PDA

View Full Version : Did we have spring/Fall practice this time ?

boomermagic
10/30/2009, 09:56 AM
It just seems like most of the player evaluation that is usually done during those times are being done during the season this time around.. What's the deal ?

gaylordfan1
10/30/2009, 10:53 AM
Some look better in practice than games and vis versa. I guess they are trying to find those who can do both.

rawlingsHOH
10/30/2009, 11:32 AM
It just seems like most of the player evaluation that is usually done during those times are being done during the season this time around.. What's the deal ?
Things change.

You are CONSTANTLY under evaluation. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.

boomermagic
10/30/2009, 11:46 AM
Things change.

You are CONSTANTLY under evaluation. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter.

Obviously, That is true but does it not seem like more evaluation is having to be done this year than most ? It does to me.. It seems like it either wasn't done in the spring or it was a bad evaluation and lots of mistakes were made and having to be corrected now during the season.. maybe I'm the only one who has noticed this ? hmmmm..

rawlingsHOH
10/30/2009, 12:09 PM
Obviously, That is true but does it not seem like more evaluation is having to be done this year than most ? It does to me.. It seems like it either wasn't done in the spring or it was a bad evaluation and lots of mistakes were made and having to be corrected now during the season.. maybe I'm the only one who has noticed this ? hmmmm..
I guess I'd need to hear your specific examples to answer that.

rainiersooner
10/30/2009, 12:50 PM
I think most of the evaluation that was done during Spring and Fall practice assumed Sam Bradford and Jermaine Gresham were starting. Without them, I think the coach's were back to square one.

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 12:53 PM
I think most of the evaluation that was done during Spring and Fall practice assumed Sam Bradford and Jermaine Gresham were starting. Without them, I think the coach's were back to square one.

THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PREPARED!

FIRE THEM ALL!

boomermagic
10/30/2009, 01:05 PM

Good point.. I was thinking more about the players along the OL.. I know Gresham was a part of that as well..

rainiersooner
10/30/2009, 01:14 PM
Good point.. I was thinking more about the players along the OL.. I know Gresham was a part of that as well..

Well, what do I know, but it seems to me there may have been some mis-evaluation there! Or rather, Stoops original evaluation proved to be more correct than later evaluations??

boomermagic
10/30/2009, 01:14 PM
THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PREPARED!

FIRE THEM ALL!

That's Funny right there I don't care who you are.. :D

All jokes aside as coaches they DO need to be prepared because as we all know every player at every position is one play away from a season ending injury potentually.. The guy who replaces him is almost never as good but he should be as ready to step in as he possibly can be..

I am not knocking our coaches I am just throwing something out there for thought and as I said I don't remember ever seeing so much player changing and player evaluation going on this late into a season.. I don't know if I have ever seen as many key injuries either so I am sure that has a LOT to do with the reason..

boomermagic
10/30/2009, 01:18 PM
Well, what do I know, but it seems to me there may have been some mis-evaluation there! Or rather, Stoops original evaluation proved to be more correct than later evaluations??

BINGO ! Could be.. Might not be.. I don't know... :D

stoopified
10/30/2009, 01:40 PM
BINGO ! Could be.. Might not be.. I don't know... :DFinally, an honest answer.

boomermagic
10/30/2009, 01:47 PM
Finally, an honest answer.

Yep, None of us do.. We can only give an opinion... I doubt anyone on this board has ever thought I knew what I was talking about but just in case someone thinks i might ? YOUR WRONG !!!:D

LawtonBoy74
10/30/2009, 10:13 PM
The mental mistakes on the O-line are just ridiculous!!