PDA

View Full Version : Edgar Bennett > Adrian Peterson.......

Salt City Sooner
10/28/2009, 12:01 PM
Just ask Mark Chmura:

Mark Chmura, a tight end on the '96 team, said he went through the rosters position by position and could not find an advantage for the Vikings. "And it all starts with Brett -- Brett's not as good as he was," he said, according to the report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4601368

Collier11
10/28/2009, 12:12 PM
Doesnt Chmura have some small child to molest?

westbrooke
10/28/2009, 12:13 PM
Just ask Mark Chmura:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4601368

Hahahaha, I understand why they're bristling a bit because the Vikings haven't really accomplished anything of note yet, but making a public show of running them down just makes the old Packers look a bit ridiculous, as you've correctly pointed out. Even if you give them Levens in his prime - who didn't really flourish until later - instead of Bennett, that's still a failed comparison.

badger
10/28/2009, 12:17 PM
Real, live, lifetime Packer fan here.

Mark Chmura, IMHO, has not be the best of friends with Favre ever since Chmura's trial for a party he had at his house with minors. He was accused of... not rape, I don't think, but sexual contact with his 17-year-old babysitter.

It wasn't just Favre that seemed to turn on him, but all of Green Bay. Here was a guy that refused to go to the White House after out Super Bowl victory because he didn't think Clinton was a good role model as president or something like that, and he hosts a post-prom party at his house for underagers to get drunk in his hottub with him? It was awful.

Packer fans were really drawn to Mark before then, because he was cute (there was some Packer song that had a line with a chick saying "And that Mark Chmura is soooo fiiiiine!") and a good role model (he signed for less money than he was worth to encourage other free agents to do the same at one time). It was a really, really bad situation.

As such, don't take anything Chmura says at face value. He is not trustworthy. He is not a Packer I look back on with fond memories. He used to be BFF with Favre and our center Frank Winters. Not after the trial. He was cut and forgotten.

Deano, you have anything to say on the matter?

Aries
10/28/2009, 12:21 PM
I thought Chmura was cleared of those allegations? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

badger
10/28/2009, 12:22 PM
I thought Chmura was cleared of those allegations? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

He was found "not guilty," if that's what you mean.

The fact remains that he was hosting a post-prom party for underagers at his home, where they were hot tubbing with a "family man" who had been kind of the role model figure on the team in the past.

That fact alone caused people to trash their #89 jerseys, regardless of what the jury said.

rawlingsHOH
10/28/2009, 12:25 PM
LMAO

One of the dumbest things I've ever read.

First off, I watched every game both teams have played.

Funny thing is Visante Shiancoe is better than Chewy ever was at TE. I'd even take the Vikings WR group. Robert Brooks and A.Freeman were a couple of spares who Favre/Holmgren turned into rich men.

Defense, GB no doubt. Thought maybe the Vikes get the edge in the front 4.

-----

QB- GB
RB- MIN
WR- MIN
TE- GB, just because of that KJ factor
OL- GB
DL- Min
LB- GB
DB- GB
ST- Min

rawlingsHOH
10/28/2009, 12:27 PM
Real, live, lifetime Packer fan here.

Mark Chmura, IMHO, has not be the best of friends with Favre ever since Chmura's trial for a party he had at his house with minors. He was accused of... not rape, I don't think, but sexual contact with his 17-year-old babysitter.
Ganter's daughter?

badger
10/28/2009, 12:29 PM
Ganter's daughter?

I don't remember. What I do remember was local news televising the trial every single d@mn day throughout that ordeal up until the verdict was read. I remember that Chmura showed emotion for the first time in front of all those cameras then - he just burst into tears. Before then, he barely said anything, except to the judge to confirm that he understood what was going on.

It was heartbreaking for a young Packer fan like myself. :(

rawlingsHOH
10/28/2009, 12:34 PM
I've been thru Chmura's bigass house in Bristlecone Pines went it went up for sale. He was an idiot.

C&CDean
10/28/2009, 12:45 PM
I put Chmura in the same category as I put Deion Sanders, Tuhrell Owens, Chad "I'm too ****ing stupid to learn how to say 85 in espanol" Johnson, Steve Mackdaddy McNair, Kobe "she wanted my black bologna" Bryant and a bunch of other athletes who think their fame makes them bullet proof.

I thought he was a hell of a tight end. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he make a pro bowl? Anyhow, he was a good player who did something really, really stupid.

