PDA

View Full Version : Sigh, Shake head, repeat

No1Better
10/30/2009, 08:04 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/columnists/randy_galloway/story/1719599.html

Flagstaffsooner
10/30/2009, 08:32 PM
That jerk didnt make a damn bit of sense.

No1Better
10/30/2009, 08:37 PM
Never wish harm on any college athlete - ever.

TXBOOMER
10/30/2009, 08:43 PM
Who really gives a crap what that dick head says.

No1Better
10/30/2009, 09:03 PM
It's the epic stupidity that warranted the thread, after this article, no one will give him any credibility.

Curly Bill
10/30/2009, 09:40 PM
Galloway's big stuff in the metroplex. He'll be fine.

Crucifax Autumn
10/30/2009, 09:52 PM
My big question is "who really gives a rat's *** about an imaginary football game?"

Crucifax Autumn
10/30/2009, 09:53 PM
My big question is "who really gives a rat's *** about an imaginary football game?"

Crucifax Autumn
10/30/2009, 09:55 PM

Crucifax Autumn
10/30/2009, 09:55 PM

Crucifax Autumn
10/30/2009, 09:56 PM

Breadburner
10/30/2009, 09:58 PM
Sheesh....Itchy trigger finger.....

Crucifax Autumn
10/30/2009, 09:58 PM

Crucifax Autumn
10/30/2009, 10:00 PM
Wow...I didn't even hit reply an extra time!

stoopified
10/30/2009, 10:16 PM
For some reason the phrase I DON"T GIVE A RAT"S A$$ comes to mind. :D

kevpks
10/30/2009, 10:29 PM
I remember seeing OU "Texas State Champion" t-shirts after the 2000 season. I think we beat 6 teams from Texas that year.

colinreturn
10/30/2009, 10:48 PM
Galloway's big stuff in the metroplex. He'll be fine.

lol good one. google "the ticket"
:rolleyes:

IronHorseSooner
10/30/2009, 10:52 PM
Even though he might be "big", he's still a moron.

insuranceman_22
10/30/2009, 11:04 PM
I have to listen to Galloway, can barely get anything but the Animal in Durant & it's only part of the time. Galloway is opinionated & he's pretty much an *** clown.....kind of like a typical horn fan (but he's not a true horn fan). He's the ESPN guy in Dallas from 3 to 6, pretty much hammers on everybody....it sux in sports radio in this area.

Leroy Lizard
10/30/2009, 11:07 PM
Randy Galloway says this line in the column below was wrong and stupid: “I’d pay Boss Hawg Bowl prices to watch Colt leave on a cart.”

In other words, I am going to say something really provocative to get people to read my column. I'll apologize for it later.

Remember when he said he would apologize to Switzer if the Cowboys won the Super Bowl, but never did?

gaylordfan1
10/30/2009, 11:26 PM
Am I the only one that noticed his petifile mustache?... or that glue on hair piece? On the other hand, screw it, let them play. I'm sure TCU will beat them. Texas is not that good. But then again, the lil Colt does do what it takes to win.

Curly Bill
10/31/2009, 05:27 AM
lol good one. google "the ticket"
:rolleyes:

I'm well aware of the ticket. That doesn't take away the fact that Galloway has been working in the metroplex for near a hundred years, and so any allusions to a sudden loss of credibility or whatever in this case is way over the top.

adoniijahsooner
10/31/2009, 07:25 AM
Galloway also calls Texas the "whiny orange", he calls us "zero u", and he calls TO "eldorado owens". Like someone said he bags on everyone, and I doubt he cares what opinion we may have of him, because he doesnt need publicity. Tony Romo mentioned his name after the Atlanta Falcons game, so that shows he already has popularity.

P.S.
He also picked us to beat Texas this year, and says the whorns were lucky to escape that game with a victory.

TMcGee86
10/31/2009, 09:29 AM
srsly, Galloway is one of the most respected columnists in the country.

And he is a TCU fan, what do you want him to say? He's not a whorn.

And he loves Stoops. And says so regularly.

adoniijahsooner
10/31/2009, 10:14 AM
srsly, Galloway is one of the most respected columnists in the country.

And he is a TCU fan, what do you want him to say? He's not a whorn.

And he loves Stoops. And says so regularly.

Here's a recent article to back that up....

BCS stinks, but some coaches have games within the system

By RANDY GALLOWAY

[email protected]

There are those who still defend it, those who still promote it as superior to any other system of real football, and those who still want us to believe that "every Saturday is a playoff Saturday."

I guess they mean like Texas vs. La. Monroe. Or Florida vs. Florida International. Or my personal favorite, Florida vs. Charleston Southern.

Those who defend it, promote it and want us to believe it, are idiots. And also the money-mafia. And also bowl-game bag men.

But I’m not here today to rip again into the fraudulence that is college football when it comes to the ways and means of determining what in the end will be, and always has been, a bogus national champion.

It is the system, the BCS system. It’s not going to change anytime soon.

