PDA

View Full Version : Why I Love Fox News!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IGotNoTiming
10/30/2009, 09:15 AM
... without them Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert would have a lot less material for their respective shows.

I love how Fox is on a rant about how the White House is in a war against them... relating it to fascism, Stalinist, yada, yada, yada....

Stewart then pulls up a clip during the Bush admin... when his admin was being roasted by CNN.... the pundits at Fox.... the same decrying the actions of Obama's White House... were applauding Bush's staff for finally striking back...

Before anyone retorts... believe me, I KNOW that every so called media outlet
(FOX, CNN, ABC, MSNBC, yada yada yada) is guilty of this from time to time...
However when anyone leans too far in one direction, be it left or right... it sure is fun to watch them stew in their own sauce from time to time....

OKLA21FAN
10/30/2009, 09:36 AM
scoreboard! :pop:

TheHumanAlphabet
10/30/2009, 09:46 AM
Fox is good news...

abOUtwinning
10/30/2009, 09:57 AM
Why I love Ann Coulter...

"Keith O. majored in "communications" in college, not a research-related field, such as political science. In his coursework, he learned such skills as: Dramatically Turning to Camera, Hysterical Self-Righteousness, Pausing Portentously and Gravely Demanding Apologies/Resignations From Various Public Figures."

funny how some watch him and find him legit.

JohnnyMack
10/30/2009, 10:16 AM
funny how some watch him and find him legit.

Dude, she's a lawyer and a parrot and a lapdog and a terrible author. So it's not like she should be in the business of casting aspersions at anyone.

badger
10/30/2009, 11:38 AM
They have a way of keeping their viewers engaged in the news that other networks have not been able to do as much.

I do find that they are lacking some ethics, but for what they do in trying to draw in viewers, they do better than any other news network, as ratings show.

It would be unwise for the White House to continue trying to distance themselves from the network, even if they disagree with Fox's political stances.

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 12:00 PM
I think it all depends on Fox really. If the White House doesn't give them Carte Blanche...eventually they are gonna become a Non-Entity. During the War they were allowed lots of Military access. If the current War and other conflicts they cover have them being shutout.....I think you'll see them turn into a mess. They'll be forced to get information instead of have access.

picasso
10/30/2009, 12:12 PM
... without them Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert would have a lot less material for their respective shows.

I love how Fox is on a rant about how the White House is in a war against them... relating it to fascism, Stalinist, yada, yada, yada....

Stewart then pulls up a clip during the Bush admin... when his admin was being roasted by CNN.... the pundits at Fox.... the same decrying the actions of Obama's White House... were applauding Bush's staff for finally striking back...

However when anyone leans too far in one direction, be it left or right... it sure is fun to watch them stew in their own sauce from time to time....

yes because those other networks haven't given Obama a free pass on everything.
I don't personally like any of them but you need to read up on who owns what network and the web that is involved. You could start with CBs and the powers that are behind it.

Ya, good post!

picasso
10/30/2009, 12:13 PM
and how are they stewing in their own sauce? Because a show on the Comedy Channel makes fun of them?

picasso
10/30/2009, 12:14 PM
burp

IGotNoTiming
10/30/2009, 12:32 PM
The news across the board has deteriorated significantly over the last 20 years. It can be directly attributable to companies that own them, trying to push their private agendas. While news companies have always been private, and my memory may fail me some, newscasters like Cronkite are a thing of the past. It seems they reported facts back then... now were there behind the scenes machinations going on back then? I am sure that the news
entities were probably more trusting of the government because the country as a whole still trusted the government. Events like Vietnam, Watergate, Iran Contra eventually took it's toll on the blind trust we as common Americans displayed for the most part.
So which is worse? To me that is a tough call.... however media outlets purporting news under an editorial overcoat is dangerous... We have seen a real rise in non facts being distributed by both the left and right sided news agencies as factual. All this does is keep the public ignorant.

I will say this... it is up to everyone that truly cares about this country to make yourself watch a topic that your are concerned about from as many different sides as possible before forming your own opinion.

IF Fox says it.... IT IS NOT entirely true. PERIOD!
IF CNN says it....IT IS NOT entirely true. PERIOD!

The same can be said about every other news media outlet.

The truth always lies in the middle somewhere.

