rawlingsHOH
10/31/2009, 08:43 PM
2000, 2001, 2003. He knows something.

rawlingsHOH
10/31/2009, 09:01 PM
This is 00/01 all over again.

westcoast_sooner
10/31/2009, 10:13 PM
1st qtr - D looked really good. Snyder the crafty coach saw something that they exploited. Thomas was harder to stop than I thought he would be. Yet another special teams bust tonight that kept the game closer than it should have been.

StoopTroup
10/31/2009, 10:15 PM

Yet...if he knows something...he didn't know he would lose his *** tonight

BoulderSooner79
10/31/2009, 10:53 PM
1st qtr - D looked really good. Snyder the crafty coach saw something that they exploited. Thomas was harder to stop than I thought he would be. Yet another special teams bust tonight that kept the game closer than it should have been.

Yep, Snyder and staff made some great adjustments and that Thomas kid is going to be playing on Sundays. Yet another special teams bust? That's a little harsh - our coverage has been great this year and no fair carrying over from last years' team. That play was executed perfectly and Banks is one of the best KRs in the country. Very entertaining game. My only beef was 4 runs by CB on our very last series. We were using our finesse back when DM was running over people all night. He would have moved the chains and then we run the clock out. (Very minor beef).

IronHorseSooner
10/31/2009, 11:02 PM
He is to us like Coach Stoops in to Leach, Mangino, and Pellini. He knows that we have an aggressive style of defense, which, even when Mike was here, was susceptible to the deep pass, gadget plays, and misdirection. Just like Coach Stoops know those three's tendencies, Snyder knows OUrs.

VA Sooner
10/31/2009, 11:45 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing. G**d*** Darren Sproles all over again. KSU's WR was what... 150#????

Ripped our defense to shreds until those last two drives.

Agree... Snyder does know something. He's a hell of a coach.

picasso
11/1/2009, 12:01 AM
Snyder lost tonight.

rawlingsHOH
11/1/2009, 12:08 AM
Snyder lost tonight.

He's a GREAT play caller against OU.

boomermagic
11/1/2009, 01:44 AM
Yet...if he knows something...he didn't know he would lose his *** tonight

Anyone who doesn't respect Snyder as a coach doesn't know anything about football.. Let me just follow that up with I don't think you are at all football ignorant{Quite the opposite} I guess you just don't like the man ?

I think Snyder is one of the best ever.. I'm sure If Bob had taken over Kstate just this season Bob would have lost his *** tonight as well.. Give credit where it is due and IT IS DUE.

boomermagic
11/1/2009, 01:48 AM
Yep, Snyder and staff made some great adjustments and that Thomas kid is going to be playing on Sundays. Yet another special teams bust? That's a little harsh - our coverage has been great this year and no fair carrying over from last years' team. That play was executed perfectly and Banks is one of the best KRs in the country. Very entertaining game. My only beef was 4 runs by CB on our very last series. We were using our finesse back when DM was running over people all night. He would have moved the chains and then we run the clock out. (Very minor beef).

I have another beef.. Why did we keep kicking the ball to Banks until he ran it back ? We knew he had run 3 back already this season.. Kick the damn ball away from him.. Don't wait until he burns us before kicking away from him we knew he was dangerous.. Just don't understand ..

boomermagic
11/1/2009, 01:51 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing. G**d*** Darren Sproles all over again. KSU's WR was what... 150#????

Ripped our defense to shreds until those last two drives.

Agree... Snyder does know something. He's a hell of a coach.

BINGO !!

Leroy Lizard
11/1/2009, 02:18 AM
He may be the greatest ever. I certainly place him in the top ten.

Breadburner
11/1/2009, 03:26 AM
Lol....What is it in the win loss column....

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2009, 03:48 AM
The guy just knows Stoops and understads how to play against our system. He knows Venables too, obviously. It's kinda like Jimmy Johnson and Switzer. The difference being that obviously Snyder doesn't have enough players to follow through as well as Johnsons goons did.

We won, we almost always win, and no amount of grand football knowledge is gonna change that for Snyder until he builds a team with the overall talent we have. Fortunately for us, he could become the world's oldest coach without getting that talent.

StoopTroup
11/1/2009, 10:08 AM
Could Urban Meyer Pete Carroll and the others been using Snyder as a consult in our Bowl Appearances?

Could Snyder be our evil nemesis? :D

Have we uncovered the nastiness of why Big Game Bob has been up against the wall in these games? Has mack got Bill in his calling plan Five in October?

westcoast_sooner
11/3/2009, 12:24 AM
Admit I was harsh on the special team comment. Kick returns have been good all year - just irked me to give one up. Overall, I felt like we could have put this one away early, but I do give credit to Snyder for playing hard to the end.

Sooner04
11/3/2009, 12:27 AM
Snyder didn't do **** on us in '56, '74 or '86.

sooner59
11/3/2009, 12:32 AM
Banks is sneaky good. He is small but can make you pay.

Only 2 things pissed me off:

1 A. Why is Banks catching the ball when he is wide open? He should never be wide open.

1 B. Why is Banks catching a jump ball over Franks? Banks is 5'7".

2. Why is K-State running the ball on us? I'm baffled.

Crucifax Autumn
11/3/2009, 12:51 AM
Every team has those coaches that know how to play them. For us, it's Snyder. No big deal...We won anyway.

NormanPride
11/3/2009, 10:37 AM
Our LBs had a really bad game hitting their gaps. Eerily similar to Miami, really.

rawlingsHOH
11/3/2009, 11:25 AM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/blogs/blog.aspx?blogid=12#6631

OUmillenium
11/3/2009, 11:32 AM
Oops, I started another thread on that article...^

Mods please merge

TAFBSooner
11/3/2009, 04:57 PM
Fortunately for us, he could become the world's oldest coach without getting that talent.

Is that why for most of the game he looked like a Mystic from Dark Crystal?

GKeeper316
11/3/2009, 05:13 PM
of course he knows something...

he taught stoops and venables how to coach ffs.