PDA

View Full Version : Urinate on the Koran?

I Am Right
10/29/2009, 05:46 PM
Would Larry David Urinate on a Koran? – by Jamie Glazov
2009 October 29
tags: Christianity, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Islam, Jesus, Koran, Larry Davidby Jamie Glazov

In a recent Curb Your Enthusiasm episode, Larry David accidentally urinates on a picture of Jesus while he is a guest in someone else’s home. This, in turn, leads to a misunderstanding in which the homeowners think they have a miraculously weeping Jesus.

Some Christians are understandably upset.

Just some thoughts on what this episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm has revealed:

Are producers of this show, or Larry David, or anyone else connected to it fearing for their lives right now? Are there Christian groups calling for the death of anyone in connection to this episode?

In comparison, let us say, to the Muhammad cartoons riots and death threats, what does this say about Islam and Christianity? Which faith is a Religion of Peace and which one is not?

Would the producers of this show have just as easily allowed a scene in which Larry David urinates on a Koran? He couldn’t urinate on a picture of Muhammad because we all know that making a representation of Muhammad gets you an immediate death sentence. So we have to settle for the Holy Book. But how much does anyone want to bet that this would never be allowed?

Question: Why in our culture is urinating on Jesus easily permitted but urinating on the Koran is simply unthinkable? What does this signify?

And why is it that the people who right now are rolling their eyes and saying that Christians should get a life because this is freedom of expression, the same ones who would be up in arms if Larry David had done the same thing to the Koran? They are the ones who blamed the artists of the Muhammad cartoons for provoking and upsetting Muslims. They are the ones who argue that, when it comes to the sensibilities of Muslims, free speech has limits. If Curb Your Enthusiasm had an episode in which Larry David urinated on a Koran, they would be on the front lines saying that this is Islamophobia and that we must be sensitive to the feelings of Muslims, etc. It would be deemed as hate speech. There would be lawsuits and the show would be cancelled and David’s career would be over.

HBO has come to the defense of the episode, saying that it is all about parody. Everyone needs to lighten up. So, if Larry David urinated on the Koran, would HBO tell everyone they need to lighten up because it is parody? What does it say that we know for a fact that the latter would simply never happen?

What meaning and lesson do we draw from this?

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 05:57 PM
What lesson do we draw?

a) You're incapable of formulating your own thoughts and opinions and rely on cut-and-paste articles from other people to try and communicate ideas that are beyond your scope. Yet you still fail.
b) Whoever wrote this spends more time hating Islam than loving Christianity.
c) Both of you need to grow senses of humor
d) Even if you found it un-funny, then be offended. Don't be Xenophobic.
e) Your Troll handle is about as worthless as a box of broken dildos, Rush. Post for yourself, or try and make it interesting, like the Penguins.

I guaran-damn-tee you that there are "Christians" out there who are talking about how they'd like to "beat up" or "kill" Larry David for doing this.

And, before you say that "threatening someone from your own home isn't the same as ordering a death," let me point out that some Mullah in Sand-in-my-arse-istan declaring a Fatwah against Trey Parker and Matt Stone for doodling Muhammad is just about as dangerous/realistic/threatening.

Quit the **** measuring between Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Jesus wouldn't do it. And it sure as **** isn't a Christian thing to do.

Oh...and:

f) I'm TOTALLY IN FAVOR of artists/comedians/writers/performers urinating on pictures of whatever they'd like/books/etc if it's CREATIVE or FUNNY or INFORMATIVE or WORTH WHILE. And I think Southpark is AWESOME for going ahead and mocking Muhammad. Islam needs to grow as much of a sense of humor as Judaism and Christianity already have.

JLEW1818
10/29/2009, 06:00 PM
hell I'll **** on anything i want

I Am Right
10/29/2009, 06:04 PM
What lesson do we draw?

a) You're incapable of formulating your own thoughts and opinions and rely on cut-and-paste articles from other people to try and communicate ideas that are beyond your scope. Yet you still fail.
e) Your Troll handle is about as worthless as a box of broken dildos, Rush. Post for yourself, or try and make it interesting, like the Penguins.

I guaran-damn-tee you that there are "Christians" out there who are talking about how they'd like to "beat up" or "kill" Larry David for doing this.

And, before you say that "threatening someone from your own home isn't the same as ordering a death," let me point out that some Mullah in Sand-in-my-arse-istan declaring a Fatwah against Trey Parker and Matt Stone for doodling Muhammad is just about as dangerous/realistic/threatening.

