, 10:09 PM
Fire em all
Every dayum coach
Run the Players Off and start over :D

gaylordfan1
10/31/2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, Murray looked tough.... Brown seems to down this year. Is he?

soonerinkaty
10/31/2009, 10:30 PM
Is it wierd that I'm poppin' one?

boner

sooner94
10/31/2009, 10:31 PM
Landry's accuracy was great tonight. As good as he has been this year, you can see the improvement.

And I loved the throw to Broyles down to the 1 when he was rolling left. Great velocity and it was on the money throwing on the move.

SunnySooner
10/31/2009, 10:35 PM
Makes me wonder how many teams out there watched Landry tonite and thought, "He's the 2nd string? Damn." If we can't have Sam, I'll take Landry everyday and twice on Saturday, he looked mature beyond his years, we're in good hands. And did ya hear Broyles after the game, "We all know Landry can play", they seem to have great confidence in him as well.

salth2o
10/31/2009, 10:42 PM
The future definitely looks bright for Landry. I love his poise and demeanor on the field.

ocsooner
10/31/2009, 10:46 PM
We've got a lot of blessings.

We've got a great backup QB.

We've got great Coaches.

We've got great players who step up when the chips are really down.

We're on our way to Nebraska...get by that and we are just waiting on texas to post another *.

Landry is definitely the bright spot in the season. We keep coming up with spectacular QBs year after year. I thought it was Leach's recruits, but they keep coming.

Awesome to be a Sooner.

Tailwind
10/31/2009, 10:55 PM
I am very impressed with that kid! And next season he will be even better!

AlbqSooner
10/31/2009, 11:01 PM
I watched Landry a few times in high school. I have always believed in his abilities. He seems to have made the adjustment to big time college ball. His team mates seem to believe in him. The O line seems to be gelling. We have a LOT of underclassmen getting valuable experience.

With the rookie salary cap seeming inevitable, perhaps Landry will stay long enough to erect another Statue in the park.

Hotrod3157
10/31/2009, 11:03 PM
Its great to see Landry playing this way. Its the best he's looked all year. Can't help but think this helps our recruiting of the big time receivers we're after for next year. Gonna be fun watching his improvement the rest of the season.

OUAlumni1990
10/31/2009, 11:04 PM
With the rookie salary cap seeming inevitable, perhaps Landry will stay long enough to erect another Statue in the park.

He just might...

ocsooner
10/31/2009, 11:06 PM

I have been thinking this, afraid to say anything...

Desert Sapper
10/31/2009, 11:07 PM
who is our backup QB? Drew Allen?

ocsooner
10/31/2009, 11:10 PM
who is our backup QB? Drew Allen?

Don't even think it. We are done with freak injuries this season.

OUAlumni1990
10/31/2009, 11:15 PM
Landry seems like a bend but don't break QB. I think we'll be fine.

VA Sooner
10/31/2009, 11:37 PM
Landry is getting better and better every week and no pressure of having a Heisman QB in the limelight.

He will be a machine as well... and now that we have a set of receivers.

BOOMER SOONER!

westcoast_sooner
10/31/2009, 11:48 PM
IMO, you compare Landry this year with Sam his Freshman year and I think it's pretty favorable to Landry. Sam had the luxury of being behind a veteran O-Line by that point. But Landry and the entire offense are learning to work together as the season progresses. This is by far, Landry and the offense's best outing. Got some yards running the football and Landry kept drives going. We've got some play makers. Just need to get more consistent. One more win to bowl eligibility. I think we get it next week in Lincoln.

VA Sooner
10/31/2009, 11:50 PM
He's got a good presence in the pocket and is getting more comfortable. A little more confidence on that QB bootlegs and he'll be a terror next year. He's got a rifle for an arm.

StoopTroup
10/31/2009, 11:52 PM
Who should we fire? :D ;)

OUHOMER
11/1/2009, 10:16 AM

The water girls were a little slow. maybe because it wasnt 100 degrees out there :D

tulsaoilerfan
11/1/2009, 10:19 AM
Landry looks so much better, but i think alot of it is because the receivers are finally catching the ball; how come Miller hasn't played more this season? It really boggles the mind as to why this kid never saw a ball during the Texass game

Socrefbek
11/1/2009, 10:53 AM
Nice game for the Offense, defense did not contain well and over pursued.

However, this was K-State playing in Norman

http://espn.go.com/ncf/teams/schedule?teamId=2306

Lost to freakin U-La-La and squeeked by Iowa State. Got +60 hung on them by TTech.

OU still hasn't defeated a top 25 program this year. I'll reserve judgement after they face this tough stretch of games coming up.

@ Nebbish and TTech with twin aggies coming to Norman.

OU has a definite challenge to get thru those 4 games unscathed. :gary:

VMG
11/1/2009, 02:53 PM
Landry did a great job last night of keeping some plays alive with movement out of the pocket. For example, the short 3d down pass to Broyles that paid the check after the 1st and 45. Broyles' talents clearly turned something small into the first down, but Landry's pocket-sense and movement forward kept the play alive in the face of a strong rush, and allowed him to get the ball to Broyles. He is certainly not a scrambler, but he is deft enough with his feet to keep things alive and in control when it all breaks down a bit.

Recalling the spring game, it's remarkable to see how much Landry has 'grown' -- presence, poise, energy, mechanics, delivery... appears we have another winner. (Credit Josh Heupel?)

bluedogok
11/1/2009, 03:10 PM
Nice game for the Offense, defense did not contain well and over pursued.

However, this was K-State playing in Norman

http://espn.go.com/ncf/teams/schedule?teamId=2306

Lost to freakin U-La-La and squeeked by Iowa State. Got +60 hung on them by TTech.

OU still hasn't defeated a top 25 program this year. I'll reserve judgement after they face this tough stretch of games coming up.

@ Nebbish and TTech with twin aggies coming to Norman.

OU has a definite challenge to get thru those 4 games unscathed. :gary:
This K-State team took awhile to get it together, they are not the same team they were early in the season. Look at how Tech has looked the past two weeks, you can't compare games anymore as it seems like a different team shows up week to week for almost everyone. KSU is still leading the Big 12 North and aTm is much improved from early in the season.

It's just another "weird" season which seems to the norm rather than the exception.

A-M
11/1/2009, 04:12 PM
LJ is gooking better each game. Having the O line gel a little seems to help. Next year should be really good for him. Looking forward to it!

prrriiide
11/1/2009, 06:16 PM

You know who I think.

I am amazed that he can outscheme texass so badly, and then get pantsed by KSU.

freshchris05
11/1/2009, 08:41 PM
Landry's arm is ridiculous, he needs a permit for it.

Timing and accuracy will get even better, since he's only a freshman. It's exciting to think we have another young qb performing beyond his years. Feels like Dynasty mode in NCAA. heh.
The thing about Landry that is most surprising to me is that almost every pass he is throwing on the run. That could be dangerous to opposing teams especially once he starts running through all of his checkdowns and reads. He seems to stare down his receivers and stick with his first and second reads.

But he is still young but, we got a good one.

Boomer! Sooner!

Bourbon St Sooner
11/2/2009, 01:00 PM
Landry is definitely the bright spot in the season. We keep coming up with spectacular QBs year after year. I thought it was Leach's recruits, but they keep coming.

Awesome to be a Sooner.

I think there's another common thread named Josh Heupel. He has to be looked at as one of the best QB coaches in the country now.

janderson255
11/2/2009, 01:34 PM
What happened to the stache?