PDA

View Full Version : They ought to write a folk song about this...

Okla-homey
10/29/2009, 11:05 PM
:eek:

Canadian folk singer died doing something she loved, mother says

By Emanuella Grinberg, CNN
October 29, 2009 10:29 p.m. EDT

(CNN) -- Those who knew Canadian folk musician Taylor Mitchell say her passion for her craft was matched by her affinity for nature.

Fresh out of high school, she embarked upon a three-week tour of Eastern Canada earlier this month full of hope over her blossoming career and excited to explore the region with a new car and driver's license.

The 19-year-old rising star was in between gigs when, according to a Nova Scotia Cape Breton Highlands National Park official, she was killed by coyotes during a hike on Tuesday afternoon.

"If there can be any comfort at all, it is knowing that Taylor was doing two of the things she loved most, sharing story and song on the road and spending time in nature's fold," her manager, Lisa Weitz said in an e-mail. "She loved the woods and had a deep affinity for their beauty and serenity."

Mitchell was a "seasoned naturalist" well versed in wilderness camping who wouldn't want the coyotes responsible for her death to be killed, her mother said Thursday.

btk108
10/29/2009, 11:08 PM
coyotes can't even do in the Roadrunner.....what's the deal?

OUHOMER
10/30/2009, 05:16 AM
"Mitchell was a "seasoned naturalist" well versed in wilderness camping who wouldn't want the coyotes responsible for her death to be killed, her mother said Thursday. "

BS, She would want them killed, This could not have been a good way to go. being torn to shreds by coyotes had to be the suck.

trying to visualize trying to fight them off. :eek:

Okla-homey
10/30/2009, 05:57 AM
I simply can't fathom why the girl's mom is asserting the Canadian authorities must not destroy the maneating coyotes which, being in Nova Scotia, are so far out of their natural range, its almost ridiculous.

If she had been killed by wolves, sure.:rolleyes: But coyotes? In Nova Scotia?

olevetonahill
10/30/2009, 06:06 AM
Coyotes are the scum suckers
How in hell do anyone get kilt by em ?

Breadburner
10/30/2009, 07:45 AM
I think they have wolves and coyotes mixed up......

Wishboned
10/30/2009, 10:44 AM
Folk singer
The coyote's after you
Folk singer
if he catches you you're through...

TheHumanAlphabet
10/30/2009, 01:37 PM
Okay, is this girl like the bear dude??

Not sure how you can get killed by a coyote(s) - she must have been out of it or not fought back...

Wolves, I can understand. How the hell to you confuse the two?

KC//CRIMSON
10/30/2009, 01:51 PM
coyotes can't even do in the Roadrunner.....what's the deal?

qRzcCbjQ_5I

stoopified
10/30/2009, 02:39 PM
Just found the perfect place for Michael Moore to take a hike.

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 02:54 PM
That's why I always enjoy nature's fold well armed.

beer4me
10/31/2009, 05:09 AM
Spent a large part of my life in the woods hunting, fishing, was raised on a farm in NE Oklahoma and I have never ever heard of coyotes that were not cornered attacking humans.

These guys had to be starving or something.

Is there more to this story??

StoopTroup
10/31/2009, 06:01 AM
One of the first things that came into my mind is that they are pack animals. Blood usually excites pack animals. I wonder if this gal was taking said walk, alone, during her menstrual cycle. If that was the case...it's just a case of stupidity on her part. There are rules one should follow in the wild. This is one of them IMO. Sometimes I think folks take this "One in being with nature'' to far. I world I live in is a violent unforgiving World that can be enjoyed with a firearm.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/files/imagecache/photo-gallery/photo/7/image002.jpg

Jacie
10/31/2009, 03:55 PM
She went walking with coyotes one day.
They ate her and ain't much more to say.
The coyotes had her for a snack.
She went walking and she never came back.

StoopTroup
10/31/2009, 04:10 PM
Hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiddle
The cow jumped over the moon
If you go on a hike and don't take a gun
The coyotes will have eaten you by noon