PDA

View Full Version : new york jets uniforms????

ouwapiti
10/29/2009, 09:09 AM
have the jets changed their uniforms or are the ones they've been wearing the 'throwbacks' ???..just wondering

SteelClip49
10/29/2009, 09:15 AM
it's throwback year for a lot of teams..... and yes the Jets are wearing their New York Titans uniforms.

ouwapiti
10/29/2009, 09:26 AM
'throwback YEAR'?????....wow, didnt know that....what other teams are doing it ???

Sooner Among The Pack
10/29/2009, 09:43 AM
You'll see Denver, New England, Kansas City; a lot of the old AFL teams are wearing their unis. You'll also catch orange and white striped referee unis that are wild all year long.

TUSooner
10/29/2009, 09:52 AM
'throwback YEAR'?????....wow, didnt know that....what other teams are doing it ???

This year is the 50th anniversary of the old AFL. (Some of us are old enough to remember when the upstart AFL competed against the NFL, before the AFL teams were taken into the NFL.)
That's why........

During the regular season, all of the "original eight" AFL teams will take part in at least two "Legacy Weekends," during which the teams and on-field officials will wear AFL throwback attire.

I think all the old AFL teams went into the AFC which was augmented by some orginal NFL teams (Pitt. Steelers, Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Colts). The 8 original AFL teams are NY Jets (originally Titans), Boston (New England) Patriots, Buffalo Bills, Houston Oilers (now Tennessee Titans), KC Chiefs (originally Dallas Texans), Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers (originally LA Chargers), Denver Broncos. They were later joined by the Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals

As usual, Wikipedia has all the answers (No wagering, please!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Football_League

GottaHavePride
10/29/2009, 02:09 PM
YEah, Tennessee has been wearing Oilers uniforms. Confused the **** out of me a week or two ago. I was like "Is this a replay of an old game? But the picture quality is so good!"

SoonerInLubbock
10/29/2009, 02:40 PM
You'll see Denver, New England, Kansas City; a lot of the old AFL teams are wearing their unis. You'll also catch orange and white striped referee unis that are wild all year long.

Those ref uniforms are just terrible. They designed those things wayyy before HD.

SoonerLaw09
10/29/2009, 03:44 PM
Nothing is worse than the original Denver Broncos unis. Sample below. Beware, your vision may be permanently damaged.

http://thefulleffect.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/denver60oj7.gif

soonermix
10/29/2009, 04:30 PM
the broncos may have been bad but it is still easier on the eyes than burnt orange and any version and any sport of the texas unis.

ashley
10/30/2009, 07:44 AM
I like the Jets throwback uniforms better.