Quit the **** measuring between Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Jesus wouldn't do it. And it sure as **** isn't a Christian thing to do.

Oh...and:

f) I'm TOTALLY IN FAVOR of artists/comedians/writers/performers urinating on pictures of whatever they'd like/books/etc if it's CREATIVE or FUNNY or INFORMATIVE or WORTH WHILE. And I think Southpark is AWESOME for going ahead and mocking Muhammad. Islam needs to grow as much of a sense of humor as Judaism and Christianity already have.

Why are your panties in a wad?

I Am Right
10/29/2009, 06:06 PM
What lesson do we draw?

Oh...and:

Just a suggestion, go read the first post

StoopTroup
10/29/2009, 06:06 PM
I had no idea LAS had ever broken a dildo till now.

Wow! A whole box.

Site NSFW
http://pandagon.blogsome.com/2006/02/28/divine-interventions-provides-a-religious-experience/

I Am Right
10/29/2009, 06:07 PM
I had no idea LAS had ever broken a dildo till now.

Wow! A whole box.

Ha, Ha.

tommieharris91
10/29/2009, 06:08 PM
Why are your panties in a wad?

Why are yours for posting that article?

By the way, did you write it? Because there's no attribution to an author, or a link.

I Am Right
10/29/2009, 06:11 PM
Why are yours for posting that article?

By the way, did you write it? Because there's no attribution to an author, or a link.

Gosh, how dare I post something that offends a liberal! How intolerant of me.

StoopTroup
10/29/2009, 06:13 PM
Gosh, how dare I post something that offends a liberal! How intolerant of me.

I thought you were the liberal. This is all so confusing.

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 06:18 PM
Why are your panties in a wad?They aren't, Troll.

Just a suggestion, go read the first postI read it. It was stupid.

Read it again. Still stupid.

tommieharris91
10/29/2009, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry you got your panties all in a wad over someone pissing on a picture of Jesus Christ. You might want to take some time to ponder whether asking someone who rebuts "your" article (albeit in a condescending, tacky way) "Are your panties in a wad?" is something that is pleasing to God, your church, or Christianity in general.

tommieharris91
10/29/2009, 06:30 PM
I thought you were the liberal. This is all so confusing.

Yep, I'm liberal. I am Right made me pro-choice. :texan:

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry you got your panties all in a wad over someone pissing on a picture of Jesus Christ. You might want to take some time to ponder whether asking someone who rebuts "your" article (albeit in a condescending, tacky way) "Are your panties in a wad?" is something that is pleasing to God, your church, or Christianity in general.Name something that I DON'T do in a condescending, tacky way. ;)

:D

olevetonahill
10/29/2009, 07:11 PM
Some of MY best friends on this Board are Libs
Then again some of the biggest idjits are just that Idjits :cool:

JLEW1818
10/29/2009, 07:26 PM
Some of MY best friends on this Board are Libs
Then again some of the biggest idjits are just that Idjits :cool:

I'm not a lib....

:D

yermom
10/29/2009, 07:27 PM
how many people do you know that would not sit idly by as i whizzed on the Bible?

JLEW1818
10/29/2009, 07:29 PM
i pee on horns

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 07:31 PM
A little OleVet Juice closes all political gaps. :D

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 07:32 PM
It's pretty sad when I'M the voice of reason.

JohnnyMack
10/29/2009, 07:37 PM
I crapped on Xenu once.

olevetonahill
10/29/2009, 07:40 PM

Lets dont get carried away here:pop:

StoopTroup
10/29/2009, 07:52 PM
how many people do you know that would not sit idly by as i whizzed on the Bible?

I won't be able to attend the TG this weekend. Could you post about how that went once your out of the Hospital?

GottaHavePride
10/29/2009, 08:47 PM
I don't hate conservatives OR liberals. Or pretty much any religion you can think of. (I'm not including Scientology here... more on that in a second.)

But I hate stupid people. (see what I did there?)

And I don't mean I hate mentally handicapped people. I mean I hate people who should have normal intelligence but are too freakin' lazy to bother thinking about anything. THAT pisses me right the hell off.

Like: Hey, moron who makes a left turn across 7 lanes of traffic to swerve into a right-turn lane to get on another street? Why not go out the OTHER damn exit of the parking lot, make a right hand turn and HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT, you're going the direction you want to be going without nearly running over 14 different cars.

soonerinabilene
10/29/2009, 08:57 PM
I don't hate conservatives OR liberals. Or pretty much any religion you can think of. (I'm not including Scientology here... more on that in a second.)

But I hate stupid people. (see what I did there?)

