PDA

View Full Version : ABC OU/KU broadcast mentions 1971 "clip"

rawlingsHOH
10/28/2009, 11:00 PM
Anyone catch this?

They did a special "Inside View" segment featuring the 1971 GOC against Nebraska, and defended the refs opinion of no clipping penalty, on the infamous Rodgers return.

And they highlighted the wrong block, on Harrison, at the end of the return, which was a clean play. Not the BLATANT infraction, at the 45-yard line, that sprung the big gain.

At the 30 minute mark if you DVRd the game.

MyT Oklahoma
10/29/2009, 12:01 AM
Noted.. duly noted. I didn't like the call at the time but that still doesn't change the result of that game. Happens.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/29/2009, 12:39 AM
As I remember, there was more than one clip on that play...maybe 4.

sooner59
10/29/2009, 02:11 AM
Of course there were multiple blocks in the back. Of course ABC is stupid. But are we really discussing a play from 38 years ago?

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2009, 03:38 AM
Screw it. We know what happened even if ABC is retarded.

swardboy
10/29/2009, 06:18 AM
But the rest of the world must know the ******tardness of abc....

rawlingsHOH
10/29/2009, 08:54 AM
Of course there were multiple blocks in the back. Of course ABC is stupid. But are we really discussing a play from 38 years ago?
ABC were the ones initiating the discussion, defending the no call.

stoopified
10/29/2009, 09:22 AM
Of course there were multiple blocks in the back. Of course ABC is stupid. But are we really discussing a play from 38 years ago?W@hy not? I'm still pissed off about the 1957 ND game and that was three years BEFORE I was born. :D

Lott's Bandana
10/29/2009, 09:28 AM
In ESPN's half-hour program they did a few years back re: TGOTC, many Nebbish players admit there were several clippings that could have been called.

That admission actually lessened the pain from that afternoon from something like having testicles lowered in a deep-fat fryer, to just simply having them microwaved.

Still, it's something.

texas bandman
10/29/2009, 09:56 AM
I was there, I'm still pissed and will be until the day I die.

10/29/2009, 11:02 AM
W@hy not? I'm still pissed off about the 1957 ND game and that was three years BEFORE I was born. :DThis is the correct answer. You win a handful of candy corn. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

10/29/2009, 11:07 AM
I was there, I'm still pissed and will be until the day I die.There were other nebbish violations that went uncalled, including a fumble, and a play where the neb ball carrier's knee was down, if I remember correctly.

Seamus
10/29/2009, 12:31 PM
W@hy not? I'm still pissed off about the 1957 ND game and that was three years BEFORE I was born. :D

"Effin a cotton, effin a."

http://www.dvd.net.au/movies/d/11311-5.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
10/30/2009, 09:44 AM
And...

What was with ESPiNs stupid segment about touching items...And Notre Dame and Lou Holz "inventing" the "Play Like a Champion Today" board...No mention anywhere of OU and using it decades prior to Lou "inventing" it...

10/30/2009, 09:50 AM
And...

What was with ESPiNs stupid segment about touching items...And Notre Dame and Lou Holz "inventing" the "Play Like a Champoin Today" board...No mention anywhere of OU and using it decades prior to Lou "inventing" it...Isn't the preferred name ESPeNis?

boomermagic
10/30/2009, 10:04 AM
Isn't the preferred name ESPeNis?

Sounds good all except DO you Really like Rush ? Tell me you don't please ?:(

10/30/2009, 10:23 AM
Sounds good all except DO you Really like Rush ? Tell me you don't please ?:(Listen to his show for a full program sometime...Then, just keep listening for a while. You'll see he's not at all like portrayed in the MSM.(if he's not available down in the boondocks of Wilburton, you can try satellite or internet?)

Jacie
10/30/2009, 03:28 PM
A highlight tape of bad, game-deciding calls that went against the Sooners would include the clips on the Johnny Rodgers punt return, that horrendous call of the onside kick at Oregon, the no-call interception versus sa*et that resulted in a 15-all tie, and possibly that game versus sand aggie (two bad calls on the game-winning drive).

Feel free to add to this list.

But the most famous bad call ever was awarding the puffs a fifth down versus misery that ultimately led to their national championship.