JLEW1818
10/30/2009, 12:35 PM
typical donks

complain complain complain

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 12:45 PM
I will say this IGNT...

Yeah some owners may have an agenda....but that won't get them ratings.

Every time some Dad puts a balloon in the air and can't find his kid....

That creates ratings. You can't plan for an agenda like that.

People want to see certain things and as long as the internet is banging out blogs and stories from all of us out there....the agendas these owners have will always take a backseat.

IGotNoTiming
10/30/2009, 12:45 PM
Actually because a comedy show brings to light the blatant hypocrisy they displayed with regards to arguing with the White House.

It is really simple dood....

CNN slams The White House during the Bush Admin... Fox Calls Them (CNN) wrong for doing such and congratulates the White House for speaking out against them.

now follow this because this where it gets REALLY tricky...

The White House (Obama's Administration) speaks out against Fox's viewpoint and FOX labels them Facsist, Stalinist....

What is genius about the whole thing is that a comedy show actually pointed out the how a revered news agency, so wants it's side to be heard, that they are willing to do the very thing it ridiculed being done by their competition.

Completely laughable....

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 12:50 PM
Actually because a comedy show brings to light the blatant hypocrisy they displayed with regards to arguing with the White House.

It is really simple dood....

CNN slams The White House during the Bush Admin... Fox Calls Them (CNN) wrong for doing such and congratulates the White House for speaking out against them.

now follow this because this where it gets REALLY tricky...

The White House (Obama's Administration) speaks out against Fox's viewpoint and FOX labels them Facsist, Stalinist....

What is genius about the whole thing is that a comedy show actually pointed out the how a revered news agency, so wants it's side to be heard, that they are willing to do the very thing it ridiculed being done by their competition.

Completely laughable....

SNL, Bill Mauer, Stewart, Dennis Miller and even Steven Colbert are doing what's been going on for years.

Stewart actually takes the time to educate himself and I dare say that one would need to be pretty quick on his feet to take Colbert on right now too.

All these guys take shots for ratings. Right now they are kicking their asses. It doesn't last forever though. Ask Miller, Mauer, Limbaugh, Hannity, SNL....they all have times where they start to fade. Stewart and Colbert are on a roll right now. They have decent writers and they do their homework. They are still comics though.

IGotNoTiming
10/30/2009, 12:54 PM
I am not in disagreement with you about that at all ST. It is because of the degradation in the quality of the news that these guys are doing so well.

I think that is my point about the state of the news that sometimes more facts are coming from the comedians and not the news.

stoopified
10/30/2009, 02:27 PM
The news across the board has deteriorated significantly over the last 20 years. It can be directly attributable to companies that own them, trying to push their private agendas. While news companies have always been private, and my memory may fail me some, newscasters like Cronkite are a thing of the past. It seems they reported facts back then... now were there behind the scenes machinations going on back then? I am sure that the news
entities were probably more trusting of the government because the country as a whole still trusted the government. Events like Vietnam, Watergate, Iran Contra eventually took it's toll on the blind trust we as common Americans displayed for the most part.
So which is worse? To me that is a tough call.... however media outlets purporting news under an editorial overcoat is dangerous... We have seen a real rise in non facts being distributed by both the left and right sided news agencies as factual. All this does is keep the public ignorant.

I will say this... it is up to everyone that truly cares about this country to make yourself watch a topic that your are concerned about from as many different sides as possible before forming your own opinion.

IF Fox says it.... IT IS NOT entirely true. PERIOD!
IF CNN says it....IT IS NOT entirely true. PERIOD!

The same can be said about every other news media outlet.

The truth always lies in the middle somewhere.True dat.Everyone has a POV and an agenda.

stoopified
10/30/2009, 02:30 PM
Exept Bill O'Deilly of course.He is the new carrier of the Cronkite standard.

Oh boy am I gonna catch shiite now.

IGotNoTiming
10/30/2009, 02:39 PM
Exept Bill O'Deilly of course.He is the new carrier of the Cronkite standard.

Oh boy am I gonna catch shiite now.

Chortle...guffaw....

Collier11
10/30/2009, 02:41 PM
I just find it humorous when anyone gripes about Fox being biased, THEY ARE ALL BIASED TO ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER, most to the left...quit acting surprised.

And to the statement about Fox being upset at the White House, think honestly to yourself if Bush had cut out MSNBC, there woulda been a sh*t storm

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 02:51 PM
I think that is my point about the state of the news that sometimes more facts are coming from the comedians and not the news.

I'd say what your really getting is someone else's perspective really.

Comedy Central nor many of these Talk Radio Show aren't reporting the news. It just perspective. If anything is wrong...the News Agencies have mixed in way to much perspective to sell papers and magazines. They have done this to stay alive too.

You just can't fill 24 hours a day with news. If you could...you'd die trying to watch it all. Imagine if you could just plug into the internet and absorb it all now. Your mind couldn't handle it all.

I know...I've just blown your mind.

I do that from time to time.

Relax...

Step away from the computer screen...I'll be here once you've rested a bit.

:D

IGotNoTiming
10/30/2009, 02:53 PM
I just find it humorous when anyone gripes about Fox being biased, THEY ARE ALL BIASED TO ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER, most to the left...quit acting surprised.

And to the statement about Fox being upset at the White House, think honestly to yourself if Bush had cut out MSNBC, there woulda been a sh*t storm

Your right... the problem is he had it out with CNN already... and Fox came to Bush's defense..... you seemed to have missed the point of that in the thread... but thas cool I skip stuff all the time...

no worries

IGotNoTiming
10/30/2009, 02:55 PM
ST.....

"IV"E BEEN HIP-MO-TIZED....."

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 02:57 PM
Take it easy....you're overloaded right now....lol

Collier11
10/30/2009, 03:01 PM
Your right... the problem is he had it out with CNN already... and Fox came to Bush's defense..... you seemed to have missed the point of that in the thread... but thas cool I skip stuff all the time...

no worries

No points missed, I merely chose to respond to some of the statements while not responding to others :D

IGotNoTiming
10/30/2009, 03:20 PM
No points missed, I merely chose to respond to some of the statements while not responding to others :D

Sean Hannity would kiss you square on the lips right now.....

Collier11
10/30/2009, 03:21 PM
Heh

badger
10/30/2009, 03:43 PM
I think that while most news media tries to be unbiased and fair, nobody can be completely unbiased. We all have our histories and our experiences that we rely on to make sound judgments and news media is no different.

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 03:51 PM
Am I the only person out there who doesn't watch any of the news networks? I get my news from sf.com, and Linda Cavenaugh on channel 4. When I travel, I look at a USA Today - but usually only the sports page.

Collier11
10/30/2009, 03:54 PM
so basically you dont really pay attention to any news, lol

I once got a tour of Channel 4 when I was in college by a buddy who was a cameraman there, I thought about stealing Linda's family pic on her desk cus I was 18 and dumb and thought it would be funny, I guess I should have :D

KABOOKIE
10/30/2009, 03:57 PM
I guess I'm missing something. Did the Bush Admin take a public stance trying to deny CNN's access to the White House? If so then the comparison isn't even ****ing close.

Collier11
10/30/2009, 04:02 PM
That ^^^ my friend, was my point!

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 04:10 PM
Am I the only person out there who doesn't watch any of the news networks? I get my news from sf.com, and Linda Cavenaugh on channel 4. When I travel, I look at a USA Today - but usually only the sports page.

You mean you don't even know what Terror Color we're at right now?

http://www.historycommons.org/events-images/a136_terror_alert_system_2050081722-16697.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 04:16 PM
Why I love Ann Coulter...

"Keith O. majored in "communications" in college, not a research-related field, such as political science. In his coursework, he learned such skills as: Dramatically Turning to Camera, Hysterical Self-Righteousness, Pausing Portentously and Gravely Demanding Apologies/Resignations From Various Public Figures."

funny how some watch him and find him legit.And even more sad that anyone could take anything that hate filled racist tranny seriously...much less, "love her."

TUSooner
10/30/2009, 04:16 PM
They have a way of keeping their viewers engaged in the news that other networks have not been able to do as much.

I do find that they are lacking some ethics, but for what they do in trying to draw in viewers, they do better than any other news network, as ratings show.

Which calls to mind this:

No one in this world has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people.

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 04:17 PM

It would be unwise for the White House to continue trying to distance themselves from the network, even if they disagree with Fox's political stances.
You know who else had a magical, if unorthodox, way of rallying a crowd who hanged from his every breath?

Hitler.

:pop:

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 04:18 PM
Hitler? That guy would be just like Palin....just another quitter.

IGotNoTiming
10/30/2009, 05:58 PM
The diffference between Hitler and Palin? At least Hitler was well trimmed

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 06:09 PM
You feeling better? A nap really does wonders huh? :D

Curly Bill
10/30/2009, 06:46 PM
I think it all depends on Fox really. If the White House doesn't give them Carte Blanche...eventually they are gonna become a Non-Entity. During the War they were allowed lots of Military access. If the current War and other conflicts they cover have them being shutout.....I think you'll see them turn into a mess. They'll be forced to get information instead of have access.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 06:53 PM
I don't think to THAT degree...but it would have an effect, somewhat. Mostly with the middle/moderates.

The ultra-right crazies would tune in for their daily dose of conspiracy theories and anger no matter what.

I Am Right
10/30/2009, 06:55 PM
I don't think to THAT degree...but it would have an effect, somewhat. Mostly with the middle/moderates.

The ultra-right crazies would tune in for their daily dose of conspiracy theories and anger no matter what.

Anger? Anger? look whos talking about anger!

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 06:56 PM
I've got I Am Troll on ignore...did he just give us another snow report or a price of oil update? :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
10/30/2009, 06:57 PM
I've got I Am Troll on ignore...did he just give us another snow report or a price of oil update? :rolleyes:

He said something about you and the horse you rode in on. ;) ;)

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 07:08 PM
You sure Rush Limbaugh didn't say it and then he just cut and paste it?

;)

Curly Bill
10/30/2009, 07:10 PM
You sure Rush Limbaugh didn't say it and then he just cut and paste it?

;)

Does Rush even know you well enough to know about you and your horse? :D

SoonerLaw09
10/30/2009, 07:53 PM
I'd say what your really getting is someone else's perspective really.

Comedy Central nor many of these Talk Radio Show aren't reporting the news. It just perspective. If anything is wrong...the News Agencies have mixed in way to much perspective to sell papers and magazines. They have done this to stay alive too.

You just can't fill 24 hours a day with news. If you could...you'd die trying to watch it all. Imagine if you could just plug into the internet and absorb it all now. Your mind couldn't handle it all.

I know...I've just blown your mind.

I do that from time to time.

Relax...

Step away from the computer screen...I'll be here once you've rested a bit.

"It's too much f***ing perspective." -- David St. Hubbins

SoonerLaw09
10/30/2009, 07:54 PM
I have LAS on ignore, did he just say something?

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 08:51 PM
I have LAS on ignore, did he just say something?:rolleyes:

n00b

Does Rush even know you well enough to know about you and your horse? :D
Nah. If I had met him, I'd be doing 6-9 months for punching him in his fat belly right now and working on my upcoming best seller about how I punched him in his fat belly.

yermom
10/30/2009, 09:29 PM

calmer'n you are, dude

soonerscuba
10/30/2009, 09:30 PM
calmer'n you are, dudeYou were parked in a handicapped spot, perhaps they towed it.

yermom
10/30/2009, 09:32 PM
i just hope i can find my business papers

yermom
10/30/2009, 09:32 PM
well, and the Creedence

A Sooner in Texas
10/30/2009, 10:41 PM

You sound kinda angry.

tommieharris91
10/30/2009, 11:54 PM

She was talking about how you can open carry in Oklahoma.

tommieharris91
10/30/2009, 11:55 PM
Obviously, I am Right is not a golfer.

SoonerKnight
10/31/2009, 02:30 AM
If Bush had kicked MSNBC out of the White house then noone would have cared! They are the lowest rated news channel and still do not have HD!!!

StoopTroup
10/31/2009, 05:42 AM
Bush could have gotten them HD...but PBHO in his wisdom will do it with bailout money.

SoonerLaw09
10/31/2009, 09:20 AM
:rolleyes:

n00b

Nah. If I had met him, I'd be doing 6-9 months for punching him in his fat belly right now and working on my upcoming best seller about how I punched him in his fat belly.

You really have anger issues, don't you?

:gary:

LosAngelesSooner
10/31/2009, 03:20 PM
Nope. :rolleyes:

Curly Bill
10/31/2009, 04:22 PM
LAS is full of love for everyone...

...especially himself. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
10/31/2009, 04:45 PM
I love myself first thing, every morning. :D

Curly Bill
10/31/2009, 04:47 PM
If you don't love yourself, who will? :P

SoonerLaw09
11/1/2009, 04:49 PM
Hey LAS. You have a huge Johnson. Feel better?

TheHumanAlphabet
11/2/2009, 10:08 AM

Pretty much with you on this one. To my wife's urging, we have stopped all TV news and now control the media ourselves (paper and internet). It is less stressful and we can absorb issues at our leisure. Nicer way to live.

Half a Hundred
11/2/2009, 10:21 AM
Internet news is great, in that it's often more accurate and precise than the national news sources.

It's also crappy, because you can easily restrict yourself to the sources that confirm your own biases, even when they fly in the face of reality.

NormanPride
11/2/2009, 01:35 PM
I get my news from Baj, who is good at that stuff.

Collier11
11/2/2009, 02:13 PM
does she give you your news in pictures collages? LOL

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2009, 03:10 PM
Hey LAS. You have a huge Johnson. Feel better?:rolleyes:

Uhm...and you know this...how?

*shakes head*

n00bs

KABOOKIE
11/2/2009, 05:05 PM
Hey LAS. You have a huge Johnson. Feel better?

:rolleyes:

Uhm...and you know this...how?

*shakes head*

n00bs

Cuz we can see it hangin outta yer ***!

OOoooooooooh!

Collier11
11/2/2009, 05:09 PM
azz, mouth, whatever :D

KABOOKIE
11/2/2009, 05:14 PM
And he does feel better about it! :D

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2009, 05:36 PM
azz, mouth, whatever :D
Yet another example of my stalker stalking me...AND talking about both my **** and my ***.

Brilliant! :D

SoonerLaw09
11/2/2009, 11:14 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

Collier11
11/2/2009, 11:18 PM
Is this ^ like starting the slow clap at the wrong time?

Curly Bill
11/2/2009, 11:21 PM
yes

LosAngelesSooner
11/3/2009, 12:35 AM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.
123 posts and you've already dragged out this inside joke post?

We already KNEW you were a Troll handle, but you didn't have to go and make it this easy for us! LOL

MrJimBeam
11/3/2009, 08:42 AM
I watch about an hour of news a day, Special Report on FOX. I used to turn over to watch The Situation Room on CNN for about 15 minutes but after seeing Wolf come in 3rd place on celebrity Jeopardy to a Desperate Housewife I decided not to chance it. Special Report gives a good rundown of daily news plus they have the smartest man on TV, Charles Krauthammer, in their panel. If I want an indepth analysis of topics I'll read the Heritage Foundation. FOX also has the best looking female anchors and that's reason enough for me. If I need a laugh I turn over to "Hardball with Christh Mathweths".

OklahomaTuba
11/3/2009, 12:41 PM
CNN & MSNBC are just unwatchable, unless you happen to have the IQ of a retarded dog. And I don't think anyone under the age of 70 watches a network news show anymore. I think that's why all the libz watch Fox News. Lord know more of them seem to watch and obsess over it than any conservatives do.

MamaMia
11/3/2009, 12:46 PM
Does anyone have a rating chart on these News Networks? :pop:

Collier11
11/3/2009, 01:17 PM
Dont have it available but Fox is easily #1 with Cnn #2 I believe

MamaMia
11/3/2009, 02:51 PM
Dont have it available but Fox is easily #1 with Cnn #2 I believe

How far ahead is Fox?

Collier11
11/3/2009, 02:57 PM
I didnt look too far but I did find this little snipit

In July 2009, FNC continued its cable news lead in ratings, but still trailed CNN in cumulative audience. It was not only beating CNN and MSNBC combined, but showing the most growth in the younger demographic. In the 25 to 54 demo, the network was up 48% in total day, and up 70% in primetime, compared to July 2008. Among basic cable networks, Fox News was ranked third for the month in prime time viewership behind only USA Network and TNT, with CNN and MSNBC lagging behind at 15th and 26th, respectively, while continuing to battle each other for third place in cable news.[41]

fossil
11/3/2009, 03:32 PM

:) Oh, you mean like ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC and CNN who are Obama apologists and kiss his rear end at every chance. Talk about in the tank!!!

Collier11
11/3/2009, 03:35 PM
Yep, we get one station that leans heavily to the right and they gripe about it, geez