And I don't mean I hate mentally handicapped people. I mean I hate people who should have normal intelligence but are too freakin' lazy to bother thinking about anything. THAT pisses me right the hell off.

Like: Hey, moron who makes a left turn across 7 lanes of traffic to swerve into a right-turn lane to get on another street? Why not go out the OTHER damn exit of the parking lot, make a right hand turn and HOLY CRAP LOOK AT THAT, you're going the direction you want to be going without nearly running over 14 different cars.

was he peeing on jesus while he was driving, though?

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 09:03 PM
was he peeing on jesus while he was driving, though?If he was, I'm gonna have to wait until Rush Limbaugh tells me how I should feel about it...

Curly Bill
10/29/2009, 09:17 PM

It's pretty sad that you'd think you're the voice of reason. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 09:26 PM
It's pretty sad you don't see that I AM the voice of reason in this thread. :cool:

GottaHavePride
10/29/2009, 09:26 PM
was he peeing on jesus while he was driving, though?

I don't know - it was probably a chick in an SUV wearing sunglasses bigger than her face.

;)

I Am Right
10/29/2009, 09:36 PM
If he was, I'm gonna have to wait until Rush Limbaugh tells me how I should feel about it...

I am pretty sure how Rush would feel about it.

I Am Right
10/29/2009, 09:37 PM
It's pretty sad you don't see that I AM the voice of reason in this thread. :cool:

First name is ALWAYS.

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 11:22 PM
^^^

Dude.

You. Don't. Make. Any. Sense.

Evar.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2009, 11:26 PM
Getting offended over **** that has little to do with you personally is the new American past time.

What Larry David did was in poor taste, but a lot that comes out of LA is in poor taste (present company excluded ;)).

Turd_Ferguson
10/29/2009, 11:37 PM
Getting offended over **** that has little to do with you personally is the new American past time.

What Larry David did was in poor taste, but a lot that comes out of LA is in poor taste (present company excluded ;)).kiss ***.

SicEmBaylor
10/29/2009, 11:39 PM
kiss ***.

Shut your whore mouth. I'm hoping he'll introduce me to Alexis Bledel some day.

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2009, 11:39 PM

What Larry David did was in poor taste, but a lot that comes out of LA is in poor taste (present company excluded ;)).We keep agreeing on more and more things.

I also think that the majority of films and music out of LA, music out of Nashville, Fashion out of NYC and politics out of D.C. is pure, unadulterated, half-assed, lazy CRAP.

I also lament the fact that the "r"epublican Party has become the "party of opposition" and a bunch of freakin' crybaby whiners to a magnitude I've never before witnessed...and YES, I'm including the whiny Dems after 2000.

That said...all things come in cycles. Hopefully Hollywood can start making good movies again (we fixed the problem with crappy TV, finally), Nashville can start making good Country again (instead of all this crap on the airwaves for the past 10 years), NYC can come up with some fashion that doesn't look like it belongs on a homeless guy from the year 4003, D.C. can start making some decisions and passing some laws that make sense while working in a more bi-partisan way (yeah...right :rolleyes:) and "r"epublicans can start acting like Republicans again and come up with their own policies, suggestions, solutions and quit whining.

But I'm an optimist. ;)

SCOUT
10/29/2009, 11:53 PM
I saw the episode tonight and I thought it was pretty funny. I actually thought it was not up to the usual standard for Curb but it was good. The splashing on the picture could certainly be seen as offensive but nothing over the top.

As I was reading this thread, I tend to agree with most folks who say it is no big deal. However, the original post (ignore the poster for a moment :D) makes the point that it would have been viewed differently from another perspective. For example :

Newsweek issued a formal retraction yesterday of the flawed story that sparked deadly riots in Afghanistan and other countries, after the magazine came under increasingly sharp criticism from White House, State Department and Pentagon officials.

The magazine's statement retracted its charge that U.S. military investigators had confirmed that an American interrogator at the detention facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, had flushed a copy of the Koran down a toilet. Newsweek Editor Mark Whitaker said he thought the magazine had already "retracted what we think we may have gotten wrong" in an editor's note published Sunday and in media interviews. "We've called it an error," he said. "We've called it a mistake.".

SCOUT
10/29/2009, 11:55 PM
We keep agreeing on more and more things.

I also think that the majority of films and music out of LA, music out of Nashville, Fashion out of NYC and politics out of D.C. is pure, unadulterated, half-assed, lazy CRAP.

I also lament the fact that the "r"epublican Party has become the "party of opposition" and a bunch of freakin' crybaby whiners to a magnitude I've never before witnessed...and YES, I'm including the whiny Dems after 2000.

That said...all things come in cycles. Hopefully Hollywood can start making good movies again (we fixed the problem with crappy TV, finally), Nashville can start making good Country again (instead of all this crap on the airwaves for the past 10 years), NYC can come up with some fashion that doesn't look like it belongs on a homeless guy from the year 4003, D.C. can start making some decisions and passing some laws that make sense while working in a more bi-partisan way (yeah...right :rolleyes:) and "r"epublicans can start acting like Republicans again and come up with their own policies, suggestions, solutions and quit whining.

But I'm an optimist. ;)

You are NOT an optimist. Otherwise, I tend to agree :D

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2009, 12:39 AM
We keep agreeing on more and more things.

But I'm an optimist. ;)

Hey, I'll agree with whatever the hell you want if you can arrange a dinner date with Alexis Bledel. :D

Turd_Ferguson
10/30/2009, 01:33 AM
Hey, I'll agree with whatever the hell you want if you can arrange a dinner date with Alexis Bledel. :DYour dinner date will be in Abilene...LAS will tell her to meet you in Houston.:D

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2009, 01:40 AM
Your dinner date will be in Abilene...LAS will tell her to meet you in Houston.:D

Make sure it's overcast that day!

Fraggle145
10/30/2009, 01:53 AM
For me to poop on...

SCOUT
10/30/2009, 02:01 AM
For me to poop on...

You were obviously intending to post in the hornfans thread :)

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 02:11 AM
Your dinner date will be in Abilene...LAS will tell her to meet you in Houston.:DNo. I'll tell her to go to Abilene, too...knowing full well he'll make a wrong turn and end up in Houston. ;)

http://www.dailymakeover.com/appImages/galleryImages/Celebrity_Hairstyles/Alexis_Bledel+May_2005.jpg

SicEmBaylor
10/30/2009, 02:22 AM
God, she's wonderful.

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 08:41 AM
God, she's wonderful.

It's not the face you ____, it's the ____ you face.

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 09:13 AM
I don't watch Larry David. I have seen that show once or twice several years ago though and I'd have to say it's pretty meh.

All that aside, I think everyone is missing the point here. Simply put, what would the media do if he pissed on a picture of the prophet Mohammad? Would there be a liberal outcry about offending muslims? You bet your ****ing *** there would. Especially since David is Jewish (I'm assuming, but I think he is). Anyone who denies that is a ****ing idiot.

iwannabelikesam
10/30/2009, 09:21 AM
**** all over all religions crap as far as I am concerned.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2253/2495050415_e188cdbc0f.jpg

Oh noes!!1!
I hope the terrorists don't get me now!

I Am Right
10/30/2009, 10:00 AM
I don't watch Larry David. I have seen that show once or twice several years ago though and I'd have to say it's pretty meh.

All that aside, I think everyone is missing the point here. Simply put, what would the media do if he pissed on a picture of the prophet Mohammad? Would there be a liberal outcry about offending muslims? You bet your ****ing *** there would. Especially since David is Jewish (I'm assuming, but I think he is). Anyone who denies that is a ****ing idiot.

Good post, someone who can read and understand.

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2009, 10:27 AM
So this whole things boils down to "Christians are better people cause we don't get as offended when people **** on our religion."

Got it

yermom
10/30/2009, 10:38 AM
hey everybody, watch me not reacting!

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 11:06 AM
So this whole things boils down to "Christians are better people cause we don't get as offended when people **** on our religion."

Got it

How about we put it this way. "We don't run around screaming in outrage, blowing **** up, cutting people's heads off with butter knives, and demanding the deaths of all infidels." So yeah, I'd have to say christians are better people.

And I think all you "what's the big outrage" folks need to stop being obtuse and just put the shoe on the other foot. Like I said, if this was a **** on a muslim dealio, it'd be all over the news with demands, etc. And you know it.

JLEW1818
10/30/2009, 11:11 AM
nor do Christians think flying airplanes into buildings is what their god wanted them to do...........

yermom
10/30/2009, 11:24 AM
How about we put it this way. "We don't run around screaming in outrage, blowing **** up, cutting people's heads off with butter knives, and demanding the deaths of all infidels." So yeah, I'd have to say christians are better people.