As far as stating "Edgar Bennett is better than AD" well that is just one more stupid thing he's said/done.

I hope AD rushes for 200 yards and the Packers win by 20. That would make a very fine day for me.

picasso
10/28/2009, 12:49 PM
I can't get over the name Packers.

badger
10/28/2009, 01:02 PM
I put Chmura in the same category as I put Deion Sanders, Tuhrell Owens, Chad "I'm too ****ing stupid to learn how to say 85 in espanol" Johnson, Steve Mackdaddy McNair, Kobe "she wanted my black bologna" Bryant and a bunch of other athletes who think their fame makes them bullet proof.
agree

I thought he was a hell of a tight end. If I'm not mistaken, didn't he make a pro bowl? Anyhow, he was a good player who did something really, really stupid.
Agree, and you should have seen him whine to the local media when he got "snubbed" one year from the Pro Bowl. I think he was an alternate the whining year and a roster guy the next.

As far as stating "Edgar Bennett is better than AD" well that is just one more stupid thing he's said/done.
Agree. There's a reason they kept Dorsey Levens and let Edgar go to da bearz.

I hope AD rushes for 200 yards and the Packers win by 20. That would make a very fine day for me.
Make it 300 yards of AD rushing and a Packers win by 30 and I'll agree :D

NormanPride
10/28/2009, 01:36 PM
QB- GB
RB- MIN
WR- MIN
OL- GB
DL- Min
LB- GB
DB- GB
ST- Min

See, this is how I know you're completely full of it. ;) Nobody in their right mind would choose the Packer OL over the Viking's. Also, Jennings+Driver+Nelson > Berrian+Harvin+Rice, IMO

Collier11
10/28/2009, 01:39 PM
This is comparing 96 packers to current Vikes idjit ;)

SunnySooner
10/28/2009, 01:50 PM
Edgar who???

Collier11
10/28/2009, 02:14 PM
edgar bennett

badger
10/28/2009, 02:15 PM
This is comparing 96 packers to current Vikes idjit ;)

Don't call my hubbie an idjit. No reason we can't compare GB now to VQ now, right?

(VQ = Vi-Queen or the other term that would get Larry Johnson suspended and fined more, lol)

If we wanna compare GB 96 to VQ 09, here goes...

QB - GB (because Favre was in a three-straight MVP streak back then)
RB - AD (Edgar and Dorsey were a good tandem, but AD by himself trumps all other RB's past and present :) yahhh, a little Sooner-biased)
TE - GB (Keith Jackson AND NOBODY ELSE WORTH MENTIONING for the win!)
OL - GB (Favre as a VQ goes down for sacks and AD needs to be elusive in runs, but GB's O-line was solid!)
WR - GB (Freeman, Brooks and late edition Andre Rison gave Favre sure targets)

ST - GB (Desmond Howard has a Super Bowl MVP year and we had one of the longest punters in Heintrich and a decent kicker in Jacke)

DL - GB (Our defensive line included Reggie White and a monster named Gilbert Brown. Sean Jones was another solid guy. You didn't wanna mess with these guys)

So I could go on, but in a nutshell, AD is the only advantage the 09 VQ have over 96 GB.

rawlingsHOH
10/28/2009, 02:17 PM
See, this is how I know you're completely full of it. ;) Nobody in their right mind would choose the Packer OL over the Viking's. Also, Jennings+Driver+Nelson > Berrian+Harvin+Rice, IMO
OL....
96 Packers
C Winters
G Taylor, Timmerman
T Dotson, ?

09 Vikings
C Sullivan
G Hutchinson, Herrera
T McKinnie, Loadholt

Edge goes to the Pack, in my opinion. 3 positions to 2, that that is giving Minnesota the LT spot, because I can't remember who played there for the Pack.

WR....
96 Packers
Freeman
Brooks
Beebe

09 Vikings
Rice
Harvin
Berrian

Vikings easily have more talent. Robert Brooks was more "proven" but didn't do anything in 96, he was hurt.

badger
10/28/2009, 02:19 PM
WR....
96 Packers
Freeman
Brooks
Rison

Fixed. Because of injuries, Andre Rison was brought in and he excelled.

rawlingsHOH
10/28/2009, 02:24 PM
WR - GB (Freeman, Brooks and late edition Andre Rison gave Favre sure targets)
Totally disagree. Brooks only played a handful of games, and Rison did nothing. Throwing the the TEs and RBs is what made the passing game great.

