PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare scenario: osu or tex as mnc?

ouwasp
10/29/2009, 10:38 PM
may Dad and I talked about it a little earlier this evening... what a disturbing train of thought...

Dad came down for osu (he did graduate from okla a&m back in the 50's).

I did a good job of being non-commital, with a slight lean toward tex.

Curly Bill
10/29/2009, 10:44 PM
I'd rather see anyone as champs besides the whorns.

JLEW1818
10/29/2009, 10:47 PM
I would want the pokes to win b4 the horns

OUAlumni1990
10/29/2009, 10:50 PM
yep, I really don't hate the pokes, I just find them very annoying..

I'd rather see OSU win it, they would still have to win 6 more to catch up with us.

Besides, why are we even talking about it, pokes are not going to win...

gaylordfan1
10/29/2009, 11:03 PM
OSU

btk108
10/29/2009, 11:10 PM
the pokes are like your little brother or sister.....they annoy us...we like to beat up and make fun of them....but if somebody's gotta win....I pick them

Sooner Among The Pack
10/29/2009, 11:11 PM
For me, this one is a no-brainer. Let's keep the college football elite class about the same size as it is now. No need to get OSU in the mix. Don't see it happenning with that defense anyway.

sooner59
10/29/2009, 11:59 PM
F*** the whorns! I would 1,000% more rather sheeplovers up north have it than to have to watch Mack Brown hold up another crystal ball and french kiss Colt on the field. Then to have to hear about it for another year? No way. I would rather the cowpokers get it, and we just brush them aside saying they won it by default due to no great teams this year.

gaylordfan1
10/30/2009, 12:12 AM
For me, this one is a no-brainer. Let's keep the college football elite class about the same size as it is now. No need to get OSU in the mix. Don't see it happenning with that defense anyway.

Well said!

pappy
10/30/2009, 03:13 AM
osu

Leroy Lizard
10/30/2009, 03:36 AM
OSU is in Oklahoma. Therefore, OSU. Hell, they're my third favorite team behind Tulsa.

BTW, an OSU national title should mean about a 50% reduction in salary for a certain highly paid coach.

OUHOMER
10/30/2009, 05:25 AM
I dont know if i could put up with the sheep humpers if they win. if tx was to win, i just shrug my shoulders and walk away.
But having to listen to the osu fans forever about how they won a MNC, well I dont know if i can put up with there ****

prrriiide
10/30/2009, 07:37 AM
I have actually given this topic a bit of thought, as I have seen it more than once. The conclusion I have reached is one fraught with angst, disdain, loathing and disgust. But my reasoning, I believe, is sound.

I must say texass.

texass has won the NC before. We know the ramifications of a texass NC. We know the effects. We will all survive another texass NC, no matter how bitter the pill or unpleasant the arrogance of the hemorrhoids from Norte Mexico are.

lOSUr, on the other hand has had no such success. The effects are unknown. The results could be dire. Will there be a re-alignment of the magnetic poles? Will the Mississippi reverse its flow? Will there be a plague of locusts? We just don't know.

That is why I must, reluctantly say texass.

TXBOOMER
10/30/2009, 07:45 AM
I would rather any team win the NC other than texass. Okie State doesn't have a prayer, they will be getting a beat down in Norman in a few weeks regardless of what they do tommorrow.

SGT Park3R
10/30/2009, 08:05 AM
F*** the whorns! I would 1,000% more rather sheeplovers up north have it than to have to watch Mack Brown hold up another crystal ball and french kiss Colt on the field. Then to have to hear about it for another year? No way. I would rather the cowpokers get it, and we just brush them aside saying they won it by default due to no great teams this year.

Yes sir. My thoughts exactly. Can't stand the thought of all the TX fans around here talking about it 'til I go back to the states. Suck value, very HIGH!

OUDoc
10/30/2009, 08:13 AM
OSU will never win a MNC. It just won't happen.

LesNessman
10/30/2009, 08:17 AM
OSU, no question.

I don't see either team even playing for it, but I would much, much rather see OSU.

ouwapiti
10/30/2009, 08:21 AM
no way osu could ever win the mnc.... should they ever get to the championship game, their sphincter would be so tight you couldnt pull a pin out of it with a john deere tractor

TexasLidig8r
10/30/2009, 08:25 AM
Dont see why Okie Lite was even discussed.

They aren't winning it this year even if they win on Sat night.. too many teams ahead of them.

They pretty much graduate their entire team.