How then, do you "play" the system?

Let us consider three cases by using the names of Mack Brown, Bob Stoops and Gary Patterson, currently the three most successful large-time college coaches of our territory. And that’s not belittling the Plains’ Pirate out in Lubbock. Coach Leach is dug-in on this issue. The others aren’t. Not necessarily.

At the late October pivotal point of the college season, Brown of Texas has the most open road to a bogus national title game, with the SEC duo of Florida and Alabama as a toss-up to provide the opposition.

But I’m here mainly to praise Bob Stoops, although I noticed I’m a couple of days late.

My friend, Berry Tramel of TheOklahoman, does as good a job as anybody in the country in attempting to provide rational opinion when it comes to his main precinct, which is the Norman nuthouse.

This week, Tramel gave a strong printed butt-pat, and stellar advice to Stoops, who has an OU team with a 3-3 record, and a stud quarterback with his shoulder busted again. Read on:

"Pride still matters. Some things are more important than championships. Like honor and self-respect. There is honor in competition.

"Honor in building up your sport, instead of tearing it down. There is no honor in purchased victory or manufactured success."

Hear. Hear.

Stoops got burned to the ground this season because he played a strong nonconference schedule. Well, mainly, he and OU were torched by the Sam Bradford injuries, but ...

Even with another quarterback, Stoops could have played Mack Brown’s non-conference schedule, and be 5-1 right now, with only a 16-13 loss to Texas, which in BCS style points would have been more impressive, sans Bradford, than the W for Texas.

With a weak Big 12 ahead of him, and if Bradford can return again, Stoops could be plotting a repeat of last season. You remember last season, when the Longhorns beat him good in October, and still got shafted (my opinion) when OU went to the bogus BCS title game because Mack had too many shrimp on his nonconference plate.

There's more here...

http://www.star-telegram.com/318/story/1703515.html

adoniijahsooner
10/31/2009, 10:15 AM
Anyway, why do we care if he thinks TCU will beat the whorns? That's the big question.

VA Sooner
10/31/2009, 10:17 AM
Jumping the gun there.

The media... ha!

the_ouskull
10/31/2009, 10:18 AM
Am I the only one that noticed his petifile mustache?... or that glue on hair piece? On the other hand, screw it, let them play. I'm sure TCU will beat them. Texas is not that good. But then again, the lil Colt does do what it takes to win.

"Petifile?" Is that like, a dog manicure or something?

the_ouskull

bluedogok
10/31/2009, 10:40 AM
Galloway also calls Texas the "whiny orange", he calls us "zero u", and he calls TO "eldorado owens". Like someone said he bags on everyone, and I doubt he cares what opinion we may have of him, because he doesnt need publicity. Tony Romo mentioned his name after the Atlanta Falcons game, so that shows he already has popularity.

P.S.
He also picked us to beat Texas this year, and says the whorns were lucky to escape that game with a victory.
He's a blowhard, but one of the better blowhards on sports talk radio...and he is an equal opportunity basher. In recent years I have heard him say he was way too hard on Switzer as the Cowboys coach, I think it was on an NFL Network show about Switzer.

Does he still rant and rave on how the Cowboys should have signed Jake Delhomme instead of Carolina?

Intown
10/31/2009, 11:03 AM
Listening to gayalloway is like watching professional wrestling - I can't believe a newpaper would give him a column

adoniijahsooner
10/31/2009, 11:04 AM
He's a blowhard, but one of the better blowhards on sports talk radio...and he is an equal opportunity basher. In recent years I have heard him say he was way too hard on Switzer as the Cowboys coach, I think it was on an NFL Network show about Switzer.

Does he still rant and rave on how the Cowboys should have signed Jake Delhomme instead of Carolina?

no

soonersalesman
10/31/2009, 11:08 AM
Say anything you want about Galloway. Pro or con he's as entrenched in north Texas media as well as anyone. I live in Denton and drive around Dallas and Fort Worth every day. I get the Animal out of Oklahoma City and listen to the Ticket sometime in DFW. I try to avoid Galloway like a virus. I just don't like the guy. He's an a**hat of the first order. The way he treated Switzer when Barry was with the Cowboys almost bordered on slander.
Calling him "gunsmoke", saying "Jerry was letting him dangle in the wind", he almost had a stroke when Barry actually won a Superbowl. He clearly had his nose up Jimmy Johnson's rear and you could almost see him dance with glee when Barry left the Cowboys.

The man clearly isn't my cup of tea and is about as agenda driven as any sports columnist/commentator I've ever heard or read.....and I'm 57 and have read an AWFULLY!! lot of sports commentary.

Sooner4FCD
10/31/2009, 12:55 PM
No one in Dallas cares about Grandpa Urine anymore. He's so 1995

Curly Bill
10/31/2009, 01:01 PM
No one in Dallas cares about Grandpa Urine anymore. He's so 1995

I know right...

...that's why he gets three hours on ESPN radio every day. :rolleyes: