PDA

View Full Version : It's Official - Texas Fans Suck

Soonerwake
10/30/2009, 07:19 AM
The Texas fans in the office have left me alone this year, but just found that one of them placed a picture of Sam on the ground in pain (with the words of Eyes of Texas) over the boss' OU flag in his office. I can understand and have participated in good-natured ribbing for years, and even let my Aggie brother give me an earful about their winning the Big XII this year, we suck, blah, blah..... A picture of any player in pain is just down-right distasteful. I know this shouldn't surprise me, but just really got under my skin this morning. :mad: :mad:

OK, rant over. Where's the OVJ??

SoonerFah
10/30/2009, 07:35 AM
I have no real reply for you, other than what can you expect from the cockroaches of college football?

SGT Park3R
10/30/2009, 07:35 AM
There is a contractor here that I work with that's a TX fan. The day after the game he just came and shook my hand and said great game. Not sure if he would've done that if they had loss. He's a pretty good guy.

But if that had happened to me after the Sooners loss I'm not sure how I'd react. I can understand your frustrations though.

gaylordfan1
10/30/2009, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I work with guy that is Texas fan. He always gives me sh*t about OU, esp this year with the losses. The funny thing is he knows nothing about Texas football, I even stumped him when I asked him if he even knew who the head coach was! So, most of these people are "whom-ever" OU plays that week fans.

OUDoc
10/30/2009, 08:39 AM
Until you figure out who posted the picture, punch everyone you see in the throat.
Someone will eventually talk.

Taxman71
10/30/2009, 08:44 AM
Every Sooner fan should have the opportunity to sit on the 50 yard line at least once at OU-texas solely to realize how horn fans behave when they aren't in the minority. You will soon realize why they are our most hated rival and why we wanted to castrate anyone who rooted for them against SUC in the NC game in 2005.

beer4me
10/30/2009, 08:47 AM
Until you figure out who posted the picture, punch everyone you see in the throat.

Doc on to sumptn hear!!!

sooner518
10/30/2009, 09:05 AM
last night was in a bar with classmates. I had had a few, but my classmate, who claims to be a Texas fan was belligerently wasted and talking all kinds of smack. Mostly about how OU sucks and how we get all of our players from Texas. I asked him why they choose to go to OU instead of Texas and his response was not really coherent but something along the lines of "Stoops is a cheater and a *********"..... I then asked him how many of OU's Heisman winners were from Texas. And how many of UT's Heisman winners are actually from Texas? (not that he even knew how many Heisman winners each school had....)

His drunken rant then devolved into whether Texas had better high school football players than Oklahoma to which I obviously said "duh, and those great players choose to go to Oklahoma because we win trophies and Texas doesnt". His response was "Stoops paid off the prison warden at Adrian PEterson's dad's prison so that he could talk to AD's dad, and thats the only reason you guys got him." Of course, the fact that AD's decision came down between OU and USC, not UT, made no difference that we cheated to get him away from UT somehow

I then asked him how many national titles UT had and he said "uhhh 3". UT Fan-FAIL

Then he proceeded to call Sam "a little bitch" for getting hurt and talk how Colt McCoy is so much better. I then asked him how many conference rings Colt has won as starter and just held up a big zero with my hand for the next minute while he shouted non-sensical gibberish.

Lesson learned: Logic and rational thinking are the UT fans worst enemies and they must divert attention away from said logic as loudly and as often as possible.

Widescreen
10/30/2009, 09:12 AM

How can they talk if they've been throat punched? Some doctor you are.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/30/2009, 09:18 AM
I'm wondering why it took so long to become official.

MamaMia
10/30/2009, 09:29 AM
My sister and I were approached by a horn with bad manners while having breakfast. He gleefully walked up to our table to snicker about Sam being "done with OU", as he put it, and said something about him going "under the knife." Even though he didn't actually say anything about Sam rolling on the Cotton Bowl field in excruciating pain, he did confront us as we were anxiously awaiting the news about whether or not Sam's surgery was successful.

My sister, who is a Cornhusker and introduced herself as such, said..."Your comment is in very poor taste and your timing is at best, very ignorant, but if thats the kind of thing you longhorns like to hang your hat on, then I guess you'll be having a very good day."

MamaMia
10/30/2009, 09:30 AM
How can they talk if they've been throat punched? Some doctor you are....because longhorns don't talk out of their mouths.

SoonerAtKU
10/30/2009, 09:44 AM
All I'll say is that someone over on Texags appears to have an animated gif of Colt writhing in pain after aggravating his neck injury there in 06. I'm sure you can right-click -> Save as and do all sorts of fun things with that.

SGT Park3R
10/30/2009, 09:48 AM
...because longhorns don't talk out of their mouths.
:pop: Very nice!

Soonerwake
10/30/2009, 09:57 AM
Every Sooner fan should have the opportunity to sit on the 50 yard line at least once at OU-texas solely to realize how horn fans behave when they aren't in the minority. You will soon realize why they are our most hated rival and why we wanted to castrate anyone who rooted for them against SUC in the NC game in 2005.

Actually, I was one of the unlucky few whose tickets were in that small patch of red in the middle of the UT endzone last year. Walking up the steps to leave at the end of the game through the sea of longhorns was miserable to say the least.

Statalyzer
10/30/2009, 10:40 AM
All I'll say is that someone over on Texags appears to have an animated gif of Colt writhing in pain after aggravating his neck injury there in 06. I'm sure you can right-click -> Save as and do all sorts of fun things with that.

Ironic posting this on a thread about "UT fans are classless for making fun of Sam"

badger
10/30/2009, 10:52 AM
I am not sure it was a good idea to do that to the boss' OU stuff. Perhaps just another co-worker could take it as an arsehole co-worker's taunting, but the boss? Hope he has a resume prepared.

I have both OU and OSU bosses around my office. I can smile after victories, but I rarely cross into the message board territory. The furthest I've gone is calling an infamous Jenni Carlson column the "eating momma's chicken column," but that's nothing.

Making fun of someone's injury? That speaks to a person's character, and not something you want to do around someone who holds your future employment in your hands.

soonerboomer93
10/30/2009, 10:54 AM
They also occasionally like to post pictures of crying children in OU gear.

I don't have a problem with some smack talking, nothing wrong with it. Taking joy from someone being injured, injuring others, making fun of children is all over those lines.

I actually work mostly at a job site surrounded by Tech, A&M and Texas grads. Monday after the game, the UT grad sitting said to me "Sorry about Sam". That was the first thing he said, said it was a good game. Didn't come by whistling "Eyes of Texas" until Wednesday morning.

There's classy OU Fans, there's classy Texas fans, they're ********* Texas fans and frankly there's ********* OU fans too. It's up to the good fans to take a stand when they see the *********gery to remind them they don't need to be an ******* and if they choose to act like one, jump off the bandwagon.

SoonerAtKU
10/30/2009, 11:02 AM
Ironic posting this on a thread about "UT fans are classless for making fun of Sam"

Dude, it's not MY picture. If a horn fan in this guy's office wants to go to that level, I'm just giving him the ammunition to fight back. Take it up with Texags if you're upset that they made that gif.

Personally, I think it's classless, but the coworker took it there first.

soonermix
10/30/2009, 11:10 AM
pictures of injured players.... bad

pictures of crying children with <insert team here> gear on... funny

pictures of children extending middle finger... greatness
i know somebody can help me out here and post that pic for me

badger
10/30/2009, 11:16 AM

It's funny if it's an adult. Adults learn that games are not worth crying about. Kids haven't learned that yet. I feel bad for kids that go to games and end up in tears when their team loses. I'd rather they not show the crying kid after a big loss.

Hell, I even felt bad when they wouldn't stop showing that redshirt froshie running back for Va Tech last night. He fumbled late in the game, UNC led a field goal drive that game them the lead with no time left... the fumble probably cost North Carolina the game.

The running back was in full-fledged tears and was inconsolable. He would not lift the towel from his head and could be seen wiping the areas where his eyes were. It was really sad.

birddog
10/30/2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I work with guy that is Texas fan. He always gives me sh*t about OU, esp this year with the losses. The funny thing is he knows nothing about Texas football, I even stumped him when I asked him if he even knew who the head coach was! So, most of these people are "whom-ever" OU plays that week fans.

the place i opened here in michigan is OU -centered and a whorn came in to watch the game. he said he was diehard and never missed a game.

that first half was so gut-wrenching to watch and there were 20 OU fans here and 1 whorn.

guess who asked where they were playing the game? :rolleyes:

FaninAma
10/30/2009, 11:24 AM

So, do you have any comments on your fellow fans' actions or are you just going to be a general nuisance like you usually are on this board?

soonerboy_odanorth
10/30/2009, 11:29 AM
So, do you have any comments on your fellow fans' actions or are you just going to be a general nuisance like you usually are on this board?

You spelled it wrong... it's not n-u-i-s-a-n-c-e... it's d-o-u-*-*-e-b-a-g. :D

MeMyself&Me
10/30/2009, 12:30 PM
It's funny if it's an adult. Adults learn that games are not worth crying about. Kids haven't learned that yet. I feel bad for kids that go to games and end up in tears when their team loses. I'd rather they not show the crying kid after a big loss.

Hell, I even felt bad when they wouldn't stop showing that redshirt froshie running back for Va Tech last night. He fumbled late in the game, UNC led a field goal drive that game them the lead with no time left... the fumble probably cost North Carolina the game.

The running back was in full-fledged tears and was inconsolable. He would not lift the towel from his head and could be seen wiping the areas where his eyes were. It was really sad.

Badger, I'm with you 100%. The lack of sportsmanship in today's sports is ridiculous. A little back and forth banter is fine with me most of the time but anything directly following a game other than "good game" is nothing more than taking pleasure in someone else's misery... what's cool about that?

Seems now that signs of good sportsmanship are so rare that it becomes a big story. Anybody getting tired of hearing about what good friends Bradford and McCoy are?

And when did crying children become funny?

TexasLidig8r
10/30/2009, 12:38 PM
There's classy OU Fans, there's classy Texas fans, they're ********* Texas fans and frankly there's ********* OU fans too. It's up to the good fans to take a stand when they see the *********gery to remind them they don't need to be an ******* and if they choose to act like one, jump off the bandwagon.

How dare you bring logic, reason and common sense to a good lynch mob thread!!!! :mad:

:D

badger
10/30/2009, 12:43 PM
And when did crying children become funny?
About the same time the little kid giving the bird (and then photoshopped to be a part of certain fanbases) became Internet fodder.

I felt really, really bad for that Va Tech running back last night. Both UNC and VT played great games and this studly RB is having a great season and a great game... then he fumbles the game away. VT was No. 13 in the country and probably will be low 20s or worse after this.

They just kept showing him after that fumble... after UNC gets a game-saving first down on 4th and 7... after UNC scores the game-winning field goal as time expires... after the coaches and athletes shake hands after the game.

There's that RB... sitting there with a towel over his head, inconsolable, with coaches and athletes from both teams coming up to him to try to make him feel better.

If you hate VT (Nebbish fans, hmm?), that might make you laugh. If you and your husband were out sick the entire day and ready to fall asleep from excess drugs, you are ready to cry along with that RB.

Soonerwake
10/30/2009, 01:21 PM
How dare you bring logic, reason and common sense to a good lynch mob thread!!!! :mad:

But lynch mob is a whole lot more fun than logic, reason, and common sense. :D

TheHumanAlphabet
10/30/2009, 01:32 PM

Uhh, multiple beers poured on me and my wife after we won one game around the early 1990s. We were on the 50-yard line...

Taxman71
10/30/2009, 01:42 PM
Uhh, multiple beers poured on me and my wife after we won one game around the early 1990s. We were on the 50-yard line...

We had multiple bottles (plastic, but half full) hurled at us this year even though it was a close game and eventually lost. Lady next to us said the same thing happens every year in this section and alot of donors sell/trade down to be away from the texas fans (thus, people like me got to slide into 50 yard line seats). In 20 years of OU-texas, this was the first time I have ever seen anything thrown at a fan in the stadium.

Funny thing, is hardly any of them knew their own players other than McCoy and Shipley.

OUDoc
10/30/2009, 01:44 PM

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/millerguy/throatpunch.jpg

MeMyself&Me
10/30/2009, 01:47 PM
About the same time the little kid giving the bird (and then photoshopped to be a part of certain fanbases) became Internet fodder.

I felt really, really bad for that Va Tech running back last night. Both UNC and VT played great games and this studly RB is having a great season and a great game... then he fumbles the game away. VT was No. 13 in the country and probably will be low 20s or worse after this.

They just kept showing him after that fumble... after UNC gets a game-saving first down on 4th and 7... after UNC scores the game-winning field goal as time expires... after the coaches and athletes shake hands after the game.