And I think all you "what's the big outrage" folks need to stop being obtuse and just put the shoe on the other foot. Like I said, if this was a **** on a muslim dealio, it'd be all over the news with demands, etc. And you know it.

nah, you'd rather they just turn the ME into glass and forget about it ;)

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 11:28 AM
One thing is for sure...Larry knows how to get ratings...lol

BermudaSooner
10/30/2009, 11:38 AM
I saw the episode, and it was funny--the midriff stuff was funny. The backsplash on the Jesus picture not so much, but I wasn't offended by it.

The point I took away--isn't it nice to live in America where we've got the freedom to do this. In Afghanistan and with a Muslim icon, Larry would be dead by now. Of course, if Larry had done with with a Muslim icon in the US, he'd probably have every left wing wacko calling for the canceling of his show.

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 12:08 PM
I saw the episode, and it was funny--the midriff stuff was funny. The backsplash on the Jesus picture not so much, but I wasn't offended by it.

The point I took away--isn't it nice to live in America where we've got the freedom to do this. In Afghanistan and with a Muslim icon, Larry would be dead by now. Of course, if Larry had done with with a Muslim icon in the US, he'd probably have every left wing wacko calling for the canceling of his show.

Which really shows just how much of a double standard we have allowed in our supposed ''Free Society''.

I've known some folks who lost loved ones to the Japanese. Some took their hatred to the grave and others forgave but never forgot. I think the same can be said for the Muslim Faith. I will never forget what transpired on 9-11-01 and the reaction that happened in the Muslim World right after that. They are lucky to live in this Country and I dare say...should be doing everything possible to change the way their faith is taught in our Society. If they don't....they can take their freedom back to where they or their Families came from.

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 03:12 PM

*ahem*

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/05/31/kansas.doctor.killed/index.html

Doctor who performed abortions shot to death

:pop:

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 03:12 PM
Good post, someone who can read and understand.Unlike you, for instance? :D

Got it^^^ THIS.

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 03:14 PM
nor do Christians think flying airplanes into buildings is what their god wanted them to do...........

Again...

*ahem*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

U.S. Military Vet.
Self Described "Christian."
Doing what he felt was the morally necessary thing to do.

:pop:

And I haven't even gotten into all the other examples. Here's a tiny sampling:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

Matthew 7:3. I'm just sayin'.

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 03:22 PM
Those are quite possibly the lamest rabble-rouser posts you've ever come up with. The American judge gives you a solid D on these ones.

For every abortion doctor killer there's 100K muslim radicals willing to kill and/or die for Allah. For every Timothy McVeigh there's tens of thousands of dudes just dying to blow innocent people up in the name of Allah.

Like I said, lame.

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2009, 03:26 PM
So yeah, I'd have to say christians are better people.

Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.

And for the record, as one of these damned libs, any joke, about any religion, is fine by me. Personally I wish there were more jokes that started out "So a priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar..."

I mean, hell, between all three groups its the same dude they pray to.

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 03:30 PM
And for the record, as one of these damned libs, any joke, about any religion, is fine by me. Personally I wish there were more jokes that started out "So a priest, a rabbi, and an imam walk into a bar..."

I mean, hell, between all three groups its the same dude they pray to.
Agreed. In full. To all the above points.

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 03:33 PM
Bull****. How is a priest, rabbi, and imam joke any funnier than a fag, abortion doctor, and a atheist joke? Or a ******, a spic, and a jew? Oh wait, now it's not funny any more...

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2009, 03:37 PM
Bull****. How is a priest, rabbi, and imam joke any funnier than a fag, abortion doctor, and a atheist joke? Or a ******, a spic, and a jew? Oh wait, now it's not funny any more...

Hell, I know so many "insensitive" jokes that I could get banned from every board on these internets. People just need to be more comfortable with who and what they are. Muslim, Christian, Jew, Black, White, Asian, Latino, everyone needs to stop taking themselves so god damned seriously.

Jacie
10/30/2009, 03:38 PM
I declare a fatwa on every imam who ever declared a fatwa . . .

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 03:39 PM
Hell, I know so many "insensitive" jokes that I could get banned from every board on these internets. People just need to be more comfortable with who and what they are. Muslim, Christian, Jew, Black, White, Asian, Latino, everyone needs to stop taking themselves so god damned seriously.

Now it's my turn to go this ^^^^^^^^

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 03:44 PM
Those are quite possibly the lamest rabble-rouser posts you've ever come up with. The American judge gives you a solid D on these ones.

For every abortion doctor killer there's 100K muslim radicals willing to kill and/or die for Allah. For every Timothy McVeigh there's tens of thousands of dudes just dying to blow innocent people up in the name of Allah.

Like I said, lame.Oh, really?

