PDA

View Full Version : Best finish to a lost season

Blitzkrieg
10/30/2009, 11:11 AM
Texas literally can't lose 2 big 12 games, the league is too pathetic. What would be great is for OSU to beat Texas, we horserape the aggroids, putting in place the dreaded 3-way tie. We can put up the asterisk as a joke on Mack, Okie lite will reward "the man" with a lifetime contract, and UT goes on to beat a weak Big 12 north team only to see their SOS drop further! They go to the desert and get waxed by Boise!

The best part is hearing the texas fans applaud the Big 12 tiebreaker, and how it is the best system rather than the head-to-head, which is meaningless. Go poor aggies!

soonerinkaty
10/30/2009, 11:13 AM
I would be happy with this outcome, possibly the best outcome for OU, assuming we get LSU in the cotton.

soonerinkaty
10/30/2009, 11:13 AM
OMG! Better yet, have texas waxed by TCU in the Fiesta! hehe

Blitzkrieg
10/30/2009, 11:15 AM
OMG! Better yet, have texas waxed by TCU in the Fiesta! hehe

I could hear the excuses now. Flu, fingernails, Blake Gideon.

JLEW1818
10/30/2009, 11:16 AM
I would be happy with this outcome, possibly the best outcome for OU, assuming we get LSU in the cotton.

yah, win out and we are the 2seed

badger
10/30/2009, 11:24 AM
Texas literally can't lose 2 big 12 games, the league is too pathetic.

You know, I thought the same thing a few years ago when an ENA-led Sooners had a questionable season going. We "lost" on the road to Oregon... grrrrrr... and we lost to Texas.

But then, with only one conference loss and all national title and conference title hopes "gone," we continued to win.

Texas also had a non-conference loss, but with a hotshot new quarterback named Colt, nothing could go wrong for them. They just came off a title that we never thought they'd get under Mack Brown and there was no reason to think they wouldn't be playing for a Big 12 title and in a BCS bowl.

And then... the meltdown. Colt gets injured in the Kansas State game (they're good at injuring opposing quarterbacks, those bash-turds) forcing them to rely on some now-SI coverboy Jevan Sneed. LOSS! Then, even though they're at home and facing some loser coach named Fran Fran against their little brother ("rival????"), they lose again. Whooop!

It can happen. I'm not saying that it's going to, but it can and it has in the past.

Breadburner
10/30/2009, 11:26 AM
You know, I thought the same thing a few years ago when an ENA-led Sooners had a questionable season going. We "lost" on the road to Oregon... grrrrrr... and we lost to Texas.

But then, with only one conference loss and all national title and conference title hopes "gone," we continued to win.

Texas also had a non-conference loss, but with a hotshot new quarterback named Colt, nothing could go wrong for them. They just came off a title that we never thought they'd get under Mack Brown and there was no reason to think they wouldn't be playing for a Big 12 title and in a BCS bowl.

And then... the meltdown. Colt gets injured in the Kansas State game (they're good at injuring opposing quarterbacks, those bash-turds) forcing them to rely on some now-SI coverboy Jevan Sneed. LOSS! Then, even though they're at home and facing some loser coach named Fran Fran against their little brother ("rival????"), they lose again. Whooop!

It can happen. I'm not saying that it's going to, but it can and it has in the past.

Yip Yip.....

badger
10/30/2009, 11:29 AM
Yip Yip.....

I know that as a Sooner I should always hope for more crystal footballs, but I absolutely loved that season, aside from the Oregon refs and the Statue of Liberty... grrrrrr....

The fact that we were playing for "nothing" and had nothing to lose made it even more fun. We weren't worried about how the BCS would screw us, or where the pollsters played us... it was all about enjoying Sooner football and watching our guys play our hearts out.

And ENA... ooo, ENA. Trading positions on the field surrounded by that guy we didn't mind seeing get the boot and watching him lead us to a Big 12 title that we never thought would happen, I would love to see the same happen for Landry.

Not that I expect it, but I would still love it :)

OKLA21FAN
10/30/2009, 11:39 AM
This is the best finish to a LOST season :pop:
http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Evangeline-Lilly--Kate--lost-34290_1024_768.jpg

kustang619
10/30/2009, 11:43 AM
I think my blood pressure just went up...

OUAlumni1990
10/30/2009, 11:50 AM
Somethin went up, but I don't think it was my blood pressure.

dolemitesooner
10/30/2009, 11:55 AM
I am horny

Breadburner
10/30/2009, 12:20 PM
I know that as a Sooner I should always hope for more crystal footballs, but I absolutely loved that season, aside from the Oregon refs and the Statue of Liberty... grrrrrr....

The fact that we were playing for "nothing" and had nothing to lose made it even more fun. We weren't worried about how the BCS would screw us, or where the pollsters played us... it was all about enjoying Sooner football and watching our guys play our hearts out.

And ENA... ooo, ENA. Trading positions on the field surrounded by that guy we didn't mind seeing get the boot and watching him lead us to a Big 12 title that we never thought would happen, I would love to see the same happen for Landry.

Not that I expect it, but I would still love it :)

I sure loved watching that A&M game....hehe...

OUDoc
10/30/2009, 12:38 PM
I am horny

http://southocrealestateresource.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/carnival-of-souls-terrified-mary.jpg

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 12:40 PM
I think it's his new nickname.

Guess he retired PIMP. :D

rainiersooner
10/30/2009, 12:49 PM
I'd trade a couple more Ws for a weekend with her. Sorry, call me a traitor, but that's just the way it goes.

badger
10/30/2009, 01:08 PM
I sure loved watching that A&M game....hehe...

It was during this pathetic game that NP and I started the tradition of doing what the Aggies do every time Sooners score.

It was so silly... they would show the Aggies making out in the stands after each of their pathetic scoring attempts en route to their pathetic 12 points (compared to the even more pathetic 7 scored by Texas), so NP and I did that too.

It's like hee hee, A&M actually got points on the board and Texas didn't... let's kiss a lot.

And what can I say, the tradition stuck. All of you out there who bring significant others to the game should definitely take this up. Makes the games a lot more fun :)

stoopified
10/30/2009, 02:58 PM
Just keep winning and wait for the masters of autoerotica at UT to strangle themselves.

TXBOOMER
10/30/2009, 03:46 PM

I don't ever want to be around a bunch of LSU fans again.