There's that RB... sitting there with a towel over his head, inconsolable, with coaches and athletes from both teams coming up to him to try to make him feel better.

If you hate VT (Nebbish fans, hmm?), that might make you laugh. If you and your husband were out sick the entire day and ready to fall asleep from excess drugs, you are ready to cry along with that RB.

I was watching the end of that game too. Didn't make me enjoy the game any better though. Would have rather them focus on UNC's impending big win as they drove down the short field with time running out.

I understand why they were showing it though. They always show how players react to things that happened on the field. They just carried it too far. Had to feel bad for the guy though... I know I would be gutted if it were me.

picasso
10/30/2009, 02:15 PM

Me in 1991. I heard school, state and team smack. And then the drunken 35 year old frat boys fell into our row after scoring the go ahead TD.

Pricks, the whole lot of 'em.

SoonerBacker
10/30/2009, 02:19 PM
The Whorns aren't the only ones doing this. I had an o-state fan come up to me last night at work to show me something on her phone. It was a picture of Sam on the ground holding his shoulder with the sound of a crying baby dubbed in.

I told her this just proves that she was just as classless as the Whorn fans who cheered when he got hurt.

Any shade of orange = NO CLASS!

badger
10/30/2009, 02:40 PM
Back when I was in band... seems so long ago... a father in Stillwater egged his kid (or a kid with him at the game) to jump on our bus. It was 2002, post-OSU victory.

Anyway, the kid did it, cuz his daddy told him to and all, and here we are, changing out of our hot sticky uniforms, and this 10-year-old run on to the bus, silently does the O-S-U hand motions and yells "Go Cowboys" then runs off.

We all just kind of looked at each other and continued changing.

Anyway, kid, it's your fault that OSU has not won Badlem since that day. Had you just shut up and not tried to make us feel bad about losing and all, you might have pulled off a victory or two since then... you certainly have come close.

But, you had to be a crappy fan. Now, suffer! :D

Taxman71
10/30/2009, 04:41 PM
Back when I was in band... seems so long ago... a father in Stillwater egged his kid (or a kid with him at the game) to jump on our bus. It was 2002, post-OSU victory.

Anyway, the kid did it, cuz his daddy told him to and all, and here we are, changing out of our hot sticky uniforms, and this 10-year-old run on to the bus, silently does the O-S-U hand motions and yells "Go Cowboys" then runs off.

We all just kind of looked at each other and continued changing.

Anyway, kid, it's your fault that OSU has not won Badlem since that day. Had you just shut up and not tried to make us feel bad about losing and all, you might have pulled off a victory or two since then... you certainly have come close.

But, you had to be a crappy fan. Now, suffer! :D

It is possible that kid is now a cowboy flag boy.

badger
10/30/2009, 05:21 PM
It is possible that kid is now a cowboy flag boy.

He would be about college age now... but even OSU doesn't accept complete idiots, and this kid had to be one in order to step onto an opposing team's bus to taunt them following a loss.

Ground_Attack
10/30/2009, 09:35 PM
:gary:
pictures of injured players.... bad

pictures of children extending middle finger... greatness
i know somebody can help me out here and post that pic for me

http://waystosayhello.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/kid-middle-finger.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
10/30/2009, 10:02 PM
even OSU doesn't accept complete idiots.

When did they start this policy?

Crucifax Autumn
10/30/2009, 10:02 PM
even OSU doesn't accept complete idiots.

When did they start this policy?

SPuL
10/30/2009, 10:12 PM
...because longhorns don't talk out of their mouths.

ding ding ding! We have a winner!

insuranceman_22
10/30/2009, 11:14 PM

Like the idea.....me thinks a well timed nut kick would work better though....as word spead, it'd be more intimidating!

thesnowbishop
10/31/2009, 12:55 AM
I come from a mixed family/friend cohort of OU/Texas fans. We pregame, downplay our teams, get lit, ogle each others' girlies, and only contemplate slashing the others' tires. After the game this year, it was a total fleisher's corny dog-stuff-your-face kind of atmosphere. They knew they skirted defeat; we knew we just almost had the turds. Any other braggart longhorn type fans should be severely scoffed.

thesnowbishop
10/31/2009, 01:06 AM
Of course, now I think the only sentiment is (as hard as it is to say): Go Pokes! Crush those sons-a-bitches!