:rolleyes:

The National Liberation Front of Tripura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Liberation_Front_of_Tripura), a rebel group operating in Tripura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripura), North-East India (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North-East_India) classified by the National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Memorial_Institute_for_the_Prevention_of_ Terrorism) as one of the ten most active terrorist groups in the world, has been accused of forcefully converting people to Christianity.[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-mipt_nlft-5)[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-nlft-6)[8] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-7)
The Nagaland Rebels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagaland_Rebels) of Nagaland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagaland), North-East India (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North-East_India) is a coalition of rebel groups including the National Socialist Council of Nagaland-Isak-Muivah, has been involved in an ethnic conflict (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_conflict) that has resulted in tens of thousands of deaths since the Indian Declaration of Independence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Declaration_of_Independence).[9] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-8)
Anti-Semitic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Semitic) Romanian Orthodox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanian_Orthodox_Church) fascist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascist) movements in Romania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania), such as the Iron Guard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Guard) and Lăncieri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C4%83ncieri), were responsible for involvement in the Holocaust (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust), Bucharest pogrom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legionnaires%27_rebellion_and_Bucharest_pogrom), and political murders during the 1930s (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1930s).[26] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-25)[27] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-26)[28] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-27)[29] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-yv-28):24
Many Russian political and paramilitary groups combine racism, nationalism, and Russian Orthodox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Orthodox) beliefs.[30] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-verkhovsky-29)[31] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-30)
Russian National Unity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_National_Unity), a far right (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_right) ultra-nationalist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-nationalist) political party and paramilitary (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paramilitary) organization, advocates an increased role for the Russian Orthodox Church (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Orthodox_Church) according to its manifesto. It has been accused of murders, and several terrorist attacks including the bombing of the US Consulate in Ekaterinburg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ekaterinburg).[30] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-verkhovsky-29)[32] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-rnu-31)
The Lord's Resistance Army (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army), a sectarian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sectarian) guerrilla (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla) army engaged in an armed rebellion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army_insurgency) against the Ugandan government (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Uganda), has been accused of using child soldiers and committing numerous crimes against humanity; including massacres, abductions, mutilation, torture, rape, porters and sex slaves.[33] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-32) It is led by Joseph Kony (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Kony), who proclaims himself the spokesperson of God and a spirit medium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_medium), primarily of the Christian Holy Spirit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Spirit) which the Acholi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acholi) believe can represent itself in many manifestations.[34] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-African_Affaris_vol_98-33)[34] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-African_Affaris_vol_98-33)[35] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-34)[36] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-35) LRA fighters wear rosary beads and recite passages from the Bible before battle, but some Islam (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam) is mixed into their beliefs as well.[37] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-36)[38] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-37)[39] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-38)[40] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-39)[41] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-40)[42] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-41)
Beginning in the late nineteenth century (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19th_century), white supremacist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy) Ku Klux Klan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan) members in the Southern United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States) engaged in arson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arson), beatings, cross burning (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_burning), destruction of property, lynching (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching), murder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder), rape (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape), tar-and-feathering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tar-and-feathering), and whipping against African Americans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American), Jews, Catholics and other social or ethnic minorities.[43] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-42)
During the twentieth century (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_century), members of extremist groups such as the Army of God (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_of_God_%28USA%29) began executing attacks against abortion clinics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_clinic) and doctors (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physician) across the United States.[44] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-43)[45] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-wp19950117-44)[46] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-45) A number of terrorist attacks, including the Centennial Olympic Park bombing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centennial_Olympic_Park_bombing) during the 1996 Summer Olympics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Summer_Olympics), were accused of being carried out by individuals and groups with ties to the Christian Identity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Identity) and Christian Patriot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Patriot_movement) movements; including the Lambs of Christ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lambs_of_Christ).[47] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-inside-46):105–120 A group called Concerned Christians (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concerned_Christians) were deported from Israel on suspicion of planning to attack holy sites in Jerusalem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem) at the end of 1999 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999), believing that their deaths (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_by_cop) would "lead them to heaven."[48] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-47)[49] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-48)
The Sons of Freedom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedomites), a sect of Doukhobor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doukhobor) anarchists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_anarchism), have protested nude (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudity_and_protest), blown up power pylons, railroad bridges, and set fire to homes, often targeting their own property.[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#cite_note-4)
The Recontructionist movement (http://www.religioustolerance.org/reconstr.htm) asserts that the coming reign of Jesus will abolish democracy, the separation of church and state (http://www.religioustolerance.org/const_am.htm), abortion access (http://www.religioustolerance.org/abortion.htm), federal welfare programs, and many other features of modern society. Existing laws would be replaced with the Mosaic Code. Slavery, as regulated by biblical laws, would be reintroduced. Adultery, blasphemy and homosexual behavior would become crimes punishable by the death penalty (http://www.religioustolerance.org/execute.htm).
Christian Identity (http://www.religioustolerance.org/cr_ident.htm) (CI) is based on racial supremacy and biblical law (shades of ‘Sharia’?). It has provided the theological foundation for many extremist American movements. It provides the ideological support for some of America’s militias. Its ideas were part of the thinking of Timothy McVeigh. 1
A whole chapter could be written about terrorism in Ulster, North Ireland: Between 1968 and 1998, the IRA killed an estimated 728 civilians (most of them Protestants – not counted are military personnel and police). This compared with an estimated 864 civilians (most of them Catholics) killed by loyalist paramilitaries.
There was the killing of Sri Lanka’s prime minister, S.W.R.D. Bandranaike by a Buddhist monk. A bomb destroyed an Air India Boeing 747 over the Atlantic, killing all 329 people abroad, for which both Sikh and Kashmiri terrorists were blamed.
There was also this: http://www.csmonitor.com/2009/0612/p05s01-usgn.html which was another act of violence from "Christian" extremists and former U.S. military members.