They will be at best a consistent 8 - 9 win team who may spring the occasional upset.

Mjcpr
10/30/2009, 08:27 AM

No kidding, this one's easy....osu would be the bigger nightmare, by a mile.

CrimsonCommando
10/30/2009, 08:28 AM
FREE DEZ!!!

ouduckhunter
10/30/2009, 08:31 AM
I could deal with OSU winning it, but not with the Whorns.

MeMyself&Me
10/30/2009, 08:41 AM
Well, I have to go with * because for OSU to win it this year would mean they would beat OU and * already did that. Don't want to see another OU loss.

In a normal year, it's mainly a toss up with maybe leaning toward OSU simply because I have to live with the whorens.

beer4me
10/30/2009, 08:45 AM
I dont know if i could put up with the sheep humpers if they win. if tx was to win, i just shrug my shoulders and walk away.
But having to listen to the osu fans forever about how they won a MNC, well I dont know if i can put up with there ****

My feelings to the T

IronHorseSooner
10/30/2009, 08:48 AM
Yes sir. My thoughts exactly. Can't stand the thought of all the TX fans around here talking about it 'til I go back to the states. Suck value, very HIGH!

Having been in your EXACT position back in 2005-2006 back in Mosul, I can unequivocally say that OSU winning is a better scenario.

Now them winning the game this week does help them (and us) in terms of the conference race, but they would need A LOT of help to get to the MNC.
Iowa, Cincy, and SUC would all need to lose.

rawlingsHOH
10/30/2009, 08:59 AM
If OSU can come into Norman and win, they can have it.

stoopified
10/30/2009, 01:33 PM
may Dad and I talked about it a little earlier this evening... what a disturbing train of thought...

Dad came down for osu (he did graduate from okla a&m back in the 50's).

I did a good job of being non-commital, with a slight lean toward tex.Yes UT winning the MNC would be disturbing BUT mentioning T.Boone State in the MNC is just silly.

SoonerKnight
10/31/2009, 02:14 AM
Option C: *uck them both!

bluedogok
10/31/2009, 10:48 AM
None of the above?

I would have to say the Whorns, they have been there before. I worked with a 100 or so OSU people when I lived in OKC, God forbid they ever have any REAL success, they are bad enough to be around when they go 8-4...but as Lid said, too many other obstacles in the way for OSU to get there, they are too low in the rankings this late in the season.

Having been in your EXACT position back in 2005-2006 back in Mosul, I can unequivocally say that OSU winning is a better scenario.

Now them winning the game this week does help them (and us) in terms of the conference race, but they would need A LOT of help to get to the MNC.
Iowa, Cincy, and SUC would all need to lose.
Whorn fans get much more obnoxious the further they get away from Austin. When I lived in Dallas they were horrible (the fans and the team in the early 90's) but still not as bad as the OSU fans I was around in OKC.

PLaw
10/31/2009, 10:51 AM
TCU GO FROGS!

BOOMER!

VA Sooner
10/31/2009, 11:12 AM
OSU over Texas any day.

the_ouskull
10/31/2009, 11:24 AM
I can't put up with OSU fans NOW, with them never having won anything of substance, football-related. (Splitting a conference championship over 20 years ago doesn't constitute "winning something of substance." Winning over 20 years worth of conference championships, on the other hand...) I can't even begin to fathom what they would morph into if they ever had a successful season. It certainly wouldn't be classy. And a championship might be the push that the Forty Year-Old Virgin needs to recruit a defense. Then they'd be "worthy" (as if) for at least two or three more seasons.

With Tejas, we know what we get. We've SEEN them win one. They got bad, sure. There were many public Wooderson appearances. It wasn't unbearable. Besides, if someone has to win one, would you really feel THAT bad for Colt McCoy? Really? I mean, f*ck that kid and all, but given a choice between he/Mack or Gundy...? Really?

Did I just come out of the closet? I'd rather find out I was g*y in prison than to see either of these teams win, though, so my above argument was purely hypothetical. I'm going to go and go manly things (like cry, and eat ice cream) now.

the_ouskull

itsok
10/31/2009, 11:41 AM
If it means to win the MNC, i would go with texass just to keep elite teams winning it...who could shut up OSU fans if they won one...i used to live in Tulsa in the late 90`s, i remember those days when OSU fans would just be unbearable...so there...
I'll be pulling for them to beat UT tonight though!!!
GO SOONERS!!!

tulsaoilerfan
10/31/2009, 11:57 AM
Doesn't matter cause neither is going to happen