ST - GB (Desmond Howard has a Super Bowl MVP year and we had one of the longest punters in Heintrich and a decent kicker in Jacke)
Percy Harvin is Desmond Howard on steroids.

Longwell > Jacke

Hentrich vs Kluwe is probably a push. Both decent.

sooner94
10/28/2009, 02:25 PM
Edgar who???

Exactly. Who the $#%^ is Edgar Bennet?

rawlingsHOH
10/28/2009, 02:27 PM
Fixed. Because of injuries, Andre Rison was brought in and he excelled.
He caught a long TD in the Super Bowl, other than that, did very little. Hell, I don't think he joined the team until December.

SoonerLaw09
10/28/2009, 02:28 PM

^^^^This

:texan:

SCxxSOONER
10/28/2009, 02:35 PM
LMAO

One of the dumbest things I've ever read.

First off, I watched every game both teams have played.

Funny thing is Visante Shiancoe is better than Chewy ever was at TE. I'd even take the Vikings WR group. Robert Brooks and A.Freeman were a couple of spares who Favre/Holmgren turned into rich men.

Defense, GB no doubt. Thought maybe the Vikes get the edge in the front 4.

-----

QB- GB
RB- MIN
WR- MIN
OL- GB
DL- Min
LB- GB
DB- GB
ST- Min

OL - Min

GB is depleted

rawlingsHOH
10/28/2009, 02:39 PM
LOL

badger
10/28/2009, 02:41 PM
He caught a long TD in the Super Bowl, other than that, did very little. Hell, I don't think he joined the team until December.

That sounds about right. He only played five games, but given that he didn't have much time, he was pretty dependable.

And if Desmond didn't have that TD return, Rison's TD pass would have been the most memorable play of the game.

NormanPride
10/28/2009, 02:48 PM
I don't think much of the Minn WRs right now. They get single coverage with little to no safety help almost all day because of AD.

Collier11
10/28/2009, 02:52 PM
Thats part of being a good team, Berrian has his moments, Harvin is a stud at times, and Rice is really coming on. Greg Jennings and Driver trump both of them though

TUSooner
10/28/2009, 02:52 PM
For the record, there was no actual mention of AD. But Chmura must have skipped a line on the roster when he was comparing the teams position-by-position. :rolleyes:

I hope the Packers win anyway.

rawlingsHOH
10/28/2009, 02:59 PM
DL, both really good.

LE: Reggie, slight edge over Jared Allen because he can stuff the run.
DT: Kevin Williams, edge over Santana Dotson
NT: Pat Williams v Gilbert Brown, they are the same guy!
RE: Sean Jones, better than the two assclowns the Vikings use.

badger
10/28/2009, 04:21 PM
LE: Reggie, slight edge over Jared Allen because he can stuff the run.

SLIGHT?! SLIGHT! You, sir, do NOT know football if you think that d00shebag is even CLOSE to being Reggie White.

Slight... I think I threw up a little in my mouth just reading that silently :mad:

NormanPride
10/28/2009, 04:36 PM
A sack dance does not a great player make.

Breadburner
10/28/2009, 04:45 PM

Thats not was Mark Gastineau says......:D

badger
10/28/2009, 05:10 PM

I swear, I ever get close to Jared Allen and his sack dance, I am going to kick him squarely in the middle of his sack... dance... and then watch him dance sack...less...

That post is gonna get edited, isn't it? :O

TXBOOMER
10/28/2009, 05:58 PM

I hate them. There are so many people that like them that rarely even get to see them play (unless they have a cable package). Those same people can't name more than 3 or 4 players. If I were a Viking player I would send them a huge box of FUDGE for a pregame snack.

TXBOOMER
10/28/2009, 05:59 PM
Thats not was Mark Gastineau says......:D

Gastineau was a freaking animal there for a few years.

rawlingsHOH
10/28/2009, 06:08 PM
SLIGHT?! SLIGHT! You, sir, do NOT know football if you think that d00shebag is even CLOSE to being Reggie White.

Slight... I think I threw up a little in my mouth just reading that silently :mad:
1996 Reggie? Slight.

1986 Reggie? Big.

Jared Allen, today, is a better pass rusher than Reggie was in '96, though Reggie was still the better overall player.