Now, I know you won't take the time to read ANY of what I just put up there, but it doesn't change the facts: There are violent "Christian" extremists out there. Christianity is no better or worse than Islam. PERIOD. The only reason there aren't MORE cases of mass Christian violence is because of three factors, as described by the F.B.I.:

Christian Fundamentalists are not coordinated and unified.
There are fewer Christian splinter groups when compared to Islamic splinter groups following a particular Imam's beliefs.
Christian Fundamentalists are in the power position and able to extend their influence around the world through peaceful and economic means. If they were in the minority or being dominated economically by a more powerful Islamic nation, then the instances of Christian Fundamentalist violence would rise.MY point, which you all seemed to miss since you started thumping your "Our God is Da Best" chests, is that the entire article which started this thread ISN'T about being offended by what Larry David did...it's about how much more inherently AWESOME Christianity is than Islam. Which is both untrue and un-Christian.

As far as I'm concerned...all religions deserve, in fact NEED, to be mocked. Just as all governments NEED to be mocked. And all followers of all movements, be they political or theological, need to grow a thick skin, become open to criticism and be willing to admit their own faults before they spend all their time focusing on the flaws in their "opponents"/fellow brothers and sisters.

But...I'm an idealist.

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 03:48 PM
Dude, I looked your list over. Still weak sauce. Weak. Sauce.

And you won't get an argument from me over organized religion. I think it sucks. I guess what I deem a "christian" is different than what you deem a "christian."

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 03:48 PM
And the American Judge can stick his score card up his ***.

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 03:49 PM
That will disqualify you from competition.

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2009, 03:53 PM
Anyone ever hear about those new Italian all terrain tires? :D

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 03:55 PM
That ain't funny!!11@![hairGel]

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 03:55 PM
Dude, I looked your list over. Still weak sauce. Weak. Sauce.

And you won't get an argument from me over organized religion. I think it sucks. I guess what I deem a "christian" is different than what you deem a "christian."No. NOW we're getting somewhere...

We're just talking semantics.

What you deem a Christian...I TOO deem a Christian.

The dirt bags who go around killing people and hating people and oppressing people for Jesus...those are "christians."

Now, here's the kicker...the same goes for Islam.

Those who are good Muslims (the vast majority) are Muslims to both you and I.

The dirt bags who are blowing **** up in the name of Mohammad in anticipation of their 72 virgins are "muslims" in name, but are ****balls in reality.

Just like the "christians."

And to your other point, it ain't weak sauce. Dead people in the name of Jesus are still dead people. The point is valid.

And lemme paint this hypothetical for you...200 years from now, China and its 2 billion people, plus India and its 2 billion people call in the debts on the U.S. and its 500 million people and begin to dictate to us how things are done. They are predominately Hindu and Buddhist nations.

We start to see their influence in all our businesses, our tv shows, our music, our fashion, our movies, our books, our news programs (just like the rest of the world feels now)...do you not THINK there will suddenly be a HUGE rise in Christian Fundamentalist violence world-wide as they feel everything they've ever known being stripped away and changed to resemble other religions?

I mean, look at all the super pissed off Christians RIGHT NOW...when they are STILL in control?

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 03:56 PM
That will disqualify you from competition.He must be a Whorn judge, then, because his scoring if for ****.

