PDA

View Full Version : Okay Green Bay Packer Fans

JLEW1818
10/29/2009, 04:49 PM
if u were attending the game this weekend

would you boo, cheer, or nothing at all?

(Favre)

Boomer.....
10/29/2009, 04:55 PM
I'm guessing boo.

soonerinabilene
10/29/2009, 05:16 PM
He wanted to still play. The packers didnt want him. He had every right to move on to another team. Did Cowboys fans boo Emmitt when he came back to Texas Stadium wearing a Cardinals uniform? No. Now, I realize that Emmitt didnt wait until the last minute and change his mind like Favre has several times, but still, if the Packers didnt want him anymore, the fans have no right to boo him for still wanting to play. This isnt like Damon leaving the Red Sox for the Yankees, where it was the player that wanted to move on to the biggest rival.

NormanPride
10/29/2009, 05:18 PM
No booing, but I will cheer the sacks, ints, and fumbles extra loud. Favre was a baby about the whole thing.

jdsooner
10/29/2009, 05:33 PM
Boo--he signed with a rival, which was an "in your face" move.
I still like him, but he deserves to be booed in GB.

Taxman71
10/30/2009, 08:42 AM
I thought the Packers just wanted him to "compete" for his starting spot, then he demanded a trade, release or retirement? Either way, it got ugly. The Vikings are to Packer fans what the whorns are to OU fans.

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 08:43 AM
WOW! No Packer fans on this board. Thank Goodness. I think I'll hang out a few more years now.

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 08:58 AM
People are forgetting the business side of why Favre left. He wanted a lot of $$ that the Packers simply couldn't afford being a fan-owned team and all.

To put it in perspective though, imagine Sam leaving school this year, sitting out a year, then playing his senior year at UT. What would you do? Boo him? Cheer him? Or do like I do with Favre and go "WTF are you doing?"

If Favre's career was ever to be ended by injury, this would be the game to have it happen. No, I'm not calling for him to get hurt, but it would be fitting to end his career in GB one way or the other. I'd really like to see him have a game like he had against the Giants in the playoffs a couple years ago. Looked like a brandy new rook throwing up gimme interceptions and such.

badger
10/30/2009, 11:47 AM
I was out sick yesterday and didn't notice this thread till now.

I am not going to boo Favre, whether I'm at the game or in front of the tee vee. Even if my throat was up for a lot of hearty booing, I wouldn't do it.

I can't remember the last time I booed anything.

StoopTroup
10/30/2009, 11:55 AM
Flushed em out. :D

Tulsa_Fireman
10/30/2009, 02:28 PM
People are forgetting the business side of why Favre left. He wanted a lot of $$ that the Packers simply couldn't afford being a fan-owned team and all.

To put it in perspective though, imagine Sam leaving school this year, sitting out a year, then playing his senior year at UT. What would you do? Boo him? Cheer him? Or do like I do with Favre and go "WTF are you doing?"

If Favre's career was ever to be ended by injury, this would be the game to have it happen. No, I'm not calling for him to get hurt, but it would be fitting to end his career in GB one way or the other. I'd really like to see him have a game like he had against the Giants in the playoffs a couple years ago. Looked like a brandy new rook throwing up gimme interceptions and such.

But didn't the Pack still have a whopping 9 million beneath the salary cap? The exact number escapes me, but the Green and Gold of the last few years have had one of the largest cap cushions in the league.

Don't forget to level a finger at Ted Thompson in this whole thing, either. He wasn't exactly pristine in the whole debacle himself.

C&CDean
10/30/2009, 03:04 PM
But didn't the Pack still have a whopping 9 million beneath the salary cap? The exact number escapes me, but the Green and Gold of the last few years have had one of the largest cap cushions in the league.

Don't forget to level a finger at Ted Thompson in this whole thing, either. He wasn't exactly pristine in the whole debacle himself.

It's all water under the dam anyhow. We're gonna hit him in the mouf, and win the galdamn game. That's all I know.

TUSooner
10/30/2009, 04:08 PM
Wouldn't cheer him; he's on the wrong *&%$#@& team. If there's a time for "thanks for the memories" the game ain't it. OTOH, I don't think I'd boo either. Just 'cause I only boo really bad stuff. But I hope he has 5 INTs and gets sacked 10 times.

JLEW1818
11/1/2009, 07:17 PM
and Favre wins

Ardmore_Sooner
11/1/2009, 07:21 PM
if u were attending the game this weekend

would you boo, cheer, or nothing at all?

(Favre)

Who cares? The guy is scum anyways.

JLEW1818
11/1/2009, 07:30 PM
i don't think he is

but not a Favre fan

now scum, A-rod, he is a good example of Scum

Ardmore_Sooner
11/1/2009, 07:47 PM
Maybe I'm just a disgruntled Packer fan. ;)

He's as good as the players around him. There is a reason the Packers had losing seasons throughout the 2000's. And the one game he decides to absolutely suck is the NFC championship game against NY Giants. It'll be interesting to see who he chokes against this year.

JLEW1818
11/1/2009, 07:56 PM
gonna be hard to beat the Saints

bluedogok
11/1/2009, 08:58 PM
Favre was a baby about the whole thing.
Thompson and McCarthy were as well, plenty of blame to go around in that particular situation.

Sooner04
11/1/2009, 09:01 PM
Brett's a drama queen. Everybody knows that.

Go Vikings!

swardboy
11/3/2009, 01:53 PM
Why, I definitely would have boo'd him.

No, wait, I think I would have cheered him.