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 03:58 PM
I ain't worried. Those hindus and buddhists just wanna cop some zen and ****.

No, I really don't think there's ever gonna be a "HUGE rise in Christian Fundamentalist violence" at all. Now if you said there's gonna be a huge rise in muslim fundamentalist vioence worldwide then I'd be on board with you. Wait, there already is...

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2009, 03:59 PM
That ain't funny!!11@![hairGel]

What do ya call two white guys pushing a car up a hill? White Power.

What do you call two black guys pushing a car up a hill? Black Power.

What do you call two Mexicans pushing a car up a hill? :D

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 03:59 PM
He must be a Whorn judge, then, because his scoring if for ****.

But he can still whip out a yeller card with the best of them. A whorn? Why I oughta...

Collier11
10/30/2009, 04:00 PM
You can pee on a pic of Jesus and nothing happens but if I get caught peeing on a dumpster in public I can be forced to register as a sex offender, fawk!

TUSooner
10/30/2009, 04:01 PM
It's another round of contrived, howling, indignation by someone who regards Christianity as the equivalent of football team that you compare to other teams in sort of a religious BCS poll. And then there's the fallacious argument that it would NEVER happen to the Koran because bleeding-heart Muslim lovers would... blah blah blah. How does the author know that? He doesn't; but it's good material for a building a strawman depicting "them" as abusers of Christians.

Verdict: You am wrong.

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2009, 04:01 PM
I kind of see Muslim v Jew v Christian the same way as Baptist v Catholic.

Folks just getting their panties in a wad over the best way to praise the big invisible dude in the clouds, each one saying they make the big invisible dude happier.

BTW, Mormon is the correct answer :D

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 04:09 PM
He must be a Whorn judge, then, because his scoring if for ****.
Dude...seriously...you're "pissed off" and defending our hypothetical American judge and his hypothetical scorecard that he uses to judge **** about as effectively as whorn referees judge the Red River Rivalry?

Now THAT is weak sauce. Weak. Sauce.

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 04:13 PM
You can pee on a pic of Jesus in a television show and nothing happens but if you get caught peeing on a dumpster in a television show still...absolutely nothing happens!

However:

You can pee on a pic of Jesus in public and you can be forced to register as a sex offender just the same as if you get caught peeing on a dumpster in public you can be forced to register as a sex offender, fawk!Fixed it for ya, ya ninny. ;)

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 04:21 PM
I kind of see Muslim v Jew v Christian the same way as Baptist v Catholic.

Folks just getting their panties in a wad over the best way to praise the big invisible dude in the clouds, each one saying they make the big invisible dude happier.

BTW, Mormon is the correct answer :D

So....the truth really comes through....

It's Catholic vs Morman.

See...I always thought you all were Christians.

Now we know...just another Cult trying to take down the good folks. :D

BTW...I love Baptists...They are excellent dancers.

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 04:25 PM
Mormons aren't Christian.

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 04:28 PM
Mormons aren't Christian.

They believe in Jesus right?

LosAngelesSooner
10/30/2009, 04:33 PM
So do Jews. And Muslims.

yermom
10/30/2009, 04:33 PM
technically, so do Jews and Muslims

yermom
10/30/2009, 04:34 PM
dammit LAS

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2009, 04:34 PM
technically, so do Jews and Muslims

heh, you was beat

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 04:44 PM
Do they believe Jesus drank tea?

Collier11
10/30/2009, 04:49 PM
the majority of religions all lead to the same place, they just go about it differently

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 04:51 PM
the majority of religions all lead to the same place, they just go about it differently
Right. They leave Catholicism and focus on collection plates.

Collier11
10/30/2009, 04:54 PM
Thats why I go to church and when I do I never take the religion part of it too seriously, just the faith, forgiveness, and salvation part

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2009, 04:57 PM

Yup, they all lead straight to hell. All but Mormon :D

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 04:59 PM
Yup, they all lead straight to hell. All but Mormon :D

If you can avoid hell....why didn't the Cougars stay undefeated?

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2009, 05:02 PM
If you can avoid hell....why didn't the Cougars stay undefeated?

Don't ask me, I'm just a good ole Catholic boy. :P

Side note: I HATE NOTRE DAME!!!!!!!!!!

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 05:15 PM
LOL...The Pope rests his case. :D

Sooner_Havok
10/30/2009, 05:16 PM
LOL...The Pope rests his case. :D

As long as he keeps the wine flowing, I'm cool :cool:

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 05:17 PM
Their will always be wine.